Deja' vu

Status
Not open for further replies.
To Rufus' surprise Brandon pushed him back down into his seat, getting up and offering him to cook. He frowned a little, watching the other male's back as he started buzzing around the kitchen, almost as though he was living there. Slowly a slight smirk spread across Rufus' lips. Sometimes when Brandon bent down, he got to see a little more than appropriate. Wanting to slap himself for enjoying it, Rufus did little to nothing to avert his gaze. It was just too pleasant a view...

"Can I reverse that question? What do you want? I can eat anything, I'm not picky."

"Oh damn it," he suddenly muttered under his breath, standing and stepping up behind Brandon. Unable to keep himself in control, he wrapped his strong arms around Brandon's waist and pulled him close, pressing up against him.

"You..." he purred, playfully nipping at his ear, "what if I told you I wanted you for dinner?"

Brandon jumped slightly as Rufus's arms wrapped around his waist and pulled their bodies together. He shivered as Rufus whispered in his ear and nipped at it. It would be so easy to let Rufus take him, to allow Rufus to ravage him in places he never beleived possible. Brandon was split. His angels telling him to wait, while the demons that gathered on the left of his brain told him to accept the invitation. Brandon groaned and fell into the demons' trap.
He twisted around and pulled Rufus's lips to his. Brandon definitely wanted this.
"Like I said," Brandon murmured on his ear, "I'm not picky."

Rufus smirked, more than pleased by Brandon's reaction. Anyone else would probably have hit him and called the police for sexual harassment. They were, after all, a little more than strangers at this point. Even if they once upon a time had liked one another, even known each other well... that was long ago. While Jack was a long lost dear friend to Rufus, Brandon was a stranger. Albeit, a stranger he for some reason lusted for more than he perhaps should.

He returned the kiss fiercely, tightening his grip of Brandon slightly... before he realized that the kitchen probably wasn't the best option. Melody would be returning later in the evening, so the kitchen was out of question. He entangled himself from Brandon, grasping his wrist as he pulled him with him in the direction of the bedroom.

"Like I said, I'm not picky."

Rufus smiled pleasantly, shutting the door behind them before turning his stormy gray eyes back to his current subject of affection. "Good..." he purred, sitting Brandon down on the bed.

keep-calm-and-fade-to-black-15.png

"Don't ever leave, please."
"I promise." "I promise I won't leave you. I won't ever let you go again"

Barely ten minutes had passed since Brandon had fallen asleep in his arms when the bell rang. Rufus' eyes sapped open and he could feel a curse escaping him. "Oh shit!" he muttered under his breath, carefully unwinding Brandon from his embrace. He pulled a blanket over his sleeping lover, carefully tucking him in. "I'll be back in a while..." he whispered, giving Brandon's forehead a gentle kiss before quickly grabbing a new pair of boxers, a shirt and his pants. It was not a matter of minutes before he was fully dressed, quickly dashing out into the hallway. The bell rang again, as if to remind him that the person outside was waiting rather impatiently.

Indeed, as he opened the door to reveal Melody and Sonya, the mother of Melody's friend, his little daughter looked rathe irritated.

"Daddy! Why did you take so long?" she complained.

Rufus smiled apologetically, motioning for her to get inside. "I'm sorry, sweetheart. I was...uh...busy..." he redirected his smiled to Sonya, "thank you for bringing her home," he said softly.

Sonya smiled back, giving a slight nod of his head. "Of course. I wouldn't send a young child on the road at this time anyway. See you later, Melody," the woman said softly, waving at the child.

Melody giggled and waved back at her. "Thank you for having me, miss Sonya!"

And already the door was falling shut, leaving Melody alone with Rufus.

"Did you have a good day?" he asked softly as he took her school bag and walked with her to her room. It was rather late, and Melody was to head to bed soon, he decided.

"Uh-huh! It was lots and lots of fun at Hanna's! We were outside and played with our petshops and played tag and climbed trees and then we got dinner and then we watched a film a-and then we..." she suddenly trailed off, frowning a little. "Daddy, you smell funny."

"... I do?" he asked innocently, though his cheeks took n a slight red tinge. "You must be imagining things, love," he said softly, gently ruffling her hair before attempting to switch subject, "come Melody. It's time for bed. Go brush our teeth and change into your pajamas," he said with a yawn.

Brandon slept well, abd ended up having a dream about...
Cupcakes was it?

Brandon wasn't sure what had happened in the dream, but he knew it had something to do with cupcakes.

But his dream wasn't the problem Brandon was focused on at the moment.

Brandon was sore.

He groaned slightly and snuggled into Rufus's chest before shaking him awake softly.
"I-I think I'm going to call in sick today." Brandon murmured, a deep blush spread across his cheeks. Rufus looked sexy in the morning, but it seemed as if he had thrown on clothes sometime in the night. Brandon was still nude beneath the covers but he still snuggled into Rufus's body, smiling softly despite the aching in his lower region.

It was for once not the alarm clock that woke him up, but Brandon's gentle touch as he snuggled into his chest. Rufus eyes fluttered open slightly, a yawn escaping him as he gently caressed Brandon's back. He turned his half lidded gaze down towards Brandon, still pretty much asleep. Never having been much of a morning person, Rufus had a difficult time waking up. While he wasn't exactly grumpy, the first moments when he was stirring he'd usually only be half aware of his surroundings.

"I-I think I'm going to call in sick today."

"Hmm?" he asked blearily, "okay..." he hadn't even really heard what it was Brandon was saying. After a moment of letting reality sink in, he suddenly shot up in a sitting position, turning his gaze towards his alarm clock. It'd go off in five minutes. Cursing the fact that he could still have slept for five more minutes, Rufus turned it off and stretched, yawning. Then he turned his attention back to Brandon. "I mean, it's fine as long as you get everything done in time..." pausing, he smirked and leaned down, gently pressing his lips to Brandon's in a quick but affectionate kiss, before musing, "good morning... is there anything specific you'd like for breakfast? We sort of skipped dinner yesterday, after all..."

"Daddy..."

Rufus froze at the sound of a young female voice, quickly making sure Brandon was still entirely covered before slowly turning his gaze towards the door. Indeed, standing at the entrance was a young little girl in pajamas, with a teddy clutched under her left arm while the other rubbed her tired eye. Her face was burning red.

"Daddy, why is there a stranger in your bed? A-and why...are you smooching a man?" she tilted her head to the side, peering at the two of them curiously.

Brandon forgot that Rufus had allowed him to write where he felt. Brandon blushed as Rufus met his lips with his own.

Brandon had originally wanted to cook dinner for Rufus nd wanted to make breakfast since they skipped dinner, but he was too sore to get up.

"Daddy, why is there a stranger in your bed? A-and why...are you smooching a man?"

Brandon's head snapped to the little girl that stood in the doorway. This is most certainly the wrong time to come in... Brandon thought. When did she get home? He attempted to say something to the girl, but what came out of his mouth was a flurry of incomprehensible babble. Brandon had no experience with children whatsoever. He groaned and looked at Rufus for help.

Rufus opened his mouth to say something.

Then the alarm went off.

"Melody," Rufus said calmly after pulling himself together, "this is Brandon, my new partner. Please treat him kindly, will you?" the tall black haired man didn't know how his daughter would take these news, but he thought it better to be honest about it than lie. Melody wasn't an idiot, after all, and Rufus somehow had the feeling that she, despite her age, would have figured it out either way. The look which now crossed her features was confused, however, and she headed over to Brandon's side of the bed, never once taking her eyes off him.

"Hmmm..." he frown depended, her little lips pushing out in a pout as she almost seemed to be scrutinizing Brandon. Then, after a while, it seemed as though he had come to a conclusion. "So you're daddy's new girlfriend, is that it?" she asked, folding her arms over her chest.

Brandon's eyes widened at the little girl's reply. She was so innocent that she didn't think that two guys could be together. Brandon did't quite know how to approach the situation. As said, he wasn't one to know children very well. Brandon looked at Rufus, then glanced back at the girl a their bedside

"Uhh, W-well, I, err... I-I'm n-not a- you know- girl." He stammered, slightly flustered at the girl's question. He groaned softly and glanced at Rufus, a blush spreading across his cheeks.

"You don't look like one..." Melody agreed, still frowning. She couldn't quite make sense of this. It was weird for her that someone was sharing a bed with her dad in the first place- as far as she knew the only one who had ever done so was her own mother. What made it all even more confusing was the fact that the person indeed did not appear to be female. She'd never heard of two men being partners, and thus found it strange. Not that she minded- she just found it a bit peculiar. It wasn't even really the fact that he was a man that puzzled her, and perhaps even made her a little angry. It was the fact that someone seemed to be taking her mothers place now- and Melody did not like it. Thus she walked back around to her fathers side and climbed onto the bed, sitting herself in Rufus' lap as a sort of 'he's mine' protest.

"Daddy, I need breakfast," Melody stated with a firm nod of her head before gazing up at him, causing Rufus to laugh softly.

"So you do, but daddy can't make breakfast if you're sitting on his lap," Rufus pointed out with a grin.

Now Melody was frowning. She wanted breakfast, but if that meant moving away from Rufus' lap... she was unsure if it'd be worth it. Wearily she shot a suspicious glance in Brandon's direction, pouting her little lips. It wasn't a possibility that if she got up, this 'Brandon' who was not a girl would steal her place on Rufus' lap, right? Right?! Melody tried to convince herself of this before reluctantly standing back up before jumping down from the bed.

"Fiiiiine, now come make breakfast!" she demanded. As if to make it clear that she was indeed very hungry, her stomach growled. She blushed and grasped hold of Rufus' hand, pulling at it until he got up.

"I'll be back in a moment, alright, Brandon?" he asked, tilting his head to the side as he watched his lover, "with breakfast, of course..."

Brandon watched as Rufus exited the room with his daughter. Brandon wasn't sure but... Melody seemed upset that he was there. Brandon sighed and stood up groaning at the ached down below. He shut the door before slipping into another one of Rufus's shirts and rushing down the hallway to grab his clothes from the dryer, making sure Melody wouldn't see him like this, with only her father's shirt on. Once he had grabbed his clothes, Brandon rushed back to the room and began slipping the tight fitting clothes on. He decided to keep Rufus's shirt on despite him having his own now.
He loved wearing Rufus's shirts.

Rufus returned to his bedroom a while later, peeking his head inside to see that Brandon had gotten himself dressed- though he was wearing another one of his shirts. The sight brought a smile to Rufus' lips. He liked seeing him wearing his way too large shirts. It was hot, and made Brandon look adorable. The lovely scent of freshly made bacon and egg wafted through the air, even seeping a little into the bedroom. "Breakfast is ready," he informed, pausing before tilting his head to the side, "do you want to join us at the table or would you rather be served in bed?" in other words, he was asking how badly Brandon was hurting.

Brandon was sitting back in bed when Rufus poped his head back in. Brandon wanted to come out and eat breakfast with them. He stood and began walking towards Rufus, but ended up collapsing from the pain in his lower area. Brandon groaned and shook his head. Rufus had ravaged him more than he had originally thought.
"Sorry, I can't come out like this." Brandon blushed slightly humiliated even though it was just Rufus.

Last edited:
Rufus tilted his head to the side, weighing his options. It looked as though Brandon wanted to join in, but couldn't even manage to walk there. Sure, he could serve brandon in bed but... soon Rufus came with a much better idea. Slowly letting a devious grin cross his face, he stepped over to rufus and gently picked him up- princess style. Then he carried him out into the corridor, until they reached the kitchen, where he carefully set him down on an empty chair.

Melody was watching them wearily. "Daddy's carrying his girlfriend like a princess!" she exclaimed then exclaimed, clapping her hands in a display of amusement. Giggling, she bit into her toast. While she still wasn't sure if she liked Brandon or not, she adored her father... and she liked it when he did amusing things.

Brandon gasped as he was whipped up into Rufus's arms. What was he doing? He carried Brandon into the kitchen and gently set him into an empty and sat down himself as Melody giggled. Brandon blushed at being called a woman again.

"Uhh, Thanks Rufus." He smiled softly at the older male. "I need to get my car later on today, it has all my work items in it... I left it parked at the park." Brandon began eating into the food in front of him, Rufus was actually a good cook which, for some reason, surprised him.

Bandon's mind wandered to Rufus's family. "What will your family think?" He looked down at his lap, what if his family would hate Brandon or what if they turned their backs on Rufus?

He looked at the girl from across the table And what's her thought on me? Does she like me? It doesn't seem like it. Brandon sighed, wasn't he a ray of sunshine this morning, but he just couldn't get all of these things off his mind. He was confused and more than lost when it came to where their relationship would fit into the world. How would the people at Dragonreads react to one of their best editors being in a male relationship? Brandon picked at his food, zoning out into his thoughts.

• Love
Reactions: Gladis
"I need to get my car later on today, it has all my work items in it... I left it parked at the park."

Rufus nodded his head in agreement, sitting down on his usual seat at the far end of the table. "I can go with you, if you like... I just need to drop this little lady off at school- since I promised to do that today," he smiled down at his daughter affectionately, gently ruffling her hair which drew another giggle from her, "and then leave some things at the post office. Ah, I need to go grocery shopping as well," he reminded himself with a small frown.

"Could you do that after school finishes?" Melody requested, tilting her head to the side, "I want to go too!" Rufus laughed softly, contemplating it briefly. "Very well, we'll do it together after school..." he turned to Brandon with a large smile, "want to come too?"

"What will your family think?"

As he was asked this, Rufus' smile faded and he leaned back in his chair, looking momentarily thoughtful. "About the fact that I'm with a guy?" he asked, cocking his head to the side a little, "they'll hate it, probably. They're a bunch of stuck of morons with nothing better to do than telling me what I should or should not do. I honestly don't care what they think. It's not important, so don't dwell on it too much, will you?"

"I won't think on it too much." Even though Brandon said that he'd leaves the thought be, he couldn't get Rufus's family out of his head.

Brandon leaned over and kissed Rufus on the cheek "and yes, I'll go shopping. I need to get groceries for my apartment too." Would he be coming to live with Rufus? Brandon would think that it would depend on Melody. Speaking of whom...

He turned to little Melody.
"Would you mind of I came with you two to drop you off?" Brandon glanced up at the clock. Out was getting close to that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.