College Boarding (taken)

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Jae nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine." She said, but didn't look up. She was wondering how she was going to do all this with her shyness.

He nodded, "Alright." He looked up at the clock.

"How much longer until Mr. Webb arrives?" She asked curiously, letting her legs fall off the seat.

He sighed, "Not sure."

As Mr.Webb burst into the room panting.

Mr. Webb looked up at all of them, "Alright student's, ready?"

Jae nodded. "I think so." This was said quietly to herself, but Daniel probably heard it too.

Daniel smiled at her, "Trust me, he's nice."

Jae looked up and smiled faintly. "Okay." She said, looking over at him. She pulled her hood off gently.

Mr. Webb looked at his student's, "Alright class, who would like to go first for Juliet?"

Jae hesitated, but raised her hand slowly. Two other girls raised their hands as well.

Mr. Webb looked at the 3 girls, "Okay ... show me what you got."

The first girl went on stage, saying her lines in an overly dramatic way, her face looking more terrified than upset. She continued on and on..

He nodded at her and waited for her to finish, he never liked to upset his student's by telling them they were not good enough.

She finished with a dramatic flail of her hands and a collapse on the stage. "And scene!" She said, coming off the stage. The second girl stood, going up and stage, but waited to act until after the professor gave his feedback on the first girl's.

He nodded, he always dreaded the feedback, he wanted to say the nicest thing he could, "Umm, she did good ... but hopefully maybe someone can be a bit better?"

The first girl sat down, smiling lightly, but knowing she didn't make it.
The second girl went up on stage, stood completely still, except for her voice. She spoke with the perfect amount of motion, moving her hands every so often as to express her emotion, but otherwise standing, watching the audience quietly as she spoke, perfect inflection, perfect tone, great projection.

He nodded and clapped his hands, "Good, good." He smiled brightly.

The second girl smiled and hurried of stage.
Jae hesitated, waiting a little bit. I..I don't know about this.. She stood up a moment later and made her way silently to the stage, standing quietly for a moment. She knelt down on her knees, set her hands gently in her lap, looked up at the audience. "Thou know'st the mask of night is on my face," she started in a gentle voice. "Else would a maiden blush bepaint my cheek, for that which thou hast heard me speak tonight." she paused for emphasis. "Fain would I dwell on form, fain, fain deny. What I have spoke, but farewell compliment!" her voice raised slightly. "Dost thou love me? I know thou wilt say 'Ay,' And I will take thy word; yet if thou swear'st, Thou mayst prove false; at lovers' perjuries They say, Jove laughs. O gentle Romeo," her voice quieted again, but she kept great projection and could still be heard easily, her hand moving over her heart. "If thou dost love, pronounce it faithfully; Or if thou think'st I am too quickly won, I'll frown and be perverse, and say thee nay, So thou wilt woo; but else, not for the world." She stopped, looking around with sadness on her face, all part of the act. She dropped her hand and began again. "In truth, fair Montague, I am too fond, And therefore thou mayst think my behavior light, But trust me, gentleman, I'll prove more true Than those that have more coying to be strange." She said, the sadness changing slightly to determination, but still a little sadness. "I should have been more strange, I must confess, But that thou overheard'st, ere I was ware, My true love's passion: therefore pardon me, And not impute this yielding to light love, Which the dark night hath so discovered." And with that, she looked down. "Romeo, o Romeo, tis thou truly loveth me?" The last line was not really in the play, but she thought it fit right. At that, she stood, her head still bowed, and walked off stage, returning to her seat.

He clapped his hands, "Excellent, excellent he repeated," he smiled, "I think we may have found our Juliet."