Darkest Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
(( Why would it be awkward? Double marriages between families happen all the time. :) ))

Kana felt like he might fly in that moment and he grinned, thanking the King profusely for his positive decision. He and Elidi spent more time with her family then until it grew late into the night. Everyone eventually departed for bed, though, and Kana thought he'd never get over the joy of being able to hold Elidi's hand as they walked down the hall, to pull her close to him at random places and just kiss her as they made their way back toward their rooms.

It was decided that since Kana's room was, well...totaled for a lack of a better word, he stay with Elidi. Of course, neither of them made this known to anyone else as technically he should have not have been in her bedchambers even if they were betrothed, but it was a fact nonetheless. When they entered the room, Kana sank down in a chair, putting his head in his hands, white hair all around him as he'd not bothered to pull it back, but far from being sad, he was overwhelmed with how happy he felt.

His voice was muffled by his hands when he spoke, but it was still clear enough for Elidi to hear. "They said yes. They really said... My family can come. My family...here..." His mind still felt boggled by that simple fact. His family was welcome here and this would be a true step toward peace. Kana already had his freedom. Perhaps now...his people might, too?

(( Oh, I know haha. I just didn't know how you'd feel about it. :P ))

After spending time with the family until it grew late at night, Elidi and Kana decided to stay in Elidi's room since his own was... messy. They kept this part of their relationship in secret, though, both knowing that it would technically be wrong to be in each other's rooms since they weren't married yet.

Once they were in her room, Elidi watched her love as he sat down in a chair and put his head in his hands. She moved to him, standing by his side as she ran her fingers through his hair gently, playing with the white strands as he spoke. She smiled and leaned down to kiss his head before playing with his hair again, looking at him only with love and pride.

"I think it'd be good for my family to visit Dynasha as well," she voiced. Maybe once her and Kana were married, their families could visit each other twice a year? Her mother and his mother possibly becoming friends again made her feel hopeful and happy. "I would like to receive your family's blessing, too..."

(( I feel that it's perfectly fine! Let the double pairings begin! Mwahahahaa! ))

Kana groaned softly, appreciatively as her fingers worked over his scalp, ran through his hair and he found his entire body shifting to lean against hers without even thinking about it. His eyes stayed closed and a smile curved his lips. He was still happy, very much so, but incredibly tired again, too and her fingers worked their usual magic of helping him relax completely. At her words, he opened his eye and looked up slightly, reaching up to take one of her hands gently.

"They will love you, Elidi. My mother and sister already adore you and Itaete, you kept your promise to him and you will forever be worthy for that in his eyes. As for Sefarana and my father, they might be a bit reserved about it, but they want to see me happy and you make me happy." he assured her, knowing his family well enough to gauge their reactions. The only thing they would be unsure about was where Kana would end up - Sanesia or Dynasha?

Still, that would be settled with time as would deciding where the wedding would be held...when it would be held, whether the Dark Elves would be allowed to be free, whether Kana would inherit his father's throne... Yes, there were many things to be decided but right now, Kana was more focused on Elidi's wonderful fingers and how tired he suddenly was. He could probably fall asleep in the chair...

Last edited:
(( /laughs evilly with. >:D ))

Elidi wasn't too worried about Kana's family. Mostly, she was just nervous. But as he took her hand in his and reassured her with how he knew his family would react, she smiled and nodded. She also wondered about the wedding; when it would be held, where it would be, if it would be more private or if it'd be celebrated by the kingdom(s). But, she knew it'd all be discussed soon enough and and she smiled at her sleepy wolf.

"Come on, love. Let's get you to bed," she said as she stood in front of him, grabbing his hands and tugging on them lightly to get him to comply. She was very happy and knew she'd sleep soundly that night, and she hoped her love would as well.

Kana grumbled in mild protest at moving, but when he was finally curled around Elidi, holding her back against his chest and his nose buried in her hair, he found some movement was more than worth it. He whispered how much he loved Elidi as they both drifted off and this time no nightmares dared to encroach upon Kana's mind. He was too happy, too content with the female he loved in his arms for bad things to plague him tonight.

----------

A month later saw Kana mending. During the day, when Elidi was called away for various things, the Dark Elf found he could not escape his Eluchon-sized shadow. The guard followed him everywhere and Kana no longer minded at this point. Eluchon was one of the people he now trusted explicitly and Hasterien was a close second. Ascal...he was still nervous around, but more often than not he found himself opening up a bit more around the older Prince, understanding better Ascal's teasing and not so jumpy around him.

There were things that set him off, though, and some were predictable, but others were not. Kana had taken to helping around where he could whether it be with building efforts, babysitting children for their parents (and he was actually surprised and honored that they let him), helping the servants with various chores and anything else to keep busy. With that increase in activity, though, came more chances for triggers. Guards were an obvious one and Kana froze up and seemed to try and disappear whenever any approached him specifically. Loud noises, the crack of a whip being used on a horse-carriage, fire in any form, the clinking of chains, the smell of blood....Kana was almost tempted not to go anywhere at all, but between Elidi and Eluchon, he was encouraged to face each thing as it came and so he did his best.

Now, though, now he was pacing at the top of the stairs in front of the palace, his eyes searching every few seconds down the road in anticipation. His family was to arrive today and Kana was jittery with excitement, with nerves.

Last edited:
A month passed and Elidi was proud of her mate's accomplishments. The mending was slow, but Kana was surely recovering and making the best of everything. She spent as much time with him as he could, but since she was officially back, she had important matters to attend to almost every day. Such as tending to the sick and wounded, making sure to spend time with the townspeople, and other Princess orders. But she found that since her and the Dark Elf were no longer a secret, it made up for the time she couldn't spend with him.

Eluchon also stayed as a great friend, and was still growing in becoming closer to both the Light Princess and Dark Prince. When Elidi wasn't there, he always made sure to keep an eye on Ekanath, make sure he felt comfortable in his surroundings and if he didn't, then the guard would egg him on, encourage him to do his best with what he had.

But now, Kana's family was on their way and were supposed to be arriving that day. Elidi was watching Ekanath pace and she couldn't help but chuckle a little bit. She was nervous too, but she would be very happy to see his family and to finally tell them in person of their news. After watching him for a little while, the female elf moved to his pacing side and snuggled her hand into his own, smiling as he looked at her.

"They're going to be here any second, you know," she stated the obvious and giggled a little bit before leaning in to kiss his cheek. She opened her mouth to say something more but was interrupted a deep voice that belonged to a Light Guard, the man running up and bowing to them respectively. "Your Highness," he began. "Prince Ekanath, your family as arrived." And then he turned, allowing them to see the court yard that would soon be filled by Kana's family.

Her hand in his made him still and Kana looked down at her in amusement as she kissed his cheek. He would have responded, too, but the trumpet sounded and his head snapped up, watching. His family rode into the courtyard then, their own guards fanning out around them - and frankly a lot of them looked a bit wilted by the heat - and before any introductions could be made, before any of the adults could dismount, Nayali was already sliding from her dancing horse and sprinting toward the stairs.

"KANA!!"

The cry was joyous, innocent and Kana broke away from Elidi to go swiftly down the stairs and meet his sister, scooping her up and spinning her around as she giggled with laughter and hugged him tightly when he stopped. She started chattering away in her native tongue then as Kana set her down and the next person to envelope him in a hug was Itaete, his brother beaming from ear to ear. "We heard of your granted freedom, brother! We look forward to you coming home."

Kana opened his mouth to reply, but didn't get the chance as his father greeted him nearly as enthusiastically as Nayali had and the Dark Elf found he didn't mind, smiling, at ease with his family. His mother and Sefarana were the only two who didn't practically tackle him, Sefarana because it wasn't in her nature and Letinia because she was making her way up toward Elidi, intent on greeting her while everyone else was distracted. She smiled at the Light Princess and then pulled her into a gentle hug.

"It is good to see you once more, Elidi."

Elidi let Kana pull away as his family rode into the courtyard along with their guards, who, in fact, looked a bit frail by the heat. But Nayali was darling and the Light Princess found herself smiling as her and her older brother rejoiced, happy that their family could meet again. She watched from the top of the steps, her heart pounding at steady pace as the oldest Dark Prince was fluffed with hugs and joyous chatter.

The Queen was walking up the steps, though, and Elidi turned her attention to Letinia as she smiled in welcome. It felt good to be in the Queen's hug. "And the same to you," she replied back lightly, pulling back after a few seconds with a smile to her face. "It's good to see all of you, really."

The King and Queen of Sanesia, however, were making their way outside and at glance of her old friend, Nakiasha felt a tug at her heart and once they were near enough, she opened her arm to invite Letinia in for a hug that was much needed over the years.

Letinia smiled, an expression of old fondness, new happiness and tears of regret as she embraced Nakiasha wholeheartedly. She had dearly missed her friend and to be together again, it was much hoped for. She pulled back just a little to look at the Light Queen and held Nakiasha's hands firmly in her own. "It is so good to see you, Naki. I missed you." she said softly as if the years have never happened.

Kana had watched the interaction with a smile and he looked to his father then, raising a brow and Ishan seemed to really debate for a long moment as he looked up at Thorontur. Their fathers had fought, been bitter enemies and that had been heaped on them when they inherited their thrones. The war had been ugly and brutal and the Light King had won fifty years ago. Since then...they had not seen each other, had not spoken except in formal letters.

Whether or not the two Kings could get along was really the crux of this situation and Kana watched and then followed as his father went up the stairs. The Prince moved to Elidi's side, nearly holding his breath as his father came before Thorontur, the two staring at one another before the Dark King....extended his hand. His voice was uncharacteristically serious and quiet. "Thank you for granting my son his freedom. You have done my family a great service."

Nothing even got the chance to be awkward as Nayali suddenly popped up in front of her father, between the two Kings and she extended her own small hand. "I'm Princess Nayali. I like your hair. It's like my brother's." she said with a sincere smile.

Kana couldn't help when he started to laugh and tried to stifle the sound.

Nakiasha smiled happily, tears of her own forming in her dark green eyes. As the two Queens pulled back, the Light Elf held tightly on the Dark Elf's one, smiling and laughing softly still. "I missed you so," she returned. Elidi watched the two with bright eyes, happy herself that her mother and her old friend could reconnect and not have all those years of not speaking come between them.

The Light King watched his wife, the love of his life, reunite with her old friend and even then he felt grief and guilt for being part of the reason why they had not spoken for such a long time. But the war... the war was over now and with his daughter and the Dark Prince becoming betrothed, he had a feeling in his old heart that the two would long put the past behind and begin a new era of grand peace and resolute, happiness and no more prejudice between the two different species of elves.

He looked to the other King, then, watching as he walked up the stairs as his son trailed behind. Thorontur cleared his throat a bit, not knowing what Ishan would say, and met his eyes as they stood in front of one another. Everyone watched, which made the Light King feel a bit awkward but Ishan had... held out his hand. He actually held out his hand! Thorontur's eyes betrayed his surprise but he found that he couldn't hide it if he tried and he smiled sincerely, shaking the other King's hand firmly. "We have much to talk about, Ishan," he claimed and then their hands separated and little Nayali ushered in between the two, extending her hand this time towards Thorontur. He chuckled at her comment and shook her hand lightly, his hand about twice the size of hers.

"Thank you, Princess," he said, still chuckling a bit and not minding Kana's own stifled laughter at all. "Though mine's silver," he winked like he was telling her a secret.

"Well, I'm sure you are all exhausted from the heat. Come, let's get inside and we'll have you cooled off," Nakiasha said with a smile, motioning her hands for everyone to come inside.

Elidi nudged Kana's hip lightly with her elbow, looking towards their father's and smiling. There was another small step towards peace.

Oh, Kana was well aware of what had just happened here and he looked down at Elidi with a smile that could have lit up the night sky. There was a chance. A true chance that things were going to be all right and when he looked at his family, he wanted to blurt out right now about him and Elidi, but the Dark Prince waited - barely - but he did as they were all ushered inside to the coolest part of the palace the Light Elves could manage.

Everyone sat down in the parlor where they were joined by Ascal and Hasterien as well. After formal greetings all around, everyone sat and at first the room was divided, only Nakiasha and Letinia, and Elidi and Kana sitting together. And then little Nayali grew curious and she darted across the space and took a seat by Hasterien, starting to chatter to him, asking about what it was like to be blind and other such things that made Ishan almost cringe at his daughter's lack of tact, but his wife only shook her head at him and turned her attention back to her old friend.

Itaete, for his part, was watching Kana and Elidi, something very suspicious, but not unfriendly in his gaze and Sefarana beside him remained quiet, calculating as she reserved her thoughts for a time when she had more information about everything she looked at. Kana could not help but notice that his sister seemed to have grown even more beautiful in the last two months and he noted that for the first time in her life, she'd taken to wearing just a hint of makeup. Ah, so she was becoming a girl. Good.

Not that she couldn't completely box his ears if he said as much, so Kana would remain quiet.

The Dark Prince looked to Elidi, leaning in to whisper in her ear. "This is going much better than I expected."

Once they were in the coolest part of the palace, Elidi sat with Kana, the two Queens next to each other, and Ascal and Hasterien joined the two families as well. Nayali soon became curious and scattered over to the blind prince, asking him several questions about what it was like to be blind. He didn't mind though, not at all, and he smiled as he answered all her questions. The youngest princess actually reminded him of himself when he was that age as well, curious about everything (which was probably because he was blind) and wanting to know all the answers.

Ascal also noticed how beautiful the Dark elder Princess was, a bit in shock really, but he realized that the Dark Royalty's entire family was gorgeous. He had to keep himself from staring, and instead watched the rest of the family interact.

Elidi smiled at Kana's words as he whispered them in her ear. It was going much better than expected and she patted his hand lightly before looking at him. "How long should we wait?" she asked quietly.

Kana opened his mouth to reply, but Itaete beat him to it as the second Prince finally lost patience. "All right, you two won't stop whispering to each other and obviously we were summoned here for a reason, an important reason, so just out with it." His voice could have been teasing to anyone who didn't know him, but Kana and his family knew better and Sefarana subtly pinched her brother - hard - causing him to give a yelp and glare at her. She merely looked back at him with falcon-fierce gold eyes and he backed down, grumbling.

His words HAD drawn his family's attention, though and while his mother and Nayali had knowing looks, his father just looked curious, his brother a bit suspicious and Sefarana waited calmly as she did for most things. Ekanath looked at all of them, giving his brother a look, but finally spoke, taking Elidi's hand.

"Father, mother, siblings...I have asked Elidi to marry me. And she's said yes."

With his family....better to just state it bluntly.

There was a brief silence and then Nayali squealed and launched herself toward Kana and Elidi, babbling rapidly in her own tongue and it didn't much matter what she was saying. It was clear she was happy. When she pulled back and dashed back to Hasterien's side, chatting to him now, surprisingly it was Sefarana who rose next, graceful as a swan, but holding the power of a mountain cat as she came toward her brother and Elidi. A smile finally graced her lips and she leaned forward, pulling Elidi into a brief hug. "Congratulations, my sister. I know you will make him happy."

She hugged Kana the same way then before making her way back to her seat and that left the King, Queen and second-born Prince to give their reactions. Letinia was already smiling, squeezing Nakiasha's hand in silent excitement, but she looked to her husband. Ishan looked startled, thoughtful, unsure, but when he looked at his son who was watching him with a hopeful and yet confidently determined expression, he finally smiled in a fond way and sighed, glancing toward Thorontur who obviously knew about this.

"This meets with your approval?"

Elidi's eyes looked to Itaete as his voice - unclear of teasing since the Light Princess didn't know him that well yet - interrupted Ekanath's answer and said that they should just get on with telling them since they were whispering so much. She licked her lips and looked to both their families who were now looking at the two of them, and then she felt Ekanath's hand in hers and she prepared herself for the Dark Elf family's reaction.

There was silence, and then the first to react was Nayali who squealed with excitement and rushed towards the two. Obviously she was very happy in her ramble of native tongue and Elidi smiled, watching as she moved back to Hasterien's side before she looked to Sefarana who reacted next. The quiet Princess was graceful but surreptitious and Elidi took a deep breath as she made her way over. But she was enveloped in a hug and she smiled in relief, hugging the Dark Princess back and thanking her.

Letinia was smiling and the Light Princess found herself happy since she had already known, but then Elidi met the other king's eyes and he looked unsure, surprised, but smiled a bit before sighing, turning to her father and asking him about it. Thorontur nodded.

"Your son has proven himself more than once, Ishan. You have raised him well," he bowed in respect, something that surprised the entire Light Elven family. "With your blessing, I believe that our children will bring about a new era of peace, one that they have already begun to strive for. And one that we can start before they take the throne." He looked to Ishan firmly, sincerely, and with a whole lot of heart. He would need to talk to the Dark King to address about the matters, but for now it was about his daughter and her soon-to-be husband.

After an announcement like that, how could Ishan even possibly deny this union? The Dark King found himself smiling, closed-mouth, but still a smile and he bowed his own head to Thorontur in a mutual sign of respect and understanding of what the Light King wasn't saying. They would indeed have much to talk about soon. Right now, though...

Ishan looked to his son and Kana's betrothed and he finally stood and moved forward to embrace them both, hugging his son tightly and then being gentler with Elidi, kissing the back of her hand and holding it both of his. "You are most welcome to this family, Elidi. You have shown great courage, an honest heart and a deep care for my son that I admire. May you union be a blessed and happy one."

Kana's smile could not have been happier and when his mother came forward, she echoed that smile, embracing him and then moving to Elidi, kissing both her cheeks and embracing her as she would one of her own daughters, whispering in her ear. "I knew you'd be good for him. Thank you, my daughter." She pulled back and touched both the Light Princess and the Dark Prince's hands before moving back to Nakiasha's side, the two starting to excitedly talk of weddings already.

That only left Itaete and the two brothers' eyes met, held before the younger Prince rolled his eyes and stood, coming over and giving Kana a small punch in the arm. "About time you found a wife." was all he said, but it was enough to make Kana laugh and Itaete bowed his head respectfully to Elidi, kissing the back of her hand. "You kept your promise and for that I can gladly trust you with my brother."

Thorontur was glad that the neighboring king understood himself and as he stood, the Light King looked again back to Elidi and Kana as Ishan embraced the two of them, kissing the Light Princess's hand and then holding them in his own. Elidi grinned to her lover's father's response, having hugged the elder back. "Thank you very much," she replied, her and Kana's smiles mirroring how happy the two of them were.

When Letinia stood and embraced them as well, Elidi nodded to the Queen, the two sharing a knowing look before she moved back to her old friend and started talking about weddings. And finally Itaete stood, teasing Kana with a punch to the arm and a comment about finding a wife, making Elidi chuckled. When her hand was kissed, she bowed her head respectfully back. "Thank you, Itaete," and then she turned to both the families. "Thank you all." She couldn't stop smiling and she squeezed Kana's hand tightly, lovingly. His family had officially welcomed her and her family had welcomed Kana and she had such hope, such faith in the future that all would be well.

"Soo, Ascal," Hasterien said, finding his brother and touching his shoulder with a playful smile on his face. "It's about time you start settling down, too, eh? I mean... our little sister beat the both of us." Elidi and Nakiasha laughed, Thorontur chuckling and Ascal just glared a bit at his brother before letting the amusement get to him and chuckling, patting his brother's back and pinching the skin over his clothing to get him back, resulting in a small yelp and a step away by the blind prince.

Kana chuckled at the two and he looked down at Elidi, kissing her temple softly, lovingly before he pulled back again and looked at both Itaete and Sefarana. "You know, Hasterien has a point. In the last fifty years, neither of you could find a suitable match?" it was clearly teasing and Itaete grinned back, carefully stepping away from his sister before he answered.

"Well, you know I would have, Kana, but I was a bit busy making sure Sef didn't kill hers."

Even Nayali giggled at that and Itaete yelped much like Hasterien had as Sefarana leveled her gaze at him, pretending to hide behind Kana and Elidi. "It's true and you know it! By all rights you should have been married first, Sefarana, with all those males asking for your hand."

The eldest Princesses raised a brow and crossed her arms over the simple light blue dress she wore, her indigo hair complimenting it nicely. She looked a bit out of place in it, though, as if she'd much rather be in armor with a hunting falcon on her arm and a horse under her legs. Her smile was like the ice of her homeland. "Well, perhaps if they'd asked in the right order, I would have been more inclined to give them the time of day. When one wants a woman, they don't ask for her hand. That implies that all they want is her body, her wealth and status. One wins her heart first. It is not my fault most males lack this capacity of intelligence...like you, Itaete."

The second-born Prince gasped as if wounded and Nayali started to laugh.

Kana just shook his head, but as he looked around, he couldn't help but feel....peaceful. Having everyone here...it was something he'd not imagined in his wildest dreams but it was nice. The Dark Prince looked down at Elidi again, happy to see her smiling and his rubbed slow circles on her lower back, just glad to be able to touch her so freely.

Elidi let out a barely audible sigh when her temple was kissed and when Kana pulled away, she held onto his arm lightly, smiling as she watched and listen to the teasing between Itaete and Sefarana. Itaete threw a rather funny remark to the stoic-like Princess but the gaze she shot back intimated the Prince and he hid behind Elidi and Ekanath. But the indigo-haired Princess's retort was clever and even Elidi couldn't help but laugh a little bit.

Ascal was completely melted though. Sefarana was.... Sefarana was enticing, alluring. She seemed intelligent and was a warrior, a full-fledged woman that made herself seem like a challenge. The eldest Prince would be happy to take her on. He stood and took stride to the eldest princess's side, looking charming as he smiled politely to her. "Might I give you a tour of the kingdom, milady?" he asked, bowing slightly and extending his hand.

"Oh! That's an excellent idea, Brother. We should give the whole family a tour of the kingdom!" Hasterien joined, knowing full well of his brother's intent and intending to prevent him from doing so, at least for a little while. Elidi bit her lip to stop from laughing as she also caught on, not wanting to give Sefarana the wrong impression if she were to caught on too - which she probably already had.

"Ah, yes, Hasterien. Perhaps after dinner, though, when the night sky has cooled the land," the Light Princess pitched in. Ascal only gave them hidden glares, seeming to speak volumes to his siblings: 'Really guys, really?' or even 'NO, oh, by the stars, I wanted to be alone with her!'

However, the Light Princess felt slow circles being rubbed into her back and she turned to Kana, smiling at him, happy that everything had turned out so extremely well and that their relationship could be freely known, that they could touch each other freely.

Kana felt like grabbing Ascal and pulling him aside for a warning about his sister - for the Prince's sake, not Sefarana's! - but Hasterien was quick with his tongue and Elidi right behind him and the Dark Prince felt some relief that they'd intervened in a way that would have looked suspicious if he had. He watched his sister, though, watched her intelligent eyes study Ascal and he inwardly cringed at what she might do. She had a way of...cutting men down to size and then walking away, completely untouched and cool as could be. This time she surprised him, though, as a smile, an actual smile, curled at her lips and she looked away from the Light Prince without a word.

It was the most encouraging sign from Sefarana he had EVER seen and Kana and Itaete both looked at each other with a startled expressions, but Nayali just smiled, something secretive on her face all over again as her eyes flickered over her sister's markings going down her arm, knowing more lay beneath on her stomach and across her back. Her eyes flickered to Ascal then and her smile just grew before she giggled and raced back over to her mother.

Itaete was the first to recover, but wisely he said nothing as he simply clapped Kana on the shoulder again and smiled at Elidi before moving back over to join his father and the Light King who were in discussion.

Kana took the opportunity to lean down and whisper to Elidi softly. "Would you and Hasterien keep Sefarana busy for a moment? I would like to speak with Ascal."

Not receiving a negative reaction from the Dark Princess encouraged Ascal even if his siblings got in the way of his first move, and he smiled a smile of relief. Sanesia's rulers chuckled to themselves as they held onto each other's hands lovingly, happy and content that they finally had all their family back together, along with an old friends and surely new ones.

Elidi turned her head slightly towards the direction of her love's voice and looked at him curously, wondering what he wanted to talk about with her brother but she didn't ask, assuming she'd find out sooner or later unless it was some deep discussion. Nodding and kissing Ekanath's cheek, she moved to her blind brother's side and slipped her arm through his, leading him near Sefarana.

"Sefarana, maybe you haven't had quite the meeting yet, but this is my second eldest brother, Hasterien," she said with a smile, introducing the two. It was actually nice to keep her busy since her and Hasterien would be able to talk more, maybe become friends. Hasterien bowed his head slightly, light grey eyes looked in the general direction of the Dark Princess as he held out his hand.

"Nice to meet you, Princess Sefarana," he said with a friendly smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.