Crimson soul

Kinus looked at her and sighed. Well, that wasn't what he was expecting... "Alright. Come on, let's see if we can find the doyen at the library and ask him what is really happening." Said him as he got up. "He may be about to go to sleep, but if I knew the doyen, and I'm sure I do, he is always eager to share some of his knowledge at anytime." Said Kinus with a smile as he offered Eva his hand.

Taking his hand she followed him to the library. "I hope he's able to give us some answers. I hate being uninformed about what's going on." she said as they walked to the library. It beautiful like the calm before a storm. "Kinus, I had a great time tonight. Thank you, maybe we should do it again some other time." She started to fall for him, but her heart was still on David.

Kinus smiled, and even blushed a little bit. "Sure, Eva. I would love to." Said him. They took only a few minutes to get to the library, but at first glance it seemed that nobody was home. "Hello?" Said Kinus. But nobody answered. "Mmmm.... I think he is not here..." Muttered him. "Kids! What are you doing here?" Said the doyen suddenly appearing behind them. Kinus quickly turned around and sighed in relief when he saw him. "Doyen, we though we were already gone home." Said Kinus. "No, no... I'm still here. My house is too near to all those fireworks things..." Explained him. "What are you both doing here anyway?" Asked the old man with a smile.

"We need answers of what's about to come." Eva replied. "My cat senses have been going off alot lately and I need to understand. It's all a mystery to me." lowering her head and resting it on Kinus' chest.

The doyen looked at Eva and gently shook his head. "I know what are you meaning, but I'm afraid I can't tell you anything. All I can share is that our armies have been sent to aid the mortal plane in some minor issues they have been having. But as far as I know, we have everything under control." Explained the doyen. "And I appreciate your concern, lady, but everything is fine, I promise."

She lowered her head in disappointment, "Thank you, sir." and started to leave the library. That gave her a hint of what was actually happening and her senses were telling the truth.

Kinus made a small reverence and then followed Eva out of the library. "Well, that went pretty well, right?" Said him. "I mean, he said everything was fine, so... I mean... He did said that there were some minor issues in the mortal planes. Maybe that was what you were feeling?" Asked him.

"It gave me some piece of mind. Perhaps it was, I'm getting sleepy." she said leaning against him as they walked.

Kinus walked slowly with her under the precious starry sky, trying to made this moment last for as long as he could. But it was unavoidable and eventually they got to her house. "Mmmm.... I had a great time tonight." Said him, sounding convincing, but feeling a little bit disappointed of how the date had turned out to end. "I will see you tomorrow... If I can, okay?"

"So did I." she said with a yawn. "Why not stay with me for tonight?" she really enjoyed his company and didn't want the date to end. Happy as can be since her time on this plane, her feelings for David started to dimish....

Kinus scratched his head, but who was he trying to fool? Of course he wanted! "Yes, it will be a pleasure." Said him as he went with her inside her house. "You did a pretty good job with the decoration. I really like it." Said him looking at the place.

"Thank you. You helped to make it happen." smiling softly at him. "I'm going to get ready. You can choose to stay downstairs or go into my room. I'm going to go get changed."

"I... I... You mean with you? To your room?" Said him stammering a little bit. "I mean... I..." Said him starting to blush as he tryied to look to another side. And he was probably just misunderstanding her words. "I... Mmmmm... I think... I would like to go to your room." Muttered him scratching a little bit his forehead and looking at her.

"Oh stop, your shyness and come up stairness." smiling softly at him. "Kinus, you're a great guy you can't be so shy around me, okay?" leading him upstairs to her room. "Lay down, I'll be right out." standing in the bathroom's entrance before changing her clothes. Within a few minutes she was done and was wearing pajamas. She crawled into bed next to him.

Kinus had to be honest, being with her was really nice, and being able to sleep with someone else for once was great. Being able to feel the warmth of someone else body was something he had never had imagined before. He cuddled next to her and relaxed. In the end, it turned out to be a pretty great date.

As she slept next to Kinus she started to hear screams from outside along with the smell of smoke. She awoke scared, "Kinus wake up! I hear screaming from others outside." Going to the balcony she noticed homes and other buildings on fire. "Kinus, we must leave now." trying to shake him awake. Her dot friend went missing again and now wasn't the time to find it.

The time in the heavens ran slower than the one on the mortal planes, and so, in matter of a few mortal weeks, the human reigns find themselves unable to defend their lands, and as the strength of the dark troops advanced, David and his immortal troops proceed to invade the heavens. The vanguard of the destruction of everything good. "Secure the perimeter. Leave nobody alive." Were the orders of David as soon as they got to that nice town in the heavens.

"Wha... What? What is going on?" Said Kinus getting up all sleepy.

"Dark forces are approaching. Do you smell fire and smoke?" she asked him going out on the balcony and noticing what was happening. "Kinus, you might want to take a look at this. Running back in, we must find safety now."

Kinus got up all of sudden. "What? That can't be posible." Said him as he looked through the balcony. "No... This can't be happening." Muttered him. "Come on, get dressed. We must go back to the Sky Fortress. There we will be safe. Even maybe get some answers." Said him as he got dressed.

"I'm afraid so." she said as she quickly got dressed and grabbed a few other things. Her little dot was still with her and blue.