• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"I'm stupid? I think you're stupid, actually. If you were smart, you'd realise that just because your species is considered superior doesn't mean my species are any less smarter. Don't you realise there's no correlation? Or do you not know what that word means, smarty pants?" Hope suddenly began, unable to really stop herself from turning on the child. She could take and accept her species being ridiculed by the King, who could kill her in seconds if he so wished, but she wasn't going to accept this from a spoilt brat with no respect. She'd taken so much shit from people her whole life, and she wasn't going to start accepting it from a kid. No way was that happening.

"Pretty rude, aren't you? For a Prince and all. I thought Princes had manners. Your brother has manners. He's a real adorable kid," smiled the bunny towards Felix, ruffling his hair before glaring back at the elder Prince. "You're annoying and I'm not making you tea. Go ask a servant-- I don't think you want a stupid rabbit hybrid making your tea, do you? I'm so stupid that I'll mess it up somehow. Gosh, I'm just so darn dumb that I'm not sure where the kitchen even is."

"Yes, you are an idiot, but I said milk, not tea. And how dare you speak to a Prince in such a rude tone." Growled the young boy, before spitting fire next to her feet. It was a small flame, small enough to be stomped out, but he could make one bigger. "Don't you realize that with a few words I could have you gone? Do you think because your my father's new plaything that you won't be touched?" Walking over to her, the little boy reached up and yanked her hair hard so she would bend down to make eye contact. Though she did have to bend quite a bit, considering he was a child. "Learn your place rodent. I'm heir to the throne. You are just a common street whore."

Felix watched, his eyes wide. "...Big brother, don't be mean, the lady is nice...She said I was going to be strong." He mumbled.

Clicking his tongue, Alfred let go of her hair, glaring at Hope. "She only said that to flatter your ego. She's only being nice to please father. She doesn't really care about us. I feel like you're plotting something, rodent. What are you plotting hmm? Trying to marry my father? Or are you trying to bare his children so you can be set for life? If you didn't know, I'll inform you know. Bastard babies are killed in the womb. You won't be gaining any money from my dad." Okay, now obviously, this wasn't the kid's own words. His mother, his first wife, must have said this t her son. There was no way a ten-year-old boy would know this. And it was no secret his mother hated Hope. So of course, Alfred followed his mother. His mother probably told him what to say, and to hurt Hope. While she would get in trouble, she knew her son wouldn't. The Prince wasn't to be touched. The King's orders, he didn't want anyone damaging his heir.

"Why would I marry your father? That would mean I'd be stuck here having to deal with a brat like you. Prince or not, I think you're awful. Rest assured, I don't want your father to marry me-- nor is he ever going to offer. I'm a rabbit. Worse than that, apparently, is the fact I'm a peasant. I won't be marrying him," she assured quietly, even if she didn't want to waste her breath arguing with a child, especially when the other's mission had been achieved. All the words the King's first wife had uttered to her son had their desired effect because Hope was undeniably upset by the comments. Not the commentary about children and marriage. Hell, she hated Apophis, so those really weren't anything she cared about.

But being called a plaything, a rodent... those were hurtful and utterly depriving her of an actual existence as a living thing. They were belittling and demeaning, and it cemented her desire to just leave. She didn't want to be here any longer. The plan could be picked up easily by someone else; another cute girl that caught the King's eye and who also wanted him dead. Hope wasn't special - any girl could take her place and carry out the plan, because she really didn't have the backbone to deal with all of this.

"Oh, fuck off, you little shit. I'm going, okay? Does that make you and your horrid mother happy? I'm done. I'm not dealing with this," she sighed heavily, turning her back before offering a genuine smile to Felix. She wasn't lying when she said the kid was adorable. "Hey, you're really gonna be just as strong as your dad, I believe that. Don't let your brother put you down, kid. I know you're gonna end up being much stronger than him anyway."

Alfred scoffed, smirking a bit. "Such foul words, father won't be pleased. Hopefully, you'll have your tongue removed." Mumbled the boy, before being on his merry way. Of course, he was happy he got under her skin. That's what his mother told him to do, and he successfully did it, in a matter of minutes too. It wasn't hard at all. And now all he had to do was report to his mother.

Felix grimaced softly and moved to hug the rabbit's legs. "...Don't leave, we just became friends...Ally is just grumpy. Daddy forgot his birthday yesterday. He blames you, cause Daddy's been with you. So don't feel bad! Plus you haven't met my sisters and my other brother~! They're great, promise! None of them are as grumpy as Ally~"

And as if on cue, his sister, only a few months older than Felix came. She had snow white hair and equally pale skin. But her eyes were the same as her brother's. Golden. All of the King's children had the golden eyes. Yawning sleepily, the pretty little girl fixed the flowers in her hair before looking at the rabbit hybrid. "....My goodness." She squeaked out surprised. "Felix, who's this lady?"

"Our new Nanny, Azula."

"Her name's Azula too?! We have the same name!" Squeaked the little girl excitedly

"No, no, I didn't mean her name was Azula!" Felix huffed.

"I'm not your new Nanny. I'm just... I was a new friend of your father's, but I suppose he's going to kill me now, isn't he? For being rude to his precious heir. It's sickening, really, how much of a brat that boy is-- I need to go, buddy. I don't really want to get my head decapitated," she laughed, though the sound was humourless. The moment she realised what she'd said to the child, she'd paled considerably in horror. Not at the foul language, she didn't care what that spoiled little brat heard. She just feared that it would incur Apophis' wrath. He may not care for his children enough to spend time with them, but Ally was his heir. He was given preferential treatment over his siblings, and she'd just insulted him like he was below her. In reality, sadly, his life was worth a thousand times more than her own.

"I don't want to die, you know? I like your Dad but I mean nothing to him, not really. I'm just... a rabbit. My kind aren't... considered that important. That's how our world works. It's kinda sad but, hey, that's life," she shrugged, bitterly smiling as she prised herself from the other's grasp. "I'm sure you'll get another Nanny who's better at this than me. I'm not great being in a castle. It's not my sort of setting."

The children didn't understand most of her words. To them, she was an adult, and adults knew everything, so how could a grownup be stupid? Charing confused looks, Felix went to hug her again, giving her his adorable smile. "Don't be sad, rabbit~! Daddy's not going to kill you, you'll be fine! Promise!" Giggled the little boy, but he didn't hold any power of course.

Later that afternoon, Apophis had requested Hope to his personal dining area to share a meal with him. They ate in silence for about five minutes, before he said, "I hear you've met some of my children, and you said some...distasteful things to the eldest, Alfred." He began. His golden eyes looked over at Hope, before sighing as he leaned back in his chair, setting his cup of tea down. "Hope, he's a child. I know how he can get with his words...At least I've heard he can get that way. But remember, you can't entertain a child. Next time, just laugh it off. He only wanted a reaction, and a reaction he got. You played right into his hand, silly bunny." He chuckled and leaned over to place a kiss on her nose.

If it were anyone else? He'd have their tongue removed for saying such words to his son. Especially a peasant like Hope. But...It was Hope. And he was rather fond of the woman. So a simple slap on the wrist was all that was needed. And Alfred was antagonizing her. "And I hear you met Felix and Azula...You haven't met the last two though if I'm correct...Their mothers wouldn't bring them down. But what did you think of them?" He asked, leaning over to feed her one of her grapes with a smile.

Hope had resigned herself to death. All that afternoon she'd waited for her opportunity to leave, but that never came. She'd had to spent the hours minding the children, so any chance of escape became impossible. It was much harder finding chances to get out than she thought, and it onyly made her panic. She was certain that she was going to die, and waiting around for Apophis to hear of the cruel words she'd spat at his eldest son was not a fun thing to undergo. When they were sat down for dinner together, she was full of that dread, fearing his outburst at her.

But it never came. She was almost angry that he wasn't more mad with her, really. It meant that he liked her, and while that meant the plan could continue, she didn't want this man liking her so much. He was a terrible King, an even worse living being. She wanted him nowhere near her, let alone developing feelings for her. It took everything in her not to angrily spit at him.

"Your son is... he said some horrible things. I... figure his mother told him to. They don't like me, obviously," she shrugged, reaching for the wine, even though she got drunk with just a sip - her alcohol tolerance really was slim. "I... like your other children, the ones I've met, anyway. I adore Felix. I think... he'll be an amazing asset to you when he's older, I... I don't know anything, obviously, but I like him a lot."

"Felix, hmm? Well, I'm glad you like him. I'm sure Alfred will come around." He commented as he sipped his tea. "I hope this Nanny job works out well for you. That way you can stay around longer." Smiled the man. "I already told the club that you'll be working for me now. The club owner wished you good luck." A few servants enter his dining area, all bowed to him.

They held in their hand's instruments of a sort before they began to play traditional dragon music. It was soft and slow and went well with their meal. Grinning at the music, he took her hand. "Dance with me." He commanded as he stood up, pulling her from her chair. His hands rested on her hips as he pulled her close.

"Don't, I... can't dance. I have two left feet. I tried dancing at my parents' anniversary and broke my mother's foot when I fell on her, I'm clumsy and... I don't want to go breaking your feet. Dragon or not, I'm pretty strong," the rabbit began, feigning seriousness for a few seconds before the expression melted in the characteristic smirk she'd shared with him over the few days. While playing around and teasing the King wasn't what any woman would even dream of doing in fear of angering the man, Hope had done it within the first hour of meeting him-- and it wasn't something she needed to stop doing. He didn't seem to get angry. Rather, he seemed to like it, if the affectionate pecks on her nose and soft touches of her ears was anything to go by.

Interrupting the cute little moment, however, was Angelina - the King's fourth and most recent wife. She'd only been married to him for a year, after falling pregnant, but she fit perfectly in amongst the wives. Like them, she disliked the rabbit immensely. Hope being there had at least united the wives together. While they bickered before, Hope's presence united them against her, so she had a useful purpose in some way.

"I don't mean to interrupt, sire," she began quietly, her lips pulled into a small frown. "I... didn't know what else to do. Our... Our son is sick and he won't settle without seeing you. I'm worried for him, and I... I think a visit from you could... it could really help him get to sleep. If you're otherwise engaged, I can tell him you'll visit another time."

1159.jpg

Glancing over at his newest wife, he pulled away from Hope. While he wasn't the most caring parent, he knew he ought to see his children when they fall sick. "He's sick, hmm? I guess I shall go see him. Hope, you should come. I don't believe you met him earlier, he must have been sick all day." He mumbled before walking over to his newest wife, before gesturing her to lead him to the sick child.

"You're coming-- oh, he'll be over the moon, sire, I... I've been sat with him all day and he hasn't stopped throwing up, the poor thing," the woman began, trying to hide just how delighted she was that her husband was going to visit his youngest child. She had assumed he'd be too busy with his latest plaything to even care about the child he'd created with her, but she was pleasantly surprised to learn he was gladly coming along... even if Hope was trudging along at his side.

Eventually leading him to their son, Dax, the woman rushed to sit beside the boy's crib, the little one year old boy tossing and turning. One moment he was sweating profusely with a burning temperature, and the next he was as pale as snow, shivering and crying because everything was cold. He'd never been a healthy child, but he'd never been this sick before, and it was deeply concerning for his mother, who tenderly reached to pet the boy's platinum blonde hair from his sticky forehead. However sick the baby was, though, his golden eyes lit up the moment he spotted his father lingering nearby, eagerly reaching for him even if his joints and limbs ached badly.

"He's adorable," whispered Hope, smiling to herself when the baby was lifted up. "Is he your youngest, sire?"

Holding Dax in his arms, he grimaced at how weak and sick he was. It was...actually frightening to the powerful king to see his son this young so sick. "Yes. His name's Dax Drakon III. He's named after my great-grandfather. A wonderful King, who fought and won against the trolls." He told the rabbit hybrid, as he sat down in an expensive chair, softly rocking the child. While he wasn't around the children a lot, he knew how to rock a baby pretty well. "He hasn't been this ill before. What am I paying those foolish doctors for? I shall contact a witch, see if anything is to be done." He mumbled, dabbing away the sweat from the baby's forehead.

Dax was a very weak child, so Apophis didn't really see him being one of the children he chose to rule over other Kingdom when he did conquer the other kingdoms. But he didn't want the child to be this sick. He could possibly die, and losing a child would be...Well, it wasn't something Apophis wanted to go through. "Has he been like this all day?"

Proudly smiling as her husband explained the origin of their son's name, Angelina silently pulled off her tiara to readjust her perfectly straight hair. Despite the stress of her son being this sick, she somehow managed to maintain a degree of unattainable perfection - but she was a Queen to one of the strongest Kings around. Perfection was something she had to aim for every single day.

"He had a fever this morning and he's deteriorated all day, yes. I... didn't want to bother you, but I'm... I had to come and get you when he started vomiting. I... I'm scared for him, I suppose. All the other children are so healthy. Maybe it's my fault," the woman murmured, her troubled expression deepening when her son fell to sleep in his father's arms, only for his breathing to be shallow and raspy, like he could stop at any moment. She was hardly going to start blaming Apophis for their son's ill health, even if that meant taking all the blame on herself.

"I just... I'm not sure what to do, that's all. I hate feeling this helpless and useless and... and I want you around, sire. I want you to spend time with him, in case he... he gets worse."

"He'll sleep in my arms tonight." Answered the King, not minding staying up all night to watch his son sleep. "Hope, you can go back to my chambers if you're tired. I'll be staying in my son's nursery. I'll see you in the morning for breakfast." Promised the King, before looking down at his youngest child. His breaths were so shallow and raspy. "Angelina, don't blame yourself. We don't know what's going on with him just yet. I remember Azula got very sick as a baby once."

Glancing over at her he gestured for her to leave to. "You don't have to stay all night. You must be tired from worrying all day. You can go and rest, I'll keep an eye on him."

"I am not leaving you or my son, I... I'll stay with him until morning. I'm not the sort of mother who just leaves their child when they're sick," the woman declared, taking a slight dig at one of the man's other wives who she recalled leaving their own baby crying in order to get her nails manicured. As mean and as bitchy as Angelina could be, she was at least a good mother who adored her son more than life itself.

"...How long will Hope be staying around? Will she be here permanently? I... suppose I should introduce myself to her properly if that's the case," she began quietly, frowning to herself jealously. "If you like her, sire, I should... try to like her. Maybe she could join me and your other wives for lunch?"

"That would be a wise thing to do. She will be staying here for quite some time. You should introduce her to the other wives, tomorrow. Maybe go out after breakfast. I'm afraid I can't attend, I'll be with Dax. I'll have a witch look at him, see if their's any potion that could be made to cure him. They must have something." He mumbled to himself as he slowly stroked his hair down. "I would like for all of you to get along if possible. It would be a shame if you couldn't."

And so, the next morning, all four of his wives and Hope were out after breakfast. Sitting in the garden, they were all talking, getting to know Hope. Well...At least that's what they were supposed to be doing. The first wife, Seraphina wasn't there. She was running late, as one of the servants told them.

"She's always late to everything," Nadia mumbled in distaste. She was the third wife. She and Hope had already met and didn't like each other much. Looking over her freshly painted nails, she glanced over at the rodent. She offered a fake smile pushing her blonde hair away from her face. "I'm sorry she's running late. But I guess we can get this started. Right, Angie darling? Anyway, Hope was it? How is life here in the palace for you? And how do you like my little Felix? He's such a gentleman, right? Unlike Alfred. That one is such a monster. Like his damned mother."

"Please refrain from speaking badly of me," Seraphina stated as she finally arrived. Seraphina, like the rest, was undoubtedly beautiful. She was known throughout the Kingdom for her beauty. She was the first wife and had been with him the longest. She'd been married to him since he was thirteen. The rest of the wives only came into the picture in the recent years. So of course, Seraphina had power over all of the women. With grace and poise, she sat down, glancing over at Hope. She's never met her. Not really, she never wanted to meet her or speak to her. But her husband made her, so, here she was. Giving a sweet smile, she held out her hand to shake Hope's. "So you are Hope. My, aren't you just a beauty. One would mistake you for a noble." c7fca68171376f3041c90e7517c4e38a.jpg

Hope wanted to be as far away from this situation as she could. She didn't want to associate with the wives at all. She barely wanted to be intimate and close to Apophis, so sitting for an afternoon tea with the wives that all hated her wasn't really what she wanted to do. She knew that she wasn't at all on their level: they were noble women of the highest standards of beauty, married to a King and each having bore his children for him.

Hope, on the other hand, was a peasant from a poverty-stricken kingdom, who had taken to prostitution and lap-dancing just to survive. She was nothing like these women, and while she hated them, she also couldn't help but dislike herself in their presences.

"Do you have to all talk so loudly? I can't help but to leave if you continue to all try to outdo one another," the third wife groaned. She was the one who hated Hope the most, who had the most to say about the 'disgusting rodent'. It was why she had tried to get out of this lunch-- but Apophis' insistence she attend made it impossible to skip.The mother to twins, Azula and Avery (the latter being the only child Hope had yet to meet), this third wife, Raven, was easily the one Hope was most wary of. The fact the Queen had a look to kill was definitely... troubling.

"Now, Hope," began Raven slowly once all the wives were in attendance, frowning in her direction instead of pretending to smile and be nice. "I don't like you. I never will like you. I don't want you near my dear baby girls either--"

"Raven, stop. Apophis... likes this girl. She was so gentle when she came to visit Dax. And Nadia said that Felix adores her."

"I'm not sitting here, pretending. We all dislike this woman, Angelina. Ha, woman. She's hardly that. Look at how small she is. She's barely got hips. She's a rodent and I refuse to be nice to a peasant like her. You all disgust me if you pretend she's anything but that."

894.jpg

"Here we go again," Nadia mumbled, looking at her nails again. "Our dear husband told us to play nice, so that's what I'm doing, playing nice. Besides, little Hope isn't so bad. She's pretty, and she takes care of the kids. I mean, how is that so terrible?" Nadia was the wife who left her sick child to get her nails done before, so she was really thrilled now that she learned they had a Nanny who would be there all the time.

Seraphina smirked at Raven. She loved that she was so blunt, and didn't hide how much she hated Hope. She found it amusing since she too hated Hope. But she was underhanded and fake. She'd pretend like always. Seraphina used to hate Raven before Hope came. Because Raven was the only Queen who had two children by Apophis, and she used to be his favorite. It annoyed and irritated her. But now Hope was the problem. A problem she hoped to get rid of soon. "Oh Raven, come now. Don't call her a rodent, she's such a cute little thing. Anyway, Hope, I'm so sorry for what Ally said to you. Alfred was just grumpy yesterday. I had him write an apology letter for you." She smiled, before pulling the little letter from her purse. "Here you are~"

"Sera, you're so fake. We all know you coached him to say that." Nadia grumbled rolling her eyes. "Just own up to it. You hate Hope, because Apophis is fond of her. You hated Raven because Apophis was so fond of her too. Stop acting like you care, it's nauseating. I think we should all just work together, and be happy. I mean hey, we're the richest women in the Kingdom, we have the freedom to do whatever we want, buy whatever we want-"

"That's all you care about!" Snaped Sera. "You don't even care about your son, all you care about is money and pretty skimpy dresses! I actually love my family and I love my husband!"

Watching all these women bicker amongst one another didn't make Hope as fearful of them as she had initially been. Seraphina was dominating and had that aura to her that made you automatically sit up straight, and each of the wives had their own sense of superiority as Queens that made them daunting... but it was hard to realise that and recognise it when they were all sat here, bickering like little children-- besides Angelina, at least. The most recent of the wives seemed to grow uncomfortable with the bickers, awkwardly smiling and even showing Hope a little kindness.

She had hated the girl as much as the others, but her mind had changed a little the moment she saw Hope with Dax for a brief moment that morning. She saw how tenderly she brushed his hair and how Dax reacted to that with little gurgles. Angelina was a loving, doting mother, and it was hard to hate someone her son seemed to take a liking to.

"I... I'm sorry about them, Hope. We're happy to have you if our husband is fond of you. The children adore you, besides Alfred, but he'll come around--"

"Whose side are you on?" Raven snapped suddenly, glaring fiercely at the newest wife in incredulous disgust. "Oh darling, don't align yourself with a rodent when you could be on our side. You and Nadia need your heads bumped together."

"There is no side, Raven. Apophis had already said we have to be nice to her. So, let's just be nice. What's the harm in it?" Nadia mumbled as she rolled her eyes reaching for a glass of wine as she stared out at the flowers. "Anywho, this about getting to know Hope. I would like to know about you like I would like to know if you have a plan to prevent from getting pregnant. I mean...We all know Apophis isn't fond of protection. So have you taken any steps to prevent a pregnancy? I hear your kind has babies by the bunch right?"

Seraphina isn't felt disgusted. Her husband was having sex with this common street whore. Someone who worked in a disgusting strip club. And now she's a Nanny?! For their children?! This was just disgusting. Digging her fingernails into her palms she looked down at her lap, trying to stay calm. If this...If this thing fell pregnant what would Apophis do? She had a feeling he would lie to the public, say she's some noble from Kehsia, and then marry her. He already liked her so much. She could tell by the way he looked at her.

Azula, holding hands with her twin Avery came running along in the garden. She heard her Mommy was out there so of course, she came running to find her. Grinning brightly, she tugged her twin to follow. "Mama~!" Her pretty little kimono was dirty with mud and her gorgeous hair had twigs and what not. The only time she got this dirty was when she played roughly with Felix.