Cold Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soma lied back on the bench, staring up at the ceiling as he often did at home. The ceiling had a mural of sorts painted on it, one of a colorful sky with cherubic angels. He could remember spending many hours there, staring up at it. But the more he remembered, the more he thought about all that he'd kept from Tatsuya. He couldn't help but feel like he'd been lying to him; although, that wasn't the case. Then he still felt the weight of the years of worry he'd inflicted on his grandparents. After a moment, he stood and made his way back, turning only for a second to look out the windows. "Every second I remember something, I forget more and more the reason I left in the first place. When I go back and try to rationalize it, it all seems so... pointless. I wonder if my reason was even the real reason at all, or if I wasn't just being selfish."

(( <3 = D ))

Tatsuya listened quietly while giving Soma his space. After he finished speaking, Tatsu shook his head. "Soma, you left because you had to. There wasn't anything you had done that I wouldn't do. And your grandparents understand that, too," he assured. He wouldn't have wanted Soma to stay with his father a second longer, and it only seemed right for Soma to escape if the system wasn't doing anything about his dad.

"I know. I guess I'm just letting my guilt get the best of me." Soma stepped out into the hall. "In the end, it all led back to my father, my reason for leaving that is. But my main concern was making sure that he didn't have access to my grandparents' money, which he could have easily used me to get. I told myself that I was protecting them. Then, maybe it's not that I left, but that I felt so.. liberated." He gave a sad smile. "I was free to make my own decisions, to just live. I ended up putting everything behind me. I didn't want to come back. And for fear of being sent back, I kept it a secret. If I didn't tell anyone, no one would find me. From there it just became instinct. The only one who knows now is you." Soma looked at his boyfriend, heaving a sort of relieved sigh. Slowly a content smile pulled at his lips. He finally divulged to Tatsuya his inner most thoughts and feelings, the thoughts and feelings he'd pent up for six years. That was a second step forward in two days.

Tatsuya continued to follow Soma, listening to him quietly because he knew this was a lot of information - valuable information. He wished that he could just wash that guilt away, because he knew that Soma had done everything with good intention. The vampire nodded, indicating that he had been listening and he cared. "Thank you for telling me..." he said at first, wrapping an arm around his boyfriend. "Do you feel better? Keeping stuff like that in for so long... I know it must've been tough." He offered a small smile.

It was needless to say that a great deal of Soma's guilt was due to the circumstances under which he returned to Belmont. It seemed to him very shallow, like a gesture done out of pity. He wished even just the littlest bit that he had at least contacted his grandparents in his time away, so it might seem less like he was taking advantage of their desperate situation despite he wasn't aiming to gain anything by doing so. But Soma was relieved. If he gained anything, it was a closer relationship with Tatsuya. At least now he wouldn't feel quite so much like a stranger, a feeling he never divulged to himself much less Tatsuya. "I do, actually." He returned his boyfriend's embrace. There were still things he had yet to mention. "Hm.. I wonder if there's a coffee pot in the kitchen still." A growl of the blonde's stomach caused him to break away and start towards the dining hall.

Tatsuya smiled in response to Soma's answer, glad that he was indeed feeling better. When coffee was mentioned, it reminded the vampire of a nice cup of tea and he shrugged. "There might be... I think I'd like some tea, too, if there's any." He trekked after his boyfriend, always paying attention to the blonde human, though his eyes scanned the hallways and passing rooms. It really was a beautiful home.

"Sure there is. Grandfather and I are the only ones who drink coffee; everyone else in the house drinks tea. Not that there's any problem with tea, mind you. I've just always preferred coffee." Soma smiled at his boyfriend over his shoulder. He led the way to the dining hall, which was, surprisingly to Soma, empty. On one wall there were two doors on either side of a fireplace, both leading into the kitchen. He entered the kitchen, surprised again to find no one, and scratched his head. "Well, looks like we're early." He joked, moving over the cabinets to retrieve two cups. "But no matter, I can make it. Have a seat if you want. It shouldn't take long." The blonde gestured to the chairs behind the island at a sort of breakfast bar and to the table in one corner. He prepared the coffee and turned on the pot, filling a kettle with water for tea and setting it on the stove. Indeed the water didn't take long to boil and he poured it over some finely ground tea leaves in the cup. "How do you take it? Straight? Sweet?"

Kitchen

Tatsuya chuckled inwardly and shook his head. "Don't worry, Soma. There was no offense." He knew his boyfriend liked coffee, but hearing that he really did prefer it had the vampire taking a mental note. Did he have a coffee pot at home? He didn't think so, and now he wanted to buy one. When they entered the kitchen, both were surprised to find no one there. In fact, Tatsu didn't recall seeing anybody. Maybe the servants were on a different schedule?

The white-haired male decided to sit at the bar and watched the other prepare his tea. "Just straight is fine," he answered with a small smile. "Thank you for making it."

While Soma did prefer coffee, he did drink tea. It simply didn't offer as much of the extra kick the blonde had gotten so used to having in the mornings. The fact that there wasn't a coffee maker wasn't a problem and he wouldn't nor couldn't complain. He usually just had coffee when he went into work. It was free anyway. His preference to coffee though was in part attributed to his nearly life-long drinking of it. "No problem." He smiled, setting Tatsuya's cup in front of him and taking the chair beside him. He inhaled the scent his coffee before taking a sip. "Ya know, I've been drinking coffee since I could drink from a cup? I actually didn't like it much at first, but grandfather drank it." Soma chuckled at the memory.

"Wow, really?" Tatsuya asked, a little astonished. He tried to imagine little Soma hyped up on caffeine. "Were you still pretty mellow or were you always bouncing off the walls?" he asked with a bit of a chuckle. Giving coffee to toddlers... a sip or two here and there was fine, but Tatsuya hardly ever saw adults actually giving their kids a full cup of it.

"I'm not really sure. I was a hyper kid anyway, so even if it did have an effect, it wouldn't have made much of a difference." Soma laughed, trying to remember the exact detail in question. "But if I had to say, yeah, I couldn't sit still for very long. I mellowed out eventually, though." It was funny for the blonde to think that he was so energetic as a kid, but now he would sleep whenever he got the chance and until he could literally sleep no more. "There's a diner that I liked to visit for coffee after I started living with my father. That's kind of the reason I started work at Blue Moon, it reminded me of it. Just in how homey and friendly the place is. The coffee doesn't compare though."

When Soma said that he was a naturally hyper kid and mellowed out eventually, Tatsuya laughed a bit. "Yeah, I can see that," he said before taking a sip of his tea. "Hm, maybe we can go there and visit. If you'd like," he offered, not sure if it would be a good or bad memory for his boyfriend if it involved his dad.

"Sure." Soma smiled as he finished his coffee, standing from his seat. A typical morning for him used to consist of at least three cups of coffee, that is before he started working and only had time for one. He moved to the coffee maker to pour another cup which he drank half of in the first sip. "More tea?" He offered, checking the level of water in the kettle. His eyes soon wandered over to the clock above the stove. "I don't know about you, but I'm starving. I don't think anyone will mind if we go ahead and start breakfast." There was a carelessness that was perhaps too careless in his assuming smile. "Any ideas on what to make?"

Tatsuya nodded when asked for more tea. "Yes, please," he answered. He, too, was hungry, but not in the way Soma was talking about. It had been a while since he last fed, but he knew he could wing off of it just a little longer. Human food would be fine for now. "Hmm... well, what do your grandparents like? Maybe we can cook them something special?" he suggested.

Taking Tatsuya's cup, Soma filled it. He hadn't given any thought to the fact that his boyfriend hadn't fed. He'd been so preoccupied with his grandparents that it never crossed his mind. "Hm.. I don't really know for sure." The blonde brushed it off as he handed the cup back. He would make a note to mention it later, though. "I can remember making pancakes with my mother on weekends. Maybe they'd enjoy that." Soma recalled, headed to the pantry to fetch ingredients. It was one of few things he could cook without having to refer back to a recipe.

Tatsuya nodded in agreement before taking a careful sip of the hot tea. Pancakes were easy enough to make, and he always liked cooking with Soma. "Should we add something to them? Like fruit or chocolate chips or something?" he asked.

"Mm, yeah. It'll be like dessert for breakfast." Soma grinned, preparing the ingredients and the needed cookware. Cooking with Tatsuya was something he enjoyed, one of the times he valued and wouldn't trade for anything. The dish was simple enough to throw together, the real challenge was flipping them. Or, rather, attempting to flip them. It was fun no less. Soma ended up flipping one right onto his head. It was about the middle of the endeavor when the kitchen attendant came in to start breakfast, apologizing for her lateness, and helped deliver the food to the table in the dining room. To have breakfast with his grandparents again was nostalgic for Soma, filled with much talk about his childhood antics. Afterward, he spent through the afternoon playing the piano until a visitor was announced. "Visitor? So, it begins..." He reluctantly made his way to the drawing room to meet with them.

Last edited:
"Delicious," Tatsuya remarked with a smile. Once they got to cooking, Tatsuya was reminded of how fun he had cooking with Soma; something always happened and this time, the human managed to flip a pancake right onto his head. It had the vampire laughing and teasing his boyfriend in a light manner, but making sure to tell him that he still loved him. When the attendant apologized for being late, Tatsuya let the grandchild of the house deal with it.

Soon both couples were seated at the table and eating. They talked mostly about what Soma was like as a child, which the vampire enjoyed greatly. After breakfast was over, Soma played his piano throughout the afternoon, which Tatsuya listened and watched admiringly. When a visitor was here, the vampire cocked a brow. "Do you know who it is?"

"I have no idea who it is." Soma shook his head as he paused in the doorway. "It could be anyone from the majority of Belmont's population." He rolled his eyes at the sentiment. It used to surprise him in his earlier years when people would greet him by his first name that he could swear he never met before. He grew accustomed to simply smiling and waving and going about his business as if he saw these strangers every day. Opening the door to the drawing room, he entered upon the sight of a young woman. She appeared about his age, dressed modestly though fashionably, with long wavy hair of a coppery-red-brown; her back was to the door. She turned to face him at the sound of the door, her amber eyes brightening.

"G-Grace?!" Soma blurted, eyes wide in what could have easily been mistaken for horror. Grace rushed over to him, throwing her arms about his shoulders. "Kai-Kai!" She cried happily, pressing her lips to his cheek in a forward display of affection before stepping back. Soma blinked, the same expression on his face. "Oh, don't look at me that way, silly boy. You could at least say 'hello.' It is common courtesy. Or did I completely shock you into silence?" Grace raised an eyebrow at his behavior, retaining her grin. "Er--No, no. I'm just.. surprised. You did throw yourself at me, after all. It's great to see you." He gathered his composure, putting on a smile.

Last edited:
Tatsuya chuckled quietly and followed Soma to the door, though he stayed a bit back to give him and the guest space. When he opened the door, the vampire spied a young woman, pretty, and seemly very close to Soma - or, she had been. He raised a brow at the nickname. Kai-Kai? He wondered where that came from, but figured he'd get an explanation soon enough.

Tatsu watched them converse before moving to the living room, unseen, with a subtle smile on his face. He figured he would just sit on the couch and simply wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.