[CLOSED!] Sailing in the Stars: The Beginning [OOC/Sign-Ups]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"When time is for food young Skladamir, you remembering always, if wheat-no eat!"

Really though cereal is right up there with music and sleeping on things I need in this world.

I eat cereal almost every day, but I'm out of milk so I'm going hungry.

Ghato Maek

sUIontu.jpg

Pictured: Ghato with his eyes closed. Don't you just hate blinking during pictures?

Name: Ghato Maek

Age: 55 (Equivalent to late 30's/early 40's in human years.)

Species: Mutrarian. Mutrarian skin is leathery, but most of their body is covered in plates of cartilage-like material, including their faces, backs, chests, forearms, as well as other nooks and crannies. Their skin color caries from grey to brown, with a few rare individuals with mottled patches of color. The plates on their bodies feel dense like bone, but their biological components put them closer to cartilage than actual bone. Pieces that chip off these plates grow back in a few years if the chip is small enough, and leave imperfections on the surface if the damage is big enough. Mutrarians have a significantly slower metabolism and their bodies can go without food for up to a month. Mutrarian culture features a weekly meal that is shared with one's family members or close friends called the Leeket (word significance puts it somewhere at "The Shared Meal" in English; although it literally translates to "moment sharing"). While some consider this old fashioned and simply eat when hungry, many still practice this weekly family meal. Mutrarians still need to drink regularly, and a lot of their businesses seek to profit from making flavored drinks. They have a lot of drinks on the market. Mutrarians cannot eat wheat or grains and will become sick if they do; this was discovered after human food began to appear in the galactic marketplace and Mutrarian customers suffered from upset stomachs after eating things like cereal and oatmeal. Several had to be hospitalized, although no one was seriously hurt. Mutrarian culture is particularly proud of naval prowess and its navy, making positions in their Star Naval Fleet an honor. Admirals and Captains are seen as role models for many young Mutrarians, both male and female. Mutrarians are also known for their massive shipyards and many of the largest star-ship manufacturers are owned by Mutrarians.

Fun Fact: After a Mutrarian serial killer stole and cannibalized unhatched eggs from Mutrarian homes a few decades ago, a derogatory remark towards Mutrarians is that they eat their young. While this is completely untrue, news of this individual's crime became viral and less pleasant individuals held it against the species as a whole. Every race has its sickos, but one of theirs became popular news. The killer was sentenced to life in prison and authorities had no comment regarding the state of the families who'd lost their soon-to-be children.

Appearance: Like most Mutrarians, Ghato has white plates covering several parts of his body. His skin is grey, a somewhat common color and his eyes are a pale blue. He stands at about 6'5" which is slightly above average for a male of his species. His covering plates have a few rough spots from either age or past wear-and-tear, although he's in good shape overall. He has three fingers and a thumb on eat hand (the usual for his kind) and Mutrarian legs end in four short claws; two facing forward, two facing back. Obviously, their footwear accommodates this.

Position Applying For: Chief of Security/Security Officer

Personality: Ghato is experienced and to some, fatherly. While not incredibly old, he's seen his fair share throughout his years and tries to be a good person to those he meets. He's very work-oriented, but a lot less than he used to be, having once developed an unhealthy case of cop-dedication. He's mellowed out now, but thankfully hasn't lost his touch. He takes his job seriously, but isn't against getting to know those he works with. In fact, he prefers it, since these are the people he will either be protecting or trusting to watch his back. He's levelheaded and often quite cheerful. He can be very chatty when the situation allows it. He will, however, become very stern when he feels the situation is calling for it. He's usually very accepting of people, but he can go from being the good friend to the lecturing father when he feels that someone needs to shape up. While this may obviously come off as hostile, it hides a more caring side towards others to the point that he feels he needs to get them to better themselves. It takes quite a lot to get him to give one his "You're better than this," speeches, since he can usually wave off a lot of things in his mellow age. Although it may indeed be a good sign, since a lecture is an alternative to just arresting them. It's because he cares; he could just cuff you. Either way, he's good at talking to people.

Back Story: Ghato was born on one of the Mutrarian colonies in the Erufnia system. When he was old enough, he joined up with the Navy like many Mutrarians do and had a lengthy, uneventful military career besides a few skirmishes and a small pirate vessel or two that needed arresting. He achieved the rank of Bow Captain (equivalent to Petty Officer 2nd Class in human naval ranking systems, which is four ranks above recruit e.g. a minor but respectable rank). Afterwards, Ghato went to live in one of the larger systems and became a security officer.

He lived and worked in a city that served as a political and business hub which meant that species from all corners of the known universe gathered and lived in this city. From its slums to its high estates, he worked as an officer dealing with everything from lost pets to drug runners. Because of this, he was exposed to and learned the mannerisms and quirks of many different species. While not an expert in the cultures of others, he knows the practical things like the fact that Bograns become insulted if spoken to indirectly (use "did you" instead of "did anyone"); the fact that Elchrack are best questioned away from their peers due to minor telepathic communication in the species; and that a human handshake may be seen as a threat by the Heetan, which will make them less likely to cooperate, even if they know you didn't mean it. All these little things became necessary knowledge when each district in the city featured a different race, if it didn't have already them all living next to each other.

After hearing about a voyage that needed hands (or tentacles, or claws, or digits) he decided to join up and see more of the universe. While he was happy with his life as an officer of the law, he couldn't deny that he wanted to see the universe one more time before he was too old to do it. He signed up, made sure to mention his extensive experience in security and military affairs.
Ghato is married (Mutrarian marriage is a little different in detail, but its the same idea) and has two sons. One of them is serving in the Navy like he did and the other is studying in a university geared towards spaceship engineering. His wife passed away a decade ago due to disease and he has since come to terms with it. He is very proud of both of his sons.

Strengths: Good at his job, very caring towards other personnel, experience working with other species, and at least three decades of experience in military and security operations.

Weaknesses: Hesitates when it comes to using violence against others (he can pull the trigger if he has to, but he doesn't like it), getting old, and can't eat cereal.

Other: Ghato isn't above showing off pictures of his kids to people. He has one in particular of his two sons in little Navy uniforms. The older son would be about 8 in human years and his younger was just learning to walk. Yeah, he's a baby picture dad.

##WARNING!: All fields marked with (*) MUST be filled in or your application could be rejected!
##APPLICANT SIGNATURE!:
I, the undersigned, hereby state that all information filled in above is truthful and correct to the best of my knowledge. I understand that false information could lead to my immediate disqualification of employment and acknowledge that I am not allowed to pursue legal action against Belarus Enterprises as such.
Signature: Ghato Maek Date:09/29/2617
Welcome to the crew, Sir Pinkleton! You have just filled our last available slot! Grats~

*goes back to groaning due to the hangover he decided to give himself*

Our sign-ups are now closed! We have two characters we are waiting on seeing from @Ouchies and @four but otherwise we are all said and done~

Game will start Wednesday the 25th.

Members, remember to join our group as shown on the OP of the thread~

Is everyone here a bad enough dude for space conquering?
don't even worry about answering I know the answer is yes.

Is everyone here a bad enough dude for space conquering?
don't even worry about answering I know the answer is yes.
Ill let you know when I start cutting down Willow trees on Runescape again.

I'm not sure if you knew, but I am currently vacationing in Orlando Florida until Friday with my family. However, unless there was a change in the character sheet, if somebody could post Chiaki's that would be fantastic.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm not sure if you knew, but I am currently vacationing in Orlando Florida until Friday with my family. However, unless there was a change in the character sheet, if somebody could post Chiaki's that would be fantastic.

Had not known, no. Luckily, I was able to retrieve it from the RP graveyard.

tumblr_static_tumblr_mfcuul3g8p1rmivjdo1_500.jpg

Name: Chiaki Nanami

Species: Human

Appearance: Chiaki has short, light pink hair which is slightly curled. She wears a white clip in the shape of the spaceship from Galaga to the side of her face and has pale pink eyes. She wears an unzipped dark green hoodie which has pointed ears on the top of her hood and two pink markings on the front. She is often seen wearing a pink cat-like backpack as well. Under her hoodie, she wears a white buttoned shirt with a pink ribbon and a pale brown skirt. Chiaki also wears black thigh highs and white shoes.

Position Applying For: Navigator

Personality: Normally has a blank expression on her face, her attitude towards most things are very much indifferent, also evident by her expression. Has a high level of concentration on navigating, handling technologies, and other tasks. Is very agreeable, mostly not questioning orders unless they are completely absurd, only bringing up crucial points in arguments or situations if they are completely necessary. Never causes outbursts, or even shows any negative emotion. She usually ends her sentences with a negative note even though she actually means to compliment someone or cheering someone, such as "...I think", or "Maybe...". A friend of hers once said that sometimes he wishes that Chiaki would end her positive sentence with a positive note.

History: Chiaki was fresh out of college with a Master's Degree in Geomatics and Navigation, now only one thing standing in her way before she was on her feet to a stable career, a home, maybe a family in the process!...After weeks of searching she couldn't find any, on the brink of being kicked out of her apartment onto the streets because her parents' weren't sending her bills for college since she was finished with all her classes, her room mates' were slackers, she quit her part-time job, and she was pretty much...Screwed. One night, after searching for countless hours, she found an opportunity to search the cosmos with a few crew members already on board. When she noticed they were lacking of a proper navigator through the cosmos, she sent them her resume and job application through their website and in less than a week they accepted her. With gathering her close possessions and giving her old life the middle finger, she set off to meet her new crew and help them go through the cosmos- hopefully a smooth easy journey thanks to her navigating.

Strengths: Navigating through the cosmos, Following orders, keeping a Poker face, keeping quiet, Aim

Weaknesses: Discussing, Arguing, Fighting, Working with no pressure, Easily distracted

Other: Was once held at gunpoint by mobsters, which could be why she is now so emotionless. Under intense pressure she also suffers from Nystagmus, which can effect how she deals with the situation.

(Nystagmus - Nystagmus most commonly causes the eyes to look involuntarily from side to side in a rapid, swinging motion rather than staying fixed on an object or person. Some nystagmuses, however, cause the eyes to jerk sideways or up and down.)

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Well hot damn, got a full crew and we're just two days away.

Also I think that you copied @Ouchies almost perfectly but it's missing a little Color.

Well hot damn, got a full crew and we're just two days away.

Also I think that you copied @Ouchies almost perfectly but it's missing a little Color.
Im not too worried about that. She can repaste it the way she wants when she gets back.

Oh, yay. I live in Florida.

How are you liking your stay?

I give the prices a 10/10 compared to Mass. If it weren't for the tax rates, Aza.

Welcome to the crew, Sir Pinkleton! You have just filled our last available slot! Grats~

Thanks, man. There's always some satisfaction in knowing that I've taken the last of something. It's like availability is a game and I win.
Also, am I Chief of Security or a regular Security Officer? I put both cause I was hoping for the big Chief position with the nice salary and dental insurance, but I suggested Security Officer in case I didn't make the cut.
I can't eat cereal, man...

Status
Not open for further replies.