Demi University

Max had been watching the whole scene play before her, her brows furrowed in concentration and worry as Eli remained wrapped around her shoulder, his own eyes fixed on Desmond and Kira. There was a dark aura from Desmond at that point and the markings had covered his whole body. She couldn't be completely sure, but there seemed to be...something inside of him...something almost evil. Desmond started towards Kira who remained oblivious to him following her and she didn't have a good feeling about what could happen if he caught up to her. Without thinking, and without heeding Eli's warnings, she slipped out of the shadows and ran swiftly towards Kira. She knew the girl didn't know her very well, but still, she would be damned if she let anything happen to her while she was present.

She grabbed hold of Kira's arm and pulled her swiftly along with her towards the library, her eyes glowing a bright green as the shadows started to wiggle and move about. They covered both Max and Kira, hiding them from sight until they could be somewhere safe if only for a little while. This was one of Max's abilities; manipulation of the shadows and the creatures that hide within them. Once inside the library, Max turned to Kira while keeping her eye out for Desmond, Eli taking flight above the bookshelves to give her eyes in the sky.

"Kira, I know this is sudden...but I think something's wrong," she told the girl, releasing her from her hold, "Desmond...was right behind you and he looked different. I didn't know what was up, but I didn't want to take a chance...I think he's on his way here now."

She turned towards the door, waiting to see if Desmond would show up again with all those markings and his eyes that bright, burning purple. The hair stood up on the back of her neck and she prepared herself for a fight if it came right down to it.

Kira had just been about to turn around at the call of her name when someone suddenly grabbed her arm and pulled her down the correct hall and into the Library. It was that girl, Max, from earlier. "W-what do you mean by different?" she asked, eyes filled with worry. Kilala hadn't moved from on top of her head until then, jumping down to the ground with her fur bristled as if someone has stepped on her tail. Maybe Kira was panicing a bit but it seemed like the kitten had grown a bit larger, like she always did right before- She stepped back from the demi girl and both of the pets, holding her nose tightly, fighting of a sneeze that would send her into blackness.

"Don't panic. Everything will be alright," Max assured her as best she could, putting a comforting hand on the girl's shoulder, "I'm just being cautious...going off of my gut instinct."

She didn't bother to tell Kira that her gut instinct was usually correct; she figured the girl really didn't need that right now. Golden-green eyes looking up at ruby red, Max nodded at Eli to stay alert and ready just in case something happened.

Kira only had enough time to shake roughly shake her head 'no' and take a step back from Max before the sneeze rocked through her, knocking her glasses off and sending them scattering across the floor, under a bookshelf. She blinked once and when her eyes opened they both had streaks of red going through the irises. Scowling, she took in her new surroundings, glaring. "Where the hell am I!?" she demanded of the girl next to her.

"Oh, this is going to be fun. I can already tell," Max mumbled sarcastically to herself, wondering what the hell she just got herself into by trying to prevent what could have possibly been a murder.

She rubbed her temple before looking back at Kira, her eyes glancing around to where her glasses had fallen and taking a small step back for her own protection, "You're in the library. Am I still talking to Kira?"

Satsu's eyes flashed a momentarilly deeper shade of red before cooling back to the same as before. "No!" she shouted, taking a step closer, "I am not bloody Kira! I hate that stupid, littel whining-" She spat on the ground in disgust. People were always comparing them. Why couldn't they get their eyes screwed in straight and see that that weren't the same people already?! "My name is Satsujinsha." Her eyes were closed with her jaw locked in an attempt at control, her voice sounding as if it were ready to bubble up and start yelling again.

'I'm going to let this be a lesson in learning to just let things be,' Max thought to herself as she looked up to her dragon friend, Eli, and called him down from the bookcase.

He soared over to her and landed on her outstretched arm, crawling up to wrap himself comfortably around her shoulder again, his ears still on high alert for Desmond. Max looked at the one called Satsujinsha and took advantage of her closed eyes to dive under the bookcase to retrieve the glasses that fell from Kira's face. She stood again and stuffed them in her pocket for safe keeping.

"Okay, Satsujinsha, sorry for getting you and Kira mixed up...my bad," Max said with a shrug and a grin, "I don't mean to offend. My name is Max...please don't try to kill me."

"Max, this is hardly the time for jokes," Eli reprimanded her.

"I know, but I'm just trying to lighten the mood if I can."

Desmond drew closer to the library, fighting as much as he could. While he seemed to gain some motor control back the harder he fought, he still could not fight it completely. " I'm not going in there! Leave her alone. Leave me alone!" ​" Listen boy, there is no negotiation. If you just give in now this will be much easier. I might even forgive this little rebellion." Desond reached for the door and pushed it open. His eyes where flickering almost as he tried to fight the controlling entity. " Max! Get her out of here. It's no-" "Shut up fool!" "It's not me!" Desmond suddenly dropped to one knee in attempt to control his won body.

Satsu's eyes snapped open at the new voice and sent a glare in the boy's direction. A quick flash of another memory came but was gone before she could comprehend what it was. "What are you doing here?" she sneared at him, not entirely sure why she had phrased it like that. She swiftly took long strides towards him, not sure why she had the feeling that she needed to see him more clearly. It was like there was this itch at the centre of her back where she couldn't reach and just wanted to rip from her skin.

Desmond was confused at the interaction Kira was giving him. It didn't seem like her. " St-stay away!" Desmond stood up and with all his power moved backwards a few steps. "Oh no, I have waited too long for this! KILL HER!" Desmond right hand shot up revealing the flaring symbol. It lit up intensely and it seemed as if it was about to let off a blast of energy. Desmond reacted and shoved his hand down blasting a hole in the floor. A few students, hearing this ran towards the library. They screamed and ran for help. Desmond was knocked back by the blast and crashed into a bookcase, causing books to topple on him. He yelled at impact and sat there dazed. "You simple, ignorant fool! You will not stop me. I will NOT allow it!" "Max....Kira....run."

Satsu took a quick side step from the glowing hand and another one backwards as the blast hit the ground instead of her. The coloring in her eyes grew darker as her anger flarred up again at the attempt to, at the very least, cause her 'harm' in some way. Aside from most people mistaking her as Kira, one of the other things that ticked her off was when someone tried to kill her when she didn't even know the reason for it. Yet. He had done both in less than a fifteen second time space. She came towards him, ignoring the plea to run and grabbed a handful of his hair in one hand, yanking him upwards and took the hand with the purple mark tightly. If he tried to use it again, at least she might be able to feel it first.

Desmond shook as what appeared to be Kira dragged him up and grabbed his arm. "Who are you? What the hell is happening?" " Fucking bitch! Do not let her handle you like this!" Desmond then unwillingly grabbed Satsu by the neck and he tried his best to keep the grip at a minimum. "Agh! Stop it!" "We seem to be at an impass Satsu." The voice spoke through Desmond this time and his eyes peered open at the name. He thought to himself, " That name, she said it earlier, who is that?" Desmond continued to try and release the grip. He stared into the piercing eyes of Satsu.

Satsu's eyes narrowed at the voice and how it made the back of her mind tingle like electricity. A grim smile flickered at the corner of her mouth. "Indeed," she agreed, "for the moment." Her breaths were becoming shallower bit by bit as it became harder to take in the next lungful of air each time. "Tell me," she started casually with a bit of difficulty at keeping her voice even. "Have I killed someone that you used to know before? You seem familiar. Or perhaps it's just your demi aura." Her own hands tightened their grip on his hand and pulled his hair harder. Kilala was growling faintly in the background.

"Let's just say you've done me wrong. A wrong I am planning to make right. You can not simply hope to roam this dreadful realm without paying for your actions." Desmond's grip tightened around her throat and his right hand began to glow his eyes following suit. "Look," Desmond began, "Whatever the hell this quarrel is, can't you leave us humans out of it!" "Boy you haven't been human since I left your mother to enter you. You are a pawn now, you could be more but you refuse to see the power you can posses. Now stay out of my way and this will end shortly. Obey me!" Desmond 's hand began to envelope in a purple aurora and flared a bright purple. It could not pass any further around him due to Satsu's tiight grip.

Satsu forced another raspy breath down into her lungs, still refusing to slacken her grip. Slowly, she started to feel her body droop to the ground to be eye level with the boy whome she refused to look away from. 'Bloody hell....' she thought to herself, feeling the purple energy trying to pass her hand. 'Kilala... Please... Just a little...' It seemed hesitant but in reply a sharp hiss came from the direction of the enlarged feline as her size began to shrink again. Subsequently, Satsu began to feel her temperature increase along her spine as one of her eyes became a blood shot red. "Let. Me. Go," came the low growl from deep in her throat.

Desmond was shocked by what was happening. He had to do something quick. As if by miracle, an specially trained campus officer entered and then stepped back a but in shock. To Desmond's luck, the entity was distracted enough for himself to release the grip and take control of his body for what he hoped enough time. Desmond, now in control, ran from the crowd and into the hallway. He tried to think of anything to escape and the only option he saw was the window." Fuck I am going to regret this!" He ran and jumped from the third story, crashing onto a branch before landing on the ground outside. The entity said nothing and he laid there, scarred and bleeding.

Satsu fell onto her back as soon as the boy had broken free, unsure of what had happened exactly. Her eyes stared unseeingly up at the ceiling as her chest heaved with new found freedom and her mind wandered. Damn, she hated old enemies that she couldn't remember. She raised her fingers to her neck, feeling the slight indentation and knowing that bruises would be blossoming there in no time. Turning her head to the side, it seemed that Kilala had only grown weak instead of passed out as she normally would have. Probably because she didn't use up much of the borrowed energy. She sighed, feeling her inner flames burning out as she layed her forearm over her eyes and drifted off into a sleep without dreams.

Kazray took another inhalation of smoke from his cigarette, blowing it skywards in the shape of a mushroom head. The people here were crazy if they thought that some piece of paper would stop him from braking their rules all the way up until he graduated. "Heh... Yeah, right." The sound of a tree branch smashing from above snapped him out of his criticizing obsessed daze. Whoever it was hit the ground seconds later. Kazray wandered over, standing above the boy for a moment before crouching down in a frog position next to him. "Shite man, you look like hell." He grinned.

Desmond's vision kept going in and out, but he could tell someone was above him. "Ugh, where to hell am I?" He sat up and winced in agony as he felt something had pierced his ribs. He moved his hand to feel a large chunk of glass stuck in his body. He winced once more as he lowered his arm. "Who are you?" He asked as he tried to get a picture on what had happened.

"Kazray," he announced. He stuck out his hand in both a manner of a friendly shake as well as a way to help the injured guy stand up. "You're in a back walkway that leads to the school's inner courtyard from the kitchens. A.k.a. my new favourite place to ditch classes. The last one got found out by some big mouth demi chick earlier this morning." It had been worth it though at the time. Being only the first day, not many girls were expecting someone to peep into the swimming pool changing rooms. He chuckled quietly to himself.