death note

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logan sat in his office chair with a solemn, blank stare. This was the tipping point. Ever since he got that Death Note, things were falling apart. Two of Logan's best operatives are dead without any explanation. At the moment only six guards remained at the office, barely able to prolong Logan's chain of command. These men aren't exactly going to keep calm when they start dropping like flies. Of course they still threw Zack's body into a garbage bag and threw it into the office van, to take it somewhere for burial. And here Logan was now, alone in a dark management room. There had to be something that would prevent any mutiny on their part. Looking through his notebook, Logan scribbled down some notes on the local bank. Perhaps a typical robbery would boost their spirits. One of his guards entered in without warning, and looking worried.

"Speak." Logan uttered and waved a hand.

"We burned Zack's corpse at the garbage plant with relative success. The men want to hold his funeral tonight, and that being said, we're still surprised. Zack was a good man, sir." the grunt seemed more saddened than Logan was. "I'm sorry for speaking out of place. I think you may want to speak with one of our guests..."

Logan's eyes widened as two drudges carried Hannah inside. Her body was covered in blood, almost as much after his own brawls. She was shaking violently. Logan practically jumped out from his desk and threw his arms around Hannah. It was clear that she needed to see a hospital. "HANNAH?! Can you hear me? What happened to you?" Logan was drenched in panic. The guards were never permitted to call 911, considering that they were criminals. Taking Hannah to the hospital would draw unneeded attention.

Whatever bandages and antibacterials they had laying around would have to do.

Hannah pushed Logan away and she slowly rose to her feet her entire body was shaking she moved quiet slowly at sloth like speed as she made her way to the first aid kit and she picked up up and slid down to the flood ignoring Logan as she bandaged herself up she didn't say anything just wanted to clean up the wounds and leave. Where would she go to? she froze while applying a bandage to her arm and she looked back at Logan with sad and depressing eyes but really she was happy to see Logan and his men so messed up it brought pleasure to her she had to hid the grin by screaming out in pain as she stitched up a few of her wounds and then moved to another section of her body to fix. She took deep breaths wincing every time she moved she new that she had a few broken bones but had to ignore them she wrapped an ace bandage tightly around her waist and she took a deep breath before standing back up and putting her I'm okay face on again even though her body was screaming at her to go lay down and die "thanks for the first aid kit I needed it" she smiled at Logan before hobbling over to a seat next to his and she sat down and looked at him and then at his notes and she tilted her head "it looks like you were working on a bank robbery and the men are on edge" she scanned each one of there faces for a few moments before speaking again "what happened?" She picked up the notes and started to examine it she set the notes down and then saw that one of her arm bones had came out of the skin after snapping and she took a deep breath and shoved it back into her skin and put an ace rap around it she had to stay alive to see Logan lose everything. She winced in pain and noticed that the blood flow wasn't stopping and she looked at one of the grunts "go find a needle and thread" The grunt nodded his head and hurried out of the room to go find supplies for her. She leaned back and took deep slow breaths squeezing the arm rests and keeping her eyes cloths it would be just a few more minutes and her body would become numb she just had to hold out till them which was easier said than done.

An uncomfortable revelation was ushered onto Logan as Hannah so effortlessly applied the bandages. Only now did he remember the Death Note locked inside his desk drawer, at the mercy of anyone in the room. His muscles tensed, his eyes dilated. Even in the greatest possible pain, Hannah could still mock Logan. Perhaps this was one of the greater mysteries in their relationship. She handled the medical equipment without any assistance or agony. This was completely unbearable, with Logan having multiple friends die at the hands of forces he couldn't understand. "I don't see why you're dodging my questions." Logan's eyes narrowed in suspicion. He slammed his fist onto the table, throwing off various trinkets and writing utensils. "Zack Castero died today. Heart attack." Logan wiped the tears from his face. The guards' expression fell to sorrow. "He was like an uncle to me, I guess. Should of guessed something else would get him, aside from a bullet." his throat went dry and numb. A drudge supplied Hannah with the needle and thread, already knowing what was about to transpire. A knock came on the door in the lobby. One man ran out from the office anxiously. The trepidation spread to Logan, after all, it could be law enforcement. But he was pleasantly surprised when a girl stepped inside. Logan could see her from the opening in the doorway. Samantha was being held from entering the room, for security reasons. "Hello there, I was told about a job opening from Logan." she said to one of his guards. They didn't believe her, of course. Logan turned back to Hannah, whose discomfort was his focus. "If you'd let me help you, then maybe I can introduce you to a new friend of mine." he said to Hannah.

Hannah looked at Logan and she sighed "dad" that was all she said and she grabbed the needle and started to stitch herself up with the needle and she glared at the girl who had just come in and she set down the needle and she picked up the bottle of whisky in front of her and she took a big drink of it before setting the bottle down. She glared at the girl then rested her hand on Logans "I'm sorry for your loss he was a good man, he was an amazing mad who will be missed" she squeezed his hand and her voice was full of sadness and she rested her head on his shoulder before she kissed his cheek. She had to show off to the new girl to mark her territory as Logan being hers and she kept her eyes locked with the girls before she motioned to her body "dad came in and freaked out because I didn't go to school today and well you can put the rest together." She took a deep breath and noticed her knee bone was pocking out and she bit her lip hard tasting the blood in her mouth and she pushed the bone back into the leg and she grabbed the tap next to her and she tapped it up and then her eyes dilated as she looked at the girl.Hannah viewed her as a threat and she took out her phone and took a picture of her face and started to do a back ground check on the girl and she handed Logan the phone "hears all you need to know about her." She held out the needle and thread to Logan and she pulled of her shirt and turned around " stitch up my back and my arms and then we can go see your friend shes weird and looks like she was homeless if she is homeless good luck with her.

Logan held his head low, now knowing what terrible things Hannah's father must do. He closed his eyes, not wanting to see the stitching. Somehow he forgot about the whiskey bottle on his table. It had remained stationary for quite some time. Logan felt reassured as Hannah gave her condolences, no matter how little truth was put into them. The sensation of her lips on his cheek was a welcome change. Logan put his hand to his cheeks, which now turned red, and took a deep breath. Deep in his heart, a blind rage was slowly building. Now he knew who his next target would be. Logan would take revenge on Hannah's father for the things he's done. All he would have to do is learn the savage's name. This would be a rather awkward time to ask, however. Logan was taken aback as Hannah suddenly expressed dislike for Samantha, though he did want to have this new girl as a friend. "Hannah, I hope you're not getting worked up over nothing," he wanted to establish professional relations with Samantha, if only to ease Hannah's nerves. Unexpectedly she pulled off her shirt. All sorts of cuts laced her back. Picking up the needle and thread, Logan tried to be as cautious as possible. The feel of a needle going through skin was gut-wrenching. Only after a handful of stitches were his hands covered in blood. Logan had relatively little experience with these kinds of events. "I wish I didn't have to do this while you're still awake. I don't know if I'm actually helping." he said before running through another wheel of thread. He was uncomfortable that she was suspicious of Samantha, but Logan had to focus on the procedure at hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.