Contained

Status
Not open for further replies.
- What to kill you? - Ivan let out a heartfelt laughter, but it must have sounded quite weird, as the laughter of a madman- Do you think I'd be talking to you if I wanted to do that? Besides, you are already dead, honey, I can tell it when I look at you - you are not suited to living like... like cattle as we are living in this land. If you remain here I doubt you'd survive for much longer. I have seen so many perish like this in the mines... - the last part he said quietly and more to himself than to anyone else.
- I don't know what lies before me, but we are already in hell. Nothing could be worse. Nothing. - he said the last word with a study, unfaltering conviction - After all, if the outside was so terrible, why would the dictator have his guards prevent anyone from leaving the cities?

Randy looked around the stalls some more, spotting a rather decent looking apple in the midst of the food, taking out a silver coin, he carefully bargained with the stall owner for the apple along with two pieces of slightly stale bread. Eventually, he added a copper coin into the trade, and the deal was sealed, then he walked off towards the clothing stall looking through it again in-case he had missed anything. Looking closely at the articles of clothing laying around it, he discovered a dark robe complete with a hood, deciding it would be worth another silver coin, he bargained a little more with this stall owner before he managed to make the trade. Then, putting on the robe quickly, he started to walk home with the bread and apple concealed under his clothing, the path he took lead him past a rather odd looking man standing next to a dead knight and an fragile looking girl he didn't remember seeing before. From the conversation he could catch from them, the man who had presumably killed the knight wanted to escape this hell hole too. Quietly, he shook his head, not many knew what the outside was even like, or what threats it posed, but he felt the need for a change... Remembering the girl he'd ran into again at the Black Market, he figured he'd ask her if she wanted to try and escape with him too, but for now he just silently walked past the group of people not saying a word heading towards his own decrepit home.

walking up to the stall still woundering where he was and why this place was here walked out in the open looking at the stalls and passsing by thinking he couldnt do anything there he just walked around clearly unawhere of what this place was.

Ariana stepped out again silently. She had to go back to the black market; she had forgotten something.

She ran down the stairs, and nearly bumped into someone. "OH! Sorry."

"its my bad i didnt see you" still covered in briuses as if been through mines ricently.

Terry scanned the crowd with his tired and sharp eyes as he walked. His shoulders felt heavy, and he didn't particularly know where he should be going. Today was another day. The beatings had been exhausting, but then they always are. All around him workers were rushing about, eyes trained on their feet. Most of them seem to be avoiding others all together. Smart of them. Getting the mine shift wasn't something Terry really disliked. It was quiet. Not much activity in the mines. He was supposed to have met with Robert already, but he wasn't there. Again. That damn idiot just does whatever he pleases. Terry felt himself get angry, closed his eyes, and breathed deeply. A passerby flinched. The pain in Terry's clenched fist brought his wits back. Robert claimed to be going off for a piss. He's probably still around there.

Terry adjusted his guard's helm, gripped his spear, and started walking towards the bathroom. He thought he'd heard voices. Miners skipping work have a hefty punishment. "Who's there? Robert?! Rob-ert! Get your ass over here, break's over!" He'd only been in the service for a couple years, but his efficiency had already earned him a higher rank than the filth like Robert.

May averted her gaze for a moment, hugging her sides. What the other was saying was true, but she still couldn't help but feel nervous. Leaving was a big thing; if they were gone, they'd never come back. Even if the outside was awful, if they set foot in this place ever again, unspeakable torture would be set upon them. He sounded so confident about leaving, and even though she was scared, she couldn't help but feel motivated to leave this horrid place.
Timidly, she walked over to the man, making sure not to look down at the dead guard on the ground. She stood next to his side, her gaze firm as she looked up at the man, the height difference between almost like a mouse and an elephant. "I'm coming with you." Although she was quiet, her words still had a tone of confirmation and determination.

nivek just looked at the girl before wondering if she knew what this place was so he decided to take the chane and ask "so uh what is this place?" still cant believe that he was really here.

She smiled. "You've never heard of it? This is the Black Market. The guards don't know it's here, but as long as you have something to trade, you can get some pretty decent stuff." she said. "Food there"- she pointed at the circle of stalls- "clothes there." she said simply. "Well, good luck!" she rushed off to the clothing section.

Ariana began walking back home. She had two more jackets- one for Tobias, one for Janet. She entered the house just in time; the sun was beginning to set.

He wasn't coming. Terry knew he was there; he always goes to the same place to use the restroom. The voices were quiet for a moment before continuing. It's possible Robert was arresting someone in the bathroom. Some poor fool who hadn't exited as soon as they saw Robert enter. Robert did have an unnecessarily sadistic side. But seeing as how nobody responded, Terry would have to find out for himself.

He strode directly into the bathroom, and stood in the entrance. It was a lot to take in. There's a body laid in the center. Terry hadn't seen a guard killed since...since before he'd even joined the academy. He'd spoken with Robert less than a half hour ago. And now here he was, laying lifeless in a pool of blood. Terry's dead eyes slid from his colleague to the two people standing next to it. A small girl and a tall man. The man was holding a sword. He'd killed Robert. The girl. She'd said something when he entered. "I'm coming with you" She must be an accomplice of some sort? Likely. Finally, the situation hit him. "You." His voice filled with venom as he glared at the man. "You killed a guard. Do you have any idea what it is you've done, you vile piece of trash?!" Terry was finding it difficult to keep his anger in check, which was just fine. His blind, confused anger was the only thing that kept him from immediately stabbing both people in the room.

nivek looked around in disbeilif at first that he accually found the black market and that its even real but then remebered that the guards were just right behin him and felt the need to warn people so he chased the girl what he could to warn her. "HEY MA'AM THERES SOMETHING I NEED TO TELL YOU!" he said trying to let her know that guards could be ariving any moment.

Ariana turned around. "What is it?" she said, surprised.

Randy was about to make it the rest of the way home when he heard the booming voice of a guard, that chilled him to the core. He whipped around looking back at the rather flimsy looking bathroom made of wood realizing what he had probably just come across; a dead guard with a man next to him holding the guards own weapon, and a girl talking to him. They definitely wouldn't last too long if he didn't do something, but what? Then he circled around to the back of it inspecting the wall carefully; sure enough there was a weak spot, he delivered a few kicks finishing with a punch. He was gasping for air by the end of the process but the wall started to come down to his relief, and with the last of his strength, he ducked behind a bush nearby hiding himself with the aid of his black robe.

nivek ow alightly more out of breath from chaing up "well the gaurds could be comeing at any minute ill xplain later but eveyone may want to pack up quickly and hurry before anything happens because the gaurd were just right out side this place!" nivek said worried that these people may suffer for his recklessness again..

Her eyes widened. "What!?" she cried. Then turning to everyone, she yelled out, "Sound the alarm! The guards are coming! Quickly, quickly!" everyone began to calmly, but quickly, pack their stalls. A loud horn blew, alerting anyone who did not immediately hear her warning. "Quick, this way!" she whispered, grabbing the man by the hand and dragging him towards the secret exit. "We need to go through here, as fast as we can. Stick to the shadows, get to your house, and stay there!" she said, pushing him into the tunnel. She followed after him.

nivek trying to speak while everything happs so quickly says " ok ill go just one problem no home" he said as he startsw to hurry down the tunnel reaching the exit. looking back to make sure that she was fallowing nivek kept moving then checked outside the exit and gave her his hand when he saw that it was safe. "come on hurry they could be close behind"

Ariana looked at him. "You can stay at my house until this cools down." she said, and they kept running.

nivek fallowed her "ok just till it cools own though" he said knowing his uncanning ability for bad luck. as they ran through the streets trying to out run the sun as it goes down. just falloows the girl with out a name to her place for safty.

Randy suddenly spotted the girl he saw at the black market as he was hiding behind the bush, an unknown male was following behind her closely, realizing exactly what they were running into, he jumped out of the bushes fully aware of how big of a scare he'd give them talking quickly. "Not this way!" He whispered to them gesturing towards the partially collapsed stall which he himself had broken. The guard and it's occupants had yet to react, but he'd rather not be waiting around to find out how the guard deals with this particular situation...

in a fright of the man jumping out of he bsh niveks first thought was to sing so nivek swung only to realise that the man was just trying to war them nivek gave him a sorrafull look then looked at the girl "ok were to now?" he asked not knowing what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.