Darkened Skies; Dead Mans Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not used to how things work here yet so I apologize for sounding like a noob but where do I sign up for this? I am very interested in this and have a character ready.

Just post your character application here and then wait for Hellis's stamp of approval. And don't worry we have all been there at one point or another.

I'm not the only one who doesn't like to come out of their comfort zone. :paperbag2:

Yup, and it's the ones who do take that step that get to have all the fun!

Uh, any spots left in here for a medic? If there is I'd love to take a squad medic position (I know a good lot about emergency medicine)...

No reason there could be only one medic,. Go fight ahead

Well, so far we have a "medic" I think.. As in, "Oh yeah... I know how to fix that... Cough"

Blues is a medic. You have 5 npcs in the squad after all.

If two medics is too many, NPCs can always die brvtal deaths :P

And so can players. The NPC's have just as much chance of survival as you.

Welcome to hell boys and girls. My name is Satan. I'll be your gm.

• Name: Roose Holliday

Callsign: Doc

Appearance

Brief Background: Hailing from the city of Chicago, Roose was just a small child when the invasion began. His family evacuated South with most of the populace that could and, after a long journey through a war-torn continental US managed to make it to the border of the US and Mexico. In Mexico his father and older brother took up arms in the fight to stave off the invaders, while he would stay with his mother and work odd jobs cleaning households in order to scrounge enough food to survive the day.Both his brother and father would be killed in the fighting to come.

After years of the same routine Roose became a Paramedic in Mexico City. He worked a beat in a less than favorable part of the city, gun shot wounds, stabbings, and assaults were a daily occurrence for Holliday to see on the job. One day he had a UHC Recruiter as a patient, and after talking to the recruiter for a short amount of time it could be said that the recruiter had succeeded in doing his job entirely on accident.

Later that week Holliday appeared at the local UHC recruitment office and enlisted in the UHC with his skill set to help push back the F'hatagar that had taken his home, and perhaps in the process save some soldiers so that they could make it back to their families one day, unlike his father and brother.

It has been three years since his enlistment and his face shows what he's been through, with the "thousand yard stare" that is common to many soldiers that return from the battlefield.

• Role: Infantry, Squad Medic

Traits:
    Veteran Mindset
    Mental Fortitude
    Sharp Mind
    Athletic
    Doc: His callsign wasn't something that was just given to him. It was earned, his experience and know how in medicine has been the difference between life and death for many. And it rightfully reflects in his efforts on the battlefield.
    Steady Hands:
    Likened to the hands of a surgeon, his hands do not shake or quiver when he is working on the wounded, but this only holds true when he has another humans life in his hands. Literally.

Equipment: Hollidays suit is the same version as most infantry but slightly changed as to make it easier to denote his position as medical personnel on an active and changing battlefield. Instead of the common camo of the UHC is instead colored an off-white with red on the edges and seams of the armor, while still possessing the same armor as the average infatnryman,his combat helmet is swapped out for a CCS Medical Combat Helmet, complete with a small suite of diagnostic imaging capable of projecting a wire structured layout of a patient; both external and internal; on the HUD of the helmet.

Medical Jump Bag: A bag consisting of all the medical supplies Clark deems necessary for any particular operation, although much of the bags contents do not change items can be added or removed to tailor to specific missions.

2x IFAK: Individual First Aid Kits Clark carries in case he has too many casualties to deal with, he can toss them to someone near by and pray that they understand how to apply a sterile occlusive dressing to a sucking chest wound.

M4A1: A throw back to the medics of old, Holliday sticks to the standard 5.56mm round of US origin. Lightweight and reliable, it helps when he is carrying some 40lbs of medical supplies on his back to have a lighter weapon. Carries around 8-10 magazines on him at any given time.

M1911: A .45 ACP round in a 9 round clip, packs quite the punch at close and medium ranges. Holliday is known to save one round in his last clip for purposes that are easy enough to understand.

2x Smoke Grenade: Smoke for concealment

I think that's good, if anything needs to be changed just say so :D

Last edited:
Doc Holliday reference? SWEET.

Might need a touch more work on the background.

Doc Holliday reference? SWEET.

Might need a touch more work on the background.
I was hoping someone would catch on.

It said brief, so I went brief. I'll work on it in a bit currently attempting to figure out the difference between Navy Blue and Navy Blue Crayola.

Just a cool little thing for our wonderful field doctors. (blood warning if you are a tad squeamish, but it's not an actual person bleeding)

another one for internal injuries:

Since this stuff is already being used by veterinarians as a proof of concept I would think it be safe to assume the stuff would have been finalized pretty quickly in this future.

I would think it be safe to assume the stuff would have been finalized pretty quickly in this future.
I can tell you right now, we carry this neat stuff called Quick Clot on the ambulance, it is a hemostatic dressing that (irrc) binds to the blood and forms an artificial clot that works extremely well albeit you have to put it right into the wound so it's rather painful. Had a guy that was attacked by his neighbor with a machete, and damn did this stuff do the trick.

Sounds like similar stuff. I just found it really cool, according to the company that is making this particular brand (think it is called veti-gel), they can scab over an artery in about 15 seconds. Sounds like some really good stuff to have on hand though, although it is very cool that you actually have experience with the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.