Crimson Wing

*miku yawns as she gets up after a long shift and she smiles as she finishes getting dressed* man yesterday was so boring i know that its for the clan but what exactly are they so afraid of *she shrugs and heads down stairs and grabs her weapons and holsters them as her parents come in smiling and they tell her that she has the day off because of the festival in Krenh and that shes allowed to attend today and she smiles wide* thanks mom thanks dad im ganna head there now then and dont worry ill be fine *she blows them a kiss before heading out the door and starts climbing down the Trunk of the tree and her clan has built there houses on the large branches of the old trees and she starts off towards Krenh.

-Hour later-

* the town of Krenh was within Miku's sight and she smiles as she could hear the hustle of people heading to booths and as she heads closer the smells of the food fills her nose and she smiles* mmm that smells really smells good i cant wait to relax and have fun * she heads through the front gates of Krenh and starts by going from booth to booth picking up food every now and then*

Nova, who took a seat at a small Café, got his coffee, cake and newspaper. Since there might be other job offers he opens the newspaper and starts reading.
(There are some nice offers. Another delivery job, caravan protection, and this one looks interesting too. Looks like i can make lot's of money here)
The news from the newspaper are interesting for him and distract him for now.

((I don't want to sound desperate but some social activity would be nice by now. There are still 2 seats left in the Café you know?))

*After i while of going around and checking out the booths she starts getting tired and notices and small cafe and walks in being mindful of her tail as to not hit anyone and heads to the counter and order a small tea and sits down and looks around the cafe and notices a man reading the newspaper* hello there sir i couldnt help but notice you dont seem as hyped up as everyone else are you here to enjoy the festival? or are you here on business i understand if its personal and you cant tell me i just decided to ask.

Nova looked over his newspaper to see who spoke to him. He was quite surprised to see a Sugar Glider, which was easily seen by his expression. His eyes widened a moment until he regained his usual calm expression. It was expectable that lots of creatures would gather here but this was unexpected.
Good day.
I am not... "hyped" like everyone else because i am calm. Simple as that.
My name is Nova. What's yours?

Miku blinks then smiles. "Me my name is Miku, nice to meet you nova." Miku looks around and notices a man enters the Shop,she then fixes her hair and looks back at Nova, " so whats your opinion on the stange things that have been happening lately?" As Miku stated it a few other customers looked over at her, As she notices this she lowers her voice. " I really hope it isn't as bad as it seems." The other customers eventually returns to what they were doing. "so Nova have you been to any of the booths yet there are some really good ones out there, after all it is a festival you should have some fun right?" her Tail gently sways as she blinks, Then she finishes her tea.

Hearing that there was someone else who noticed some strange things happen, and not ignoring them, was quite the news for nova. Up until now he only cam across people that didn't care much about it.
He folded his newspaper and put it on the table
So you did notice it too. At least some do know something is wrong.
In my opinion this festival is not what it has to be. That's why i can't enjoy it. This year it is used to make the people ignore the latest events, and from what i see it works pretty well.

The people around him became suspicious and looked at him, but he didn't care. For him they were just trying to catch a good story for some gossip.
His tea cooled down a little by now and he began drinking it. Black tea was his favorite, although he didn't knew why.

Miku blink at what he had said and thought about it, as she looked around she too noticed the other customers listening. "hmmm i never thought about it like that,hmm well ya now that i think about it your right somthing is weird." She she blinks and strachtes her head as she thinks. " well the most obvious problem is my magic ability has been off lately, are you haveing trouble with yours? She smiles and then somthing clicks in her mind. " here let me show you. Miku smiles and lifts up her cup gently,as she focuses the cup slowly starts to dissappear, But the longer she keeps it that way the more it glitches. "see what i mean thats not normal."

Nova watches as Miku demonstrates her Magic.
(Must be a form of illusion magic. I heard that it is quite useful if used correctly.)
As she was done nova put down his cup and held his hand in front of his head. He pointed his index finger out and focused on it.
His energy began to focus at his fingertip and took the shape of a small sphere. It was looking like a small dark blue star.
I am not using "magic" so i am not affected by the change. But i do notice it every now and then.
It may be just my imagination but i could swear that some environments are changing. Wanna hear about it?

The star began to fade away as he slowly stopped to focus his energy.

Miku nods then gets up and sits at his table with him. "yes i would because ive noticed some things too, i hope you dont mind me sitting here." Her ears twitch slightly as She calls over a waitress. "Yes miss is there somthing i can get you?" "yes can i have another small tea please." "yes Miss right away" The waitress leaves too go and get the tea ready,Miku turns back making sure her tail doesn't get in the way. "anyway sorry where were we, oh yes so tell me Nova what other things have you found?"

Nova took another sip of his tea. It helped him to gather his thoughts.
He took a small book from a pocket on the inside of his jacket. It has a simple cover and no title. He reads through it as he speaks.
These events can be just random, but their effects and frequency is just too strange if you ask me.
Last week i passed Odel. It's s small town not that far away from here. It is known for a river of crystal clear water, which's spring is at the mountain south of it.
The spring dried out way too quick. It takes at least a week for springs to dry out, but this one was gone instantly.
And a month ago i passed Palmacosta. A town that is known for it's harbor and fishery. The people there told me that they caught fish that is usually only found in rivers. This means that freshwater Fish swam out into Saltwater areas. Fish don't change their Habitat for no reason.

There are a few more things i noticed but i guess you get the picture.

As he was done talking he began to ate his cake. It's been a while since he had something sweet, so he enjoyed every bite.

Miku blinked in shock at how detailed he was, Normaly she got straight to the point when talking. "really wow thats very weird, but your right though it dosen't really seem like the fish would do that, let alone being able to survive in the different habitat, I take it you travel lots as you were able to see suh weird things" Just then the Waitress returns and hand Miku her drink and smiles. "here you go miss is there anything else i can get you?" Miku looks at her and shakes her head no, Then As miku takes a sip her tail starts to sway in excitment. " thank you its very good." Miku takes a few sugar packets and adds them and stirs her tea. " well nova its true those are weird but thats not all i have more accounts of animals being odd,i remember i was out scouting one day, I found birds walking around on the ground rather then flying,it seemed as though they were scared to fly." Miku stood up slowly. "ill be back in a bit Nova." She headed into the washroom and looked around as she headed to the sink, she smiled as it was very clean and smelled nice before turning on the tap, as the warm water flowed she gently washed her face then wiped her face off and left the washroom.

Issac was just about to open the door leading to the room with their bags when the new comer came in. He burst into the room out of breath and exhausted. He merely stared at the young boy as he apologized for being late. He took a glance back to the dossiers. It seems as if he had miscounted and that this newcomer was that one. Nicky was his name.

"Your late, why?" He asked commandingly. He was never in the army, but being the expedition leader, he had to have a commanding voice. Hopefully, it had shown through. "We were just about to leave. You almost missed us. IT doesn't matter now, just follow me and get the bag with your name on it on the way."

He turned around and opened the door. Beyond the door were rows of bags each with a name labeled above it. Needless to say, each person's equipment was in it. Further down the hallway was a door that lead into the room that contained the portal. Seeing the moment dawn on the team was awe-inspiring and amazing. He was growing anxious about the entire thing.

He grabbed his own bag and continued down the hallway. He led the way into the door and stood on a platform at the center of the room. The room itself was gargantuan. The gray metallic walls and the constant beeping of computers that powered the colossal portal. He turned to face his comrades and teammates.

"Okay, this is just the beginning. Behind, as you can see, is the portal into the other world. I already told you about the unpredictability, so I don't need to go over it again. Just get in there, get some intel and we'll come right back. Should be quick and easy, but we'll forever be known as pioneers in inter dimensional travel." He turned to one of the computer operators manning a control panel. "Set it to full power. We need it to get our entire team through the portal, especially the mech. We can't have it destabilize while we're going through or we'll be ripped to shreds, so watch your monitors."

He turned back around and face the portal ready to go through.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Pyre festival was really beginning to start. The party was in full swing and many of the denizens seem to be enjoying themselves. They start to live true to the saying "Ignorance is Bliss". People keep mulling about the festival's activities and living without a care.

This year was by far one of the best it's ever been. Bigger and better explosives and spectacular shows were just some of the improvements. No expense has been spared to keep the populace happy. It's one of the few times where the citizens could forget their worries if only for a few days. The council however is scrambling to find out what is happening to their precious world and how to stop this.

IF things couldn't get any worse, their worries were confirmed. Unusually heavy storm clouds began to roll in. The clouds were thick and seemed to almost blot out the sun. Not only was it unusual for this to happen, but it was also not the time for storms to be forming.

Lighting streaked across the sky and bright flashes of light lingered in peoples' eyes. Off in the distance, toward the center of the forest near the west end of Krenh, is where they eye of the storm seems to be forming. The cloud circled and swirled around it. It was obvious that whatever was causing it seemed to gravitate around whatever is there.

The council had, in quick haste, decided that they should send out some of the city guards' best men out there to investigate. A small unit of guards clad in heavy plate armor adorned with the insignia of the city, a great and majestic lion upon a pedestal. Each guard also varied in weapons, some carrying lances and others carrying swords and shield. Those with shields stood at the front.

The small unit began to forge their way into the dense forest, feeling at ease since most have patrolled in the forest before. Meanwhile, the rest of the guards were stationed at each of the gates and cordoned off the city in attempt to keep the city safe.

Wondering which of her titles they wished to place on her bag, she looked for hers in the pile. She had a hard time finding hers for some reason. No doubt, all she'd have would be provisions and medication, but...

"Felicia Orson"

That wasn't a name she'd gone by in awhile. She thought the only people who knew of it were the higher-ups of the CHARLOTTE program. A tear nearly escaped her eye and she clung the bag to her, but her expression did not falter. She quickly made an attempt to hide the name tag and approached Isaac to clarify something.

"Do you know my real name, ser Ambassador?" she asked him quietly, giving it a moment to register. Before he was able to respond, she quickly spoke again. "If so, I must ask you not to speak it to anyone else. Keep the intelligence to yourself. It is my choice whether or not anybody knows my name, and I have my own reasons. It's personal. And when we get back, I will most assuredly talk to the director about this."

He stood at the ready, his rifle on his back, knife sheathed at his side, and a datapad in hand. He wasn't happy, he still hadn't gotten the files he wanted, and now it seemed like he'd have to wait even longer to find out what Ayasuke's been up to. He listened to the briefing, a visibly irritated snarl washing over his face as he heard the words, "Quick and Easy..." 'Yeah.... Quick and easy then why bring a living tank and a metahuman?' He thought, 'Unless you're expecting trouble.....' Besides, nothing ever just went quick and easy, life had a way of forcing you to use the more difficult path in Bob's mind.

Raven saw her bag quickly. It wasn't hard given the impression of a gun sticking out of the front pocket. Good, they'd actually gotten it back from home. She'd never settle with any other gun. Never. It was like her lucky charm. She hefted the bag over one shoulder and vaguely heard what Charlotte had said to Isaac. Why was anyone knowing her real name such a bad thing? If anything, she much rather preferred to know people by their actual, birth name than their government-issued one. Not that she'd met many people with government-issued names. It was just her personal opinion.

Sighing, she glanced at all the hard-working scientists and engineers making a rather hasty attempt to pull all of their might together to create a somewhat stable portal. She couldn't help but feel a flutter of excitement crawl down her spine. Her face remained stoic despite that, however, which was almost surprising in a way.

"Yes, please do that," she said in agreement with what Isaac had said. She preferred not to be ripped to shreds. The thought caused her to shudder slightly. Now, she was beginning to think the good 'ole battle field wasn't such a bad thing after all.

Engy walked into his room and frowned, they gave him everything he might need... they just put it in three bags. He sighed and walked over to check. The first one held various tools neatly layered in took lock trays with a small soldering gun on the bottom. On the front pocket was a hand gun and on the two side was two grenades. That was understandable. He moved to the second bag with was filled with various explosives of different charges, sizes, and shapes plus some solution acid thing that some nerds taught him how to use a couple hours before. The acid was simple, it burned threw anything but a hand full of polymeric materials. The next bag held a large light paper pad which would be used for architectural recording, some pens and other tools for the same use, and other weaponry explosives. Then they had a rocket launcher... he was just going to leave that behind for good reason. One, he didn't think it would be useful, two he didn't think he could carry everything he had in the first place, and three the ammo would just make it all heavier.

He looked over at the dude they called silent bob "Hay catch." He tossed him the light bag with the weaponry explosives and the architectural equipment in it. "Your strong, carry that." He lifted up the other two with little struggle which may have surprised others, it surprised him. Maybe it was some fancy government thing? Regardless he only had two shoulders for two bags. The third one would have to be carried by someone else. He followed Issac into the room and looked around, computers were never his thing. He only like the complex wiring inside. The programming he could care less about, that was just some human made up thing that didn't even exist. He just waited by the portal a bit ticked off even now that he had so many bags. That was just annoying...

Bob caught the bag as it flew through the air at him, and that immediately earned the mechanic known as Engy, Bob's disdain. It only worsened as he noticed that the bag contained explosives, chemically detonated bombs utilized highly unstable chemicals that could've mixed at the trembling of the bag as it was caught. Bob walked over to the man and put one of the bombs in his hand, He growled, his quiet voice bathed in utter irritation.

"It takes a real idiot to toss a bag full of these at someone...." He continued, "Because at any given moment during that mid air transit or the act of catching that bag, the chemicals that set off the detonation chain could've mixed, and not only the people in this room but also this giant portal could've been reduced to a smoldering mess, THINK first! Though you're probably only used to thinking with your dick instead of your brain, you idiot...." With that, he quickly slid the bomb back into the bag and walked away from the engineer, grabbing his two liter out of the insert in his own bag and taking a big gulp of his soda.

Raven glanced briefly at Silent Bob, noting the irritation on his face. He was walking away from Engy, also called Mech. So, he even irritated people of his own gender. Who could he not irritate? She walked over to him, deciding it best to give him some advice as to how to deal with people in general.

"He's right, y'know. You could've blown us all to bits and then where would we all be? Word of advice: stop being yourself and actually take the time to think before you act. We have no idea what's on the other side of this portal. You could end up getting us all killed," she said sternly, her voice almost condescending. She was used to being in command. She'd been charged with overseeing almost 200 army men and women back in Iraq and Afghanistan. Boy, that had been like going through hell. She still couldn't sleep right after seeing all those innocent people scattered dead across the merciless ground, forgotten relatives that were left behind by their family in their own attempts of survival. How could the world have been so cruel?

She snapped herself out of her thoughts, patiently awaiting Mech's response, if he was even prepared to give one without giving her some lame pick-up line or some other form of flirting.

"Its government grade stuff." He said finding it quite funny they were all so worried, "I could have thrown that bag down a mountain without any of it going off. Ya think they would send us threw an unstable portal with such unstable explosives?" He was cracking up by now, "Listen, leave the explosives to me ok?" He finished laughing and just adjusted the strap. "Next time I'm with Bob remind me to tell him I didn't get the street crap he's used to." They were just lucky he was in a good mood... he did have some beers after all.

Bob scoffed and slid the bag back down the floor to the engineer. "Don't trust the government at all......only difference between street grade and g-men grade is the blast yield......" Was all he said as he lit up another smoke, and took a drag. Just because something was government grade doesn't mean you handle it like it's a basketball, to Bob, anything that went boom was to be handled with the utmost care, 'you respect what kills you' it was a simple philosophy, not following it was how stupid men die. Engy had already proven himself a liability not only to the mission, but to the lives of those who were going to be around him, Bob already knew this engineer was going to be a problem. Engy's utter lack of care for anything but getting laid was going to endanger them all, Bob knew it, and when that happened, he knew they were going to have to make a choice, he'd already made it in his mind and only time would tell what the decision was going to be.