CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

U.N. 0W3N

Original poster
INSERT SOME FANCY ASS SHIT FORMAT HERE​
Aight, so this thread is going to be for the sake of generating interests and plotting out things for an upcoming thread. Information will be dumped in here as I build the world and what not (aka pick what's canon and shit and make up more shit). Users can contribute ideas and what not in this thread as things get built. There is no guarantee what the final product would look like. So... yeah. Feel free to post stalk me and shit if you want to see post examples, content, and all that jazz that's going to show up for this thread. If I remember anything else, I'll dump it in here.

• Love
Reactions: Banana-senpai
“CANON” INFORMATION ABOUT THE HISTORY OF THE CAPITAL WASTELAND (AKA AFTERMATH INFO)​
Thanks to the heroic act of the Lone Wanderer, they activated the Purifier and has given life a chance to thrive in the Wasteland. The Lone Wanderer refused to work with the leader of the Enclave: President John Henry Eden and, ultimately, destroyed their headquarters in Raven Rock. The Enclave’s numbers were decimated thanks to the actions of the Brotherhood of Steel. To this day, it is unknown if members of the Enclave continue to operate. It’s assumed that the remaining members left the Enclave and have assimilated into society in order to preserve themselves.

Over the course of a decade, countless lives have improved with the availability of fresh water. Slowly, the landscape changed from bleak and lifeless to lush and thriving. Greenery from the Oasis spread through many parts of the region, reaching as far as the fringes of Big Town. Food isn’t much of a problem with farming becoming easier and literature such as the Wasteland Survival Guide spreading throughout the whole Wasteland.

For a while, the Brotherhood of Steel worked with the settlers and wastelanders to bring peace to the region. The super mutants were pushed out of the D.C. ruins. Most of the feral ghouls were wiped out. Slavers feared for their lives when the Temple of the Union grew in size and strength. By the end, Paradise Falls was destroyed and the Lincoln Memorial became the shining beacon of former slaves. The D.C. Ruins transformed from one of the most dangerous areas in the region to one of the biggest and diverse settlements in the known Wastelands. Ghouls, former slaves, mutants, and all flourished. They work together to continue to sustain themselves and welcome outsiders into their fold. Other settlements soon joined together to unite and fight against the threats of the Wastelands. Citizens of Rivet City expanded the city into the fringes of D.C. and worked alongside the Brotherhood of Steel to maintain the Purifier and keep it out of dangerous hands.

However, peace was short-lived.

The strength of the Brotherhood of Steel declined when Elder Lyons died. The Brotherhood of Steel went through several different Elders that shared different ideology. A lack of focus and constant change of leaders have led distrust between the settlements and the Brotherhood of Steel. It wasn’t long before fights broke out between the two. By the time Elder Maxson took over, the settlements were ready to separate themselves completely from the Brotherhood of Steel.

Elder Maxson’s aggressive recruiting and iron first tactics didn’t win the Brotherhood of Steel any favors. Some were brought into the fold, including the Brotherhood Outcasts. Most, however, kept their distance. It wasn’t until the Brotherhood of Steel began to aggressively assert themselves as the “only” power in the Capital Wastelands that the settlers fought back. Trades between the two were cut. Brotherhood of Steel members were barred from entering settlements. A war nearly broke out when Rivet City wanted the Brotherhood of Steel to remove themselves from the Purifier at Jefferson’s Memorial.

In the end, the Brotherhood of Steel retreated themselves to the Citadel and Adams Air Force Base.

While the presence of the Brotherhood of Steel disappeared, the scourges of the Capital Wasteland used the time to crawl out of their hiding spots. The slavers found salvation in one of their most esteemed customers: the residents of Tenpenny Towers. In exchange for residence in the tower, the slavers purged the tunnels of the ghoul presence (feral or otherwise). Their territory expanded into the previously infested tunnels, allowing the slavers to operate under the cover of darkness. Soon, stories about them spread. They became the boogieman of the Capital Wasteland.

Wastelanders and settlers up north faced an unexpected threat: Dave. When Dave didn’t when the election in the Republic of Dave, he went into exile. Rather than accept the loss, he believed that the entire thing was rigged. It was his birthright to lead… and not the small slice of the Wasteland. Against all odds, he was able to bring control to the remnants of the super mutants, feral ghouls, mutated creatures, and raiders of the Wasteland. Along with doing everything in his power to seize lands from Camp Lamplight, Arefu, and Big Town, Dave has flooded the economic market with his own currency.

“Dave Dollars” are utterly worthless and made out of garbage (mostly discarded wrappers and boxes).

It didn’t help matters when Moira Brown in Megaton made a fatal mistake. Her carelessness caused the settlement of Megaton to explode. The residents that survived were mutated by the nuclear blast (including Moira). In its place, the area became a contaminated field that drew the Children of Atom to the region only to die of radiation poison or become ghouls themselves. Dave took advantage of the situation and claimed the area as his kingdom. In his madness, he threw himself into the crater… and crawled out as a ghoul. These days, he orders his army to bring settlers to the “Miasma” in order to undergo a transformation and join his fold.

Everyone was in a shock when the Brotherhood of Steel reappeared after a few years. They emerged with a monstrous aircraft and left the region. Those that remained continued to patrol their territory, confronting anyone that trespassed. The aircraft never returned to the Capital. News spread about the commotion in the Commonwealth and the results. The Brotherhood of Steel lost greatly. The great aircraft Prydwen was destroyed and their numbers decimated. It’s assumed that Elder Maxson died while on board. Soon, the remaining members in the Capital became splintered and went their separate ways. These days, rumors have circulated about the Citadel being haunted. It’s common to hear about would-be explorers attempting to get in… and never leaving.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
As I said, I'm pretty much interested. I've not played a lot of Fallout 3 (4 being my main game), but you've got a pretty good setting outline so far. How did Vault 101 fare in all this? Are they still keeping people from leaving, or have things changed since then?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: U.N. 0W3N
CHASE CITY HISTORY/SUMMARY/INFO​
Before the founder of Chase City wandered into the Chevy Chase, it was originally known as the home of Galaxy News Radio and a Brotherhood of Steel base. After the heroic efforts of the Lone Wanderer to bring clean water into the Capital Wastes, relationships between Three Dog (the first occupant of the area along with his assistant, Margaret) and the BoS was great. It wasn’t until the death of Elder Lyons that tension between BoS and the denizens of the Capital Wasteland started.

Ties between Three Dog and BoS was broken when one of the later elders ordered Three Dog to surrender the GNR building over. A 3-day stand off ensued, ending when the elder was taken out of power and a new one came into place. New orders were given to abandon the GNR building and plaza.

Contact between Three Dog and the Brotherhood of Steel ended in 2280

In 2281, Sir Francis Bacon Newton ventured into the Chevy Chase to seek out Three Dog and his radio station. He led a small army of assorted robots to introduce himself to the infamous DJ in order to join him in the “good fight” he regularly preaches on the air. The two struck a deal to work together to establish a home for himself, his son, and all the rest of the drifters of the Wastes. Within 5 years, the Chevy Chase, the subway tunnels, and the surrounding area become a thriving utopia in the Capital Wasteland.

Chase City is one of the most technologically advanced and safest places in the region, taking up the Chevy Chase around the famous GNR Plaza. Working with other known factions they’re simply trying to make sure they continue to thrive in the face of adversary. Here, all the most interesting jobs in the Capital Wastelands make their way here. Whether it’s taking out slavers, retrieving lost technology, or taking on hunts of great mutated beasts, if you want the caps, you take the jobs.

@Dravencour
I am thinking that they have since been destroyed and taken over by a new faction: the Army of Dave. I do plan on having a survivor hole themselves in the fictional settlement of Chase City for some interesting missions in that regard.

I don't have much to say but...awesome!

• Bucket of Rainbows
I'll say that I am planning on doing one of those ol' fashioned "motley crew that gets over their head's" deal for this thread. I am looking for variety and what not with the cast to balance one another out. So, if you have character ideas and what not, you can vomit them in here. Also, I like taking ideas/suggestions for missions/jobs/insanity and what not too. AND..

If y'all want to make something canon (like I'm making a fucking post apocalyptic taco stand and vertibird ports) throw them up in here.

• Love
OH! Big thing with the character idea.. let me just link a dude that I'm planning on bringing in here. It's an incomplete profile, but at least the stat info and shit is enough to get it across: Cyril. There's some things I need to change about him/remember, but, for the most part... he's the brain.

So what are the Regulators and Talon Company doing in the meantime? Are they still around?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Hmm... good question. I was thinking that Talon Company ends up being absorbed/joining up with the slavers and Tenpenny Tower. As for the Regulators... I'm not sure actually. You have any ideas/suggestions? If I can't come up with anything, I may just have them get absorbed with Reily's Rangers or something.

Hmm... good question. I was thinking that Talon Company ends up being absorbed/joining up with the slavers and Tenpenny Tower. As for the Regulators... I'm not sure actually. You have any ideas/suggestions? If I can't come up with anything, I may just have them get absorbed with Reily's Rangers or something.
You know, former Talon Company merc wouldn't be a bad character concept. Someone who used to do a lot of bad shit for the caps, but drew the line at working with slavers, so when Talon joined the slavers, our merc bugged out. His former compadres are none too happy with him on that score, and so have come gunning for him.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Hot damn! I like that idea a lot actually. Could be that he's been trying to find some sort of stable income but can't. Could be his reputation as a former Talon Company merc is turning him away from potential employers.

Talon Company are a lot like the Gunners from Fallout 4 -- they're little better than raiders, but they're a lot more heavily armed. I remember MacCready, who went from running Little Lamplight to running with the Gunners for a while before breaking with them and going independent.

Reactions: Alibaba
Yeah... Talon Company are annoying as fuck, especially when you go positive karma. At one point, I just got sick of them. So, I went to their main base and wipe them out. ... the bastards keep coming no matter what. So, I am up for the Talon Company to migrate to where the caps are and what not. And, your dude's rep can be in the gutter just by association with them and all that jazz.

Yeah... Talon Company are annoying as fuck, especially when you go positive karma. At one point, I just got sick of them. So, I went to their main base and wipe them out. ... the bastards keep coming no matter what. So, I am up for the Talon Company to migrate to where the caps are and what not. And, your dude's rep can be in the gutter just by association with them and all that jazz.
You mentioned jobs against slavers being available in Chase City. Since my ex-merc does not like slavers on general principle (since they were the main reason he quit Talon Company), I can see him taking a few jobs along those lines, just to stick it to the bastards.

That can work once his rep is cleared up. It could be that Talon Company was rumored to side with the Slavers Faction and what not. So it could the starting point of development for your dude: redemption.

Yeah. That's kinda what I'm shooting for here. Revenge and redemption are two of my favorite kinds of character arcs. I've not yet hammered out the guy's backstory and personality yet, but I want there to be a reason that he joined the Talons and put up with bad job after bad job until the last straw that drove him to quit.

It'll come to you once things click in your head. For me, it takes the right music to get things going. For the time being, I'm focusing on building the main base of this group for the thread. It's kinda my weakness to build world thangs. xD So, if there's a building or some sort of shop/entertainment you want in "Chase City," let me know.

Ugh, I'm such a noob though. I only know the world of Courier and Fallout NV that I had to google what's going on. I promise it's not going to be a hindrance becaaaaaaauuuse. I dibs team doctor spot. If that's cool. I'll play a young and rather clueless doctor.

• Bucket of Rainbows
*slips in silently*

• Bucket of Rainbows
Status
Not open for further replies.