Destruction: The Begginning (Part 1)

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate nodded. She grabbed the upper end of the rope, waiting for Ken to hold on and for 18460-DK to grab on to help pull.

Gaining control over PCs was hard work from a smartphone. Especially when the connection was hampered by distance. It was a principal of physics, carried over from electricity. Distance reduces charge, or in this case, connectivity. Still, it was a reliable way to reduce risk of injury.

The Alabaster Hero was hacking the systems of the nearby Anti-PC Ops Base in an attempt to control the PCs for proper reprogramming. That was her hope, anyway. Sadly, PCs are tricky, so she ended up accidentally releasing them from their containment. This created problems for the resident nerd. Luckily, at a distance, she had all the time in the world. In a matter of 10 minutes (which, as has been revealed, the troops do not have), Erin could hack all three of them in one fell swoop, disengaging them, and with a swift message broadcast, convince the operatives to resort to reprogramming.

If only she could do it sooner.

Felix silently walked through the halls, his clear storm-gray eyes sweeping through the hall. Things were out of place, bullet holes were in the walls, and blood splatters of red, cerulean blue, and even black were splattered against the walls. Dead bodies of the humans and 'perfect' companions were wildly laid out through the hall. Such a shame, Felix thought.

Clara was sitting on top of a piece of a building's roof that was sticking out, calmly watching the city that was destroyed completely. In front of the beautiful sun was the silhouette of the city-in-ashes, smoke rising up into the sky, forming clouds of poison and death. Clara sighed, putting her knees up to her chin, resting her head on her knees.

The hardest part about being an anonymous hacker working in public is remaining anonymous. The biggest part was making sure nobody knew what you were doing. This is especially hard in a city. Damned people and their snoopy demeanors. Compiling a code hack was the least obvious revelation of one's profession, of course, so this half-wit behind her had no idea what the digits and characters on her smartphone screen meant. On the top was a binary line representing the basic version of the code. The barebones of it, making it extremely complex to work in. In the middle was a alphanumeric code, which was visually more complex, but simpler to work. Finally, on the bottom, were standard system protocols for whatever she was hacking. She could push a pause button to stop real-time hacking to perform a certain script change, and then push the button again to apply the string, and resume active compilation.

"What are you even doing?" The bystander behind her questioned unreasonably. "I don't have to tell you. Stop looking at my screen." The man walked off, uttering a sexist slur and an audible "bitch" as he left. She paid no attention. It wasn't her place, unless this guy happened to be in a prostitution or human trafficking ring. She'll have to figure things out on him later. His name was Franco Tavish. Age 47. Occupation, Nightclub Manager. She'll find him later to perform surveillance.

Back to the hacking.

Perfect Companion Advanced Artificial Intelligence Protocol (PCAAIP) was a complex tangle of code webs typical of Advanced AI. They took a fair amount of time to hack, which is why it was always best to do so from a distance.

One of the PCs went offline. That's odd.

Oh, it was a hard deactivation, aka, a kill. Erin hoped it was in defense of self or another and not for the sake of killing it. She did, however, pick up another PC signal. She kept the original coding in the background as she pulled up the code of the new PC...

"Hot damn..."

Erin got up and used her GPS to find the base. This was a matter which required her direct attention. Using a bluetooth hack, Erin disabled the alarm and unlocked the door of a car, and started it up. A metallic blue Fiat Sedan. The owner's going to miss it. She set her GPS to direct her to the base while she resumed her hacking, and used a windshield camera app to keep her eyes on the road without taking her eyes off the hack. Hopefully she could save those other two PCs - and potentially their possible victims - on the way. The base was a ways out from her locale, though.

Felix walked up a long flight of stairs, his eyes watching intensely in case something out of the blue would pop up. After a short while, Felix reached the top of the flight into the top of the building. A cool breeze swept over him, seeing the city and skies in surprise. It's been a while since he had last seen the world, he had always been cooped up in the building, basically guarding his life from the Perfect Companions.

Clara sensed vibrations from the floor head her way, and she sprinted up from her calm position, immediately taking out her iron-penetrating sword, ready to attack. Once she saw what it was, she relaxed. "You really need to stop coming up from surprise, Felix."

((Okay..I'm not gonna wait, where did Ken go?))

Kate winced as a burst of hot air blasted from behind her through the ducts, she dropped the rope.. "Ken, hide!" She yelled. "I'm getting something better.." She turned around, motioning for 18460-DK to follow her. They reach the said weapons lab without much trouble, finding it ransacked and ripped apart. "Wow.." Kate said, avoiding stepping on the broken glass. She walked over to the only thing that seemed intact, a broken glass case with a fully loaded rifle. Not just any rifle, the PCR 300, newest addition to the armoury, and the most powerful gun made since the Perfect Companions were created. She reached through the glass and grabbed the gun, weighing it carefully. "Nice..two rounds, fully loaded, one half empty, dang it." She pulled the mobile case off the wall, strapping to her waist and resting the gun inside. She took a high-tech pistol off the shelf, handing it to 18460-DK. "Here, this should attach to your arm, so no worries about dropping it. Just aim and yell 'fire', it'll do all the work, except reloading, that you do yourself. Just hold it next to your arm." She said, grabbing extra clips from a cabinet. "Let's go." She walked over to the door, taking a deep breath and scanning her key, opening the door.

High Tech Pistol
images
PCR 300
images

Whoever owned the Fiat had terrible taste in music. Modern Classical, absolute shit, if you asked Erin. She changed the station to a more suitable House station and resumed driving. She was about half done with her hack, and three quarters of the way to the base. It wouldn't be long until she would be able to see this unique PC. She'd rather get the problematic ones out of the way, first.

While she was performing her hack, Erin made a few intentional AI glitches in the script, remembering to rectify them when she finished, which should buy time for the potential victims. She imagined the PCs holding their arms to behind them as they aimed down the sights they thought they saw pointing at its targets. How hilarious it must be to watch. Even better, if one was using a blade, they would attack with its side, making it likely to snap in half. And, finally, she glitched their ambulatory animations to slow them down, and possibly make them topple over. They'll seem laughable, more than deadly.

Creeping around the corner, Jae kept her rifle aimed. Empty?! Where did the thing go?!? He just left?? She scanned the room quickly, slowly coming through the door into the room she had left Ken. "Hey, are you in here, Ken? It's like they left.."

Ken lay motionless in the cell, the death bot and 'Jumbo' managed to get to another part of the base. Sure Jumbo had a huge cut down its back but Jumbo was a peace of advanced mechanical design that made it almost impossible to kill with most weapons. You would have to cut down at least a dozen circuits before you could even slow it down...

Anyways, the death bot which was created for an unknown military purpose left Ken almost unrecognizable. He lay leaned up in a corner with his mouth open and blood covering the majority of his jacket. Half his face was gone, to heaven knows where, while the other half of his upper head looked like a clean white skull. An arm was ripped off and laying in the hinged of the cell door... and that just happened to be the end of Ken.

She looked around and moved an overturned desk, freezing. There lay Ken. She stepped back, refusing to break down. "I-I'm sorry." She whispered before turning out of the room, her head bowed. She'd seen too many die, and now one of her own team died. We have to find a way to stop this! She thought to herself.

Pulling into the lot, Erin had just a bit longer to compile her code. She had to hunt down her glitches and rectify them immediately. Then she could put the final touch on the code, the "[A~I]>End AI String" code to finish a disable. However, they would become deadly again, jeopardizing the people inside. She decided she was going to try to protect them. She sat her smartphone down for a second to cock back a high-caliber pistol. It was time to create a diversion.

Erin ran in, smartphone in one gloved hand, pistol in the other, mask on her face. The caliber was high enough to stun the PCs, but too many shots would damage them. She'd aim for objects she could use to stun them without damaging them, only resorting to shooting when there was nothing else, and killing when she was in danger. She'd finally get to meet this new PC, as well.

With a professional approach, her gun hand's wrist over the other's, keeping a steady eye on her smartphone as she hunted for the code glitches. She wasn't really that professional - she was really more of a street fighter - but she knew how to handle a gun. The masterpiece was nearly complete.

Erin turned the corner to see an overturned desk, and a dead man on a monitoring system. "Dammit!" she interjected, stomping her foot on the ground and squeezing the grip of her pistol. "That's on my ass! I gotta rectify this..." She looked back into the room and called out. "Is there anyone there?"

Jae almost jumped at the sound of a new voice. She turned around, her gun pointed at the door. "Who are you?" Her voice was confident and aggressive.

"My name's not important. You need to stay out of sight for... Oh, two more minutes." Unsure how the soldier would take a denial of identification, Erin readied herself for a fight or flight situation. "No, but seriously, get your head down, I'm trying to help you."

Jae sighed, sitting down. "Okay, fine. But if I find you a threat, you'll have a bullet in your leg. I don't feel like killing someone right now, so you're lucky."

Tapping the nose of her mask with the finger of her gun-hand, she looked around and focused her hearing on the little stigma in the area. It didn't sound too close. "Unless acoustics have me at a disadvantage, we're clear for now. I'm going to hide in that janitor clos-- oh, dead guy..." In her peripheral was the body of the man she had lamented earlier. "I'll have to make up for this somehow. Judging by your face, I'd say you cut your mourning short for your own sake. But for now, stay hidden."

((I'll be back tomorrow))

Jae scowled. "Whatever." She shifted her gun and leaned against the wall.

(We're all human here)

Erin gently closed the door behind her, making sure the bolt locked in place. She pressed her back against it and slowly slid to the floor. She was having an anxiety attack. She didn't mean for that guy to die. She didn't intend for him to die. He wasn't even doing anything to her. He was an innocent casualty. Never losing her focus, even with her breath shortening and shock setting in, she lifted her mask and put the finishing touches on the script. Now then, to tag the end script...

A metallic bang, akin to a stomp or a hard slam, reverberated throughout the room she just left. She hoped the other was safe. She took a glance at the cameras to confirm everyone's safety. She caught sight of the body again and cringed. She tagged the end of the script and submitted it into action. Another metallic ruckus. The remaining regular PCs fell onto the floor, deactivated. Erin's heart stopped for a moment, causing her to lose her breath. The pressure of someone's blood on her hands caused her to faint. She'd be up in a few hours, but the turmoil in her head wouldn't give her a pleasant unconsciousness. At least everyone was safe.

Jessie had just let another arrow go before falling to the ground with a sigh, that was the third perfect companion today. With a short sigh she brought herself to her feet again and walked over to retrieve her arrow out of the eye socket of the perfect companion. It was hard to believe she was even able to hit it, never mind so perfectly. This was a small and quick perfect companion which meant that even with the slightest hesitation she would have missed her shot and probably have been murdered along with the kid she found a couple of days again. As usual his hood was up and he stood motionless watching as she pulled the arrow out. "Are you ok?" It wasn't a question of if he was hurt physically, she wanted to make sure he wasn't afraid... not that it looked like he was. In fact he never looked afraid of these things.

John stood motionless on the other side of Jessie as she blocked him from one of those perfect companions. She shot her arrow and as always she hit the thing and made it fall to the ground with a large buzzing sound. She walked over cautiously to pick up the arrow then looked back at him, 'Are you ok?' All he did was nod in response and look away. He was following her because he had nothing better to do... not because he needed her help... or even liked her... he just didn't have anything better to do.

She sighed a little, "Good." After placing her bow on her back and the arrow in the loop on her side she took a couple of steps to the side of the building and looked down at the barren street. It didn't seem like many people were living anymore... or they just didn't have the luck to find a still active police/military defensive perimeter. "Lets go, I'm sure we will find someone today." She said trying to be encouraging. She really wanted to see him smile for some reason... it might be because she didn't like anyone to be sad or maybe she was just hoping it would bring her out of this world and into the past... if only for a few minutes.

Jae started to get up as the sound of a Perfect Companion echoed through the room. "Hello?" She wanted to know if that woman from earlier was okay, nevermind the fact she'd told Jae what to do. "Eh, Are you okay?" She said a little louder, taking a step towards the closed door, her gun drawn again.

There was no answer. Lost in her subconscious, Erin was vulnerable, but the most likely problem was gone now. Hopefully the lives she saved would forgive the casualties, and hopefully they didn't know it was her that released the PCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.