"How am I supposed to do that if you've forgotten everything--"

"...Anders. Anders, come here. Now. Come to me." Zayde began, the man having heard the commotion from his office. His first instinct wasn't to check on the crying babies. It was harsh, but he didn't care about them. He didn't even really care about Anders, but he knew the devastation that could be caused if he remembered.

This wasn't supposed to happen, of course. Dax was supposed to be dead. Only magic could have brought him back, magic that Zayde didn't even possess. Why someone decided to intervene like this was beyond him-- and he didn't know who that was either. Not that it mattered right now. He had much more pressing things on his mind.

"Anders, that man is the one who... who wants you dead. Look at him. He's a monster. Come here, the guards are on their way."

"Wants me dead? He...He could have killed me already if he wanted me dead...What's...What's going on Zayde...He...Who is he, and why does it feel like I know him...I'm not confused." Grimaced the rabbit, looking at his husband, unsure of who was telling the truth at the moment.

Zayde wanted to respond. He wanted to grab his husband's hand, murmur a spell into his ear and have him simply lay down somewhere while he got rid of Dax once and for all. But he couldn't do that. As soon as he looked at Dax, he realised that only one person could have possibly brought him back from the dead; only one person in the entire world held that sort of power.

And that realisation petrified him. He was King; he had world domination; he could wield incredible power any time he wanted. Fear wasn't something Zayde was usually struck with-- but an exception could be made this time.

"...Inform the guards to lock the doors," he mumbled to his nearby security guard, literally pushing him out the room to hurry. "We... need to lock the bedroom door, I... she's going to come for me, I know she is. I... I shouldn't have... I thought it was safe, you know? I thought she'd died, I didn't know she was still alive, I just... oh god, she'll kill me--"

"Who's 'she'? I mean, if she wants to kill you, I'm on her side," grunted Dax, even if he was just as confused as everyone else was at that moment. Watching Zayde pace back and for, too scared to even notice him, he took the chance to move closer to Anders again. "...How... far along are you?"

The rabbit had hands on his stomach, feeling it not with anxiety. Looking up at the familiar man, he felt a sudden pang of sadness and guilt. Why did he feel that way looking at him? So instead, he averted his gaze to his stomach. "...Fourteen weeks..." He softly answered before he hurried into his children's nursery, going to calm them down. He didn't know who was coming and why his husband was so afraid, but he knew he had to protect his babies at all cost.

"Papa...Who's this man?" Asked Jax. His babies were all four years old. They were triplets, and all looked like Anders. They all had the white hair and golden eyes. And they were all rabbit hybrids. Anders didn't know if any of them possess their father's magic abilities, but he was sure he'd find out when they were older. "H-Happy birthday Papa!" Jax giggled sweetly as he reached up from his fancy crib and Anders walked over, picking him up.

Dax wasn't entirely sure how to feel at that moment. On one hand, he was absolutely furious; so angry that he just wanted to smash his head against the wall and yell out from the back of his throat. Anders had forgotten him and created children with Zayde. It infuriated him so much that he wanted to just storm out--

But he knew, on the other hand, that Anders didn't voluntarily choose this; he'd been manipulated into this life through magic. Nevertheless, it was upsetting to even glance at the cute children and know that they weren't his, like they ought to be. He and Anders were supposed to be together, to have their first child together. It wasn't supposed to go like this. It... wasn't right.

Zayde needed to die, that much he knew, but he didn't get the chance to do that himself. Outside the room, Zayde's bloodcurdling cry ended in eerie silence, the only sound that arose from it being the click-clacking of heels against the solid floor. The door to the nursery was opened by a woman; a beautiful, strange woman dressed in a black mourning dress. Though, with Zayde dead on the floor behind her, clearly she wasn't to be messed with. Presumably, she was the woman he'd fretted anxiously about before his rather brutal death.

"Oh, aren't you boys adorable together? See, I knew you both should be together again, it's why you're alive, dear. I couldn't leave you underground," she tutted, patting Dax's shoulder briefly before turning to both the men, smiling wide as though they ought to know who she was. With their blank, frightened stares, she sighed heavily in the knowledge they didn't have a clue.

"You know, your great-grandfather was a real shit. He took the throne from my husband and didn't even put our names in the history books? We were just... eliminated from history. Awful, isn't it?" She cryptically began, her red eyes peering about curiously before wiggling her fingers playfully at the triplets, smiling when she got a giggle in return from one of them.

"Now, how about dinner?" She easily continued, turning those bright eyes onto the two men curiously. "This is my castle, after all. I build it with my husband. I'm entitled to enjoy a dinner in the dining room I built-- if you both want to keep me on your good side, you'll accompany me to dinner so I can at least explain and stop all this confusion bubbling away at you both."

1059.jpg

Anders didn't know how he felt. He felt...Heartbroken and angry and confused. Heartbroken because...He knew his husband was dead. Sure Zayde treated him as if he were dirt but...He still loved him. Angry because this woman seemed to know things about him that he didn't know, and so did Dax. And confused because he felt as though he knew Dax, but he didn't. It was only morning and so many things were happening to him. He didn't know what to do. Looking down at his children, he wondered how he was going to carry them all to the dining room. Sure they could walk but...He was afraid of these strangers. They could just snatch them up.

Deciding they would have to walk, he got his children out from the cribs, making sure they all held cribs. "I'll...I'll follow you, but I want answers. Let's go this way to the dining room...I'd prefer if the kids didn't see the mess in the other room. His kids...Didn't even know their father really. They were never around him, so...It wasn't like they'd miss him, but Anders didn't want them seeing a dead body. Heading out a different door, he walked to the dining room, his head spinning.

It was only when the woman was happily seated at the lead chair at the grand dining table with a large glass of fine wine that she began to at least enlighten them a little. She told them the truth - whether they chose to believe it was their problem. About how her husband was nicknamed the 'King of Men', the first dragon in existence, and she was the first witch, and how what started as a fierce war between them ended with them uniting in marriage. About how the country was founded by them; by her husband, how it ought to be his, and how their great-grandfather killed him and stole the throne from under his nose, pretending that he was the country's founder. While he went on to have children and create a dynasty that eventually produced both Dax and Anders, the woman -Morgana- had spent decades searching for where her husband was buried, a fact only Zayde knew. He was the only surviving servant of the boys' great-grandfather, refusing to let the knowledge pass his lips because it would prevent him getting the throne for himself.

Clearly, choosing not to help Morgana and putting himself in the spotlight as King, where she could find him, was the wrong decision. An idiotic decision, even.

"Which is why I'm here. Zayde spilt the information before he died, I've got a few guards heading to fetch my husband for him to be revived by me. I understand this is all a little bewildering, scary even, but you have no need to be frightened. I hate your family with a passion, but you both have potential, and I'm happy to keep you around," the witch smiled, leaning back with a devious glint in her eye. "I need a baby. I want one of you to have one for me. My husband and I want a child, we always have. When he comes back, I want us to have one together-- and one of you lovely boys will have one for us. You can decide amongst yourselves."

She wanted a child? That was all? Well, it was simple, but Anders was already pregnant. So he looked at Dax expectantly of course. He would have to have the child since he wasn't pregnant himself. Bella, his only daughter, looked at the pretty lady from the seat she was sitting in. Her seat had a booster seat of course since she was so tiny.

"You want a baby? My Papa had a baby in his tummy! You can have one of those babies!" Giggled the little girl, her nose twitched adorably.

"She can't have one of those, Bella, that's our siblings." Jax huffed, crossing his arms.

"...Dax?" Anders mumbled, looking up at him. The more he looked at him the more he remembered and the more guilty he felt. Tears rolled down his cheeks as he silently sobbed. "...I'm sorry...I'm..."

Everything Dax had wanted in life was crashing down in front of him. He wanted to be King, and now that was impossible. He wasn't a naive fool; the power the woman had was almost suffocating, and he was smart enough to realise that her husband would be equally as terrifying.

He wanted to be married to Anders and have their first child together, and that hadn't happened either. He'd married someone else and had not just one child, but several with the bastard. He couldn't blame Anders too much, but hell, he was still angry with him, quietly glaring across the table as the other began to tearfully express himself.

"...Oh, so you remember now, do you?" He coldly began, glaring down at his plate while Morgana watched on, in amusement. She brought Dax back for a reason, to have the boys back together. She wasn't lying when she said she found potential in them, after all. She hated their family, but they had abandoned them and dominated the world - she could appreciate that.

"Anders, honestly, I... I was fucking dead. You kinda killed me. Sorry if I harbour a fucking grudge," he muttered, his fists clenched under the table angrily. "I just... I'm not doing what she wants, that's... I just... we're supposed t-to rule, and... and everything we worked for is going down the fucking drain--"

"Oh, this was never really your kingdom, but like I said, I intend to keep you around," the witch drawled, smiling over at the children again. "You both can be Princes, I don't mind that. My husband won't mind either."

Anders was never the one with the panic attacks. It was always Dax, and he was the one to calm him. But suddenly remembering Dax, and everything he did. It would obviously cause great stress on him, and that surely wasn't good for the babies inside of him. But...He no longer wanted them. Hell, he didn't want the ones that were sitting there now.Trembling hard, he looked at the kids he made with Zadye and then to Dax. Everything was so fucked up. "I-I...I..." He couldn't form a sentence at all.

"...P-Papa.." Whispered Dax, looking at him fearfully. "Papa, papa what's wrong?!" Cried the four-year-old. "St-Stop if Papa, you're scaring me."

Reactions: potassiumboron
Dax could quite easily sit back with a scowl and watch Anders fall to pieces in front of him. He had been killed and left to rot underground for six years while Anders not only married, but had children. Now, because of Zayde's egotism and belief he was untouchable, Morgana had been alerted and was here to retrieve her throne with her husband, so he didn't even have his royal status as King anymore. It was all just a mess that he should be entitled to be bitter about--

But he couldn't. He had hurt Anders in the past; abandoned him for five years. Anders had done horrid stuff too, but he had the excuse of being manipulated by a powerful magic-user. Dax didn't have any excuse for having abandoned him in the past, and Anders had forgiven him.

He owed Anders the same unending love and forgiveness.

"...Don't fucking cry," he sighed, moving around to sit beside him and gently took his hand in his own. "Honestly, you... shouldn't cry. I'm here, I forgive you, I... we're still going to have power, just... it's a different sort; more relaxed. I don't... mind. You have children, you...you shouldn't be stressed. I'm not leaving, I'm... fine. I'm fine! I'm kinda excited too. We get to meet the first dragon, it's pretty damn cool, huh?"

Anders moved to sob in his chest, trying to control his spiraling feelings. "...Mmm...I...I need to lay down...I don't feel so good." He whimpered, wiping his face before looking at his kids, feeling guilty for the evil thoughts he just had of them. It wasn't their fault they were born, they were kids. And they were his. "...Papa feels sick. Enzo, Bella, Jax...Why don't you come and take a nap with Papa? That will make me feel better." SMiling weakly he stood up, wiping his face.

"...Morgana...Can we tell you our answer later? I'm tired, and I need some rest. Too much has happened in too little time. I'm barely processing."

"I think I've been very... kind to you boys. I could kill you. You're both Drakons; both related to that utter piece of scum who killed my beloved husband. But I'm keeping you alive, I'm offering you places in my kingdom, I'm giving you the chance to provide an heir for the most powerful man in existence-- so no. You can't leave. And you don't even call me by my title, that's rather rude," she tutted, motioning them to sit down-- only, it practically forced them to, with Dax being shoved to his seat by some invisible external force.

"...Now, do stop all these tears and constant whines. I didn't shed a tear when the love of my life was ripped from me. My husband isn't fond of tears, I recommend you stop them before he comes home."

Grimacing from how cold she was being, he wiped his tears away, grimacing at the woman. "...So...What do you want one of the babies in my stomach or something? What do you want me to sit here for? I...I'm tired okay? My head hurts-" But before he could finish the double doors swung wide open, revealing a more than pissed 'King of Men'. The first dragon known to men. Apollo.

"Thousands of years...That how long I've been dead, Morgana." Hissed the man as he stomped through the castle, angrily knocking over and throwing things. His infamous tantrums. "And you know what I've learned Morgana?! That not one single person has ever learned about me! And that bastard, Dax Drakon is dead! If he were alive I'd kill him!" Hissed the dragon, before walking over to his wife pulling her up roughly for a kiss. Not the most gentle of men, but he loved his wife.0ee6848a9bb8c6d1c74cee3fb125a339.jpg

It had been centuries upon centuries since she last saw her husband. She'd worn a mourning dress all that time, as had been traditional all those years ago. Widows who lost their husband not only dressed in black for the remainder of their lives, however long that was, but were also expected to remain without another lover. It was a different time with different expectations, but one that Morgana had clearly upheld.

Besides, she knew she could revive her husband. She just needed to know where his body was first.

Touching her now bruised lips in delight, she motioned her husband to sit down at the table they had once designed and built together, all those years ago when they had founded the land after a bitter war. The man was downright dangerous, unhinged, evil... and she was basically the female equivalent.

"Now, this is Dax and Anders Drakon-- but we aren't killing them. They've done an amazing job, dear. They own the world. I like them a lot. And one of them is going to have a baby for us, isn't that perfect~?" She smiled, pouring a glass of wine out for her husband happily. In many ways, she liked Dax and Anders because they reminded her of her and Apollo; they'd once had their eyes set on the world too. They were just a little more... chaotic.

"I wouldn't want to take one of your babies from you, gosh no. My husband and I want a child with our genes-- and really, do show me some respect. I've been so kind to you."

"...The world? Now how did some rabbit hybrid and this damn Drakon who is named after that stupid idiot do it, huh? The both look weak as hell...And which one of you are having the baby? I'd like to have them soon, like...Like in a few months...So I guess that leaves the bastard who's named after the other bastard." Grumbled the dragon, looking at the two, grimacing a bit.

"...I may be a rabbit hybrid, but I am the one who took over the world. I just used other people's strength against themselves, and they'd crumble on their own. It wasn't as hard as everyone made it seem. I never wanted to be King though. Dax did...He was the one getting dirt on other royals and charming them. So...We made a good team." Mumbled the rabbit, remembering everything they did.

Silently glancing towards Anders, Dax found his smile pulling at his lips. They had clearly pulled off something miraculous together, and he didn't really want to give it all up-- but he knew better than to even challenge the couple at the head of the table. Apollo was ridiculously powerful, and Morgana seemed to match that. They were almost scary together, so he was perfectly fine not risking anything by challenging them. He would have tried something years ago, plotted to get the throne back... but he couldn't do that now.

Not now Anders had children; lives who were dependent on him. Dax wasn't at all prepared to risk his life and lose Anders a second time, or have him die and leave his kids without a parent. It was... too reckless.

"I'm not having your fuckin child," he grunted after a moment, arms folded over his chest. "I... I won't do that. And Anders clearly isn't in the right sta--"

"Oh, him already being pregnant isn't going to be a problem. My baby will grow quickly. How long have you got left, dear? Six months? That's plenty of time," the witch beamed, glancing to her husband. "Get out of those dreadful muddy clothes, would you? You'll probably need to make a statement to the kingdom, and I don't want you looking like that. You need to look fearsome; intimidating. Go sort yourself out. I'll take lovely Anders and get this baby situation sorted out."

Apollo was staring at Dax, his glare narrowing a bit. Pulling out his old rusted sword, he held it in the light looking at it sadly. "You see this? I made this with my bare hands. Made this from the spine of a giant. Giant's are all dead now, I killed the last one. I planned to plunge this into your great grandfather's head. Damn bastard, I can't stand him for what's he's done." Growled the man as he stood up, going to go get changed since his wife asked him to. "I'll change. I want the world to know that I'm back and that I'll kill anyone who has a problem with me in charge." Grabbing his wife's chin, he pulled her into another rough kiss, before heading off to get a bath and changed.

"....Is he always so rough with you?" Asked Anders, grimacing from the way he just pulled Morgana into a kiss. He didn't understand that was how Apollo showed his affection. It just looked...Like it would be a bit painful.

Holding her bloody lip quietly, she chuckled to herself at the question. To any outsider, she assumed it looked like her husband was far too rough on her. They had no idea that she'd once broken three of his ribs during sex, after all.

"You don't need to put your nose into my marriage, we're perfect. I adore him, he can be as rough as he desires. You've been the King, haven't you? I'm sure that makes you think you're entitled to ask questions-- but you're nothing anymore. You're only alive because I quite like you. Doesn't mean you can ask me questions so personal, darling," she tutted, moving to pat one of the children's heads again, smiling more at how adorable they were.

"That was the only thing missing from our marriage. A child. I couldn't give him one. It was awful, but... well, that's where you boys come in handy, isn't it?" She continued, rubbing her hands together to create a few sparks, just to warm her magic up. "Who's going through with this, then? Bear in mind that whoever does help me out will be my favourite. Who wants to be on my good side~?"

"I... Anders, I love you," smiled Dax quickly, leaning to pull the boy close. "I just... if you do this, I... I promise, I'll... we'll work something out. We've taken the whole world on, right? We can... we can do this."

Looking up at his true love, he held him close, before nodding. He...He could do it. Hell, bunnies were known for having babies, so he could have more. Looking over at her, he nodded. "...I'll do it. But...It won't affect the ones in my stomach, right? I...I don't want to lose any." He grimaced, thinking back to the time he'd miscarried before. It was a terrible time, it happened when his triplets were a year old. He had no idea that Zayde made him miscarry. Zayde didn't want any more kids. It wasn't like he was in the triplets life though.