Covenant of the Chasmata - OOC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Besides boiling tar to pour over invaders heads? :) Adhesive, wood preserver, and possibly other things if you're particularly resourceful.

• Love
Reactions: junebug
Besides boiling tar to pour over invaders heads? :) Adhesive, wood preserver, and possibly other things if you're particularly resourceful.

LOL thanks xD

Ah haha I have been lazy because I don't consider myself good at building societal history oops.

Reactions: Bone2pick
It's the trickiest part, for sure. But once you have it's a great resource, for me and everyone else.

I'm probably just gonna go ahead and post my Wip in the thread lol. I'll try and see if I can get at least a couple paragraphs out. Still unsure how Ryendar started out though, hmm...

EDIT: My inspiration links keep fudging up ;___;

Last edited:
Reactions: Bone2pick
@Danielle reaver Can I ask what Navirans might think about the dark elves and if they seen any potential for a strong alliance between the two? Or if there is something they might want from Ryendar to trade for the crystals so the dark elves can create jewelry out of it? Kind of just thinking about possibilities and I feel in my gut there is a hankering for some kind of good sub plot to go between these two, possibly questionable allies or perhaps not. Let me know what you're thinking! :o

• Love
Reactions: Danielle reaver
@Danielle reaver Can I ask what Navirans might think about the dark elves and if they seen any potential for a strong alliance between the two? Or if there is something they might want from Ryendar to trade for the crystals so the dark elves can create jewelry out of it? Kind of just thinking about possibilities and I feel in my gut there is a hankering for some kind of good sub plot to go between these two, possibly questionable allies or perhaps not. Let me know what you're thinking! :o
I've got some ideas in mind! the biggest thing though is the Navirans don't want anything from the surface or caverns besides lava rocks and obsidian to eat. When it comes to a possible alliance it would all depend on how the elves are towards the Navirans and how they have been. The Navirans and Naboris would be judging alliances based on that and even then. The Navians don't hold things like that as high as other races do

I've got some ideas in mind! the biggest thing though is the Navirans don't want anything from the surface or caverns besides lava rocks and obsidian to eat. When it comes to a possible alliance it would all depend on how the elves are towards the Navirans and how they have been. The Navirans and Naboris would be judging alliances based on that and even then. The Navians don't hold things like that as high as other races do

Honestly, I think Valencia would find them rather fascinating so much more prettier and mysterious than the other shrewds that walk the chasmata lolol. XDDD

Honestly, I think Valencia would find them rather fascinating so much more prettier and mysterious than the other shrewds that walk the chasmata lolol. XDDD
lol well like i said the Navira only care about obsidian and lava rock from the upper races. the elves have that to trade and they definitely have a trading partner

lol well like i said the Navira only care about obsidian and lava rock from the upper races. the elves have that to trade and they definitely have a trading partner

hmmm... i don't wanna go out of my way to randomly create a mountain with obsidian in it, though at the same time, i've never thought about what might be in the mountains aside from different metals and rocks... perhaps there is obsidian lurking in there somewhere, perhaps not. we'll see. xD so that would be the only thing "eligible" to create an alliance correct? having lava rocks or obsidian?

hmmm... i don't wanna go out of my way to randomly create a mountain with obsidian in it, though at the same time, i've never thought about what might be in the mountains aside from different metals and rocks... perhaps there is obsidian lurking in there somewhere, perhaps not. we'll see. xD so that would be the only thing "eligible" to create an alliance correct? having lava rocks or obsidian?
That would be the only thing to make a trading partner. alliances can be made without that but obsidian would sweeten the deal more and make them look to the elves more

Reactions: junebug
That would be the only thing to make a trading partner. alliances can be made without that but obsidian would sweeten the deal more and make them look to the elves more

Ok ok I gotchu. We'll see what happens then once I'm finally done creating all of my faction! xD

• Love
Reactions: Danielle reaver
Ok ok I gotchu. We'll see what happens then once I'm finally done creating all of my faction! xD
can't wait!!!!

I wrote for two hours today only to click "save" and have iwaku cockblock me by needing to log in again. I give up for a short time :D

I suspect there are more things your people would like to have than just obsidian. Maps of cavern systems, paints and inks, jugs, pitchers, cups, mirrors, pillows, furs, and furniture just to name a few.

I suspect there are more things your people would like to have than just obsidian. Maps of cavern systems, paints and inks, jugs, pitchers, cups, mirrors, pillows, furs, and furniture just to name a few.
No paint is and ink due to no artistic culture. Furniture would be considered obscene and out of place among there people. Pillows as well they could want jugs pitchers and stuff but do to there time underneath they most likely created there own by the time they came up to the caverns. Mirrors they have no use for cause image isn't something they can change or tamper with. Maps yes though I didnt think of that. The big thing though would be obsidian and lava rock. Oh ideas for armor for there kind would be good though! Specifiacly for there chests!

No paint is and ink due to no artistic culture. Furniture would be considered obscene and out of place among there people. Pillows as well they could want jugs pitchers and stuff but do to there time underneath they most likely created there own by the time they came up to the caverns. Mirrors they have no use for cause image isn't something they can change or tamper with. Maps yes though I didnt think of that. The big thing though would be obsidian and lava rock. Oh ideas for armor for there kind would be good though! Specifiacly for there chests!

Furniture is obscene? It's functional. So are pillows. If you've created a faction that has little to no use for an economy, then you've failed to create a suitable society for this roleplay. Wants and needs will apply to everyone in CotC.

Furniture is obscene? It's functional. So are pillows. If you've created a faction that has little to no use for an economy, then you've failed to create a suitable society for this roleplay. Wants and needs will apply to everyone in CotC.
Functional yes. To the navira not needed or wanted. Yes wants and needs will apply but there development underneath means they came up with that. It's obscene to there society I never made them to have a little use for an economy. They desire and very much need lava rocks, and obsidian. What they don't need is furniture cause its made out of crystal like everything else of there society. They work perfectly for this they just don't need most anything every other race would want. It's like in the movie avatar with the blue people. Just cause clothing is nice doesn't mean the Navi want it or need it.

You never said our societies need to trade everything everyone else has. They work perfectly cause the Navira have an abundance of deep jewels and crystals and are happy to trade for volcanic rock for food. It's not like I made it so they don't new the system all together. They very much need volcanic rock and obsidian for food something they can't get on there own which means they need to heavily rel on the economic system and will trade jewels for it.

There different is the point. They aren't gonna want most things the other creatures have. It's the way they are. That doesn't mean they don't fit into this at all if anything it brings diversity and more into the role play by bringing a race in that doesn't want not need things like beds furniture, jugs pots, pillows but heavily requires something like volcanic rock.