Dark Heresy: Cell Achates

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilhelm considered the situation carefully debating his needs. He turned to Fantz. "If possible, I would appreciate it if you can secure me a Synskin and a Chameleoline Cloak."

Phillipe considered his situation and came to his own decision for needs, but not for himself. "This request may be out of the ordinary, but a man in your line of the work often rides the line more closely than others might. So I have two not-so simple requests, the first is the more 'questionable'."

He looked at Fantz' Chamberlain dead on. "The first request; We could use a full set of 'falsified' documents that would allow us to move around without attracting any special attention from anybody, as well as a set that allow us to move with legitimate papers indicating us as members of the arbites, I think it would best be to avoid any Inquisitorial association unless we absolutely have to. We may also need something like that should the local gendarmes decide to check on us more thoroughly than simply taking us at our word."

He grinned wryly. "And if it wouldn't be too much trouble, these robes are a little inadequate should we run into trouble, some mesh armour to wear beneath my robes wouldn't go astray..." He seemed a little abashed at asking for something for himself, knowing both may be hard to come by.

The Seneschal shook her head at Canto's request. "Any auspecies in our possession appear to be spoken for, and rather adamantly: an aftereffect of Scaevola's recent First Founding. I'm sorry, but I simply can't find any available. I can get you a pair of magnoculars though, if you're interested."

To Wilhelm, she said, "Synthskin we can do. Chameloline is unfortunately another casualty of the First Founding. What I can get you is a stummer."

"Documents are easy." She said to Phillipe. "I assume that you haven't alerted the local Arbites to your presence? If so, I can discreetly inform the Marshal that a team of Arbitrators from Cainblest, two sectors away, have tracked a fugitive to Scaevola and that your investigation shouldn't be interfered with. That should keep the local Arbitrators off your back for..." She checked her dataslate. "At least six months, at most twelve years. Cainblest is currently cut off from the rest of the Imperium by seasonal warp storms, and any astropathic communication with them is blocked. By the time the local arbitrators try to verify with their Cainblest counterparts, you'll most likely be long gone."

"As for the gendarmes, all you need to do is swear a Scaevolan Oath and show it off to them. There's a little song and dance to swearing the Oath; it's done in public, there are witnesses, you swear 'by your blood and the blood of Scaevola' that you'll do something, cut your wrist or palm and bleed on a parchment. People sign it and a medicae rushes in to stop the bleeding. We can word the document to imply that you're on an important mission, and get a few local nobles, or rather their agents, to sign it. It's all a routine enough practice that it won't arouse any suspicion, but grants you enough implied authority that no gendarme with any sense will oppose you."

"A mesh cloak is harder to come by. We don't have any available, and any requests for more would cost us significantly and conspicuously. On the other hand, we have plenty of armored bodygloves on hand. I like to give my agents some degree of protection, so I have some already off the books."

Elleantra, who had been quietly inspecting the surroundings during the short tour of the estate, and had simply stayed in the background during the introductions, would speak up at this moment. "What is the current presence of the Ecclesiarchy and the Church Imperialis on this planet? Provided they have a substantial enough presence in the city and on the planet, they could provide valuable information to the cause. As for equipment, what ties do you have with the Adepta Sororitas? If your ties with them are well enough, I would like for you to put in an express request for a Godwyn-Deaz Pattern Bolter. If you do not have sufficient ties with the Sororitas, then I would also accept a heavy flamer, if you were to have one at hand. I'm sure a fledgling colony would have some for the local wildlife. Aside from that, I hope you will be able to spare ammunition for these weapons, yes?" She leans against one of the walls, still cradling her flamer. She speaks up again, having almost forgotten something. "Oh, and if you have one, a chainsword would be nice."

Doing his best to hide his disappointment, Canto would nod at Gabby. They may not be an Auspex, but surely some good quality magnoculars would come in handy; there was no reason to refuse.

"Unfortunate, but understandable. I will gladly take the magnoculars. While we are at it, perhaps I will request a simple autogun."

Having been presented the opportunity to receive some proper protection for his skull, Larl made his decision swiftly. "Flak Helmet. The body's already protected with more reliable flesh." It's simply the only thing that he had left when it came to armor, his head sticking out like a sore spot. Hopefully a simple helmet would be enough to save his life. But, he had another request as well. It could always come in handy to bring a few... extra, pair of legs. "Also, Bionic Legs, in case one of our men decides to drop their flesh-legs any time soon. I'd preffer if you could arrange for a good craftsmanship on them, but none the less- Metal's metal."

"We don't have any autoguns on hand, per-se, though we do have some autogun SMGs available. Shorter ranged, but just as deadly and easier to handle."

"A Godwyn-Deaz? If it has to be that pattern, then..." Gabby looked up at Lucius, who nodded slightly. "...done. A heavy flamer is beyond our ability to procure, or likely your ability to lift. A chainsword, on the other hand, is easily doable."

"A flak helmet is almost too easy. I could waltz into our guards' armory and snag one for you right now. The bionic legs is not doable right now, even if I tried leveraging your Mechanicus affiliation."

"Now, is that everyone?"

Canto smiled at the news. An SMG would work just as well if not better. He nodded his head approvingly, waiting for the rest to conclude their requests.

Elleantra simply gives a slight nod. "I hadn't considered the weight of a heavy flamer to be an issue. Though, to answer your statement, I could hardly call myself a member of the Sisterhood without training in the Emperor's Most Holy of weapons." She offers a short sigh, hefting her flamer onto her shoulder. "Though it is much appreciated, Lucius Fantz. I'm sure such an oddly specific request would draw a few raised eyebrows to your house."

Seneschal Larrange nodded. "Finally, there is the matter of a safehouse. It would be most wise to secure a fallback location that you may retreat to in case any operation goes foul, or just to use for rest, resupply and planning. I can provide one for you, but it may be more prudent to secure one on your own for security reasons. I would not blame you if you wished this loose end never loosened in the first place."

Canto crossed his arms and pondered the benefits and drawbacks. However, it would not take long for him to decide.
"We should establish a base of operations on our own. House Fantz already will do much for us..."

Phillipe nodded and agreed with Canto, "It would be best to avoid imposing on House Fantz more than absolutely necessary, equipment may be one thing, but if House Fantz goes and buys us a place to stay..." He paused for a second, "The Gendarmie didn't seem to be all that fond of our hosts, and we don't want to alienate the Gendarmies unless we find some evidence of their involvement."

"What?" Lucius said. "Oh. That. The Gendarmes used to protect my various estates until I found some gendarmes stealing from me, made a fuss and got them court-martialed. I only went so far because the Hereditary Officers promised me the best, though the Gendarmes likely haven't forgiven me: dogged pack mentality and all. 'You hurt one of us, you hurt us all, regardless of how guilty they were' and all that. They, as a whole, are most definitely corrupt, now more so than ever, ever since the First Founding. The best and brightest of the PDF were shipped off, leaving the less competent and less scrupulous to take their place, and so on in the Gendarmerie: a veritable updraft of corruption. Any courtesy they showed was most likely them scrambling to cover their arses while making sure nobody shat the bed. Everyone knows it's only a matter of time until the Arbites lead a purge of Gendarme ranks. It's happened before, and nobody likes it, but it is necessary. This riot nonsense is likely going to precipitate the first wave of purges, once the Arbites learn there was no grand conspiracy to ambush the MRG and that any such reports of ambush are simply excuses covering for incompetence. If there is anything the Hereditary officers do not like, it is incompetence in their underlings, or rather egg on their faces over this level of incompetence."

"Apologies, I do tend to ramble." Lucius giggled jovially. Gabriella looked at the Acolytes wryly, seemingly saying that she did warn them. "I would be quite honored to treat you as my guests for the night. It will take some time to gather all your equipment and information."

"I will have something for you tomorrow." The Seschal said, standing.

"Gabby is quite good at her job, I can assure you. So, are any of you good at Regicide? I haven't had a good partner to play with in such a long time."

Wilhelm clicked his fingers as he remembered something. "Oh, do you think you could send somebody to retrieve our storage crate?, Given how well informed you seem to be I have a sneaking suspicion you already know where it is."

Seneschal Larrange smirked, and said to Lucius, "They catch on quick," before heading out of the room.

The Rogue Trader laughed. "Of course. There is little we don't know when it comes to trade here on Scaevola."

"PDF. Petty, Doomed Fuckers, we used to call them in the Guard. Hardly ever of any use, barely more than a speed bump most of the time, and at the worst of times, just more enemies, that we armed." Merrez grumbled, before sighing slightly. "Not all their fault though. We get all the best troops, after all. And training. And so forth." He said, shrugging a little.

"And I like to think myself at least decent at Regicide. No master, but better than most in my previous squad."

"My apologies, Trader Fantz. Regicide is not my strong suit."

Canto would watch the Seneschal leave, then would ponder their current situation. The mess with the Gendarme sounded annoying if not terribly worrying. Luxooz Pharce was right in saying the Arbites would gleefully clean house soon enough - those weren't the kind of assignments Canto had particularly liked back in the day, but he knew well just how essential they were...

With a raised eyebrow, he would turn to their host and ask,

"Is there any high-ranking individual within the Gendarme that we should be particularly aware of?"

"Though the PDF on many worlds is sub-par compared to Astra Militarum troops, Scaevola prides itself on training competent and skilled PDF." Lucius explained to Merrez. "The PDF proper, not the Gendarmes, are easily a match for many Guard Regiments, if not in experience, then in training, equipment and skill."

"As for persons of note? Let's see, there's Major General Corphas, who's in charge of the Monument Gendarmerie, and Colonel Moritt, who leads the MRG for now. Marshal Restic leads the Arbites of Scaevola from Monument, and so too does Lord General Marippias-Scaevola command the entire system's PDF from here. Aside from them, I can't provide any more relevant information until Gabby returns."

Elleantra shifted her weight from one foot to the other while listening to the others discuss certain subjects that she didn't very much care for. Though, she did have a question of her own, which she chose to voice as soon as the previous one was answered. "Excuse me, Ser Fantz. Since you happen to know much about this planet's status, I was wondering something. What is the current presence of the Church Imperialis and the Ecclesiarchy on this planet? The faith may have some information pertaining to the case, if it's presence is substantial enough."

"It will do for now. Much obliged, Trader Fantz. If we are done here, perhaps you could show us around, regale us with more tales."

Canto was not above trying to be congenial even if it didn't seem to often work out. Still, a good showing with their host would go a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.