"I haven't planned anything. I just wanted to see if you were willing to do what I asked you to. We don't have to invite them, I never want to see them again until they cause trouble I can't overlook. I'm just... I'm bored, Anders. This world domination thing is taking too slow-- and I don't want people to love me. I'm appreciative of how you built me up to be admired and respected, but I never wanted that. I don't want kids looking up to me, wanting to be like me. I don't. I want to... be feared. I want kids to be scared of me, to have stories written about me that are passed on to create nightmares, you know? We... don't have the same vision, Anders." He shrugged quietly, biting hard on his lip as he finally broke the stern exterior to eye his brother, even if he was hardly embracing him with passionate affection either.

"We have different ideas and I'm not entirely sure I can allow you to plan things for me given your ideal future isn't the same as mine."

"...Feared? That cliche...They'll write you down in history as some kind of monster, how...How could you be okay with that? Being loved is better. No one will try to kill you, everyone will admire you, you'd be the best thing in the entire world! Why would you throw away all of my hard work? I...I worked my ass off to get you to this point!" He snapped, getting off his lap, looking at him completely heartbroken and shattered. This isn't supposed to happen. This wasn't the dream he had in mind for Dax. Dax was supposed to be a hero. Not some stupid feared man who everyone would hate, and why would he want to throw all of that away?

"...Where is this coming from? Why are you thinking like this? Just yesterday you were happy with everything we've done and now you're bored? How can you be bored, we've yet to take everything that we should have."

"I wasn't happy; I was going along with it because you seemed to know what you were doing and I trusted you. Now I realise our visions are... different. So you're no longer required. I'm King. You're not. You're just some little adviser, and I love you, I do, but this business is brutal. It's cutthroat. You've run your course and we've hit a block in the road. You want me to be some worshipped King. I'd rather be feared and all-powerful. See the problem?" He sighed, resting his head on his hand while rubbing his temples, before pulling back and motioning the carriage to come to a stop.

"I'd like you to leave now, Anders. I appreciate your help, you've been amazing, but you've run out of uses for me now and I think I can continue on the path of domination without you," he smiled, completely unemotionally as he adjusted his smart tie, a callous glint behind his eyes. "I heard Dad and Mom are in Kehsia. Maybe you could meet up with them?"

Leave? What...Did he mean by leave? Anders stared at him, his mouth parted. He felt as though he couldn't breathe. Like the time he tried to climb up the tree as high as Dax could. But he ended up falling from fifteen feet in the air, and all the air left his lungs. This was the same feeling he had right now. Dax...Dax wanted him to leave? But he loved him, didn't he? "...Love, what...Why do you want me to leave? We...We're a team, and...We're going to get married, you...You said you wanted to be with me, make me your Queen." He whispered before moving to take his hands as he trembled, tears running down his face.

"Please...Please stop talking like that...That...That isn't a funny joke, it hurts." He whispered looking down at his lap. "Let's just go home..." Da was treating him like nothing, acting as though...He only used him. Dax would never use him, would he? No...No of course not. Dax loved him.

"Some things are more important than love, Anders. That's where Dad fell down. He was doing great as King. He dreamt too small, but he was running Valien decently. And then he fell in love and look where it got him! I... I only worked this out last night, Anders, it's not like I've strung you along. I love you, but I won't marry or start some disgusting family with you. I don't care about that. If you love me, you'll let me do this," he nodded firmly, opening the carriage door for him with a faint shrug. "I need to do the rest of this by myself. Don't get in my way. I won't be so nice if you try and get in my way in the future."

Anders stared at him, unable to comprehend anything. His world literally just shattered. And within a second, his sword was right next to Dax's face as he stared at him angrily. "How...How fucking dare you. I made you and you aren't going to just cast me aside like I'm nothing. I will fucking destroy you, and everything you are." He evilly whispered.

"If you think you even have the brains to fucking rule or do even have the things I did, then you're wrong. And I will take you down. If you're not with me, fine, but know you are against me." He pulled his sword away, cutting the side of Dax's face. It was a small cut and it wouldn't scar. But still, it was obvious he meant to hurt him.

"Your plans were ridiculous. World domination is fine, I like that, but being loved? Being the hero; the saviour? Boring. Utterly tedious. I was so disappointed in you when I learnt that was how you wanted us to go-- and sweetheart, you have brains. I'm not doubting that-- but you're not me. I'm charming. I'm handsome. You're... a rabbit. You are never going to be respected," he grunted, absently touching the blood running down his face, albeit with a wide grin on his face. It was hard to pretend he didn't find Anders incredibly attractive right now. He loved him deeply; the boy was the love of his life. He just wanted power and domination his way, not Anders' way.

But the rabbit was making it difficult for him to stay strong when he was this attractive right now.

"...I'm sure you'll end up killing me one day, or at least ripping the world from my hands. I don't expect to win, you were always the smart one."

"Then why go against me?! If you don't think you'll win why go against me?! And sure, I may be a rabbit, but I'll get respect, I'll show everyone what the hell I'm capable of. I know I can be just as great- no even greater than you! I am magnificent. So fuck you. Fuck you, Dax. Now, are you going to work with me now? Or are you just going to leave me? If you eave me, I will snatch everything from you, and I will make you suffer." His the heartbroken rabbit.

"...I just want to do things my way. Just once. Do you know how... useless I feel sometimes, Anders? You make the plans, you do everything. I try to get involved and you tell me that I'm best not messing things up, that you can handle it. Is it any surprise I snapped? I just want to feel useful-- because I am useful. I'm not some accessory for you to use, I can do stuff too," he mumbled, frowning more by the second. He wasn't one to show his vulnerable side too often, even with Anders, but honesty seemed appropriate right now-- even if he felt weak by admitting it all.

"It fucking irritates me that I have to be held up as some hero when I don't want that-- but you never fucking ask me what I want. It's all your vision, your desires and wants and I just have to follow like some obedient little puppy. Just once it'd be nice to be asked by you what I want."

Staring at his sad little dragon, the anger that was boiling inside simmered down. Shutting the carriage door that Dax opened, he moved to sit back on his lap, pulling him into an obviously needed hug. "What do you want, babe?" He asked stroking his hair down. "...I mean it...I'll...I'll start asking what it is you want. I'm sorry I just...I got so caught up in it. I thought this was all that you wanted. I just wanted everyone to remember you as this amazing hero. I...I wanted everyone to look at you the way I see you because to me Dax you are my hero. You are that great amazing King, and I wanted to share that with the world. I'm sorry for not...Asking you what you truly wanted." Apologized the bunny.

"I just want you to include me is all. I feel like you have all these plans you're not telling me about and I just want to be informed. You spring things on me with an hour's notice, stuff I don't even know about. You love the feeling of... being that guy behind the scene, but you don't realise that I hate not being informed and helping and being useful and-- I don't know. This isn't fun for me anymore. I don't... know if I want to do this," he grimaced, slumping in his seat with genuine conflict on his features. He often got into this state of doubt, doubting if he was doing the right thing, but he'd never doubted being King until now.

"Perhaps we should... give Dad back the throne and go home a-and...give up?"

"....Baby you...You've come so close...We...We almost had it all, you...You really want to give it up?" He asked, cupping his cheeks with a grimace. "...If it's what you want, if you truly want to give it up, we can do that. We can go an travel the world like you wanted, and just do what you want." He promised and leaned in so their foreheads were touching. "This is all up to you. If you wanna give it up, I'll give it up too. You...You've already made history."

"I haven't, that's the point. I haven't made any history. It's all you. Don't you see that I'm a fraud? I've contributed nothing to any of this. It's not mine; it's all yours. It's... not my world to rule. None of this domination is mine. I... I can't pretend to be happy when I've earned none of this. It's not even how I want t-to rule! I hate people clapping for me and pretend I'm some loving King-- I hate that. You don't-- you should be King, r-really. I can't do this," he began in a fluster, pressing his fists into his eyes as he burgeoned on the edge of a full on panic attack, breathing faster in an effort to collect himself.

"Y-You take over from me. I... I need to just... retire into the background, I... this isn't anything to do with me. You've ruined this for me with your controlling behaviour and your secret little plans and possessiveness a-and... and it's ruined. It's not mine. It's all yours."

Is everything good with An Addicting Affair?

"Baby you helped plenty! You've got the dirt on all the royals, not me. You were the charming one who won them all over, you are the strong one, and you are the one who came up with some great ideas! You put just as much work in this baby! I...I'm sorry if you think I've been controlling you, I'll stop, okay? Don't...Don't get all down in the dumps...I love you, and I don't want you all upset. You're all I have. I...I won't be King. I can't be King, love...Listen, you can retire. We can go somewhere together~ Just me and you." He promised, trying to calm the dragon down. He was having such a bad panic attack, and it was worrying.

"I... can't-- you can't-- this is yours, you have to be King. I'm not up to it, I'm dreadful, I've done nothing and it's all you and you want this so badly a-and... it's not my vision. It's not... my future. It's not how I wanted things to go, a-and that's fine, it's fine! Because it's perfect for... for you," the older teenager laughed, even if it was weak and nothing like how Dax had been for the 18 years of his life. He was always serious and unemotional, with a bundle of attitude ready to be unleashed. He never got like this; all stressed out and on the verge of tears. He was so close to world domination, of controlling everything, but he hated it. People loved him. They clapped for him, respected him, worshipped him.

It just wasn't what he wanted. He wanted to be feared; not adored. This was Anders' vision, whether he wanted to admit it or not. He couldn't finish the project knowing this wasn't the world he wanted to reign over.

"You'll be a... a superb King," he beamed, even if his breath was still rapid and unstable. "And... A-And I could... t-travel or... or just... do something else w-with my life. Something... different. Something I have c-control over!"

"...So you'd leave me behind?" He whispered, looking at him as he got off his lap to sit opposite of him. "...You'd just leave me, Dax?...Do you even love me because this is your second time bringing it up!" He snapped, tears in his own eyes before he kicked the carriage door back open. "Then leave, g-go fucking travel or whatever! If you really don't give a fuck about me, then leave!" He cried. He hated this, Dax was trying so hard to just...Be on his own, and it was hurting him like hell. Andy was madly in love with Dax, but...It seemed Dax didn't feel the same.

It was hard to believe that Dax was willing to give it all up. He was King of so many countries; he as adored and, while he didn't see it, he was feared too, just like he wanted. He was the face of authority; the face people associated with power and authority. He was the best King there'd been... and yet one panic attack led to him awkwardly getting shoved out of the carriage and watching his brother -and the love of his life- leave without him. He regretted it the instant the carriage left. He didn't want to be alone. H wanted world domination; he wanted to be King of everywhere, feared and worshipped. He wanted Anders at his side.

And now that wasn't going to happen. Anders was going to do it by himself, carry on where Dax left off.

And Dax wasn't entirely sure what was left for him to do. He couldn't just blend into society. He hated everyone; he didn't want normality. He wanted to be the King-- and he wasn't going to have that now.

Anders couldn't believe that Dax really left him. Like...He seriously left him. He thought Dax would just stay on the carriage, say he wanted to be with him, but he got out the carriage so easily. When he left, Anders cried. He couldn't believe this. The only and only ma he'd ever loved just left him, and...And he didn't even think about it.

Anders knew he'd have to toughen up. He had countries to take care of. Sure he knew he could do it but...he didn't want to do it without Dax. Dax was his soulmate. His other half. But his other half just left him. And that made Anders cold. For the next five years, Anders ruled, and he ruled alone. He ruled ruthlessly, perfectly, and he ruled the entire planet. He was loved, as well as feared. Yes, the little rabbit was feared, mainly because he wasn't some little rabbit anymore. He hit a growth spurt when he turned eighteen and shot up to sixth foot. Most bunnies never get past 5'5". But he was half dragon, so some height could be expected.

Many spoke of Anders how they spoke of Dax. He was great, he united everyone, but he didn't take any crap. Many cities had a curfew. Everyone had to be in their house at a certain time of the day. There was a limit of things people could have, and one who wasn't a soldier was allowed to have any weapons. Crimes went down. Employment went up. He was a wonderful King, and that was only at twenty-two. Of course, people asked when he'd marry and have kids, but he brushed all that off. He no longer cared for love. Dax hurt him, and he never wanted anyone to be able to hurt him like that again.

0687c3110c0102bf646197f799fcdd88.jpg

Anders had filled the role of King superbly; it was almost as though Dax's reign had just been papered over and consigned to the history books. Nobody mentioned Dax's name, nobody seemed to recollect the time when he'd been the ruthless man in charge. It was almost as though he hadn't existed because, in five years, nobody had even seen or heard from the former King. In every corner of the land, there was no mention of a potential sighting, or even a whisper.

Of course, rumours swirled for that first month where Anders took charge and people were getting used to it. Many assumed that Dax had disappeared and died. The man had been King; people would know what he looked like and would, inevitably, be on the look out for him, but there had been nothing at all. Thus, rumours started of his death, fizzled out and, after that, he wasn't mentioned at all.

Until now. As the curfew kicked in and everyone headed into their homes to avoid breaking the law, knowing how strict the punishment was, the procedures in the castle for the King's grand dinner were underway. Like every night, the lead butler headed to Anders' room to inform him that dinner was ready-- except, as he entered the room that night, the butler had a look of sheer panic on his face. He was usually stoic, hard to break, but he was clearly in a state of absolute frenzy.

The fact blood splattered over his usually pristine clothes spoke to how severe the situation was-- as did the screams and smashes from downstairs.

"S-Sire-- there's-- a-attack-- man, w-with a sword, but not... not a-a... soldier-- blood... everywhere..."

Anders grabbed his sword and went to the scene. Anders was an excellent swordsman, the best actually. He was still quick, and precise, just as he'd always been. And he wasted no time getting to the scene, and holding his sword up, glaring at the intruder. "You've got some nerve breaking into my castle." Hissed the man with a now deep voice of his. He was an adult now.

Expertly holding his sword, he glared at him, obviously annoyed his dinner would be delayed because of this. Anders liked to have everything as planned, just like always. He didn't like anything popping up and ruining his schedule. And now, he'd be late for dinner, which meant late to his bath, and late to go to sleep, all because of this stupid stranger.