CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
If possible, as most of my experience is with Fallout 4 (and a bit of Vegas and 3), I was wondering if I could play as someone coming in from outside. I sort of have a thing for robot type things, so I sort of had the idea of either escaped synth (Railroad) or Courser/regular synth (Institute). A Railroad synth could just have been moved away and ended up in the Capitol, while an Institute one could have a variety: since all that is stated above is the Prydwen was destroyed, the Institute could have won (so the synth could either be investigating the Brotherhood's origins or looking for the lost Dr. Zimmer) or lost (escaping a hostile land to a place deemed more safe, possibly still in pursuit of Dr. Zimmer, or looking to simply scavenge Vertibird tech or whatnot, like maybe the Institute wants their own airship thing). Of course, for both it could be kept vague (Railroad synth having no idea how it ended because he got out beforehand, Institute one simply being secretive as the Institute is wont to be). Of the two, I prefer Institute, but either works.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: U.N. 0W3N
Hmm...

*interest has been piqued*

If possible, as most of my experience is with Fallout 4 (and a bit of Vegas and 3), I was wondering if I could play as someone coming in from outside. I sort of have a thing for robot type things, so I sort of had the idea of either escaped synth (Railroad) or Courser/regular synth (Institute). A Railroad synth could just have been moved away and ended up in the Capitol, while an Institute one could have a variety: since all that is stated above is the Prydwen was destroyed, the Institute could have won (so the synth could either be investigating the Brotherhood's origins or looking for the lost Dr. Zimmer) or lost (escaping a hostile land to a place deemed more safe, possibly still in pursuit of Dr. Zimmer, or looking to simply scavenge Vertibird tech or whatnot, like maybe the Institute wants their own airship thing). Of course, for both it could be kept vague (Railroad synth having no idea how it ended because he got out beforehand, Institute one simply being secretive as the Institute is wont to be). Of the two, I prefer Institute, but either works.
When I played Fallout 4, I sided with the Minutemen and blew the everloving crap out of the Institute (because my Sole Survivor could not condone what the hell her son was doing to the Commonwealth, especially when she found out that they were using the FEV on kidnapped wastelanders) but made sure to issue the evacuation order allowing the innocents of the place, including synths, to get the hell out of there. Considering that the Prydwen got blown to hell in this particular version of events, it could be either a Minutemen, Railroad or Institute victory.

Last edited:
Oh shit! xD This place blew up! Aight. Give me just a second...

@Banana-senpai
Clueless doctor. xD Hope they got their heads together when it comes to the important parts. Like administering chems or when they're performing delicate surgery. They could be working for a clinic in Chase City and what not.

@Viral
@Dravencour
I was having so much trouble deciding the fate of the Commonwealth. I already wanted East Coast BoS crippled so it affects the Capital Wasteland. But hmm... could be that the character in question has no idea that they're a synth. Like, they're a part of of the group that the Sole Survivor helped escaped and they underwent surgery and a mind wipe. It'd make an interesting reveal in the thread when the time comes.

I was thinking of a Railroad/Minuteman ending for the Commonwealth. xD

@everyone else
Keep lurking and reading the posting information. Again, if you have environment stuff to add and what not, toss'em up.

• Thank You
Reactions: Banana-senpai
Honestly I'd like to bring the character I have always used in Fallout. The name is more of a title that's passed onto the next person.

The Atomic Survivor sometimes he's also called the Lone Atom. Yes, I write deeply complex and connecting fan fiction with my characters since Fallout 1. And the names been traditionally around ever rendition of the game I played. And I've passed it on to each new character.

Except Fallout 4. Because the game ignored any Sneak Scientist play through.

In this case, I'd like to keep the Atomic Survivor as a wasteland courier of some sort. Who is vaguely talked about in some fashion of gaining the name because he stood up to a raider gang. The raiders were more than likely making life miserable for couriers and merchants alike. Killing them and taking their stuff. While the Courier Companies and Merchants were waiting for someone to take on the job and get rid of the raiders.

Emmet, this new version of Atomic Survivor, decided he had enough and wasn't going to wait for a mercenary to come and be paid for the job. So he sought out to defeat the raiders himself. Everyone thought he was going to died. But he managed to defeat the raiders.

Or that's the back story I am going with as a concept.

@Clyde
Hmm... I don't think it's going to work in this thread concept to be honest with you. The Atomic Survivor seems like a one-man show when I'm trying to pull together a thread where a group of wastelanders/settlers/ex mercs/what have you work together to take on odd jobs in the Wastelands. So, each member would need to rely on one another for their strengths to make up for their weaknesses.

Emmet seems like he wouldn't fit in the dynamic.

@Clyde
Hmm... I don't think it's going to work in this thread concept to be honest with you. The Atomic Survivor seems like a one-man show when I'm trying to pull together a thread where a group of wastelanders/settlers/ex mercs/what have you work together to take on odd jobs in the Wastelands. So, each member would need to rely on one another for their strengths to make up for their weaknesses.

Um.......

okay so you do understand the difference between a backstory, the things before the RP and what the RP is? Yes.

The concept was who He Was. And Now What He's Doing.

Whatever point is all of my characters are Sneak Scientist and I still like to keep the title Atomic Survivor

@Clyde

Furthermore, and yeah I know double post.

That be like saying my assassin in a fantasy RP could not be in the fantasy RP because its a RP about a party of people grouping together and doing something together.

Occupations shouldn't exclude people from joining a group. I never said my character's a lone wolf. Was bringing up an idea I had for a backstory inspired by the thread.

By in large my characters have always been about working in a team.

Emmet, this new version of Atomic Survivor, decided he had enough and wasn't going to wait for a mercenary to come and be paid for the job. So he sought out to defeat the raiders himself. Everyone thought he was going to died. But he managed to defeat the raiders.

Pretty much a solo man if I do say so myself.

It also depends on what kind of scientist as well. I had linked up to a doc about a character idea I was gonna bring into the thread. A "genius" in terms of Pre-War Tech. He specializes in robotics and weapon creation. So, kind of a science dude. xD

As for the assassin example, the class has a weakness of themselves. They can only work in the shadows and can't confront enemies head on. They would need to rely on a warrior type for face to face confrontation. Then, the assassin would need some sort of mage or doctor to help them when they're battered and beaten. Then, you can have someone that's a mage buff them. There is balance in that.

There doesn't seem to be a balance in someone that wiped out an entire group of raiders on their own.

As for the assassin example, the class has a weakness of themselves. They can only work in the shadows and can't confront enemies head on. They would need to rely on a warrior type for face to face confrontation. Then, the assassin would need some sort of mage or doctor to help them when they're battered and beaten. Then, you can have someone that's a mage buff them. There is balance in that.

There doesn't seem to be a balance in someone that wiped out an entire group of raiders on their own.

I never said he did. Now did I? This is probably where I was going to add in the group from the RP. This was your job as a GM to springboard off the idea I proposed. Instead of assuming.

He's also a sneak character. Actually most of my skills were about evasion and distraction. Most of the time in many of the Fallout games, especially the more recent ones. I don't even bother killing enemies, I sneak around them or lay down traps. That's the type of characters I go for.

And, as a GM, I gotta put the breaks down when I sense an OP character is all. But, I digress. I gotta put up the thread (along with the profile) and what not before I can pass real judgement. For now...

I do like the idea of a sneaky type of character. Just means I can include some sneak shit areas/missions for the group to deal with.

@Viral
@Dravencour
I was having so much trouble deciding the fate of the Commonwealth. I already wanted East Coast BoS crippled so it affects the Capital Wasteland. But hmm... could be that the character in question has no idea that they're a synth. Like, they're a part of of the group that the Sole Survivor helped escaped and they underwent surgery and a mind wipe. It'd make an interesting reveal in the thread when the time comes.

I was thinking of a Railroad/Minuteman ending for the Commonwealth. xD

Sweet. I'm contemplating making him anti-synth just to add to the surprise. Maybe a sniper type character or just plain bruiser since he would be a synth.

Also, I was wondering about two things: The Mechanist(s) and the Cabots. The Cabots are entirely Commonwealth territory, so they might not even show (probably wouldn't in any case) but if they would, then there could either be fully mortal Cabots (which would be much easier to handle) or Lorenzo, the very Lovecraftian and mysterious Cabot (who could be a useful plot device). Of course, they probably simply wouldn't show up, solving any difficulties.

The Mechanist is a bit of both: the Fallout 3 and 4 Mechanists are different people. Once again, the problem could be solved by having them not there or just both dead. The 4 one, I think, is the more interesting to have around, or at least her army. There are rogue bits of it around, after all. Of course, there could be little to no presence in the Capitol, once again solving a problem.

• Bucket of Rainbows
And, as a GM, I gotta put the breaks down when I sense an OP character is all. But, I digress. I gotta put up the thread (along with the profile) and what not before I can pass real judgement. For now...

I do like the idea of a sneaky type of character. Just means I can include some sneak shit areas/missions for the group to deal with.

Wasn't trying to make an op character. I have a flair for the dramatics and put things in overt detail. But he didn't take the raiders down himself.

Reactions: Alibaba
I like a bruiser anti-synth type. xD That is just fucking hilarious mang.

Hmm... that's more stuff to contemplate for the Commonwealth. For the time being, I was going to have missions start in the Capital Wastelands before expanding to other regions because of one thing: I have no idea what i want to do with some areas. I already got the Mojave mapped the fuck out. I haven't mapped out the West Coast, Texas, Mid-west, and Commonwealth... Commonwealth being one of those places I don't know what kind of shit I want happening to them besides the ending choice. I actually never played any of the DLCs for Fallout 4. xD That would be something i have to look into and research before I can actually discuss that. And, oh God.... xD wombo combo Lorenzo and that fucking book from Point Lookout.... I'll think about that. xD

PFFT! Aight... xD Sorry mang. I'm pretty dense like pound cake sometimes. I took it as literal. I think he'd work if you keep him "to the shadows" and what not. Though... thinking now... what if there was some funny ass reason that he took out the group of raiders? Like, all he did was push an object down and it just started a cataclysmic Rube Goldberg machine effect (along with the raiders being fucking dumbasses and strung out) that wiped them out? Just tossing it out there.

High-level Fallout PCs can pretty much wipe the floor with anything like a complete badass. My Sole Survivor was killing frigging Deathclaws in VATS because of her maxed out .44 and her build which allowed her to crank out multiple crits in succession and knowledge of their weak point, and there was one perk I got called Penetrator which allowed me to shoot through walls and body parts, which among other things even allowed me to destroy Sentry Bots by blowing through their armor and taking out their fusion cores.

• Nice Execution!
PFFT! Aight... xD Sorry mang. I'm pretty dense like pound cake sometimes. I took it as literal. I think he'd work if you keep him "to the shadows" and what not. Though... thinking now... what if there was some funny ass reason that he took out the group of raiders? Like, all he did was push an object down and it just started a cataclysmic Rube Goldberg machine effect (along with the raiders being fucking dumbasses and strung out) that wiped them out? Just tossing it out there.

Totally fine with me. It works in Emmet's nature anyway.

He says, what if I pushed this button

OH.....robots......well I just tripped the security system

*whistles and walks away*

• Bucket of Rainbows
also, does this mean we can get rid of the everyone came from a Vault history?

After playing Nuka Cola World, which I think is the best fucking DLC Bethseda has had in a long long time. I was thinking, Bethseda, why couldn't we have had this? Why couldn't we had some slaver or some raider's child who grew up in Nuka World, who then took over Nuka World, then srpead his influence to the Wasteland.

That sounds fucking amazing balls idea.

But no.

We get retired army vet instead.

And I'm likefuck you.

There goes my field sneak scientist because its no longer canon since we see Nathan in power armor and dialogue states he was a grunt in infantry

Status
Not open for further replies.