1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
Genres
Fantasy, Modern Fantasy, Horror, Light Romance, Sci-Fi Fantasy, Fandoms (Star Wars, Harry Potter, Marvel/DC)
Interest CheckOOC ♥ In-Character ♦ Sign-ups
divider_by_cryztalstar-d9kcylv.png

Accepted Characters

Pending Characters

Current Events

This roleplay is open and accepting new players.

Last edited:
You've heard of Neverland. Everyone has. The great misadventures of Peter Pan and sweet little Wendy have sparked imagination for movies, books, and much more. Do not mistake it for anything more than fiction, however. It is nothing but a child's dream.
jacksonsneverland.jpg

Just a child's dream...

Lewis Carroll's fantastic story about Alice and her interesting journey into the seemingly childlike fantasy world of Wonderland has affected literature and media alike. Like Neverland, it has been the catalyst for many stories created by children and adults. Who wouldn't want to visit Wonderland? Alas, it is just a story, right?
alice_in_wonderland_concept1.jpg

Right?

Neverworld Accounts

June 16, 1946
Neverwonder Account #1
Dr. Archibald Hensley
~*~

In the aftermath of Second World War, I have encountered quite a strange phenomenon. Just today, there have been at least a dozen new patients with nearly identical diagnoses. Even more peculiar, they all claim to have been "kidnapped" to a place similar to that of the fictional Neverland and Wonderland. As a man of science in both practice and mind, I cannot believe their outlandish stories to be true. However, it does make one wonder how so many people from completely different walks of life encountered the same hellish nightmare. Currently, all of these patients have been diagnosed with schizophrenia. Ten of them have shown symptoms of extreme paranoia. Six seem to be suffering a severe form of post-traumatic stress. The patients are still under close surveillance, as several have resorted to violent acts as a means to cope with what they claim to have experienced. My next report will hopefully yield more helpful information.
October 23, 1946
Neverwonder Account #93
Dr. Jane Worth

~*~
Since Dr. Hensley's first recorded account of the phenomenon informally known as "Neverwonder Paranoia," there has been a 20% increase in the number of schizophrenic patients in the U.S. alone. 60% of these patients claim to have been taken to the so-called "Neverwonder." Never before has such a phenomenon existed--at least, not one that was recorded. Studies show that a majority of these patients exhibit violent behavioral tendencies. The U.S. government has decided to place these patients in top-secret facilities. I, among many other psychologists, neurologists, and other professionals, have been given the grand opportunity to fix this problem. In the meantime, the world is focused on the threat of nuclear war--a beautifully orchestrated concept to keep this problem out of the public eye. In time, I am confident we will make a breakthrough and discover the source of this mental disease. I theorize the cause is a new hallucinogen, though I do not currently have any evidence to support this hypothesis.

February 3, 1979
Neverwonder Account #2108
Dr. John Campbell
~*~

Three hours prior to this report, an estimated one hundred thousand people disappeared from the top-secret facilities dubbed "Neverwonder Institutions." Security has been checked more than thoroughly, and all of my colleagues have reached the same conclusion: these patients have simply vanished. Such a miraculous feat can only be an act of God, and I daresay I will be the first of many to visit my local church to repent of my sin. I do not wish to be the next person to vanish into thin air.
February 3, 1986
Neverwonder Account #2691
Dr. John Campbell
~*~

As a man of the Faith, I cannot help but wonder if this is the prophesied beginning to the end of the world. All one hundred thousand patients that disappeared seven years ago have returned, but they have not returned as one of the living. All these people seem to have been mauled by some sort of animal, though the medical examiners cannot identify it. This can only be the world of the Devil and his demons. I must pray that I am not next on the fallen angel's list.
April 14, 1986
Neverwonder Account #3000
President Ronald Reagan
~*~

I have made a decision that will haunt me for the rest of my days. In an attempt to keep the Neverworld Institutions secret, I ordered that the patients, their doctors, and all non-government personnel involved be executed. Millions will be laid to rest this night, their graves unmarked until the end of time. In the very least, the Neverwonder Paranoia seems to have come to an end. I can only hope that my decision will protect the next generation from the horrors I have witnessed.
January 1, 2016
Neverwonder Account #3001
Dr. Richard Hensley
~*~

Thirty years ago, my father was killed for trying to save people. I could never know who gave the order, though I had my suspicions. It was a war that I would never win, so I instead inspired to be everything he was--perhaps even more. Now, in a time when medical research has advanced tenfold, we are once again at a horrible standstill. Today, an estimated three hundred thousand people disappeared, starting with Alison Jane Bennet. This would not be anything out of the ordinary were it not for the fact that many of them had been in the presence of witnesses. The world has been thrown into chaos, and people are demanding answers. I have dedicated my life to researching this, but I have no answers to give. Perhaps this is our final judgment.
February 15, 2016
Neverwonder Account #3298
Dr. Richard Hensley
~*~

Every day, more and more people return mauled by an unknown animal--or demon. Since the three hundred thousand, only an estimated fifty thousand remain unaccounted for. More than likely, they are still missing. I can only come to the conclusion that the fabled Neverwonder must exist, but it is nothing like the stories told to us as children. Whatever is happening, it is out of our control. People are going to continue to die.
March 1, 2016
Neverwonder Account #3401
Dr. Richard Hensley
~*~

All of the people that originally disappeared January 1 have returned dead. An estimated two hundred have disappeared once again. Thankfully, it is a much smaller amount than before. In fact, compared the world's population, the number is almost negligent. However, the world governments and the media alike are in widespread panic. As the appointed Head of Research, I am morose to say that little progress has been made. This phenomenon simply cannot be explained by our methods. There is something at work here, and I am beginning to agree with Dr. Campbell's account.

Locations
Maps of Neverworld
~{Normal}~
[spoili]
Neverworld_Map_Normal.png

[/spoili]
~{During Solstices}~
[spoili]
Note that location sizes do not change; they merely move around for reasons unknown. I'm not exactly the best artist over here.
Neverworld_Map_Normal.png
[/spoili]

Neverland Territories
Faerie's Hideaway
[spoili]
girl_in_the_forest_4451_1920x1200.jpg

71af9b501331a4b4dd844e223a2f4395-d5c45of.jpg

The northern part of Neverland is where the faeries claim their home. Cynical and distrusting creatures, faeries do not take kindly to outsiders. They can come in all shapes and sizes, as they have the ability to grow and shrink at their will. Their homes are deceptively welcoming. Anyone who tries to enter their lands unannounced will be met with a horrible fate--a fate worse than death.[/spoili]
Wonderland Territories
W.I.P.

NPCs
[spoili]
soldiers%20dress%20alice%20in%20wonderland%20evil%20helmet%20long%20hair%20weapons%20queen%20armor%20shield%20red%20eyes%20red%20dre_www.wall321.com_14.jpg

evil+queen+halloween+makeup+and+hair.jpg

DragonKnight.jpg

Alice_In_Wonderland__Hatter_by_Ninjatic.jpg

7d416d1028afe3bda566eeabb40f81c9.jpg

s144094589190160637_p456_i1_w620.jpeg

tumblr_ni1udwOZds1u3uzjzo1_1280.jpg

8990867c0b3c5b8aca3e8f0d288181f9.jpg

latest

captain_hook_is_a_pirate_by_thedrawingtree-d4wg3sz.jpg

1df38974abe5436eea88e8548493d528.jpg

[/spoili]

Plot
You are one of the unlucky people to disappear from the face of the Earth. You have woken up, dazed and confused, in the world of Neverwonder. Here, the lands of Neverland and Wonderland, among more obscure others, mingle and intertwine. Here, getting home is the least of your worries. Here, your nightmares become real, and your dreams become nonexistent.

And no matter what, you know your fate: in two months' time (maybe even less), you will be killed by whatever demon awaits you. But you won't go down without a fight...

Rules

1. Be respectful to others. It's not rocket science.
2. All Iwaku rules apply.
3. Be detailed with your character sheets. All sections are required.
4. I want at least two well-developed paragraphs with at least ten sentences in total. Tell us what your character is thinking, feeling, etc. Not just what they say/do.
5. Have fun! Seriously, have fun with this!
6. Please, for the love of all things good and pure in this world, keep grammar and spelling mistakes to a minimum. I understand it's impossible to be perfect, but please try to understand the difference between their/there/they're, then/than, etc.
7. THIS IS AN OPEN ROLEPLAY. All sexualities, genders, etc. are WELCOME! However, please realize that, in all actuality, sexualities and genders outside of cis and straight are the minority. It's a simple fact, especially when it comes to genders. If you get mad at me about this, I will show you as many statistics as my rage will allow that prove my point. I, for one, do not like the idea of having two males, three females, five transgenders, six agenders, one bigender, and two who-the-fuck-knows-because-I'm-not-that-educated (I've had this happen, people, believe it or not).
8. Swearing is fine. Send that colorful fucking language at me, as I curse more than a sailor myself, but please know your limits. Even I know when it is and isn't appropriate to use "fuck," especially when it comes to roleplaying. If you're too heavy on the swearing, I will respectfully let you know. :)
9. I spent hours on this concept, as well as the plot I have in mind. Please do not disrespect that by throwing in major plot bunnies that have no place here--UNLESS you've run it by me first, in which case I ask that you let everyone else know the fact in your post to prevent confusion.
10. IMPORTANT I will be posting a GM post every Saturday, unless I have otherwise stated due to real life circumstances or (in my case quite often) lack of mental energy. GM posts will not be my every post, and I will specify when I have posted a GM post. This is to keep the plot moving and alive. Please try to get in at least one post between GM posts so you aren't left behind.
11. If you find yourself unable to commit to this roleplay, even if you haven't finished your character yet, please let me know. I won't judge you or anything, as I completely understand that sometimes you lose interest or don't have the time. I would rather have players who are interested and have the time than players who have neither and don't have the balls to say so.
12. I may not be an adult, but I can tell you that everyone on this site should act like one. We're here to relax and have fun while keeping a professional, lovely atmosphere. By professional, I mean we're not acting like a bunch of whiny brats that never left middle school. If you have a problem with another player, run it by me or get the fuck over it. Your problems will not become a problem for the rest of us.
13. If you are interested in being part of the future plot or playing NPCs/Neverworld characters, PM me. There are limited spots available.

That didn't come off too severe, did it? xD I promise I'm nice and somewhat cool.

Sign-ups are in a separate thread. This thread is for OOC chat only.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mundane Monster
I will have all the information ready for you guys by the end of this week! Thank you for your patience!

Sorry I have to drop out!

• Thank You
Reactions: Rae
@Shayla @JinxMonster @WhisperingWillows @Kythera @Pasiphae @Mysty

Are you guys still in this? No worries if not!

EDIT: Also, I'm afraid I haven't had any time to work on finishing up the information. It will be done for sure by next Saturday. I'm hoping to start shortly after that. If you guys need any immediate information, feel free to ask!

Yes, I'm still in sorry, I died off Iwaku for a bit. ^^ I think I still need to finish my cs though.

I apologize, everyone! I won't be able to start this as soon as I hoped. For now, I'm going to allow it to die. It will be back up again with a better plotline and hopefully a co-GM to help me keep things a-goin! Thank you for your interest!

Status
Not open for further replies.