CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just lovely right there. xD

Aight... AIGHT!!!! Gotta get my brain working! Got like.... a shit load of info to word vomit to go. Y'all keep an eye out for upcoming information as I get thangs done.

And, again, if anyone wants to suggest something for the Chase City settlement, let me know. Here's a gem that I'm gonna be adding to Chase City as an example:

THE COOLER
The Cooler is one of the most popular joints in Chase City. Locals and outsiders alike crowd the massive 3-story bar. They have just about all you need to "cool your head." Some of the strongest drinks are always on tap including the Cooler's infamous moonshine "Brain Freeze." If you want to wet your whistle with some of the most popular drinks in the Wasteland while watching live entertainment, you hang out on the first floor.

The second floor of the Cooler is all about the caps. There's a few card tables, billiards (with at least nine pool balls available including the cue ball), and darts for customers to use. Dealers are in house, able to play just about any card game your heart desires. Many spend their well earned caps on testing their luck. Some are lucky. Most end up drunk as a skunk and broke.

Once a week, the basement level becomes open to the public. Along with drinks, customers can pay an additional fee to watch cage fighting matches. Anyone can sign up to participate in the cage fights. Winners win a few caps, a shot of "Brain Freeze," and a free trip to the Chase City Clinic.

Goooood.... I wanna play the DLCs for Fallout 4. Nuka World was calling me so badly...

I do hope that they take the main protag in a different direction in the next title. Putting aside Tactics and BoS, can we just NOT have someone keep popping out of vaults? (1, 3, 4). It's why I love New Vegas so much. You were just doing your damn job when some dipshit (hurhurhur) declined work and you took it instead. Then, you wound up setting yourself up in the motions of fucking the Mojave up. Also, being born into a tribe in Fallout 2 (I think that's what the origins is. Too lazy to confirm via the wikis) was interesting mang.

• Love
Reactions: Banana-senpai
Goooood.... I wanna play the DLCs for Fallout 4. Nuka World was calling me so badly...

I do hope that they take the main protag in a different direction in the next title. Putting aside Tactics and BoS, can we just NOT have someone keep popping out of vaults? (1, 3, 4). It's why I love New Vegas so much. You were just doing your damn job when some dipshit (hurhurhur) declined work and you took it instead. Then, you wound up setting yourself up in the motions of fucking the Mojave up. Also, being born into a tribe in Fallout 2 (I think that's what the origins is. Too lazy to confirm via the wikis) was interesting mang.

Yes, Fallout 2 you were born to a tribe

FNV you were just someone doing his job and said, oh well lead in my brain, that's it, let me take out my inner badass

• Thank You
Reactions: U.N. 0W3N
Are there any newspapers in the Capital Wasteland? Because I absolutely adored Piper from Fallout 4. And not just because my Sole Survivor ended up romancing her.

Reactions: Alibaba
Nope. But, that's something to consider in the build. What about the rest of you? What do you think about a small newspaper chain in the DC area?

Nope. But, that's something to consider in the build. What about the rest of you? What do you think about a small newspaper chain in the DC area?

That sounds good.

And there will be DC Courier's correct. Because that's my former occupation.

I could make the Courier Company if you like. I love world building.

Hmm... that is possible too. Though, keep in mind that the DC and Chase City are two separate settlements. So, could be that their main base of operations is in Chase City and they have smaller outposts in the Capital Wastes and extending into the Commonwealth. And, I AM SO SLOW RIGHT NOW... x 3 x;;; Been working on particular locations in Chase City... and being lazy is kicking in.

• Thank You
Reactions: Banana-senpai
Hahahaa, you should the shit I have to do with my RP.

To make sure I am ahead of my players, I have been sepdning most of the time plotting all of the arcs and brief storylines. So I know my blueprint as I go on

PFT! God... I used to do that so much. Then, my brain exploded. These days, I prefer a group route where it's part sandbox and part collaborating. So, to enter my threads, I throw in hurdles and what not to determine creative levels, commitment, and understanding of what kind of world I want in my head. In the end, I end up with users that are able to cooperate, leave drama at the door, and take turn in setting up scenarios and what not. It's nice... but it's really hard on Iwaku from what I can see. But, people have their own start up in forum RPs and what not. So standards vary greatly from what I can tell.

PFT! God... I used to do that so much. Then, my brain exploded. These days, I prefer a group route where it's part sandbox and part collaborating. So, to enter my threads, I throw in hurdles and what not to determine creative levels, commitment, and understanding of what kind of world I want in my head. In the end, I end up with users that are able to cooperate, leave drama at the door, and take turn in setting up scenarios and what not. It's nice... but it's really hard on Iwaku from what I can see. But, people have their own start up in forum RPs and what not. So standards vary greatly from what I can tell.

Ah no, I am following the path of an anime with a RP. But as an OC. Like a new Season to this anime. So while I have to half include where I am going to put each individual character Arc. I have to design unique and interesting arcs for the surrounding area. To keep the RP fun and not always so focused on the characters at all times.

Then I have to make a shit ton of NPCs, for their respective arcs themselves. And I have poor organization on how to use the BBCcode for Iwaku.

Beyond that, I ask my members for their input when it directly involves their character Arc. All Arcs will be created specifically by the creator of the character whose Arc will be the focus of that Arc.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Oh God. I do something with some of my more bigger projects. I treat it like a tv drama that has those "single wrap up story" episodes. Then, there's an overreaching arc that encompasses the entire season and ends with a season finale. Then, there's down time before the next season starts up. God.. it's probably why my writing takes forever. I see things.. and it's hard to translate the mess in my head to words... like right now. Least I'm halfway through locations in Chase City. xD

Yeah... BBCoding can be a problem. But, once you got the basics, it's alright. It's the fancy shit that gets me worked up. I'm someone that likes to pretty shit up. You can say it's on par with people that likes to toss glitter on something to complete the final product.

Interesting. I do like giving each character a bit of spotlight when the time comes and what not. Do their timely reveals and have shit make sense in terms of development. But, when it's time for my character stuff... god... I just go straight to slice of life nonsense. ... I just find that shit great.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Sir Salty
PART 1 OF PRIMARY LOCATIONS/PLACES OF INTEREST IN CHASE CITY​
The Scrapyard
The store is a giant 2-story collection of scrap, junk, and Pre War merchandise that has been collected, given, or sold to the Newton's since its opening in 2285. Whatever parts you need, the Scrapyard probably has three copies of it. Looking to get your hands on salvage they don't have? The Scrapyard will do what they can to find a substitute or get the genuine article through their "Expedition Program." The Expedition Program is a 750-cap purchase to fund a small team of "explorers" to go to a location in which said item may be located at.

Other programs include the "Weapon Customization" program in which a weapon of your specifications can be constructed. A down payment is required along with all parts being purchased before hand. The shop specializes in reactivating lost Pre War technology such as the robots of yesteryear. And, if you have enough caps to burn, you can even purchase a handcrafted robot of your choice in model, specs, and modification.

What the Scrapyard lacks is in stable employees. The only one that's stuck around is none other than the latest owner, Cyril Newton. His business has recently suffered with the loss of his "people person." Aka someone that handles the customers.

The Cooler
The Cooler is one of the most popular joints in Chase City. Locals and outsiders alike crowd the massive 3-story bar. They have just about all you need to "cool your head." Some of the strongest drinks are always on tap including the Cooler's infamous moonshine "Brain Freeze." If you want to wet your whistle with some of the most popular drinks in the Wasteland while watching live entertainment, you hang out on the first floor.

The second floor of the Cooler is all about the caps. There's a few card tables, billiards (with at least nine pool balls available including the cue ball), and darts for customers to use. Dealers are in house, able to play just about any card game your heart desires. Many spend their well earned caps on testing their luck. Some are lucky. Most end up drunk as a skunk and broke.

Once a week, the basement level becomes open to the public. Along with drinks, customers can pay an additional fee to watch cage fighting matches. Anyone can sign up to participate in the cage fights. Winners win a few caps, a shot of "Brain Freeze," and a free trip to the Chase City Clinic.

4-Leaf Clover Hotel
For as little as 25 caps, visitors can experience a taste of luxury. Well… as luxurious as you can get in a post apocalyptic world. The beds have been restored with little to no traces of bed mites. All rooms of working bathrooms AND lighting. Best of all, they even offer laundry services that guarantees they can get the toughest and most caked on stains off within 24 hours of your stay. … well, maybe some things can't get removed. Guests can't tell the difference between their old clothes and a replacement anyways. They even support a corral where traveling traders and wastelanders can park their brahmin and wagons for the duration of their stay.

Lady Luck Club
The Lady Luck Club is a reputable business that deals in "love." The two story building is quaint compared to the other resurrected husks in the Chevy Chase, but that doesn't mean it's dingy and dank. The interior has been overhauled to match the theme and mood the owner desires for her customer base. She even managed to find one of the most lewd and extoic chandeliers in the Wastelands. It doesn't matter who walks in the doors. As long as they pay and respect the "dates," she guarantees they walk away fulfilled and satisfied as if struck by Cupid's arrow.

Don't let the name fool you. There's more than "girls" working in the Lady Luck Club. Guys. Ghouls. Mutants. A protectron. The owner does everything in her power to satisfy her clientele. Customers purchase a room and a "date" for the set time.

The cost averages between 50 caps and 100 caps a pop.

The first floor contains the foyer with the lewd chandelier as the main display. Tucked away in the corner is a small bar to set the pace of the "date." The second floor contains several bedrooms where the "date" ends. There's a variety of different rooms to suit the customer's idea of how to "end the date."

Cantina
There's plenty of places to grab a bite to eat in Chase City, but there isn't anything like the Cantina. For one, what the hell is a taco? And, two: how in the hell does the owner make them?! The Cantina is legendary for its choice cut brahmin and lizards along with the crazy edible contraption that holds them all together. It's wrapped in some sort of corn-based "flat bread" that no one can explain how it came about. Most people keep tossing caps for more of these "tacos." The Cantina is nothing more than a simple pop up stand that serves tacos on the spot.

Chase City Security
If trouble brews or a citizen needs help, it all winds up in Chase City Security. The modest 1-story building houses a few cells for troublemakers to cool their heads along with a database to keep track of the going ons in the settlement. The staff members are made up of a colorful cast that can handle just about any situation in the settlement itself. If you don't want to wind up in lock up or going head to head with these guys, you better keep your nose clean.

Chase Bazaar
The gem of Chase City, the Chase Bazaar rivals New Rivet City's and Diamond City's marketplace. Every morning, stands are set up and doors open to the general public. The streets go through a colorful metamorphosis. Traders from all across the Wastes sell their exotic goods. Locals sell their speciality goods. The air is thick with the smell of food. It doesn't seem like the world was destroyed some two hundred or so years ago. Outsiders that have purchases a seller's permit is able to sell their goods. At the end of the day, they must pay the settlement 15% of the day's earning. When night comes, the bazaar becomes deathly quiet and still as if all life had disappeared completely. All that's left are empty stands… until the morning comes.

BONUS

looking good. I have no complaints

Nice! I assume there's a good betting pool to be had whenever there's a cage-fight?

• Bucket of Rainbows
PART 2 OF PRIMARY LOCATIONS/PLACES OF INTEREST IN CHASE CITY
... will add info on courier building/wherever I'm gonna put that shit at a later time since brain died.​
GNR Plaza
To this day, Galaxy New Radio continues to spread the "good fight" through the airwaves. These days, the building has underwent quite a few changes with most of the debris cleaned up and Brotherhood of Steel presence erased. These days, the GNR building houses more than the radio program. Three Dog opened his doors to a small-time group that created a newspaper that's in circulation throughout the DC region (and to outer settlements).

Metro Tunnels
There's only one way to reach Chase City: through the Metro Tunnels. Since they've been cleared of feral ghoul presence, it's become the way to travel while avoiding the threats of the Wastes. It's common for Chase City Security to sweep through the tunnels for threats.

Municipal Building
The Municipal Building represents stability and order in Chase City. Citizen of Chase City relies on the locals that work tirelessly to solve complaints, enforce order, and establish a connection to the rest of civilization. Outsiders must report to the building in order to purchase different permits depending on their business. Temporary permits to allow access to the city starts at 5 caps. Permanent permits are 75 caps. Town meetings are set up within the building to voice concerns and ideas to help improve the settlement. Once a year, citizens cast their vote on who would represent Chase City and be their voice.

Schoolyard
Whether you're young or old, everyone has a chance at an education. A quaint little shack, there is a few locals that take it upon themselves to spread knowledge everyone. During the day, it's common to see children of Chase City studying while adults appear at night for lessons.

Chase City Clinic
Chase City Clinic is one of the oldest buildings in the settlement. It's underwent great changes to adapt to the growing population. These days, the clinic is a high traffic location with locals and outsiders regularly visiting the few "professional" doctors of the area. Some may believe that it's just another "Butcher of Horrors," but the sterilized supplies (most of the time) and trained staff (most of the time) keeps people going.

@Dravencour
Clearly it's a requirement. xD

• Useful
Reactions: Sir Salty
Cage fighting a requirement. Though I think Emmet is useless to the tough guy image

"So tell us a story, we heard you took down a group of raiders by yourself, what's your secret? Explosives?"

Emmet looks away at first looking at some drifting smoke from a tobacco stick,

"More like......an accident,"

"An accident? Like nearly blowing your underwear off accident,"

"Not quite,"

"Then what,"

Well the story was more pathetic than heroic. They were all strung out and jumping on jet, one guy jumped at his shadow, fell of the balcony, his gun went off, which made the others jump and they all started gunning each other down while he hid in a locker.

Geeze. I wonder if it'd be a trend where this character's story with the raiders is constantly changing to where the truth will never be revealed? Aight, on to the next part: Factions... after playing some Fallout 4.

... I really need to check out Boone's stats soon enough to see how low his Charisma is. My dude's charisma is around his level.

Usually when my ex-merc has fought raiders (and he's fought a number of them in his day, back before Talon Company joined the slavers), he's had other people at his back. Those few times he's had to deal with raiders solo, it's come down to either running or blasting his way out, and either way, he usually ends up taking some bullets and having to be healed up at one of the clinics. While he's definitely a badass, he's not a one-man army.

Reactions: Alibaba
Usually when my ex-merc has fought raiders (and he's fought a number of them in his day, back before Talon Company joined the slavers), he's had other people at his back. Those few times he's had to deal with raiders solo, it's come down to either running or blasting his way out, and either way, he usually ends up taking some bullets and having to be healed up at one of the clinics. While he's definitely a badass, he's not a one-man army.

Mine just an accident prone luck sneaker

I can see more than one barroom brawl happening on the second floor of the Cooler. Which suits me just fine. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.