[DANGEROUS] - A Cyberpunk Roleplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Taska Vilna

Original poster
Dagnerous Title Card-80.png

YK-STORY.png
The Yutani-Kandel Corporate Monocity, Southwest of Vladivostok, Russia. The year is 2237 and What's left of the world is trying build itself back up after years of consumption led to a vast socio-economic collapse and a period of martial law.
The World Government has had to rely on several megacorporations to survive. This has given them a veritable carte blanche to operate as they will, tearing apart once stable arcologies and small local governments. The Yutani-Kandel Biotechnology Firm has taken hold of most of the Asian continent, plastering their name on anything and everything. More than 20 Million people clutter the streets of the YK Monocity in southern Russia. Recent shortages of food and water have forced much of the population to face the Sea-Wastes in search of a better place to live, or risk the famine of the home they once knew.

[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]

The game is simple, survive, with much attention being paid to economics, cybernetic modification, and industrial espionage. While both performance enhancing and recreational drug use are at an all time high in the majority of earth's history, both are seen as common place and are very much ordinary things.
You, the players, can adopt a diverse collection of character archetypes, ranging from hardwired mercenaries with psycholinked weapons and boosted reflexes, to Armani-wearing street moguls who make and break lives with the stroke of a pen. Any persona existing in this strange and broken environment can be yours to command. And your job is to survive, or to be survived upon. To play, or be played.

YK-DIV.png

YK-RULES.png

1. Romdeaux is god of this roleplay, see that hand reaching down from the clouds? That's them.
2. No playing god, it's not cool.
3. No killing without permission, also not cool.
4. You may have as many characters as you want.
4.5 Provided you can keep them all up.
5. This is a LGBTQIA(+)-friendly roleplay, no worries.
6. Respect everyone, no racism or sexist behavior, or any other kind of hate. Don't ignore players, no one likes to be left out.
7. Leave "Megacorp" somewhere in your skellington, so i know you read this.
8. Romance is, welcome. just don't get out of hand.
9. Intermediate skill.
10. Don't quote the first page.
11. Highlight the entire post please.
11.5. Lol you did it? the absolute madman!
12. All out of character posts will be made in the OOC thread.
13. I'm overwriting rule #7, leave "godsend" in the spooky bones, instead.

[OOC]

YK-DIV.png

YK-CHARS.png

Character Skeleton
They call me _Username Here_[ONLINE]
But In here, I'm
_Character Name Here_
I've Roamed these streets for _Age Here_ Years
Here's My Card
_Picture Here_
My Orientation is_Need an Orientation Here_
I specialize in _Any Skills or tricks up your sleeve go Here_
I Work As _Your role in society Here_
My Cold Steel _Weapons and/or Items you carry around go Here_
Here's how it goes _Your character's bio goes Here_
Additives _Anything Else? Put it Here_

Last edited by a moderator:
I'mma start infodumping, any questions please ask on the OOC.

Yutani-Kandel (YK): Bigass megacorporation in southeast Russia, runs pretty much everything.
Yutani-Kandel Monocity (YKM): The City wherein the roleplay takes place. Tall buildings, tent towns, neon-lit alleyways.

Netrunners: Cybernetic computer hackers, the people who's bodies have been cybernetically modified to such extents as to allow them to become what are essentially human computers.
Fixers: Very simple, these are the Deal makers, smugglers, organizers and information brokers. you go to them when you want to deal under the table.
Nomads:Usually travelling in groups and even mobile towns, there are road warriors and gypsies who roam the highways. These people are the go-to guys for anything paranormal or mystic. Far and away from the high tech life of the city, you won't see any Nomads in town, they'll be out in the wastes, either fending for or farming from any weary traveler who might wander their way.
Privateers: Hardy world faring seamen, out to stab you in the back or to make a good bargain with you. These are the people who are out to pillage and steal, they often run you over in the seven seas, out to get supplies and other goods, as well as money, to sell on the black market back on dry land.
Rockerboys: Rebels who use music to fight the power. Partying hard and blasting tunes.

Kendachi, a Japanese armament company, More dangerous than some might think.
Militech, American arms and mercenary contractor.
Petrochem, an energy company
Zetatech, a computer, cyberdeck, robotics, and cybernetics manufacturing company.
WorldSat Communications Network, a satellite communications giant.

Reactions: Rads
I'mma start infodumping, any questions please ask.

Yutani-Kandel (YK): Bigass megacorporation in southeast Russia, runs pretty much everything.
Yutani-Kandel Monocity (YKM): The City wherein the roleplay takes place. Tall buildings, tent towns, neon-lit alleyways.
It's not normally my thing but the rp conditions are more than fair so i'd like to try, i'd like to play the roll of a body gaurd if that's an option.

It's not normally my thing but the rp conditions are more than fair so i'd like to try, i'd like to play the roll of a body gaurd if that's an option.

If you can find a body to guard, I don't see why not. :V

I reccomend staying on the side of the rebel groups, who would oppose YK.

also. P L E A S E save discussion for the OOC.

I'm tryinna save this page for strict information regarding plot and world.

Reactions: Rads
INFO DUMP

Citizen Police: A militia of everyday people who've given up their time and safety to serve the public. they often patrol the streets for crime, help safeguard trading camps, and

North East Sector: The trading and housing area of the city, home to the most popular trading camps, the massive North Gate, and the only land routes in or out of the city. The North Sector is also home to a large portion of the city's housing complexes.

West Sector: This area of the YKM is the designated entertainment district. Here you'll find drugs, hookers, and the ever-exciting, ever dangerous Lemon Pop Club.

South Sector: Here is where the port and seaside manufacturing districts are. You'll find shipyards, chemical and product plants, as well as most of the city's warehousing here.

East Sector: A largely farming and agriculture area, the east sector is home to the cities food production and solar fields, which power the electric grid of the outer sectors.

Central City: The business district of the city. This is where YKM central headquarters is located, among the towers and peaks of the hundreds of other nameless iconography-emblazoned office buildings.

The Lemon Pop Club: A popular nightclub located in the entertainment district. LP is where a large majority or the cities hits are played, or, in a business context, doled out to dangerous hit men/women.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]==========MAP==========[]
YKM map.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.