Client 0013897

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Riley watched her walk across the grass, arms folded, steaming. He slid his eyes over to Brooks. He briefly wondered what would happen if he slammed his head into the table a few times. Just to drive the point home. Riley pushed the thoughts away as he opened the door slowly and stepped outside. Riley didn't trust himself to be...civil...if Brooks didn't back off. But for the time being, Riley let Brooks' dismembered but still alive body slip from his mind.

He strode across the field after Aspen. He caught up quickly but stayed a respectable distance behind her. He said her name once, softly, so much so that he doubted she heard it.

When he said her name, Aspen turned on her heel and walked toward him until she wrapped her arms around his waist, burying her face into his jacket. She inhaled his scent, trying to calm herself down.

"I hate him," she muttered, more to herself than Riley. "I hate him so, so much."

Why had Brooks chosen her? Why had he chosen Aspen to bully, to date while screwing other girls? Why had he chosen her? Why had he decided to ruin Aspen's life? He had never cared about her. He just wanted to make her life miserable.

A single tear escaped Aspen's eye, and she was glad Riley couldn't see it. She inhaled shakily. "I probably shouldn't have threatened him, it wasn't necessary."

Riley held her close, slowly running his fingers through her hair. His jaw set in a protective determination. He whispered her name and kissed the top of her head, then sat her down in the field and held her, slowly rocking.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: 1 person
Aspen slipped her hands into his jacket so she could hold him better. She felt muscle, and was oddly surprised. "You're an athlete?" she asked curiously. She hadn't expected him to be.

The rocking motion was soothing, calming. It pushed her anger at Brooks out of her mind.

"I used to run cross country, and I teach myself martial arts. So kinda." Riley replied. Her hands felt good on his back and he pressed his lips against her forehead.

Slowly, in case she wanted him to stop, Aspen slipped one hand just under his shirt and began tracing little patterns on the hard muscle of his back.

"You teach yourself martial arts?" she asked softly. "That's impressive. Just off YouTube videos or something? That's how I learned to sing."

"Yeah pretty much. Krav Maga is the easiest to find stuff for so it's mostly that. Not nearly as pretty as the Eastern styles." Riley's words trailed off as Aspen's fingers traced his back. A chill went up his spine.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: 1 person
"Forgive me for my insolence, but I have no idea who that is." She felt him shiver and shot her hand back, looking at him. "I'm sorry -- are you cold? Do you want to go inside?"

Aspen didn't want to go inside, she wanted to sit on the lawn forever and ever with Riley.

He smiled at her, softly reassuring her that he was fine. He touched his hand to her face, brushing away the dried tear. He wanted to put her hand back in his shirt but he didn't want to push her.

Aspen smiled back at him and, after slipping her hand back under his shirt, straightened up a tiny bit to kiss him on the mouth. She sat in his lap, holding him tightly while she kissed him, never wanting to let him go.

Riley gently pushed her onto her back so that the grass reached a few inches above them, obscuring any view of the school. He lay on his side next to her, looking at the sun splashed over her face. His fingers played with her hair and a slow smile spread across his lips.

Aspen was about to speak when the bell rang. She groaned, staring at the sky. "Do we have to go to class? Brooks is in my Physics class..."

Aspen rolled over so her head rested on Riley's chest. "Will you judge me if I ditch?"

"You'll have to make it up to me somehow..." He smiled devilishly. "Although, I don't want to make your mother, my doctor, angry. That seems like a bad idea."

"We could go to my house, the one outside the woods ... then you'll be back in time for your appointment with my mom." She didn't want Riley to miss that. "You don't have to come if you don't want to, I'll probably go anyway."

"As you wish," he whispered. He stood up and offered her his hand. He couldn't wait to be back in that quiet house of Aspen's. Maybe he'd play her more piano. Last time they were there things turned out quite well. At least he thought so.

Aspen drove to the house, playing her Of Monsters And Men album on the stereo. She loved that band.

The house was filled with light, filtered through the thick trees around the house. Aspen turned to Riley, standing in the hall. "What do you want to do?"

"Whatever you'd like Aspen. I'm yours to command."

Riley honestly didn't care what they did. He was happy to be with her and he was glad she looked happier than earlier. He stepped forward and hugged her. "Whatever you want"

Aspen took his hand and pulled him to the attic. The attic was filled with dusty trunks, and those trunks were filled with books. She opened one, sat down and began pulling books out.

She handed Riley her copy of The Art of War, by Sun Tzu. "Translated to English, of course," she said. "These books were my mother's. They were her father's, and so on. She didn't want them anymore, but she couldn't throw them out."

Riley was amazed to see the texts he had been reading online finally in person. It seemed that at every turn Aspen was there to surprise him with something else his life had lacked. And although it was wonderful, it began to highlight just how lacking his life outside of her was.

Aspen searched through the piles of books. "Pride and Prejudice, The Odyssey, The Way and Its Power by Lao Tzu ... " Aspen rattled off the titles of the books she found in the trunk. "Was there anything in particular you wanted to read? We probably have it here. My mother's father owned a bookstore."

Aspen wasn't actually sure Riley was a reader, but his reaction to The Art of War was promising. And he seemed like the type to enjoy reading. "We've got a couple of books in Russian, French and Spanish, but, I don't know if you can understand them."

Status
Not open for further replies.