[CLOSED!] Sailing in the Stars: The Beginning [OOC/Sign-Ups]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jack Nolan

Class is cancelled, time to make an Alien Ambassador. What can you tell me about the Belarus' mission, and how would an ambassador be helpful on board?

Completed

Belarus Crew Application
Name: Bariu Përulur

Species: Njerëzor, a race of bipedal humanoids who rule the Theocratic Ascendancy of Vatan, a faction which controls a large portion of the Perseus Arm of the galaxy. They are characterized by their religious zealotry, isolationism, and rigidly structured society.

Appearance Details:
Body Build: Slender
Height: 173 cm (5'8")
Weight: 68 kg (150 lbs.)
Notable Features: Hard Carapace; UV Filters Over Eyes

Position Applying For: Dërguari (Envoy) of Përendor Bashkim Vasil

Personality: Bariu is distrustful of information that doesn't conform with the beliefs of the Vatani, so although he is intelligent and a practical problem solver, he is almost incapable of acting or thinking in a manner that does not conform with his religion. That said, he is a peaceful individual with a spirit for diplomacy and is trained to attempt to resolve conflicts through meaningful dialogue and compromise.

History: Bariu was born into the Dërguari Caste on Vatan, his people's homeworld, and was destined to be an envoy and diplomatic aid since the day of his conception. He was raised to accept his people's faith without question, and taught that as an envoy he would come into contact with heretical beliefs held by other peoples and shown how to shield his faith against corruption. Several years ago Vatan formed a trade alliance with Belarus Enterprises, allowing them to enter and explore Vatani space under certain conditions. One of the listed conditions of the agreement was the permanent assignment of a Vatani Envoy to every Belarus ship which wanted permission to pass through their territory. Bariu was the envoy assigned to the Belarus, and has provided information for this application out of respect for foreign customs.

Strengths: Diplomatic, Intelligent, Knowledgeable, and Capable of Operating in Low Oxygen.

Weaknesses: Religious, Tight-Lipped, Questionable Loyalty, Minimal Combat Training and Experience.

Other: Vatani have internal genitalia and a chitinous exoskeleton, so clothing only serves a purpose for them as a symbol of status and rank.

##WARNING!: All fields marked with (*) MUST be filled in or your application could be rejected!

##APPLICANT SIGNATURE!:

I, the undersigned, hereby state that all information filled in above is truthful and correct to the best of my knowledge. I understand that false information could lead to my immediate disqualification of employment and acknowledge that I am not allowed to pursue legal action against Belarus Enterprises as such.

Signature: ___Bariu Përulur___ Date: _09/27/2617_
[/imga][/fieldset[/fieldset]

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Gabriel 'Gabe' Sinclair
Species: Human
Appearance: Standing at 6'1", Gabriel is a rather burly guy, indicative of his intense dedication to his body and health. He has dark brown eyes and a naturally dark skin tone due to his mixed ethnic background. His hair is naturally thick, wavy, and a light brown, though Gabe makes sure it is shaved at all times.
Position Applying For: Field Work/General Duties/Whatever Position is Available
Personality: Gabriel tends to focus and obsess on immediate goals, whether it be his job, body, or whatever he's currently working on. He tends to be rather friendly and easygoing with humans, but is cold to other species. While not openly hostile, Gabe doesn't tend to hide his xenophobic attitudes-- Still, he'd much rather avoid a topic if it would likely result in harsh conflict. While known for his reliability and his willingness to do whatever is required of him, Gabe can be a frustratingly stubborn individual.
History: Born in 2584 on one of the colony space stations surrounding Mars to Mary and Alexander Sinclair. Gabe's parents were both in the military, Mary a researcher and Alexander. They had met years ago in their training days, and had grown closer throughout the years. They both retired for a couple of years to settle down on one of the growing space colonies, birthing two children, Gabriel and Eliza. When Eliza was old enough, she enlisted in military training like her parents, who eventually returned to full-time duty themselves. Gabe sought a different path, managing to get into a prestigious University on Earth and thinking he wanted to do work similar to his mother. Unfortunately, an accident during what was supposed to be me a small trip through space obliterated most of Gabe's right leg and did extensive damage to his torso.

Advancements in medicine and technology meant that Gabe would eventually recover and gain full use of his body once again, but it was a difficult process to deal with. Even though he could have continued his studies once he finished, Gabe instead dropped out of school, and when he was able, started doing contract work the government's space operations. While not considered a 'mercenary' in the technical sense, Gabe's duties for the next decade took on that sort of aspect, fostering reliability in the man and gaining him a general set of skills. He eventually stopped working with Earth's governments and found work on his own, further broadening his experience.

Gabe's father, while also a veteran, has been a known member of various xenophobic groups. Though their numbers and influence has greatly declined over the recent years, Alexander Sinclair had always been a visible and outspoken voice for 'human solidarity'. Not entirely surprising, this attitude has rubbed off on Gabe, even though he didn't spend much time with his father past his teenage years. While not the activist his father was, Gabe's known to be outspoken on the matter. Though his mother retired a few years ago, his father is still out in space. Gabe's sister, Eliza, is currently assisting with colony development in far away worlds.
Strengths: In top physical form. He is perfectly comfortable and ultimately at home in space. Gabe's life had allowed him to develop a very adaptable set of skills, though he is a bit more capable with physical grunt work.
Weaknesses: Most obvious of all, Gabriel does not work well with any race who is not human. One could argue that his haphazard life has resulted a lack of expertise in any one field-- though no one would call on him to be in a leadership position or to handle strategy. Furthermore, while he's fully recovered, Gabe has lingering psychological trauma from his accident so many years ago. His right leg can feel useless at times, or can cause him dull to severe pain, though extensive medical examination has told Gabe that it's all in his head.
Other: Gabe's a member of a few xenophobic groups, but in name only. He doesn't keep up with them, nor does he make mention of his association with them.
##WARNING!: All fields marked with (*) MUST be filled in or your application could be rejected!
##APPLICANT SIGNATURE!:
I, the undersigned, hereby state that all information filled in above is truthful and correct to the best of my knowledge. I understand that false information could lead to my immediate disqualification of employment and acknowledge that I am not allowed to pursue legal action against Belarus Enterprises as such.
Signature: Gabriel Sinclair Date: 09/28/2617

I wasn't really sure what position to put him on.

Reactions: Mari

I think a Xenophobe will make for some serious shit stirring.

I like it.

Completed

Belarus Crew Application

Name: Bariu Përulur

Species: Vatani, a race of bipedal humanoids who control a large portion of the [Insert] Arm of the galaxy. They are characterized by their religious zealotry, isolationism, and rigidly structured society.

Appearance Details:
Body Build: Slender
Height: 173 cm (5'8")
Weight: 68 kg (150 lbs.)
Notable Features: Hard Carapace; UV Filters Over Eyes

Position Applying For: Dërguari (Envoy) of Përendor Bashkim Vasil

Personality: Bariu is distrustful of information that doesn't conform with the beliefs of the Vatani, so although he is intelligent and a practical problem solver, he is almost incapable of acting or thinking in a manner that does not conform with his religion. That said, he is a peaceful individual with a spirit for diplomacy and is trained to attempt to resolve conflicts through meaningful dialogue and compromise.

History: Bariu was born into the Dërguari Caste on Vatan, his people's homeworld, and was destined to be an envoy and diplomatic aid since the day of his conception. He was raised to accept his people's faith without question, and taught that as an envoy he would come into contact with heretical beliefs held by other peoples and shown how to shield his faith against corruption. Several years ago Vatan formed a trade alliance with Belarus Enterprises, allowing them to enter and explore Vatani space under certain conditions. One of the listed conditions of the agreement was the permanent assignment of a Vatani Envoy to every Belarus ship which wanted permission to pass through their territory. Bariu was the envoy assigned to the Belarus, and has provided information for this application out of respect for foreign customs.

Strengths: Diplomatic, Intelligent, Knowledgeable, and Capable of Operating in Low Oxygen.

Weaknesses: Religious, Tight-Lipped, Questionable Loyalty, Minimal Combat Training and Experience.

Other: Vatani have internal genitalia and a chitinous exoskeleton, so clothing only serves a purpose for them as a symbol of status and rank.

##APPLICANT SIGNATURE!:

Signature: ___Bariu Përulur___ Date: _09/27/2617_
Wonderful, accepted and welcome back Aza. As for the first mission, we are looking at either a derelict ship or following up on rumors of an untapped ancient ruin. We are discussing it in the group that I have created.

Name: Gabriel 'Gabe' Sinclair
Species: Human
Appearance: Standing at 6'1", Gabriel is a rather burly guy, indicative of his intense dedication to his body and health. He has dark brown eyes and a naturally dark skin tone due to his mixed ethnic background. His hair is naturally thick, wavy, and a light brown, though Gabe makes sure it is shaved at all times.
Position Applying For: Field Work/General Duties/Whatever Position is Available
Personality: Gabriel tends to focus and obsess on immediate goals, whether it be his job, body, or whatever he's currently working on. He tends to be rather friendly and easygoing with humans, but is cold to other species. While not openly hostile, Gabe doesn't tend to hide his xenophobic attitudes-- Still, he'd much rather avoid a topic if it would likely result in harsh conflict. While known for his reliability and his willingness to do whatever is required of him, Gabe can be a frustratingly stubborn individual.
History: Born in 2584 on one of the colony space stations surrounding Mars to Mary and Alexander Sinclair. Gabe's parents were both in the military, Mary a researcher and Alexander. They had met years ago in their training days, and had grown closer throughout the years. They both retired for a couple of years to settle down on one of the growing space colonies, birthing two children, Gabriel and Eliza. When Eliza was old enough, she enlisted in military training like her parents, who eventually returned to full-time duty themselves. Gabe sought a different path, managing to get into a prestigious University on Earth and thinking he wanted to do work similar to his mother. Unfortunately, an accident during what was supposed to be me a small trip through space obliterated most of Gabe's right leg and did extensive damage to his torso.

Advancements in medicine and technology meant that Gabe would eventually recover and gain full use of his body once again, but it was a difficult process to deal with. Even though he could have continued his studies once he finished, Gabe instead dropped out of school, and when he was able, started doing contract work the government's space operations. While not considered a 'mercenary' in the technical sense, Gabe's duties for the next decade took on that sort of aspect, fostering reliability in the man and gaining him a general set of skills. He eventually stopped working with Earth's governments and found work on his own, further broadening his experience.

Gabe's father, while also a veteran, has been a known member of various xenophobic groups. Though their numbers and influence has greatly declined over the recent years, Alexander Sinclair had always been a visible and outspoken voice for 'human solidarity'. Not entirely surprising, this attitude has rubbed off on Gabe, even though he didn't spend much time with his father past his teenage years. While not the activist his father was, Gabe's known to be outspoken on the matter. Though his mother retired a few years ago, his father is still out in space. Gabe's sister, Eliza, is currently assisting with colony development in far away worlds.
Strengths: In top physical form. He is perfectly comfortable and ultimately at home in space. Gabe's life had allowed him to develop a very adaptable set of skills, though he is a bit more capable with physical grunt work.
Weaknesses: Most obvious of all, Gabriel does not work well with any race who is not human. One could argue that his haphazard life has resulted a lack of expertise in any one field-- though no one would call on him to be in a leadership position or to handle strategy. Furthermore, while he's fully recovered, Gabe has lingering psychological trauma from his accident so many years ago. His right leg can feel useless at times, or can cause him dull to severe pain, though extensive medical examination has told Gabe that it's all in his head.
Other: Gabe's a member of a few xenophobic groups, but in name only. He doesn't keep up with them, nor does he make mention of his association with them.
##APPLICANT SIGNATURE!:
Signature: Gabriel Sinclair Date: 09/28/2617

I accept your application, good sir and/or madam! We can take care of your official position in-game.

Also, I do apologize for the late response as I am currently out on an ice-fishing trip so if anyone messages me today with a greatly delayed response, tis because I am out freezing my ass off on a foot-thick of ice on the Missouri River.

• Thank You
Reactions: Atomyk
A xenophobe on a ship where half the crew are aliens, and a third of it are aliens who can't be mistaken for human.

A xenophobe on a ship where half the crew are aliens, and a third of it are aliens who can't be mistaken for human.

Outside of his full get up Feng is pretty alien. But yeah in the full gear and by silhouette alone he'd be easy to mistake as human.

Bariu is fairly polite and professional, so unless Sinclair forces the issue it would be hard to get him in a confrontation.

Bariu is fairly polite and professional, so unless Sinclair forces the issue it would be hard to get him in a confrontation.

With that in mind, Feng however would be quite the opposite and probably try to intice it.
I think we'll have a pretty good shtick going with this.

He's not likely to get confrontational for a while, but who knows...

Hey there! Is this still accepting character sheets, because I'd really like to join this roleplay.

NO GO AWAY WE HATE EVERYBODY!

-no good gm ever, 2015

Hi, I'm interested in joining this roleplay. I was wondering if I could make a mother/son pair of characters? My thought process is that every spaceship needs some comic relief, of course.

This premise I find very attractive. Expressing intention to join.

I wish to request some information about the actual roleplay, though: of what frequency will the in-character posting occur? Also, what if any are the expectations on the size and content of the posts?

I ask because I am aware of the limit of my capabilities, and as much as I would really like to take part in this, I also wish to be able to keep up with everything happening if I do, and from experiences I have learnt that is sometimes difficult.

Wish not to cause the other players any inconveniences.

Thank you.

Hi, I'm interested in joining this roleplay. I was wondering if I could make a mother/son pair of characters? My thought process is that every spaceship needs some comic relief, of course.
I have no problems with that at all. Im interested in seeing how it plays out.

This premise I find very attractive. Expressing intention to join.

I wish to request some information about the actual roleplay, though: of what frequency will the in-character posting occur? Also, what if any are the expectations on the size and content of the posts?

I ask because I am aware of the limit of my capabilities, and as much as I would really like to take part in this, I also wish to be able to keep up with everything happening if I do, and from experiences I have learnt that is sometimes difficult.

Wish not to cause the other players any inconveniences.

Thank you.
Frequency will revolve around the players themselves as life does get in the way. If your character is idling when something happens and you are busy, it could easily be said that you stayed on the ship. If dialogue is happening between two characters, I could easily redirect it to where the dialogue is cut short for some event if need be. As for the size, Im a firm believer in "What works for a response." Meaning, if you feel a novel is what you need then write that. If you just need a couple small paragraphs to respond, then so be it. Enforcing post sizes is silly to me and is off-putting to others.

Hope that helped~

Status
Not open for further replies.