[CLOSED] Armored Descent | A Power Armor/Mecha Group Roleplay/CYOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
question: what hapens to extra resources? can they be added to other [BCOLOR=transparent]features?[/BCOLOR]
Good question! No, the 'extra resources' will be stored in the suit's memory.
Perhaps you'll have an opportunity to use them later in the story...

Name: Isaac Grey Walter

Hobbies:
Fighting
Board Games
Boy Scouts

Life shaping:
conspiracy theorists

Suit:
mesh

Systems:
Nerve Carapace
Navigation
Smart AI

Weapons:
Bladed Melee: Molecular wire (I'm not sure what it is)
Electropulse

A molecular wire is most likely similar to a garrote, I think. Two handles with a wire between them, and the wire can cut through most things. Or at least, that's what I think from seeing those words.

This looks pretty sweet, think I'll make myself up a CS and suit.

(Inner voice): MECH SUITS! YES! WOOHOOOOO!

Character Sheet:

Name: Axle Draveson

Appearance: Honestly, Axle is an ordinary dude. He stands at a tall 6' 4" (Ugh can't remember if I get these mixed up or not), is often seen wearing a shirt related to some form of music or show, and has short black hair and brown eyes. He has a few small scars on his face from a freak light-bulb/dog accident though.

Hobbies:

Video games - Axle has been a gamer ever since he was a wee lad. A gamer with a fair amount of natural talent, and capable of easily learning the controls to any game he plays. Also, the fact he's played a few Armored Core games may factor in to some of his actions.

Socializing - This is an odd one. While Axle is a pretty social person he only speaks a lot when around his friends. Around strangers, it varies with how he greets them. Sometimes he starts up a conversation right off the bat. Other times, he just stays quiet and leaves other people alone.

Board games - Axle has dabbled in a few of these as well. Except nearly none of them have any tactical effect on his mind. Such things as monopoly and apples to apples not being the most strategy related. The effect these have had on him, are more of a humor thing than an increase in tactical ability. Oh, maybe a bit of dumb luck too.

Life Shaping Event:

None! Axle has absolutely nothing out of the ordinary in his past whatsoever. Except maybe one of his parents writing and drawing as a hobby. Even then there isn't any scarring or odd event that made Axle what he was. Axle is just Axle, deal bro. Well except for that one freak lightbulb/dog accident, but nobody talks about that anymore.

- - -

Suit Name: (To be revealed)

Type: Medium Class

Appearance: Axle's suit is made to resemble his general body shape as much as possible. With exceptions when it came to the iron bands around his wrists and ankles. Each iron band sporting several rows of small decorative spikes on their surface. His helmet is a rounded surface, with the stylized face of a dragon on its front. On his back is an emblem of two swords impaled into a draconic skull, each sword resembling his riptide weapon. Going down his arms are a pair of twisting red stripes, resembling DNA.

Support Systems:

Smart AI - Details will be flushed out over course of the RP

Thrusters - Anti-Gravity boosters located in various locations on the suit. Allowing Axle to make short bursts of movement while on the ground and in the air. Not enough to generate flight, but enough to increase speed and avoid attacks while in mid-air. (Cause I just HAVE to jump-punch something at some point.)

Navigation - The better to chase down villains with! That and Axle gets lost quite a bit if he isn't anywhere familiar.

Weapon Systems:

Missiles - Due to the suits navigation ability, Axle can fire the missiles at a specific location if he needs to. Or, alternatively, long-range bombard a dude if the missiles reach far enough.

Bladed Melee: Riptide! - A wicked sword with a chainsaw built into the edge of the blade. Looks like an ordinary claymore though, except for the red neon line going down the blade. Carried on the suit.

EMP Cannon - Used to cause enemy suits optics to malfunction, and allow Axle to get in close without worry of attacks directly targeted his way. Disables his own navigation function when used however. (Obviously the enemy suit has to be hit first to go on the fritz)

Last edited by a moderator:
@FracturedMancer

The only argument I'd have is the EMP Cannon. While powerful, it is not effective enough to completely disable enemy suits. :)
Also, the part of Smart AIs will probably be played by the GM (myself).

So I don't get to have a sentient AI pal under my control?

Eh, oh well. Less work for me.

What is your name? Andrea Hutz
What were your hobbies as a child? Video Games, Hunting, and Socializing
What shaped your life? Orphan.

Suit Variant: Mesh
Support Systems:
-Improved Vision (5 pts) - She doesn't want to get close to anyone, including her enemies.
-Nerve Carapace (10 pts) - But if she does...
-Tempered Armor (15 pts) - ...not that she'd let that happen.
-Thermal Vision (10 pts) - All the better to see you with
-Universal Translator (10 pts) - All the better to hear you with

Weapons:
-Electropulse (10 pts) - All the better to make you stfu with these stupid quotes.
-Medium Ballistics (Medium Machine Gun, 10 pts) - She likes to "work it": "this the kind of beat that go Ratata. Ratatata tatatatatata."

Last edited by a moderator:
The current lineup so far:

Player: @dunruffle
Suit Variant: Light

Support Systems:
Thermal Vision (10 pts)
Thrusters (10 pts)
Nerve Carapace (10 pts)
Communicator (15 pts)
Weapons:
Bladed Melee: Thermal Chainblade (5 pts)
Mounted Grenade Launcher (10 pts)
Electropulse Generator (10 pts)

Player: @quentan

Support Systems:
Thermal Vision (10 pts)
Navigation (5 pts)
Smart AI (35 pts)
Weapons:
Bladed Melee: Molecular Wire (5 pts)
Electropulse Generator (10 pts)

Player: @Verin
Suit Variant: Heavy

Support Systems:
Self-Repairing Nanites (20 pts)
Communicator (15 pts)
External Status (15 pts)
Weapons:
Railgun (20 pts)
Medium Ballistics: MMG (10 pts)
Missiles (15 pts)

Player: @FracturedMancer
Suit Variant: Medium

Support Systems:
Smart AI (35 pts)
Navigation (5 pts)
Thrusters (10 pts)
Weapons:
Missiles (15 pts)
Bladed Melee: Chainblade (5 pts)
EMP Cannon (15 pts)

Player: @*Ermine

Support Systems:
Improved Vision (5 pts)
Nerve Carapace (10 pts)
Tempered Armor (10 pts)
Thermal Vision (10 pts)
Universal Translator (10 pts)
Weapons:
Electropulse (10 pts)
Medium Ballistics: MMG (10 pts)

Player: @Vay
Suit Variant: Superheavy

Support Systems:
Self-Repairing Nanites (20 pts)
Tempered Armor (15 pts)
Enhanced Vision (5 pts)
Thrusters (10 pts)
Weapons:
Ion Cannon (25 pts)
Plasma Torch (20 pts)
Bladed Melee (5 pts)

Player: @Tribs
Suit Variant: Medium

Support Systems:
Nerve Carapace (10 pts)
Enhanced Vision (5 pts)
Navigation (5 pts)
Flight (15 pts)
Universal Translator (10 pts)
Weapons:
EMP Cannon (15 pts)
Heavy Ballistics: ??? (15 pts)
Lance Melee (5 pts)

[/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr]

Last edited:
We have everything but a superheavy, surprisingly enough. I might actually upgrade to that, if nobody wants to do it.

We have mostly midrange suits, and then @quentan with his pseudoninja build. @Verin, yours is the closest to a real 'big gun'.

Yeah, that's what I noticed. Which is why I figured that, if I was the heaviest, I might just jump a category if we need more.

The super heavy might make a good chasis for a damage soak... I could work brash and able to take the pounding the rest of the team wants to avoid into my character's stye and personality.

But the character I have in mind is pretty versatile so I'll take the heavy if Vernin wants the upgrade.

Well, I suppose that's entirely up to Verin. Regardless, I think with Vay joinin' the team I'm gonna go ahead and close sign-ups.

Aw damn it. Well let me know if the RP opens up again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.