Destruction: The Begginning (Part 1)

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jae shook her head, reaching over to open the door, pausing only to make sure her gun was loaded. "Hey, are you out there lady? quit playing games." she asked, shoving the barrel through the door.

A shuffling sound came from the closet, as the budging of the door caused Erin to topple over on her side. It was not enough to rouse her.

Jae slipped out of the door and noticed the girl was laying on the ground. "Greaaat." She muttered, kneeling down beside the woman and trying to wake her up. "Hellooo, we've got to move. Are you dead?" She checked the lady's pulse. "No, not dead."

Jessie wrapped her arm around John and started to walk. They went down the stair way of the building and out onto the street as they continued on their journey. She might have tried to talk to him a little while they went if she had not known he wasn't much of a talker. The most she could get out of him was a 'Yes' or 'No'... and that was if she was lucky. Ever once and a while she would look down at the boy that she traveled with only to see the same thing. A sad looking face under a hood. Really it looked like an emotionless face, like he had no emotions at all if not for the slight frown at either corner of his lips.

Stirring her person, a cold hand on her jugular, both attributed to Erin stirring. She broke into consciousness for a moment, the voice of the other party sounding hollow and muffled. She had to get moving, didn't she? Who knows what these government types wanted with her. She woke up fully, the grogginess dispelled by adrenaline and imperative. She got up and peeked out the door, looking towards any ways the area could be entered. She stepped out and examined the deactivated PC.

"Be sure to give it to a competent scientist. Somebody who can reprogram it instead of kill it." With that, she slammed the janitor closet shut, closing in the person who revived her, shouting "Thanks for waking me up!" as she absconded from the facility. She entered the Fiat with enough haste that if she hit something with her body, she'd get a scrape. Luckily, the seat was nice and comfortable. She started the car and drove off, hoping her helper would simply write her off instead of pursuing her.

Jae, being pushed and closed into a room, jumped up from the ground and kicked the door so hard the wood splintered and fell apart. She stepped out and looked around and realized the lady had left. "Damnit." she rubbed her neck and looked around before turning on her mic. "Seyn, do you read? Can you hear me?" she asked as she walked towards the jeep. She could help him, now that she'd lost her two, although base would jump down her throat when they find out.

Removing the mask and lowering her hood, Erin drove with her knee as she stuffed her gloves and the aforementioned mask into her satchel. She had slowed down, as the criticality of the situation was gone. She combed a hand through her hair and brushed it out from inside her coat. She figured she'd drop in on that Nightclub manager to figure out if he had any sort of racketeering enterprise. Judging by his ancient attitude towards women, he might be a human trafficker.

Jessie walked for another couple of hours before she sat down on the side walk and looked over at John as he too sat down. She smiled a little at him as she spoke "Hungry?" She always tried to smile for him because he always seemed so down. She hoped sooner or later he would smile back but that probably wouldn't happen any time soon.

John looked down at his feet until he noticed Jessie stop and he too sat down next to her. She didn't seem as peppy as she used to be. Not that he really knew her for long but all the same she didn't seem peppy. "Yes." Was his response to her question. It made her smile a bit more and she seemed pleased that he spoke. Sure he didn't care about her but.if he was going to travel with her he would like her to not be drepressing otherwise he might as well go off on his own again.

Franco Tavish was the manager of the "Viper's Den" Nightclub. It's known in the area as a Dance club with a legal and open Gentleman's club in the back. Due to this versatility, it rolls in business rather well. Erin remembers going there once looking for a contact. She stayed a bit to watch the dancers and listen to the music. Dancing was a private thing for her, but she could do better than the average civilian. Erin rolled into the parking lot and noted the people going in. There were people who were obviously there for dancing. They wore baggy and fluorescent clothes. There were men who were there for the gentleman's club. They wore plain suits. Every once in awhile, a man came in wearing an especially flashy suit. Erin predicted they were there to dance as well.

She got out of the car and walked up to the bouncer. He nodded and she stepped in. The Dance part of the club was the first thing you saw. She was right about the men in the flashy suits. She watched people pop-lock to the bass and smirked. They looked skilled. They were probably athletic and worked on it a lot. She moved towards the gentleman's club until the bouncers stopped her. "No ladies in the gentleman's club." She did her best to look infuriated and began ranting about a lawsuit. She brought up topics such as sexism and homosexuality, all of which could be slammed on the club as a discrimination charge. The bouncer finally quelled her and let her in. The girls they had around here were either partially or completely nude. The "no-touch" rule kept it legal, of course.

Erin moved to the back to look for the manager. She found a bouncer and started inquiring about him. "Where do I go to get a membership?"

"You looking for a lap dance, girly? We don't have any male strippers." He also looked caught off guard by a female patron to the gentleman's club.

"Nah, I'm interested in the girls. I like the way they move." Her response was no entirely untrue. She did find their motions sexy, but not in the sense she was implying.

"Why don't you apply for a job?" Tempting offer. Could get her into the manager's office.

"Where's your manager?"

"Well, he doesn't pick the girls. It's all in the back room. Come on." Well, she was going to figure out what they do here now.

Jae sighed. The jeep was dead. "Seyn, do you copy? I need your location, like, NOW." She said into her mic. She picked up her bag of supplied and slipped it across her back. It strapped around her waist and over her left shoulder. She ran her hand over her face before glancing around. It seemed pretty desolate, but she knew that was an illusion. Only five miles down the road was a small city. She decided it would be better to head there for now, she could find transport. She started in that direction, calling for Seyn through her mic every half hour.

The two had been walking for a while when they noticed an old chopper crashed in the middle of a park. Jessie's hopes were raised by this, the soil wasn't dusty, it couldn't have crashed more than a week ago! Someone might be nearby. "Come on, hurry." she said grabbing Johns hand and dragging him along. Just as soon as she got to it she opened a crate to find food, dehydrated food! This was great! Quickly she started to stuff her small messenger bag with a few day ration before climbing in. There was no way she could fly it but a com system might be in place. After picking up a short range mic off the dead pilot she hit the button. "Hello? Can anyone here me?" she said hopefully. John hadn't said anything, he just stood there waiting for her to finish.

Jae paused as a new voice came over her mic. "Who is this?" She asked, not wanting to scare the person away, but wanting to know how they got on this secure channel.

She was surprised to find another voice come over the com system, although, she was delighted as well. "H-hello." She said fumbling with her words. "I-m Jessie. I found a helicopter thay crashed. Where are you? I have another with me. He is young." She was geting really excited now. "Are you from a town or alone? I haven't seen a single group of people for a while now."

"A helicopter?" She remembered the scouting team that went missing. "I'm alone, but I work with a specific group. Where is this helicopter? I can meet you there." She said, the entrance of the town just barely within sight. "What's around you? Street names, house numbers, so on." She had started moving again, her pace faster than earlier.

"I umm..." she said looking around "A park, I'm in a park. Umm... near a tree. The highway is like a mile away." She sighed, "Does that help? I have no idea where I am."

Jae tried to pull the pictures in her head. "Do you see a street sign anywhere?"

"You look a bit heavily clothed to be applying to be a stripper."

"I'm not here for that," Erin responded. She opened her satchel while he was still formulating a response and grasped her club-knife.

"What else could you be here for? My guys saw you in the back where all the strippers are." Before he could say anything else, she vaulted the desk to get behind him and used her club to put him in a chokehold. She let the base of the blade out to intimidate him and the bouncer in the room.

"One word and he dies. If you don't cooperate, he dies. Now, then, I need some information. What do you do back here?" She applied some force to the man's neck, choking him slightly. "Talk."

"B-back here? We... We-- Dammit, loosen your fucking grip!" Erin complied. "We cast strippers, yeah. But we also do a bit of prostitution, but only to the girls that let us."

"Go on. How do the girls get their job?" The employer swallowed some saliva. Erin brought the club up behind his jaw. "Talk!" She allowed the man some breath again.

"Well... Some strippers, we just give them the job. If a bouncer makes a request, their job kinda depends on how loose they are." A spark of fury erupted within Erin. She bared more of the blade.

"So you manipulate these girls into having sex? Does your manager, Franco Tavish, know anything about this!?"

"Yeah, it was his idea--" Erin applied force to his throat again. "He struck-- Struck a deal with-- the bouncers-- he wouldn't have-- to pay so much!"

Erin sheathed her blade and loosened up on the man. "Take me to him. Preferably, through the staff-only areas." She brought her gun out in her left hand and jammed it into his back. "I'm going to talk to him."

"With all the stress about the 'Perfect Companions', it was a logical move!" She whacked him with the club in her right hand.

"Maybe the voluntary prostitution, yeah, I get that. They had the option and they took it. But I won't stand for this. Some of these girls weren't given a choice. I'll show you the wrath of Gorgo if you don't take me to Franco. He's going to get it either way, but I'll let him live."

Jae stopped as she reached the edge of the tone, catching her breath. She glanced around, but immediately regretted it. The nearest house had blood covered windows, but everything else looked normal. She went over, closing the shutters so the windows where unseen. "I'm on Echo Street, East Sun City. Does that sound familiar?" She asked the girl through the mic.

"I... Don't know." she said a bit less hopeful. "I didn't exactly live here. I was just trying to find living people..." she sat down on the floor with a huff. "Umm its a park that key dogs in. I can see a sign that says so. Does that help?"

John, now getting bored, takes the mic and says simply "We are at the Sun Corner Street Park." then he handed it back to Jessie and sat down.

For a second she just stared yay him surprised that he talked. "Oh my god!" she said excitedly as she jumped up and hugged him. "You talked! You talked! You talked!"

When the boy spoke, Jae knew exactly where they were. "Copy that. I know exactly where you are. Stay there. I am coming." She started back down the street, taking several turns and ended up on the opposite side of the park. She started towards them.

Status
Not open for further replies.