death note

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insults are never pleasant for anyone. Each of the me formed a circle around Logan, all the while spewing poor remarks. One of them jumped out and slashed Logan's arm with a knife. Blood flowed instead of trickling from the wound. Another man lashed out his legs, landing a kick onto his face. Logan was irate. The gun he carried only had 3 bullets; there were 5 thugs. Of course he pullet out his firearm and unloaded the bullets. The shots fired straight into a skull every time Logan pulled the trigger. For some reason they didn't bother keeping distance towards an armed man. He had to drop the gun once it was empty, now trying to use his fists against the enemy. Their expressions changed, and now they were not so gleeful. Rage befell them as easily as it did him. A whirlwind of motion flashed by. Grunts, punches, kicks, bites, scratches. It was hard to tell who was winning. Logan wished he had brought his Death Note to this place, he didn't even care when Armonia sat atop a streetlamp. The Shinigami looked as smug as ever. A black notebook sat in his bony, golden hands. Logan wouldn't be giving the satisfaction of dying today, not to anyone. He turned around and struck a back-kick into the jaw of an assailant. The brute fell with a thud, which proved oddly entertaining. Now only two men remained: Logan and another thug. Fear filled one's heart, and the other was filled with pride.

"Forget this, the bounty on your head ain't worth dying!" screamed the fleeing man. It was rather flattering that Logan was such a threat for a bounty to be placed. Normally the mafia carried out member-killing for free. Sirens now birthed a new commotion. Two ambulances and three police cruisers, Logan counted. He looked back to the gashes and bruises all over his body. He'd have to avoid the hospital, or risk getting caught. Maybe the office had an extra first-aid kit (though that was unlikely). Another option came to Logan's mind. He could call Hannah, then she could get help.

Using the remaining strength in his body, he left the scene. The cover of night still proved beneficial. Logan would just have to survive a bit longer, and recover his Death Note. His broken body could wait a bit longer.

Hannah sighed and she hung up the phone before turning her attention back to the computer monitors and she noticed the beating that Logan was taking she sighed and walked to the door and looked back at the monitors before she opened the door and walked to her car. She new the park were Logan was at and she new that he needed help she also worried about her death note being found but she doubted that anybody would come looking for the death note and she unlocked her car and got in. She needed to form a plan a plan that Logan would never think of she could just drive him to the location and get things under way but that would be to easy and he would notice the part of town that they would be going to. She sighed and shock her head and she started to think more as she drove to the ally way and she turned of the lights and slowly moved next to Logan when she saw him and she parked the car and waited. She reached over to the lights and she flicked on the brights and then turned them off only a second latter she new that no more thugs would be coming there way and even if they weren't mad and she leaned back in the seat and she closed her eyes for a few seconds as the rest of the plan clicked into her brain and she snapped them open and grinned. She would drive Logan towards his apartment and then distract him with conversation and take him to the meeting spot and she clicked open her phone and sent a text message be there in less than an hour.

Her face was illuminated by the light from the screen for a moment before she turned off her phone and put it away and she waited for Logan she reached under her chair and she pulled out a first aid kit and she pulled out band aids, gauze, disinfectant, a needle, and a thread for stitches she new that he would be able to take care of himself while she drove them to the location. She squirmed in her seat she wasn't used to being out in public for a long period of time and she especially wasn't used to driving around the town the only reason she had any idea where she was was because she had her gps and her ability to pinpoint land marks and she looked at Logan glaring at him. This was his fault that she was uncomfortable and in a weird part of town that she wasn't used to and of course she was mad at him for other reasons that she was mad about.

Perhaps the worst thing to have at the end of a scuffle would be to suffer Hannah's wrath. Logan had to admit to himself that he wasn't very careful this time around. If she wanted to make her anger known, then that first aid kit would soon become a method of torture. Armonia stood far off in the distance, watching gleefully as Logan's slaughter was taken away in multiple ambulances. He couldn't look at Hannah in the eye. It just wouldn't be... right. He could apologize, like usual, and later act as though nothing happened. But something told Logan that she wasn't in the mood for excuses or apologies. Keeping a grim expression, he said nothing. He simply went to great efforts to open the passenger door to Hannah's car, hoping that their mutual silence would be extended. Any kind of punishment that Hannah could think of would be well-deserved. "Just to clarify, I was acting in self defense... for once..." Logan muttered. He was tired, but he had to give some kind of explanation at the very least.

Hannah rolled her eyes and her finger tips tapped lightly on the wheel as she started to drive the silence was something new she didn't care if it was in self defense or if he picked a fight she had to much on her mind she just looked strait ahead and drove. Her mind wondered to the phone call she had just had with her father and she started to speed up the anger appearing on her face and then dispersing only a second latter as she slowed down the car. "I saw the fight through the video camera now get cleaned up" her voice was rough and cold she didn't look at him when she drove she just drove. She kept the lights of to make sure that Logan wouldn't notice where they were going she moved around a little bit and she ended up resting her head on the side of the window and she swallowed hard as she drove. "There is a bag in the back seat with some new cloths get changed and don't talk" she started to speed up and kept driving.

After a while her phone rang and she picked it up and answered "hello"
"are you two on your way" a deep voice came from the other end it was her brother
"yes we are why"
"dad wants you here within the next 10 minutes think you can manage that little girl"
she scowled and bit her lip thinking about it "make it 20"
"I can make it 15 you better hurry you know he doesn't like to be kept waiting"
"he can deal with it" she hung up the phone and set it back down where it had previously been and she chewed on her lip and tapped her fingers harder on the steering wheel and she started to speed up she new that she would be punished since she was going to be late but she didn't care this was a chance for Logan to get into the big leages. "Logan I want you to keep an open mind" the illuminating light of the home where Hannah's father lived at and she pulled up to the gates.

Logan was fighting off the urge to sleep. He would have had an easier fight if there weren't so many opponents at once. He couldn't help but smile as Hannah tapped her fingers on the steering wheel. Logan thought it humorous that she could view all of life's stranger moments, all the while behind a monitor screen. With much exhaustion, he moved to the back of the car. Just as Hannah said, there sat a clean ensemble of clothing. Before changing, Logan tried to account all the wounds he had. A black eye was present on his face. Plenty of lashes on his arms and legs (not to mention several bite marks). Somehow he didn't even have any broken bones. In some regards, perhaps that was the least of Logan's issues. For instance, where was Hannah taking him? It was unsettling when she said "...keep an open mind". What did that mean? The whole strangeness of today's events gave light to Logan's memories. His 'father', or at least his first mafia boss, always gave him one piece of advice: "You can always expect the guy at the end of the bar to give you trouble, but once a pretty dame has you in her sights, better pray that she's not like us." As to how he ignored this advice now was baffling.

Hannah pulled up in the drive and she turned on the car and after a few deep breaths she looked over at Logan "get changed and hurry up we are late" she opened the car door and got out and she slammed it close and she leaned her body against the driver door and tapped her fingers on her elbow waiting. It wasn't that she was irritated or anything it was just that she had had a long day already and was tired and this was the last thing on her mind her eyes grew heavy and she closed them for a few seconds and when she opened them a face identical to hers but male stood in front of her. His eyes were a dark grey he was made she pointed to the back door and took a deep breath "be gentle with him hes had a long day" with that she waked past him and into the house.

Allen Hannah's twin was waiting for Logan to finish changing he tapped on the glass and peared in and waved he had a shotgun in his hand and as he waved he showed him the shot gun and he turned around and waited. Allen wondered why his father had Picked Hannah to find somebody but it didn't matter he had picked her and she had come through it was truly amazing but he new that her health was getting the better of her so that could play into the decision. His dad always wanted things done fast and since she was going to die soon he picked her to get it done as fast as she could "that stupid bitch" he smirked to himself and waited.

Despite the soreness all over his body, Logan had to comply with Hannah's orders. His eyes were as heavy as oxen. A small chuckle escaped from him when she said for some new stranger to "be gentle". With the day he's had, Logan wasn't sure how simple gentleness could be. The blood flow slowed down enough for him to focus on the task of dressing himself. Hannah certainly had interesting plans tonight, among other interesting scenarios. Her family must have had interesting hobbies. As Logan removed his bloody shirt, he quietly hummed to himself an old hymn:

"Angele Dei,
qui custos es mei,
Me tibi commissum pietate superna;
(Hodie, Hac nocte) illumina, custodi, rege, et guberna.
Amen."

It was a hymn his sister sang often. Looking back, Logan wondered if any of his biological family could even look him in the eye. After all, what family could love a mafia crime lord? He tried to think back even further. Somewhere down the years he and Hannah met, yet Logan just couldn't think of how many years. It bothered him. His arms dangled loosely, and not a second later, he finally managed to put on a clean shirt. It was colder than the last shirt he wore, though that was probably due to the blood stains all over the old one. Logan got out of the car with mild impatience, ready to see what things were going on now. Armonia was perched on the roof above his head, laughing hysterically as only a Shinigami could. There was an apple in his hand. Opening the door, Logan walked inside, trying to forget Armonia's wretched laugh.

Infront of Logan was a large room with a circular table 8 men each sat around the table each was a mafia lord of a country. In the middle of the circle sat Hannah's father he ran a company. Had a family and ran the world mafia orginization he was the leader and the world belonged to him. He stood up when he saw Logan and clapped his hands welcome to my home Logan glad you could make it." He sat down and licked his lips "now to get to business your stle of being a mafia lord is truly astounding for your age so we" he jestured to everyone around him. "Have decided to train you to take my place when the time comes." A pure white smile apeared on his face and he turned his head to Hannah who was taking her medication. "Sadly my own daughter could not be the one so we picked you do you have any questions Logan my boy?"

Hannah has her head lowered as she took her medication she hadn't gotten Round to telling Logan about the illness. She sat back and a smile apeared on her lips she was so glad Logan was being given this position she worked so hard to get him hear. She was glad her work was paying off a sigh escaped her lips and she relaxed.

Alas, Logan's predictions had been fulfilled, more or less. 8 of the greatest crime lords in all of history stood before him, and it felt plenty welcoming. Hannah's father sat in the centerpiece of the scene, causing Logan's jaw to drop (somewhat literally). He looked out to the men before him: an Italian, a Russian, a Japanese, an Englishman, a German, a Turk, a Mexican, a Frenchman, and finally an Indian. Logan was fascinated with the way they were dressed and the way they spoke. Never before had he contact with foreigners. Then again, he also never spoke much with other mafia lords, but that's because he tired frequently to kill them. Logan listened closely as Hannah's father spoke. Hannah herself looked a bit uncomfortable, which worried him. All the while a single major question came across. Logan gulped and felt sweat trickle down his forehead; he realized that his gun was left in the car. These men could kill him right now if they wanted. Even worse, they could go after Hannah. He replied to the peculiar man. "Wait, training? Your daughter's the one better suited for this." Logan turned his head to Hannah, feeling the need to consult her. "So... what do you think of this? But I won't take it unless you help me."

Hannahs father glanced over at Hannah and he cleared his throat "she can't do this job she is weak far weaker then she shows you and she can help you but only as your eyes of the city the price you will have to pay for training is losing your humanity but I can tell that you have already lost that" a grin crossed his lips and he licked them "so lets make this a challenge I will give you 3 months to complete 2 years worth of training and in return you become my second in command and you can have my daughter." A evil smile appeared on his face as he watched the young boy become in a state of shock and he started to giggle when he noticed the freaked out expression on his face "we won't kill you so don't worry." He turned his attention over to Hannah and he narrowed his eyes at her she was not the child he wanted and he did not want her to work with the boy this was something he would have to do for himself but getting a little help wouldn't be bad maybe she could put him in situations to test him. There would be ways for him to use her like he always did and she never complained and never went against his order she was a good bitch just like her mother was and he smirked. "So Logan do we have a deal." He held out his hand to shake on the agreement a Mafia leaders hand shake was worth more than any contract.

Hannah swallowed hard and she nodded her head at Logan "I'll work with you now if you will excuse me" she got up and swallowed hard again looking at her father she could feel a lump in her throat and she lowered her eyes when he made eye contact with her she feared her father more than she feared Logan and that was impressive. She hurried out of the room to the kitchen and she got a glass of water and walked over to the window and looked out of it. She was happy for Logan she really was but she feared losing him she chuckled to herself 'why are you even worried about losing Logan there are plenty of better men out there' her mind was yelling at her heart but her heart new that she did love Logan and that she would do anything for him but what if he found somebody ells? She took a large drink of water before setting the glass down and sitting down in the chair watching the ocean she took a few deep breaths to clear her mind before she got up and walked back into the main room she made eye contact with the Indian leader who had feared her she gave him an ice cold stare and she put on the mask again that she wore around her father and Logan "I could never lead I'm not very good at fighting and I'm not very assertive or demanding around people unlike you Logan." She enjoyed giving him compliments and felt her heart skip a beat she glanced over at her Shimigami who was levitating over her fathers head and she smirked and rolled her eyes slightly before she smiled at her father.

Relief was mixed awkwardly with panic, and Logan was unsure what to think. He smiled, shook the hands of whoever offered, but sank back into his chair. This was far from his goals in life. Organized crime was more of a hobby, at least it entertained Logan mostly. But at the root of his philosophy lay chaos and how to apply it. These men were more interested in running a business than anything else. And that was what terrified Logan. He crossed his arms in mock-approval, trying to maintain the approval of these strangers. If he had a gun, he'd probably kill every man in the room. It would be even better if Logan had his Death Note. Perhaps that would serve as decent revenge for dragging him into bureaucracy. He exhaled slowly, trying to think of what to say. Logan stood up before this table of monsters, ready to put on a show of sorts.

"I, Logan Patrick of Glasgow, am proud to gain rank in our peculiar organization." his Scottish accent began to pierce through. Reaching over to a glass of wine, he held it up to give cheers. To think that these events started all because of poor Gilmer's laziness. The look on the face of Hannah's father was one that felt unnatural. He could sense that something was a bit off, yet Logan couldn't accurately describe what it was. That man was okay with giving his daughter to a murderer? It's not like Logan could complain, but that didn't exactly make it right. His anger swelled mildly as his conscience tried to dominate. He was far from being a man of morals, and he wasn't going to start today.

But he still needed to vent out his stress. Logan politely excused himself from the table and walked over to Hannah. She looked beautiful, almost innocent. Almost. He wanted to find somewhere private, somewhere to just talk. The new mafia-lord-trainee stepped closely to Hannah, and he whispered to her: "I need to talk with you. There are some things that might be bothering us both. Do you know anywhere private?" Logan paused momentarily, remembering to give a compliment. "And I'd say your leadership skills are fine. You keep me in check, right?" he gave a weary smile.

Hannah glanced up at Logan before she nodded her head she narrowed his eyes at his compliment and she rolled her eyes knowing that he was just putting on a show for her father who was his boss now, that felt funny to say her father was Logans boss how strange as it rolled around in her mind a few minutes latter she stood up and took Logans hand. She guided him through the extremely large house to a room with a plane dark blue door when Hannah turned the silver knob and the door opened it introduced a large room with a lot of computer monitors on almost every space of the wall and a bed on the farthest corner away from the bed. There where bars on the window and no light was shining in, Hannah turned on the light and she pulled Logan in before she hurried over to the main computer Monitor and she turned it on watching her father and the men from a hidden camera and she turned back to Logan and she sat down on the bed. "what do you need to talk about my dear?" She crossed her legs as she looked in the monitor and then she stood up with a concerned look on her face and she stopped in front of one of the monitors and she touched the screen for a few second and she turned back to Logan "go ahead talk I'm listening" she was half focused on him and the other half on scanning the cameras then something clicked in her mind and she spun around and looked at him "now you have my full attention and by the way I have to keep you in check or I would be dead so talk fast they will expect us to be back soon." Her voice sounded concern but it was all an act just for the moment but her heart wouldn't stop racing hear she was with Logan in her room talking about something serious. She new that he was tired so she stood up and pointed to her bed "rest I know your tired my dear" she moved over to the chair and she sat down never moving her eyes from him she wasn't glaring or mad but a look of concern took over her face as she watched him her lower lip started to quiver she was so tired and scare of her father and of Logan she was so tired of being weak. "By the way my leadership skills are not that great and I'm weaker than you think I cant do much except watching things from behind a computer scene and even then I can't help you I can't fight I cant shoot a gun and I freak out when I hear a gun shot don't lie to me you know how I hate liers."

As Hannah grabbed Logan's hand, it felt like some kind of metal trap, taking him away somewhere horrible. Logan could feel his face redden. There was no hope of going around his problems now, tempting as it would be. The corridors to this house were as elegant as its residents. Their grandiose was surely deceptive. Following both Hannah and his wandering mind, Logan wondered what would come next. Eventually they reached a blue door, and connected to it was a silver knob. If only he could get cheaper security for himself, then perhaps he'd have a house this nice. Logan stood in mild awe from the abundance of computer monitors lining the walls. It felt like there were hundreds. His breathing sped up when he saw the bars on the windows, which allowed the room to appear even more eerie. It took a few minutes for Logan even noticed that Hannah was speaking to him. Remaining mute, he slowly strayed out his body on the bed. He pulled down one of his sleeves, looking at the bruises which now turned black. Logan was articulate in not letting his sore figure be noticed. The young man coughed drops of blood into his hand before speaking. "I've been feeling... more tense lately. I don't know how to describe it. It's like I want every face I see to disappear, except yours." Of course Logan left out details of the Death Note. Heck, Armonia was probably spying on them both, going on with his blood-curdling laugh. There was a question that Logan wanted to ask: Do you believe in Shinigami? But what came out instead was: "I care for you." and he left it at that. He'd have to punish himself for being weak like this.

When the words left Logans mouth Hannahs body was rigged she felt like she couldn't breath or even say anything her mind was screaming at her to say something but the world around her started to melt so she closed her eyes for a few seconds and took deep breaths her body rose and fell with each breath she took and then she moved to him and she fell onto the bed and she curled up next to him and she berried her face into his chest. Tears ran down her face she was speechless there was nothing that she could say with out ruining the moment so she allowed her actions to speak for her. She touched his cheek softly and then she leaned down and pressed her lips against his for head and she stood up and got out of the bed and then she walked over to a switch and turned off all the monitors and she closed the door before moving back over to him and she kissed him again and again and she moved the blanket over them. "You need to rest we will talk more in the morning but I do have one question to ask you before you fall asleep so try and stay up." She turned her entire body to him so she was laying on her side and her head rested in the palm of her hand and she touched his cheek " Why don't you want to see me melt your voice says that you care for me but I see it in your eyes that you don't so why lie to me?" She didn't want him to get mad but she new that he was to tired to act angerly to her even if he wanted to he wouldn't her fathers men were still down stairs and there was no way he would risk hurting her.

Logan was surprised when Hannah suddenly fell onto the bed. He could feel her warmth as Hannah curled alongside him. For an instant the world vanished from Logan's eyes, and the pain he felt was gone. He wrapped his arms around her body, feeling the desire to be helpful for once. Logan felt guilty when Hannah's tears drenched his shirt. It felt tremendously like it was his fault. But whatever Logan was guilty of, it was dimmed by her kiss. She left the embrace of his arms to disable the monitors within the room. After closing the door, she returned to the bed. A wave of euphoria swept over Logan, and he gladly shared Hannah's passion. He didn't feel tired now. And Logan would have let the situation 'devolve', but he knew that Hannah was right. He needed rest. Perhaps some other time then. Hannah's question afterwards came like a punch to the gut. Logan was practically speechless, of course he cared for Hannah!

Or did he?

Logan shook his head and rubbed his eyes, trying to think of a way to respond. In his heart he was enraged, but the microscopic conscience Logan withheld spoke first. Indeed Hannah was right again. What kind of romance was this, anyway? Logan was practically feeding off her now, with the whole training promotion. This wasn't how it was supposed to work. There was supposed to be some kind of happy ending. Logan glared in frustration. "Why do you think I'm lying?" he questioned angrily. His blood pressure began to climb. "Sure, I do a lot of risky things, and maybe I don't always tell you what I'm up to, but come on! When it comes to us, I am completely honest!" now Logan was beginning to doubt himself.

Hannah shock her head and she looked into his eyes and she narrowed hers in anger and she took his hands and in a calm and collected voice she whispered "calm down and stop getting angry" she never liked him when he was angry it scared her most of the time he could put a bullet in her at any moment if he wanted to but so hard he hadn't which was good. "I ask you because I feel like your hiding something big from me and I don't like being in the dark you know that it makes me nervouse and worry more and I can't handle those feelings right now." She turned her body and picked up a bottle of pills and she flipped the cap off and took her medication it was routine now her illness was getting worse and she hadn't told Logan about it she felt horrible and she took a deep breath. "Logan I also asked you this question because when I die and it will be soon I need to know that there was at least one person in this world that cared for me even if it was only for a little while" she clenched her hands she hated being weak in front of him but she was to tired to care at the moment. She felt stupid for ruining there moment even if it was only for a short time she had pre-paired everything for him to be successful for when he got older and when she was gone she had spent the majority of her life behind the scenes taking care of people when they never realized that she was the one that helped them, this would be the same thing for Logan but he would know that she did all of this. She sighed and then laid down and snuggled up against him holding his hand and she mumbled to him "just forget I ever said anything" her vision was clouded by darkness and she fell into a deep sleep.

As quickly as Logan went into rage, Hannah fell into a deep sleep. She was never fragile, but the way she held onto him was both amusing and concerning. For some reason Logan began to wonder if she knew about the Death Note and the Shinigami. Though if she did then the reaction would be more intense. Unlike other mafia bosses, Logan avoided brothels that plagued the streets. So what could Hannah be suspicious about? He thought deeply about it for the longest time, letting the room's darkness and silence take charge. Slowly a tall figure appeared in the room. It flickered, even in the darkness. Logan frowned with the knowledge that Armonia was here.

"What do you want, Armonia?" Logan grunted.

"Hehehe, not much. It got boring out there, watching those old guys downstairs."

"Ever heard of privacy?" he tried to keep his voice down.

"Of course I have, doesn't mean I'm going to respect it. You should see how many apples they keep in the kitchen! Hopefully they won't notice. Uh... back to the point. It seems that girl there is plotting against you." Armonia theorized.

Immediately Logan tried to throw such an idea out as insane. But the more he thought about it, the more it made sense. Of course he wouldn't act on it, at least for now. But perhaps that might explain Hannah's attitude. Once again Logan couldn't believe it. If she wanted to, she could have poisoned or shot or stabbed him at any time. Armonia's golden teeth moved unnaturally and created a demonic grin.

"Perhaps I should explain further?" the Shinigami went on. "Think about it. This girl seems like the person to kill you in order to get promoted. Her entire family is armed to the teeth, for the sake of evidence."

Logan, feeling disgusted with the conversation, slowly crept out of the bed. He didn't wish to disturb Hannah, who peacefully slept. No longer did Logan want to stay in this house. It felt wrong. He stepped close to Armonia, whose golden reflection allowed him to see. Picking up a note of paper, Logan started to write a note for Hannah when she woke up:

Try not to be mad when you wake up and don't fine me there. There isn't really much I can say, but you seem to be better off without me lately. I am more of a problem when I'm around, after all. Tomorrow starts the old work schedule at the office too. You're going to need a rested mind for school in the morning anyway.

Hannah woke up to an empty bed and a dark room she had figured that he would leave and it didn't surprise her in anyway, Logan wasn't good with a lot of things at once and she should have known that from the start but her weakness got the better of her it seamed and while she sat in her bed she read the note. She burn the note and when it had finished dancing with fire she threw the ashes into the trash can her mind was other places and she did not have the energy to go to school so she just laid in bed curled up. Her mind wondered for some time thinking about her future or what was left of it and how to handel Logan what if questions kept her mind busy for a good while and before she new it it was already noon and she sat up and walked over to her bag that she had brought with her and she took out the death note. She could kill Logan very easily with it and end it all but she wanted to see if she could beat him at his own game, of course it was cheating but it was fair Logan was much better at her in many fields but with this she had an even playing field. Her finger tips skimmed over the the words "death Note" and the took slow deep breaths and decided to take out a few people that she had been meaning to take care of for a long time. She walked over to her desk and picked up a pen and went back to her bed where she sat cross legged with the blanket covering her up to her waist she closed her eyes imagining the worst ways for somebody to die. A idea came to her mind kill every single one of Logans men in a fraction of a second when they were all in the same room or the ones he touched that would get him paranoid. She giggled evilly and thought about Logans right hand man Zack Castero he was one of the best in the business when it came to taking care of business, he was more of a hit man than anything for Logan and he was the best. She took a deep breath and wrote Zack Castero into the death note and next to it heart attack this incident would seem normal since the last time she saw Zack he was 5'3 and weighed over 300 pounds. She giggled thinking about Logans face when he saw the old man fall to the ground dead at his feet and knowing that a life could be taken away so easily made Hannah even more blood lusty. She craved the kill even if it only a single person she loved it, she loved having that advantage over people, deciding who lives and who dies and and knowing that nobody can stop her expect Logan or somebody that has the other death Note if there was one then there had to be more and she had to find those people before they found her even if it means doing things she never would have thought to do.

The sun rose and carried a new morning to the streets of Chicago. It didn't take long for vehicle activity to burst with life. Logan slid his hands into his pockets, walking along with his hood firm on his head. He was walking back to the office with a sense of bitterness. However, Logan began to think of what to name his gang. Several names came to mind, though he favored 'The Devil's Fist' as an appropriate title. Logan chose to leave his gun in Hannah's car; he had plenty more back in the office. Maybe his Thompson Machine Gun was still there. As Logan continued walking, he began to zone out. His walking became rather aimless... lost in thought. This wandering ended when he felt a thud against his body. A very high-pitched voice spoke out.

"Oh I'm very sorry for that, sir!" only now did Logan notice that it was a girl who was speaking. She was wearing a filthy yellow t-shirt and jeans, and her black hair was striking. Logan straightened his back, trying to seem unharmed. He responded with bizarre politeness.

"No trouble. I should have been more careful." nearly a minute went by. The two simply stared and analyzed each other's features. Logan looked into the girl's emerald eyes, contrasting with his own red eyes. The girl blushed profusely.

"I swear this won't happen again mister! Um... my name is Samantha Meier. Just so you know..." Samantha gulped. "I don't have anything to give, but I'll try to make it up somehow--"

Logan interrupted her. "Wait, what? You don't need to give me anything, Samantha. My name is Logan." he extended his left hand towards her. She grabbed onto it slowly, holding with a vice-like grip. Logan ignored the pain as they shook hands. Apparently this girl didn't recognize him as a criminal.

"This is really embarrassing. Do you happen to have any money on you? I'm sort of... um... homeless."

Those few words struck Logan's heart. His first instinct was to give anything he could to this helpless thing, but it felt like someone was watching him. Well, aside from Armonia, who sat alongside building gargoyles. If Hannah were here, she'd get the wrong idea fairly quickly. There was no chance Samantha was older than 16.

"Yeah, sure." Logan pulled out a $10 bill without thinking how much money she needed. "And I'm sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation. Perhaps you'd like a career?" the young gangster smiled as Samantha's eyes brightened with glee. "If you're interested, you can head over to that office building right in front of us at 5:00PM." Logan ended the conversation and continued along the path. He felt no guilt over recruiting a homeless girl into the mafia. Looking back, he saw Samantha run off with the $10 into a grocery store. Whether or not she was actually homeless, Logan could care less about. The door to his workplace opened creakily. His jaw dropped at lightning's pace. On the floor lay Zack Castero, Logan's best friend and chief adviser... dead.

Hannah heard a knock at her door and she quickly moved some of her school books on top of the death note hiding it and she turned her head slightly and then back to her homework and in a soft voice she said "come in" she didn't care who it was but what did bother her was that they had been rude enough to interrupt her while she was playing and that would deserve punishment. She turned her head seeing her father walk into the room in his business suit her father was old but not as old as he appeared to be in front of others years of working out and fighting had caused him to become buff and more built. She smiled at him sweetly when he walked in and moved over to her bed where he sat down tracing his fingertips over the silk that covered her bead. He seemed to be distracted entranced by the design on the silk that moved all around her bed but in a instant his eyes snapped over to Hannah and they looked mad, Hannah gulped and she took a deep breath "how may I help you father" her voice was weak and it quivered with each word that she spoke. "You didn't go to school today" he paused for a second as his eyes examined her "you aren't sick, and your not hurt so why didn't you go to school?" Hannah stood up and she walked over to her father and she touched his shoulder with her fingertips softly "I'm sorry father yesterday was a very long day and I just over slept I will go tomorrow I promise please don't be mad at me I didn't mean to disappoint you sometimes people just need breaks." His eyes narrowed and he slaps her hard his fist colliding with her fragile body over and over again he had a short temper and he was seeing red which drowned out his daughters screams.

When he came back around he moved away seeing hannah on the ground not moving a pool of blood surrounded her she had disobeyed him and this was her consequence nobody disobeyed him ever she was lucky that he hadn't ripped out her tongue or worse. He reached down and pressed two fingers to her neck feeling a pulse to make sure that she was still alive he left the room leaving Hannah a bloody mess. Hannah slowly sat up after hearing the door slam close she couldn't take it anymore living with him she didn't even care about cleaning up she needed a safe place to go so she grabbed a bag and packed up some cloths and she looked over at her death note and bit her lip trying to figure out what to do with it she picked it up and put it in one of her thicker textbooks and hurried out of her room to her car. She got in ignoring the pain that was taking over her body and she drove as fast as she could to Logans work and she parked in the pack where two of his men helped her out one each grabbing her arm and taking her to Logan. The older one with dark brown hair and green eyes lead her to his office where he sat her down in a chair and hurried out to go search for Logan. Hannah sat there shaking her father had never beat her this badly before and she was scared she was so so scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.