Dear John Letter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damien nodded in understanding. "Makes sense, I don't think I'll be going to those anytime soon though." He said with a shrug. "Are there any good places for art classes? My doctor said it might be good to do something with my hands, it might help with them."

"Understandable." Jess said, moving on from that. He asked about art classes and she nodded. "There's an art gallery a few streets over, they have classes." She said, changing her course so they could walk towards the business in question.

"Are you any good at art?" He asked, following her. Damien didn't want to take the class alone and with a woman... Well people wouldn't look at him as weird.

She shook her head sadly. "I'm absolutely horrendous at it. I got pity grades in high school art." She said with a laugh. "And what about you?" She asked, quirking a brow and glancing over at him.

"I've never taken a class in it. When I was little I used to like to color, but that's about it." He said with a laugh. "Maybe you should take a class then, you could learn something from it, and keep an eye on me."

"Same basic principle, right?" She said easily, figuring it was similar. "I can't tell if you're honestly worried about your behavior or if you're going to use me as an excuse to take an art class." She said, stopping herself from lightly bumping her shoulder against his teasingly, unsure how he'd react to that.

Damien shrugged. "A little bit of both probably, but I'm not the one with the PhD here." He said, looking around to try to memorize the street. " but if I make a fool of myself, I'd like someone else to be there to laugh with me."

"Hmm. I'll consider it if you pick a decent class. I'm not taking something lame." She told him easily, glancing over at him again before she opened the door to the gallery. "After you." She said with an unnecessary flourish.

He was suprised that she agreed so easily, he had assumed it was against some code. "We can look at them now if you want, see what you think would be good to do." Damien suggested, looking around the place. It seemed nice, a relaxing area.

She didn't know what the expectancies in partaking in classes with patients were, but seeing as this was just a class, she figured they were fine. This wasn't a date or anything, she'd be fine. "Sounds fine by me." She told him, walking to the desk and taking a list, returning to him.

Damien waited for her, staying near the door so he could leave if needed. When she came back he looked at the list. "Ah... Most seem invloved, I'm not partial to any really. It's up to you."

She looked at him dryly when he told her it was up to her. "Nope. This was your idea, pick a class." Jess didn't think that was really asking too much. She shifted her gaze back to the list, reading over them easily. Kids classes, crafts, drawing, painting. They seemed to have it all.

"Now that doesn't make sense does it? You said you would only do it if I picked a decent one. Now I'm saying you can choose and you don't want to. I think you need to make up your mind on what you want. You're giving mixed signals." Damien told her.

She rolled her eyes. "Fine," she said with a huff, and randomly pointed. "This one. If you're okay with it, that is." She said, looking down at the one she decided on. Maybe it wasn't the best choice, but she wouldn't let him know that.

"Pottery?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. "I guess that could work, just don't expect anything pretty out of it. I don't think it will work out that well." Damien said with a soft laugh. "You don't have an appointments during that time or anything right?"

She grinned at him. "I think between the two of us we aren't expecting to make something pretty. It's an experience thing." She teased. "So when you're old and your kids are like 'dad what did you do when you were younger?' You can tell them that you took a pottery class that one time."

Damien frowned at the mention of children. "I'm not going to have any children." He said simply, his eyes hazing over. "I don't plan on bringing life into the world. It isn't something I want to do."

She nodded, looking up from the pottery description for the class. "Makes sense. I really didn't mean anything by it though. It was a joke." She said softly, hoping she hadn't managed to offend him in some way.

Damien just shrugged and stared rubbing his hand again. "Whatever, it doesn't matter. I should get back to Jax, he needs a walk before it gets dark." He muttered, looking towards the door.

She'd managed to mess up the comfortable conversation and he was now taking his leave. "Yeah, okay. I'm going to sign up for this class. Do you want me to put your name on the list?" She offered, figuring that she would give him his opportunity to take off.

Status
Not open for further replies.