Only Anders could really understand Dax's motivations, and thus, only Anders could resolve his doubts. It had been that way since they were children. When Dax fell over and hurt himself, it wasn't his mother or father that could tend to him best; it was his little brother. Anders always knew how to handle him, what to say to make him feel better. That hadn't changed. He was 18, with almost total control of the world, but he still had those moments where doubt threatened to take hold. Luckily, Anders was there to pick him right back up again.

"...Sure, you're right. Course I can do this. After this, we go and have sex, though. We've fucking waited ages. I'll rush through this speech, wait until the applause has stopped, and then we go and relax. It took ages to get here, we deserve some time to ourselves."

"Of course." Anders giggled as he watched his boyfriend take the stage and give the speech. Later that night they were in the inn, cheering to each other. Clanking their glasses together, they began to down the drink, laughing happily. Todd stood there, watching the drunken couple give each other kisses and giggles. Anders glanced up at their new personal assistant. "...Hmm, Todd do you like watching men kiss?"

"Wh-What? I...If I'm bo-bothering you two I could-"

"I didn't ask that. I asked do you enjoy watching us kiss." The rabbit once again asked, arching a brow.

Todd didn't know if there was a right or wrong answer. He didn't want to upset them, because if he did, then he'd die of course. "....Yes." He answered his voice nearly a squeak.

Andy laughed and scrunched his nose. "What a perv~ Ew, he likes watching us kiss babe~"

Silently glancing up from his boyfriend to inspect the fox hybrid nearby, Dax cocked his brow in genuine amusement at the sight. He wasn't quite sure why, but he rather liked the other teenager. He was awkward and shy, but he could stand there watching them kiss without realising how rude it was. Other servants could get killed for doing much less, but he was quite happy to let Todd keep his life-- and the fact Anders just laughed, rather than get genuinely angry, showed that he felt the same too.

"You need a boyfriend. It's the best. Then again, I loved my brother since he was born, so that kind of love is perhaps difficult to find," he drawled, easing back with his glare set intensely on him. "Have you ever had a kiss before, fox boy?"

The glare on him, made his tail go between his legs again as he lowered his head to the ground. Maybe he was being rude? He didn't know what to do! He wasn't taught proper manners like all their other servants. Their servants knew how to act in the face of royalty. However, Todd lived his entire life in the slums. He was homeless, didn't have a family and had to pickpocket for many, or steal food. "...No, I've never kissed before." He mumbled, wondering if the two were teasing him.

"Aww...How sad. You're what? Sixteen and you've never kissed anyone?" The rabbit began as he nuzzled into Dax happily, watching the little fox boy amused.

"...Well, your majesties, I never really worried 'bout kissin'. I was more worried about ma next meal."

"How sad...Dax kiss him." Smirked the rabbit, looking up at his lover. "Shouldn't he have his first kiss? And to have your first kiss from the most powerful man in the world, that would be amazing~" Now it was obvious Anders was fond of the fox boy even if he teased him. He never shared Dax with anyone. If anyone looked at Dax too long, he'd have their eyes removed. Dax was his, but this fox boy was interesting.

If Anders told him to kill himself, he would do that without hesitation. However, being told to kiss someone else would usually be the one thing he would refuse to do. However, he found himself genuinely considering it as he glanced to the fox and smiled slowly the more he decided he liked the idea. He didn't know what it was about this poor fox hybrid that made him like him so much. He'd tried to thieve from them, he was responsible for them having walked into town, and he was hardly a perfect assistant... but there was something about him that Dax and Anders both seemed to like.

"I could kiss you, of course I could. I'm a great kisser, and if Anders says I should, I'm fine with it," the King yawned, gesturing the younger teenager forward before cupping his face gently in his hand. "...You sure I should do this, Anders? I won't if you don't want me to."

"I want you to. Don't you feel bad for him?" He pouted, moving to play with the fox's ear. "He's never been kissed, and he's had such a hard life. You should make it better by giving him a kiss~" Cooed the rabbit, moving to nuzzle into him again.

"W-Wait your majesties, i-is this a joke?" He asked, now sure they were teasing him. Why would he kiss him otherwise? It was maddening, but he didn't want to upset them.

"No, it's not a joke silly~ Boy you foxes are so dumb, it's adorable~"

Casting the fox a final glance, just to make sure he could go through with kissing him, he decided to throw caution to the wind and just do it. The only person he'd ever kissed in his life properly was Anders, and he never thought that it would change. He wanted Anders to be his one and only in everything-- but the kiss with Todd wasn't as bad as he thought it would be. It was nice, actually, meaning he could break away from it with a smile on his face.

"Now, don't go telling people I gave you your first kiss. They might think I like you. Anders is the only person I like, so you keep your lips zipped shut about what we just did," he drawled, reaching to retrieve his cold beer. "Come and sit down with us, we like talking to you. You're very amusing."

Todd's face was completely red as he followed the two sit and talk. Andy couldn't help but laugh at his face. "Dax, look at how red he is! What an adorable little fox he is. He makes a good pet, don't you think?" He asked as he sat down on the couch, moving to grab one of the cookies they had on a tray.

"P-Pet? S-Sire...I'm not a-"

"Shush, little Todd. Anyway, you are so amusing. Look at how dirty your clothes on. You're going to need some new clothes. And a bath, you smell, little fox. If you're going to be living in the castle, you need to be a good and clean boy."

"Oh, I've always wanted a little pet. Dad never let us have one because Mom always had allergies to animals-- and while he's hardly the sort of pet I imagined, he'll do. He far succeeds expectations, don't you think?" Gushed Dax, biting on his lip as he unsubtly eyed the fox up again, before laughing and pressing his lips to Anders' ear.

"...What are you planning in that had of yours? What's the purpose of having me kiss him? You've got something planned, don't you?"

"What ever do you mean?" He asked innocently, but of course, he had something planned. But for once, he wasn't letting Dax in on the plan. He'd simply surprise him. "Todd, why don't you go wash up. You smell like a puppy. That's not a good thing." He giggled lightly.

Todd's face flushed with embarrassment before he hurried out the room and hurried to the bathroom to wash up. Anders watched, before looking at Dax. Sitting on his lap, he pulled his collar close to kiss him happily. "You like him, don't you?" He whispered.

"Nuh-uh, I'm not answering that. I'm not dumb. And you can't... keep this a secret from me. I want to know why this kid is being brought in to our inner circle like this; getting kissed by me. What's important about him? Do you like him?" He challenged quietly, his lips pursed as he silently awaited the answer. He wasn't quite sure he liked the thought of Anders liking someone else in any way, even as a friend. He wanted to be the only person in his life he held any positive feelings for.

"...What if I go and kill him right now? Would you try to stop me?"

"Of course not. I don't like him, I like him as a pet. And I felt pity for him, he never had a kiss. And what's better than being kissed by a King? I don't like him, baby, you're my only love~" He cooed as he kissed along his neck. Small warm fingers went under his shirt to feel the washboard abs. His little cotton tail wiggled in pleasure as he pulled away to look in his eyes.

"...I don't believe you," he suddenly muttered, rather sharply in fact as he pushed his hands away. They ever bickered or fought, but he knew Anders more than he knew himself these days. He knew he had a plan bubbling away in his mind for Todd, that he had brought him in for a reason, and the fact he was pretending he didn't was infuriating.

"You have something planned and... the fact you're choosing to plead ignorance is insulting. Maybe I will kill him and ruin whatever little plan you had worked out for him. Maybe I'll... start planning things by myself and freezing you out, how about that? I'll have my own secrets."

"...You can't do that hon. I...Why are you acting like this?" He asked, grimacing at the pushing. "Okay, listen, I was just going to tease him, that's all. Just mess with him, why...Why are you being so mean t-to me." Slowly tears welled in his eyes as he got off his lap. Just the way Dax was talking made him want to cry. If Dax was to freeze him how...Anders wouldn't know what to do. He adored Dax more than life itself. He couldn't live without him.

"You're such a liar. You think I'm going to fall for those tears? I know you, don't forget that. I'm not falling for crocodile tears. Until you want to tell me the truth, I'm sleeping alone-- why don't you go fuck that fox hybrid? You made me kiss him. Why don't you have sex with him? I don't mind," he shrugged, though, with his clenched fists and angry scowls, he clearly detested the idea of such a thing happening.

"I'm going to bed," he declared after a moment, downing his beer in one go. "Don't head after me, I want to be alone. I'm disappointed with you, Anders. Don't forget, I'm the one who fucking put the idea of ruling in your head when we were kids. You were quite happy to just toddle about with the others; I'm the one who opened your mind up to this. Don't you fucking disrespect me, little brother."

Tears burst through like a dam, spilling down Anders' face. The rabbit never felt so lonely than he had in that moment. The muscles of his chin trembled like a small child, and he looked toward the window as if the moon would soothe him. Dax...Dax was angry with him, and he didn't understand why. He didn't like the fox sexually or romantically, that was the gospel truth. But Dax was still upset with him, and he didn't understand.

Dax was his everything. He was his purpose in life. He did everything in his power to get Dax to the point he is in life now. He did that all for his Dax and...And if Dax was to discard him like he meant nothing...That would break him. The next morning they were back in the carriage on their way home. Anders was looking at his lap, fiddling with the hem of his shirt, waiting for Dax to say...something to him. When he didn't Andy finally looked up. "...I fired Todd..." He mumbled, studying his face, wondering what he was thinking.

For a long time, Dax didn't respond; he simply stared out his window at the land passing by, his hands rigidly set on his lap. He wasn't quite sure how to respond to the news, but it did disappoint him. He found Todd interesting and he would have liked him to stick around, but it was clearly too late for that now. Though, he could get Todd out of his head in seconds - the boy was a poor servant. He meant very little in the grand scheme of things.

When he did speak, though, it had nothing to do with Todd. His golden eyes met his brother's calmly, waiting a moment before speaking.

"I want you to invite Dad and Mom to the castle for dinner tonight," he said slowly, his eyes narrowed to wait for the reaction. Anders was the one who made the plans; Dax didn't. For him to have planned something was... rare. "I... want to escalate things. Do things my way for a change. I appreciate everything you've done for me, Anders, but I think I'm capable of doing something drastic without your help."

"...We're a team. We...We do everything together." He mumbled looking down at his lap frightened. What was Dax planning to do? And why was he treating him this way? "...I'll invite them okay? Can...Can you stop acting like this...It's hurting me." He whimpered, before moving to cuddling with him, burying his face in his arm. "...You still love me, right? I love you. More than anything in this world."

"...Mom's been spreading rumours about me. A colleague of ours in Kehsia overheard her talking negatively about me and I can't have that. I simply want to hold dinner with them and assure them I'm everything they say I am-- and worse. They just can't gossip about it or I'll... have to shut them up. I'm disappointed you failed to bring this to my attention first, but you're a rabbit hybrid. You get distracted easily," he grumbled, glancing back out of the window with a slow, deliberate sigh.

"I want them dead, Anders. I think it's easier if they're dead, don't you? We won't have to worry about them planning little revolts against us. I've had a special poison made to slip into their drinks tonight. Totally undetectable. It's odourless, colourless. Perfect, yes?" He smiled slowly, waiting for the other's reaction. Did he have such a plan? Not at all. He could kill them -and he had considered it- but he'd never plan something of that magnitude without Anders. He just wanted to see if they were on the same wavelength; if they really were partners, or if they desired to deal with issues in different ways.

If Anders hesitated and disagreed with his hypothetical question, then he'd have issues. Of course he would.

"....Like I said, we don't have a family anymore Dax. And I didn't know she was spreading rumors, don't make me feel stupid." He mumbled, his ears flat on his head. Cuddling with him, he moved to sit on his lap, trying hard to get some loving and affection. "...I'll do whatever you want, okay? But...When did you plan this? You didn't talk to me at all. I...I feel left out. We're a team, we're family. We work together, don't we?"