Darkest Light

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kana listened to her explanations in silence and he studied each scar with a neutral expression that would do nothing whatsoever to conceal the raging emotions underneath his facade. He felt anger, a deep killing rage that he could not release and so he kept it suppressed, but it was there. He hated the men who'd touched her, who'd hurt her and Kana actively had to fight the desire to reach out and lay Elidi down, to trace and kiss each scar that marred her body and tell her how brave and beautiful she was. He wanted to hold her close and take all the bad memories away, but he couldn't even risk touching her cheek out here in the open.

And he really wasn't allowed the kind of intimate contact he wanted to perform anyway. Her father and brothers would probably want to kill him for even thinking such thoughts...

The Dark Elf distantly had to wonder if all this was being transferred through the bond as most of their emotions were, but his mind was more on the here and now, and comforting, reassuring Elidi as he could. His gold eyes came back up to meet her own and he took her hand, a gesture that could be seen as one friend comforting another but was so much more as his gaze was set ablaze with love for his Light Elf.

"You are beautiful and brave, and whatever you did to get those scars, I am proud of you."

The Light Princess wanted to do the same thing as Kana ever since she realized she loved him. To kiss each scar and skim over them with her fingers like she could erase them, while telling the Dark Elf how much she loved him and how amazing he was... well, it would have to happen some other time. Her hand brushed against his for a few lingering seconds, a calming effect about her as she felt his rage deep in her chest.

When their eyes met again and he took her hand, the gaze he held in his eyes melted her soul and she almost cried at his words, restraining herself greatly not to take him in her arms and kiss his angelic lips.

"And I am the same of you," Elidi responded, her eyes returning his love just as deeply. And then she mouthed that she loved him, no one looking at the direction she was facing, before smiling. She wanted to spend the rest of her life with this man, this brave and strong and beautiful Dark Elf.

Kana wanted to drown in Elidi's eyes in those few minutes, finding that the idea of being consumed by what felt like the Sun itself was not such a bad idea. He felt warm on the inside, a pleasant warmth that didn't harm him in the slightest. It was simply happiness, love and Kana only realized the risk he was taking by letting himself fall so deeply into her gaze, into her when he started to lean forward.

A sharp noise from Eluchon in the shadows made him jerk back, jump really and Kana came back to awareness with a hiss of pain. His stomach told him that it hated him and he was inclined to agree at the moment. Damn, that had hurt!

The Dark Elf sighed out slowly and looked back at Elidi with a slightly sheepish expression. "I think I should probably get back to bed now." And the fact that he was admitting such a thing spoke volumes for how uncomfortable that nasty reminder had been. The Dark Elf shot Eluchon a half grateful, half accusing look when the Light Elf came back out of the shadows and the guard only smiled a little and looked toward Elidi, bowing his head respectfully. "I shall get him back to the tent, Princess." He helped Kana up and the Dark Elf held in his complaints that he wasn't an invalid, actually appreciating the help more than he felt he could say right now.

Eluchon hesitated before taking any kind of step away and instead looked directly at his Princess, meeting her eyes and speaking very low. "If you decide you would like to stay close together tonight, I will gladly stand guard, Princess." With that he dipped his head, hoping he'd not made too great an assumption.

The two opposites had been lost in each other's eyes, and for a moment, they were leaning forward, faces coming closer and closer to each other until there was a sharp noise from the shadows and Elidi also jumped back before laughing at everyone, including herself. The hiss from Kana made her want him to go back to bed and Elidi gave a thankful look to Eluchon.

She looked back to her love when he said he should go back to bed and she nodded in agreement, smiling a bit as he shot his own look to the Light Guard. She bowed her head to him respectfully back, standing as she figured the two males were about to move, but Eluchon had looked back to the Princess, his voice low as he offered to stand guard if her and Ekanath wanted to stay close. She froze a bit at his suggestion, looking between Kana and Eluchon before she grinned, eyes bright as the golden orbs watched the Light Guard lead the Dark Prince away.

Though she really wanted to, Elidi wasn't sure if staying in the same room was a great idea. After all, someone could go looking for her in her tent. But then she realized Eluchon could always warn her about it and then stall the person since her and Kana's tents were so closed. Smiling and finally making her decision, the Princess went to go eat dinner with her father and brother.

Kana said nothing as we was helped back to the tent, but once he was in bed again, he spoke before Eluchon could move away. "I have no dishonorable intentions toward Elidi." It was said quietly, but gold eyes stared hard into blue and Eluchon smiled a little, reassuring, but quite serious all at the same time.

"I know. I would not have offered what I did if I thought you were anything less than up to par with our own Crown Prince. I trust that any elf willing to go through what you have is worthy of our Princess."

The Prince studied the Light Elf and he couldn't help but ask his next question. "Even though I am a Dark Elf?" Fifty years had created a dual personality in Kana - one that was proud of his people, proud to be their Prince and as he was...and another part that looked down upon himself for being a lesser species...or at least that was what he'd been told day in and day out.

Eluchon simply looked at him for a long minute and finally he spoke, almost reaching out to touch Kana's shoulder before thinking better of it as the Prince's body tensed. He settled for shaking his head. "Even if you are a Dark Elf. I no longer see you as such, Ekanath, but as a courageous comrade who risked everything to bring something dear back to a people who needed her. There is no skin-tone or racial identity in that, my friend. You deserve her and she you if you make each other happy."

The guard left then because it was clear that Kana had lost the ability to speak, completely stunned really at Eluchon's honesty and he found himself not curling quite as tightly as he drifted into light sleep.

Reactions: catalyst
After having a hearty dinner with the Light King and one of the Light Princes, the Light Princess along with several guards and warriors all talked for a good hour or two before the elves began to yawn. Elidi kissed her father and brother goodnight and went to her own tent, changing into a pair of pajamas and brushing through her hair to pass the time. After most people were settled in their own tents, Elidi made her way to Ekanath's tent, greeting Eluchon as she neared and smiling at him sincerely. After thanking him and he moved aside, the female ducked inside the Dark Elf's tent, a sense of excitement rolling through her body but also a sense of comfort and warmth.

Kana had slept fitfully, his mind verging on nightmares that he quickly awoke from. He felt drained and exhausted already, and every time he heard a noise outside he wondered if perhaps it was Elidi. He wanted her with him, wanted her near because the last time they'd thought they were safe - in her very home - she'd been taken from him and his mind refused to settle now that it was dark, now that he could actually stay awake long enough to worry.

He hadn't gotten enough sleep - and he wasn't hungry as of yet - but he'd gotten just enough for his paranoia to use against him. And Kana wasn't at all sure whether he didn't have a reason to be on alert about this. He wasn't going to lose her again.

So it was that when the Light Elf finally entered the tent, Kana was awake and he relaxed upon seeing her, the worry and fear fading from his system. He smiled softly and sat up, gesturing for her to come forward and sit on the bed with him, not daring to speak above a whisper when she was close to him and his hand palmed her cheek, thumb caressing her soft skin.

"You came." Part of him had wondered if she would, but he was incredibly glad that she had.

Elidi wanted to be near Kana just as much as he wanted to be near her. She would be lying if she said she wasn't afraid anymore; she knew the goblins were completely taken care of, but that didn't mean all of their followers were gone and that she couldn't be taken again. It also feared her that Kana would be taken again as well, but she tried to remain positive.

The Princess smiled as she saw Ekanath lying on his bed, sitting up when he realized she was there. She came to him when beckoned, the smile still on her face as she sat down next to him, his thumb caressing her cheek. She put her hand up to his, holding his cooler temperature (though it was warmer than it should be for him) there.

"Yes," she whispered back softly. "How could I not?" It felt right to be there with him, to be close and feeling their skin against one another.

Kana had many answers to that question, not the least of which being her father and her brothers and whether or not maybe she'd worried about his intentions - after all, they'd never never slept together in any sense of the term - but the Dark Elf said nothing of this, said nothing of anything he was thinking on the topic as he simply smiled. His fingers were happy to be trapped under her own and Kana leaned toward Elidi to kiss her softly.

Her taste was intoxicating, addictive and he'd missed it greatly. He'd missed looking at her and hearing her laugh, seeing her smile. He'd missed her soft touch and her sharp wit, the compassion and kindness that just seemed to radiate from her in waves. He'd missed his Light Elf, everything about her and Kana poured that longing and happiness to have her back into the kiss as he slid his hand from her cheek to behind her head, his other arm slipping about her waist and pulling her closer. When he pulled back, he nipped her lip gently, enough to sting but not enough to truly hurt and then kissed her once more before departing completely.

And then Kana looked startled by his own actions. They'd been instinctive and he stuttered out...well, it wasn't really an apology...he just sort of stuttered. "I...I didn't..um, I...it was...I didn't intend..." he trailed off, not sure what to say and unsure how she'd react and so he fell silent, only risking a look up at Elidi's face after a moment. He hadn't released his hold on her waist in the least.

Even Elidi knew the many answers to her own question but none of them mattered right here and right now, for when she was with Kana, she was at her happiest state. As he leaned forward and their lips met in a soft clash, she smiled through it and slowly wrapped her arms around his neck. Oh, she had missed him so much. And to think that he had been dead that entire time... feeling him like this, their bond stronger than ever, Elidi was in a complete state of bliss.

Her mind was racing with her love, every single thought about them as their lips continued to meld together and Kana's strong hands went to the back of her head and the other pulling her closer to him. It made a small rush go through her and if she was intoxicating... by the stars, Kana made her feel like she was on cloud nine. She loved him. She loved him so much and she never wanted to let him go even if she was becoming selfish. Because to her, the Dark Elf was her everything.

When he pulled back and nipped her lip, she inhaled sharply; it was just out of surprise, the bite not hurting that much at all, and when she opened her eyes, she saw that even the male was surprised by his actions. As he stuttered, trying to say that he hadn't meant to, she smiled warmly and a hand moved from the back of his neck to cup his cheek. "It's okay," she assured quietly, giggling a little bit. "It's okay." Her gaze was warm and confident and soft, and she slowly leaned in for another kiss, the golden pair looking between his eyes and his lips until they finally met again, her hand running down his jaw to his neck and then finally resting on his chest.

She was laughing softly. She wasn't mad, was telling him that he was fine and Kana felt a smile pull at his lips, his affection for the female before him only increasing. When mouths joined again, he felt as if sparks had ignited behind his eyes and her fingers left ice in their wake as the crystals formed on his skin. When her palm found his chest, it was Kana's turn to gasp sharply, feeling a rush of cold roll through his body, his skin feeling like it was tingling.

The Dark Elf looked at Elidi then and grinned in a confident way as he captured her lips again in a much more passionate kiss, pulling her closer. One of hands found its way under her shirt and Kana's fingers discovered the scarring on Elidi's lower back, tracing the slightly raised marks with a feather-light touch, leaving a trail of cold in his wake, the ice at his fingertips a caress all its own. His power tamed for no one but Elidi and now it wished to comfort her in some way.

And Kana was not inclined to control it as of yet, his emotions too high on the Light Elf he held so securely and kissed with such love.

Elidi opened her eyes as she felt the ice trail underneath her fingers, and when Kana gasped, she looked down to his chest where she was touching. Looking back up to him, the Princess returned his grin, happy that she could provide cold relief for him in the heat. And when their lips crashed together into something much more passionate, she found herself smiling even then, shivering at the touches as he trailed the scars on her back. She shivered because his touch was so soothing, and the cold that it left was anything but uncomfortable. His cold was something she grew to love.

The Light Elf's arms found their way around the Dark Elf's back, wrapping around his waist and bringing him closer - if that was even possible. After being away from him for so long, after a week of believing he was dead, Elidi could not help the way she clung to him, the way her hands slipped under Ekanath's own shirt and lovingly ran over each centimeter of his back like she was memorizing a map of all the curves and bumps and scars of his fleshy terrain.

Her touch left streaks of fire over his skin, but Kana didn't burn and if he could come to love any heat, it was the kind Elidi ignited with her fingers and her palms. When she touched him, he didn't feel the need to shrink away, didn't feel any shame or self-loathing. He simply felt loved and needed, wanted and the Dark Elf groaned quietly against Elidi's lips, his hands sliding up from her lower back without pause.

Some semblance of self-control tapped him on the shoulder - okay, more like smacked him over the head - though and the Prince made himself pull back from the Princess, his breathing having grown slightly ragged and frost exiting his mouth as he rested his forehead on her own and he slowly let his hands slip back down to her lower back and then around to her hips. His thumbs traced circles over her skin, but they didn't move further than that.

"I love you."

Kana spoke the words softly, moving his hand up to tuck her hair behind her ear, looking into her eyes with a fond smile. "But I would like to remain alive and if...if I don't stop now....then I won't want to and your father will kill me." It was said lightly, but still rang with truth and Kana felt she should know it as his fingers grazed her cheek. "I do not want to dishonor you."

Elidi didn't mind the hands that ran up her back at all as she found herself beginning to get lost in the moment. But Ekanath had pulled back, both their breathing a bit ragged and she closed her eyes as he rested his forehead against hers, slowly opening them when his hands slid back down to their original spot and then to her hips, his thumbs tracing soft circles on her skin that made her chest swell with warmth.

She smiled when he told her he loved her and her eyes met his as he tucked her hair behind her pointed ear. At his next words, she laughed a bit, nuzzling her forehead gently against his. He was such a good man.

"Kana, there is no way you could ever dishonor me," she informed sincerely. "But, if you would like to wait until our families know of us, then we can do that. Maybe it would be better if we could... do it without worrying and in our own privacy," she said a bit shyly.

Kana smiled at her words and he kissed her nose gently, before pressing a light kiss to her lips. His fingers ran through her hair lovingly before he laid back and pulled her with him, nestling her into his side and resting his head against her own. He looked down, lacing their fingers together and after a long moment of contemplation, he spoke. "Perhaps we should wait until we are married."

The Dark Elf's hand tightened a little on Elidi's and he looked down at her, anticipating her head moving up to look at him, perhaps in shock, perhaps in happiness. He didn't know which it would be at his words. But his eyes met her gold ones and Kana searched her gaze, speaking firmly, but softly. "I love you and I can not imagine spending a life without you by my side. I would like to marry you, Elidi."

The hand that wasn't holding her own traced against her back again and Kana let her absorb that. It was soon, but then, so was the depth of the love they felt for one another. He would not ask her to marry him immediately....but...

Kana smiled down at her, hopeful. "Would that be amendable to you? Will you marry me?"

• Love
Reactions: catalyst
Elidi scrunched her nose playfully when it was kissed, and kissed Ekanath back when their lips met lightly. She sighed happily as they laid down next to one another, her body laying and huddled against his side. Her golden eyes looked down as well when their fingers interlocked and she wondered what he was thinking about, what was going on in his mind since he hadn't yet answered her. But she had learned patience through all her lively years and would wait for him unless it was clear that he wasn't going to speak.

When he did speak, she didn't say anything for a second, feeling him look down at her while her eyes kept to their hands. But strangely, she was not shocked, or even a little surprised. She looked up at him, their faces extremely close and she could feel his breath against her upper lip. What he said next made her entire chest happily swell as she inhaled a deep breath, a wide smile slowly creeping on her face as her whole body began to feel tingly. Marrying Kana. Oh, she absorbed that idea fully, already picturing what it would be like, and when he spoke again, officially asking her to marry him, Elidi couldn't even speak. She was so incredibly happy; it felt like her heart was going to explode while her body was flushed with warmth and joy, bubbly and tingling sensations. So she leaned forward and kissed him wholeheartedly, smiling as she did so, and finally finding the words in her fuzzy mind when she pulled back after a few long seconds.

"Yes! Yes, I will marry you. Sevidh i veleth nîn, annon 'ûr nîn angin. You have my love, I give you my heart," she said happily. "I love you, Prince Ekanath."

Reactions: Kaisaan
Kana laughed, joy flooding through his heart at her answer and he pulled Elidi to him, kissing her again, murmuring endearments in his native tongue against her lips, her nose, her cheeks, forehead, chin as he peppered her with adoration. He felt at peace, happier than he'd been in a long time and Kana drew back to look at Elidi again, gold eyes shining into her own. "I love you, my little sunbeam."

He kissed her again before settling once more and running his fingers through her hair. The Dark Elf felt contentment come over him and along with it weariness. His body was ready for sleep and his mind, now happy, was ready to take its cues from his exhausted flesh. Kana sighed out deeply, his breath frosting in the air and he smiled a little at the coolness, curling protectively around Elidi, his fingers brushing over her nose gently.

"Go to sleep, love. I will be here when you wake."

The female joined in with his laughing, her own laughter soft and happy before their lips joined again. His soothing and loving voice in his native tongue kindled the love for him in her heart even more and she closed her eyes as she was vocally adorned with his affections and adoration. She only opened them when he drew back and she squeezed his hand lightly. "I love you too," she promised, her golden eyes overwhelmed with how much she truly cherished the man holding her.

Elidi kissed Kana back, humming happily as they settled with one another, her eyes admiring his face though she knew they were both tired. She felt safe and secure in his arms, right, and most of all loved. When told to go to sleep, she smiled and kissed his hand one last time before closing her eyes, breathing through her nose to inhale his scent, her body and mind drifting to sleep much easier than they had in a long, long time.

-----

The next three days were spent tending to the wounded and moving at a slow pace back toward Eromas. The army was not in any sort of rush and the wounded were not strained, Kana among them. His stomach no longer felt so tender, though, sharp movements brought discomfort and when Darkstep butted him in the torso, he thought he'd pass out right then and there, his only saving grace being Eluchon.

The guard had taken to shadowing him again, but this time Ekanath knew it wasn't because the Prince was a prisoner. The Light Elf just seemed to care and he also seemed...concerned. Kana often caught him looking pensive, worried about something as he watched the Dark Elf, but he would never give voice to what he was thinking and Kana was distracted enough that he let it be and didn't question more than once or twice.

His focus was on Elidi most the time, making sure he always knew where she was, that she was safe and the rest of the time, Kana was actively working against panic attacks. He knew no one meant any threat to him, but it didn't stop him from jumping at loud noises or avoiding touch whenever possible. He didn't like being cornered and he stayed far away from any fire. At night, in the time between going to lay down and waiting for Elidi, he battled brief nightmares.

And hovering above all that was the voice that told him he needed to speak with Elidi's father. The longer they kept this from everyone, the more risk they had of being caught. Such a thought ran through Kana's mind now as he slowly saddled Darkstep, preparing to ride again. It felt too early to Kana, but his sleep schedule was completely shot and he doubted he'd ever get it back to normal.

Elidi spent the next three days tending the wounded (including a few horses), helping pack and gather things, and moving with the army back to Eromas. It was a slow pace, but nobody was in any rush. Ekanath's stab mark healed a bit more and Elidi was thankful that it wasn't incredibly tender anymore, though she felt a bit guilty for his sleep schedule being shot. She was also thankful for Eluchon's secrecy and loyalty to them; she noticed the way he shadowed her love, but it was friendly and out of the purest intentions. She knew the Light Guard would be a great friend to them in the future as he had been these last few days.

But, like Kana, Elidi also knew that she needed to tell her father and brother soon about her and the Dark Prince's relationship, though she knew Hasterien wasn't at folly of their love even if he didn't say anything about it. She would rather tell all of her family together, but sleeping with Ekanath almost every night had its risks, and the longer it continued, the more riskier it became of someone finding them.

Saddling her own horse, which was a strong and playful stallion Pinto named PlayScout, she looked to the King who was ruling over a decision with one of the generals. Then she looked to Ekanath who was saddling Darkstep and she wondered how long they should wait to tell Thorontur. She quickly finished saddling and patted PlayScout before walking over towards her secret love, greeting him with a smile.

"When do you think we should tell him?" she asked quietly, knowing he'd fully understand her even if she didn't elaborate. They hadn't really talked about telling yet, but she didn't want her father finding out about them through someone else besides her or Kana.

Status
Not open for further replies.