Contained

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Randy gestured silently towards a barely noticeable path through the forest; it lead to a hiding place he often used on days the guards decided to pester him more than usual... It wasn't a permanent spot, but he figured they could think of something else when they got there, he looked at the new man curiously before turning to the girl waiting for a response from her.

-Just my luck - Ivan said, spitting on the dead man's corpse as he looked at the other guard that has just arrived - Dork fest continues...
He had almost fully dressed the armour of his fallen enemy, with blood still dripping from some of its plates. Upon hearing the words of the newcomer, Ivan produced a prolonged, dark and sinister laughter. He could see the fear in the man's eyes and rejoiced in feeling his utter disturbance. The butchers had not been challenged by a real blade master since the Old Days and now they would fell one's full fury. Just a day ago he was one of the cattle, a disposable pair of hands working in the mines for the glory of the fat pigs that deemed themselves "masters". Now he was a warrior, he finally had the means to strike back and to make those who had been making his life a living hell fell the true meaning of terror. While he was planning his escape that very situation was perhaps the worst case scenario he had envisioned and he would never have been caught red handed had it not been for the time he lost time with the girl. It was funny, how in so little time his fears seemed insignificant. It was as if by taking the sword in his fists he had taken his life back. With the blade in hand, everything in his body was rejoicing of the fact he would be able to slaughter another one of those accursed bastards.
- Come here, scum. I'll show you exactly what happened to your friend! - he spoke very heavily, stressing each word with pleasure. - Stand behind me, girl- he said to his newly found companion and also the culprit of this situation, as he was taking the wind position, a balanced fighting stance that would allow him to counter any attack and avert his style to counter the enemy accordingly - This will be other very soon.
As he was getting ready to murder another of the man, whose kind he hated and despised most of all in this wretched world, a strong sound pierced the evening. The first sound was of unknown nature to him, as he had no idea what it meant. Perhaps an alarm of some sort? Sometime later, another sound came off, this time longer and more intense. Everyone knew quite well what this one meant: the time when everyone had to be home or hurry towards shelter, as the time of the demons and various other monstrosities had come. He had expected to be out of the city under the cover of exactly that time, as anyone even remotely sane, be it a soldier, a civilian or perhaps even the dictator himself, would be hiding and there was no one to stop him. "Perhaps my luck is not that bad after all." Ivan smiled grimly.

nivek los at the man trying to help then nivek knods and takes the girl down the path thinking the man was gonna fallow behind them as they rushed to the spot.

"Thanks for helping us." Ariana says, before following the man down the path.

nivek taking the girl to the spot the man was showing us. nivek let her go first the the man going second. "ok so you sure we can stay here with no problems?" nivek asked the man

Randy nods at the girl not daring to say anything until they finally reached the rather isolated clearing. "Both of you have a place to stay right?" He asked them just out of curiosity waiting for their answers before he answered the question the man had asked him; he himself has a proper home... Or had really, one of the guards "accidentally" burnt the damn place down a little over a day ago before sending him down into the mines. He was glad he had found the black market though, it at least gave him a decent place to get nourishment off of, but just to be safe; he slept in this clearing now, not daring to make a fire or leave any items behind that would indicate this place was his new home.

"no i have n place to go it was trashed by the guards a onth ago" nivek said trying not to remember what the did to his family toruing them beeting and murrering them "how you " nivek asked the girl

The man had a wild look in his eyes. He was laughing. Terry had seen this before; some people crack under the pressure. He was positioning himself in some strange stance with the sword. Civilians shouldn't be trained for combat, much less with full armor. He must be insane. He needed to be put down before he did even more damage. Then the girl. Terry lowered his spear and assumed the combat position, eyes still burning with fury. The hatred was just in control enough for him to think clearly. In a cold, steady voice he said, "You will be killed slowly. You will be killed publicly. As will your family. As will your friends. We will hunt down every person who knows your name and every person who has laid eyes upon you and we will eradicate them. Your actions mean nothing but suffering for all you know." Gripping his spear tighter, he takes a step forward and yells, "Do you consider the consequences of-"

Several things happen at once. Two sirens begin blaring through the afternoon sky and the stall begin to collapse around them. Terry glanced at the inexplicable hole for a split-second, before staring at the fugitives. A moment passes, both parties unsure of the others' course. Terry thrusts at the man.

Unsure of how to handle the situation at hand, May quickly scrambled behind her new 'friend', trying to shrink from the presence of the newcomer. How did she even get into all this mess!? All she came here to do was use the bathroom, and now she was thrown into all of this! Sure, it was partly her own fault for staying to converse with the killer, but you can't reverse the past. Sadly. Her eyes darted from the two men in front of her, her whole body trembling.
The soldier spoke, and his words shook her to the core. The malicious, strong tone of his rang through her ears. All she wanted was to beg for mercy, to apologise and said it was all a mistake, but her lips wouldn't move and tongue wouldn't form the words. Call her a coward all you want, because it was true. She was a huge coward, but that was just becau-
Sirens blared. Loudly. Both sent dread through May's body and made her feel nauseous. The demons were coming. Her breath hitched, came slowly, left slowly, and she stumbled backwards, shaking her head. Every time that last alarm pierced the air she had the same vision. Same memory. They needed to go. Nobody else in her company could be killed by those things.
"We need t-" The words barely left her mouth as the guard leapt forward towards her guardian and her eyes immediately widened as she yelled. "Move!"

"I live with my little siblings, we'll be safe there." Ariana replied. She felt worried for the girl she had seen at the stall. Sirens blared. "We have to go, now!" she cried, turning her head toward her house, just a few seconds away if she ran fast enough.

nivek herd the sirens but didnt know what to do just saw the girl run then looked around him to see what is happneing then wished he had a safe place but the only thing he could do at that moment was find a place to hide.

Ariana stopped at the door, looking back at the man. "Well, are you coming or not!? The sirens mean demons, you dimwit!" she whispered. "Hurry up or we'll both be killed!"

nivek woundered what the hell is wrong with him then he shoved her in the door and shut it. waited a moment then realized hes still out side so he opened the door up and shut it behind him as he got in.

Ariana breathed in and out slowly. That was close. A small voice broke the silence. "Ana?" Tobias whispered, "Is it safe?"
"Yes, Toby, come on out. Bring Janet, too." Ariana whispered back. Cautiously, Tobias crept out of the shadows, holding Janet tightly. "Who's he?" he asked, glaring at the man.

nivek unsure who the young ones were just stould there listing out side to make sure it was safe as he looked around the home and looked at the girl that brought him to her home to see what she would respond with to the little one's question.

Ariana kneeled down, level with Tobias' face. "He doesn't have any place to stay, and the guards are chasing him. Please don't be rude, alright?" she said, brushing a hair away from his face. Tobias nodded. "Alright."
"Now, let me see Janie." she said calmly to him. He handed her Janet, who stirred in her sleep. Ariana stood back up. "Now, can you prepare the limes I brought you earlier today?" he nodded, and ran off to the pantry. She looked at the man. "You know, you never told me your name. I'm Ariana."

nivek looked at ariana and gave a slight bow "im.." gulped because he was afraid that if she knew he was nivek the chaotic they might deem it to dangerous to be around him for the trouble he stirs up for those around him the way people always get killed for even being seen with him and the way that gaurds ussually know who to target for being around him he simply whispers in good faith "n-n-nivek...." in her ear only loud enough for ariana to hear..

Ariana blinked. Nivek? She had led Nivek into her house. She swallowed her fear. "Nice to meet you, Nivek. This is Janet," - she gestured to the baby - "and the boy you just saw was Tobias. Janet and Tobias are my siblings, ever since our mother died, I took care of them."

nivek knodded and bowed trying to show respect "its nice to meet you guys" he tried smiling. but nivek senced the fear in her eyes and had his guesses on what she was thinkin "i appreteate being here for the night and once its clear ill go and youll never have to worry i swear." he said knowing his own history and what happens to the ones he hangs out with to long.

Randy quietly followed after the girl knowing the clearing wouldn't be very safe in a few moments; there were too many tracks to cover, and they definitely couldn't just be passed off as a random passerby... Seeing that the door was shut, he figured he'd be polite and knock, something most guards don't really bother to do, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.