Colony 361

• Thread starter sincere_and_silent
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. you may have the bottom corner room. Will that be for all 3 of your characters?

you mind if i jump in the rp when you get to the other planet, and they will just...sneak on from there

That's fine. It shouldn't take us too long to arrive.

I'll take Empty Room 5 if possible

Certainly. I'll update the map later with everyone's rooms.

As a note, I edited my previous post so that I was also in the common room now, figured it was just a small post, so there wasn't any point in making a new post for it

If everyone would mind checking the Rooms map to confirm these are the correct spots you requested, that would be most helpful. Your Captain, Trent.

this is taking to long...ill just post now instead of waiting lool

Indeed. Sorry about that! Was planning on just one more post from myself. But...welcome aboard!

lol i just thought the way they came in would be just like in the movies, like fall through the vent and be stuck in the middle of you two lool

Name: Darr
Age: 20 in human years (but, her species ages differently)
Species: Larium (more specifically she is a Larium Nalna)
The Larium are a race found almost solely on a small heavily forested planet of Felraton. There are very sociable and have been seen living in packs numbering in the fifties. They seem to be relitively intelligent but, with very little outside interactions over the years it is sometimes hard to tell. Over the years they have evolved to navigate the massive trees that cover just under half the planet. Their most noticable trait is the fact that they have two sets of arms, one located in the same place as a humans the second set situated a bit further down. Their nails are very long and sharp, even their toe nails, giving them wonderful grip even when there are no branches present. Living so far up they had to find some way of hunting the small animals that lived on the forest floor. To this end they now have large conical ears like those of a cat and big eyes with excellent vision. They are known to be both active and ambush hunters, individuals usually the ones actively hunting while larger groups will split up with a couple herding prey to where the rest lie waiting in ambush, ready to kill with either their claws or large canines. In a life time an individual will only produce around three offspring, with their biggest threat being members of their own pack. In an pack changes in authority are very common with the offspring of the loosing side sometimes getting killed. To combat this the Larium have evolved an odd method of prefeventing this. In every generation there are born a couple individuals that are born bigger and tougher than the usual stock. These are the Nalna, which roughly translates to Shepard. Besides being generally bigger and stronger they have very strong parenting insincts. These Lariums either live on their own or in groups of up to five. After a cub is wheened it is handed over to the first Nalna that the parent can find. As a general rule the Nalna will not have any more than about six cubs to take care off at once, however that number goes up when Nalna's team up with a group of three once being seen with about 35 different children. And it is not just members of their own species, the nuturing instinct is so strong that one individual was observed with at least 5 different species under her care.
Appearance: Standing upright Darr stands five foot six. Her base skin color is medium toned, like someone who had just gotten a tan. However the entire tops of her amrs, from her hands to her shoulders, is a much darker tone. This color extends all the way up to the base of her skull, down her back, and down to her heels. theis darker part is also covered in three different toned brown spots. Her features are human at first glance but more pointed with a sharp feline nose. Her eyes are large with dramatically changing pupils and irises colored a dark brown. Her hair is a similar shade of brown to her eyes, and she keeps her hair at about mid back length. Her ears are mostly the same color as her hair, but the tips are a very dark brown that looks almost black. Her nails are slightly shorter than they usually are but they are still pretty long and quite dangerous. Her tail has a similar coloring to the rest of her body, the bottom a light shade of tan, the top a dark brown with three different toned spots.
Family: Probably back on Felraton, although her charge was killed.
Personality: Loving for one thing. There is no real thing as just friends for her, she either doesn't know you, doesn't like you, or you are her family. For the most part she is very kind, always with a smile on her face and a willingness to help out. She tends to be very patient and you have to be really trying to piss her off. That doesn't mean that she wont tell you off, if she feels that it is necessary. To strangers she can be very standoffish, and if she senses any kind of threat to her family she can be down right vicious. She tends to be very curious tending to get into things that she probably shouldn't. She also doesn't really understand the human tongue at the moment; she can kind of understand the genreally meaning of words when someone talks but she has yet to really learn the language.
History: Darr's life started out pretty normal for someone of her birth. She left her pack once she was fully mature, at about 16 years of age. Since then she has raised around nine children to adulthood. Her most recent charge, a small female called Carra, was very unruly and would often wander off from the nest. One day during one of these little excurtions the girl was captured by a couple slavers. These slavers knew that if they brought the little girl back to their ship eventually its Nalna would come to get them. The market for Nalna's had actually been increasing in resent years. Those with enough money bought them to act as body guards for their children. Sure enough Darr tracked down where Carra had been taken and a fight ensued. During the struggle Carra was killed. Seeing her charge dead shocked Darr badly and the Slavers managed to get her into restraints and abroad their ship. Now on a totally different planet lightyears from home Darr has to escape or risk being a slave for the rest of her life.

Reason for joining the ship: To escape the Black Market planet
Qualifications: Pretty good fighter, great climber, great hearing and eyesight
Preferred title/position: Guard, general helper

Name: Yalteben D'Ovatan (Ben)
Age: 58 in human years which is about equivilent to 34 to his species
Species: Kaldal
The Kadal are a very intelligent race from the planet Durnara. They are like humans in that they are known to fit a variety of roles from scholars to laborers. There are however very popular as workers as they are quite the heavily lifters. Their skin varies in shade from a nearly white purple to something just a few shades off from royal purple. They are known to have odd horizontal pupils that also vary widely in color. (For more details see Ben's appearence)
Appearance:
Yalteben, or Ben as he is most often introduced and called, is a Kaldal from the planet Durnara. When others try to describe him to people (mostly humans) who have never seen him or a Kaldal before usually start with "Well he looks kinda like a centaur". From the waist up he is humanoid and can be deceive like you would a human. His face is angular with a long nose and well set cheek bones. His eyes are on the larger side, almond shaped and distinctly amber in color. His skin has similar qualities to humans, his skin has a medium tone and has a very distinct lavender hue to it. His hair is a dark royal purple, the strands themselves are very large and coarse. In general he keeps it back in a pony tail as it is pretty long at this point but, once in a while he lets it out. He looks as though he was once pretty fit although now he is looking a bit on the lanky flat side.
Now whatever people say the rest of his body bares no similarities to what most think or for a centaur. Nearly fourteen feet in length Ben's body is like the love child of a scorpion and a centipede with segmented plates making up his body. The dark metallic black top of his back is nearly perfectly flat with each plate extending over his lower half a couple inches. The joints in his shell extend from his back and down his sides creating points where he can bend and move. His under belly is actually more like that of a snakes, with many more thinner plates allowing a little more flexibility when it comes to sleeping arrangements. His sides area few shades lighter than his back and his belly is a few shades lighter than even that. He has a short tail, only about three feet long, ending his body. It is rather stumpy and seems to hold no purpose, a vestigial organ that seems to be getting smaller with each passing generation.
He has a total of six legs, and they closely follow the scorpion theme of the rest of his body. They are spread evenly along and hold him at an average height of eight feet, although if he really stretches he can reach nearly ten feet tall. On the large middle section of his legs there is a long oval shaped plate that bulges out slightly. Besides the bulge there appears to be nothing weird about the plating, that is until he needs energy. When lying down Ben can open the plates outwards and unfurl the around fifty, neon green, fern like appendages from inside the hollow compartments underneath the plates. These are literally the same thing as the leaves on a plant. They serve the purpose of collecting a sun's energy and making energy from it, and are the reason that Kaldal's need to eat very little food.

Family: A father, mother, four sisters, seven brothers, and quite the extended family. Most still back on Durnara.
Personality: Ben is a bit of an odd ball. Serving as a navigator he spends much of his time either charting routes, makes stupidly complicated calculations, or reading up on different species and cultures. At the moment he is going through a classical music phase so it is rare to go by his room without the sound of a Mozart or Beethoven composition being heard. He tends to be a bit of a know it all, constantly correcting everything from vocabulary to facts. This can be a bit annoying at times but, he is good at his job and he keeps the ship from popping out in the wrong location. When first being introduced to people he is very cordial and gentlemanly, with both men and women, much to the disconcertment of both. He does not tend to enjoy physical labor but, he is also able to easily carry up to 400 lbs so he is often employed to help with moving equipment around. He can be a bit of a pansy and OCD at odd times, usually when sent on explorations that involve moving outside on a planet's surface.

Reason for joining the ship: He is fasinated by humans so he thinks this is a wonderful opertunity to observe them.
Qualifications: He has a degree in navigation as well as a few years experience on a smugglers vessal, he is good with numbers.
Preferred title/position: Navigator, accountant, heavily lifter when needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: sincere_and_silent
Awesome! We should be in the Black Market within the next one or two posts of mine so we can get you to join relatively soon. I'll add your alien race to the list.

Awesome! can't wait.

The room is right for me, many thanks! Also, a question, I'm kinda new, so I don't really know if there's a posting order or anything, am I supposed to wait, or respond to certain things? Or just wait for the others to post?

Post away, we kind of just post when we feel we have something relevant to post, so long as you don't go overboard and go pages between two people before anyone else gets a chance to post

Hmm, appears the rp has hit a bit of a block.

Sorry guys. Had some excitement recently. I'll be moving the rp along soon.

No worries, I have seen to many good rps die young and that pause was making me a bit nervous.

Nah, waiting on the slime and the Captain to arrive. Patience is the key here. Patience and Chainsaws. The Chainsaws are mine though and you can't have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.