Dead Beat

"A few shows? Like what- singing, puppetry, sleight-of-hand?" Rebecca was rather surprised- Manara didn't seem the type to be an artist. Guess you never really know.

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
"Depends on the area really, sleight of hand and other normal things for places that don't allow magic... And for placed that do... Well you can make some pretty amazing looking things with illusions".
She declared.

"A place where they don't frown on magic? Sounds like my kind of town!" Rebecca declared. But the sun was getting lower in the sky, and the necromancer was definitely not a night owl. She drew her cloak around her tight- it was not going to be the best of nights, although the true chill of winter was a ways off yet. "Now, though it seems to be getting time to sleep, or at least get what sleep we can."

"Yeah... There aren't many places near here like that though, this country as a whole is pretty terrified of anything they see as being even slightly different, and magic is a little more than slightly..."
She explained, wrapping her own cloak around herself, though it was a fair bit lighter and clearly made for warmer climates.
"True enough... I doubt anyone will find us here, so a watch is not necessary".

The next morning dawned to a chilly rain. Not the kind of weather anyone would actually be looking forward to, but Rebecca was up and about none the less. She gently tapped her traveling companion on the shoulder to rouse her. "Come on, Manara, get up. We should get moving if we want to make it to town before nightfall. One night on the road is occasionally alright, but I'd much rather sleep in a proper bed."

Manara was apparently halfway awake already, likely roused by the drops of rain trickling down through the canopy and landing on her face.
"Ehh... Yeah, a proper bed sounds divine~"
She declared, climbing to her feet and donning her cloak.
"So, you have any particular destination in mind?"
She asked.

"If we continue down this road, we should reach Greenford in the evening. It's bigger than Willowby, a proper town, with a decent marketplace and some small docks. We can probably work to pay for a boat passage downriver. Shall we continue?"

"Yeah, even if it was a little out of the way I would still wanna go... It's been days since I last had a soft bed... Too bad I left my bedroll behind in town..."
She replied, letting out a sigh, at least she still had a little money left, enough to buy some supplies... They WOULD need to work though, and she wasn't sure what her new companion' s skills were other than raising the dead and clothes making, though either one did have moneymaking potential..."

"Then let us move along," Rebecca said, taking the lead and setting off at a brisk pace. She turned to Manara and commented, "Sometime you're going to have to teach me illusions- it seems like a fascinating skill."

She followed along, nodding when she was asked to teach her, Rebecca was far from the first to ask her to do so, and would likely not be the last, however she had to disappoint her.
"As fun as that would be... I don't think I can, I have tried to teach others but my methods never seem to work, whether I am just an odd case of they didn't have an aptitude is unknown to me though".

"Ah, well. And I don't think you'd be much interested in raising the dead, but the offer's always available." By the early afternoon, the pair had reached Greenford. The place wasn't quite bustling, but it was certainly bigger than Willowby. "Can you think of anything you need at the market, Manara?"

"Yeah, respecting the dead is one belief I mostly share with the rest of my kind, though of course, I don't really care what other people do, never been big on making other people think like I do... Cause that would just be boring!"
She declared, and attempted to make small talk as they neared town, talking about whatever came to mind, which wasn't much to be honest, but she knew how to stretch a subject.

She felt a tiny bit out of place among the more crowded town, having stuck to small villages and farmsteads for quite a while while she moved through less magic accepting lands.
"Hmm... Well I had to leave most of my equipment behind, I need more clothes, some better shoes, a weapon, food, medical supplies... Hmm, Maybe we should look for a way to earn more money, this could be expensive".
She suggested.