City 47: An Original Superheroes RP [Character Sheets]

I finally got a post in! Sorry it took me so long, just have been real busy these past few days

I'm sorry to do this again, but I have to leave for a while. Something is stopping me from RPing at the moment, and until I get this figured out I wont be returning. The RPs I have running will just have to end cold turkey. I may or may no deactivate this account and catch up with everyone once I return and begin RPing again.

That really is sad :( I do hope you can return swiftly!
Do you want us to halt the RP too?
Then again, we can't really do a whole lot without you in the end, so the answer I guess is yes to that question.

Yeah, not much we can do but wait.

Maybe I really should put my own game together. I can at least be active enough. I tend to feel like I'm not the best GM to keep plot and events moving if it's all up to me, though.

Well you could make it a bit more of a sandbox setting, where people can do what they prefer, within a universe set up by you. (And make sure people are aware that they can go about it as such a setting and not a linear plot line)

That's probably what I would do. Superhero-style games are pretty easy to run that way. No need for some big organization giving orders or a major plot overall, but there are various plot threads people can follow in the form of recurring villains or the like. And in general, if things need to be shaken up, a villain can appear and do something.

Sandbox stuff also works well if people can play heroes or villains themselves, and thus provide additional things to do. As far as setting goes, there's probably the question of scale. It could be some sort of "emergent heroes" sort of game where super-powered anything is just starting out, and thus characters are presumably not super-strong but expected to grow, or it could start with more things established (say, early Justice League) where people are stronger but the threats are bigger and it's less "your city" than looking after things across the globe. I don't think I'd start things at the level of galaxy-spanning adventures, but they could always get there.

As far as a general setting goes (prevalence of super powers and average "power level" aside), I could make something from scratch, or I might give another crack at using the one from Double Cross, which establishes a lot of things (including all superhumans sharing a common origin).

Oh what you could do is like a superhero roleplay where the group is already established, as in, the heroes are already themed up and have a (secret) base. And then there's people that can play villains and wreck havoc wherever on the earth.

I think roleplays where the team has to form first often end up running too long before anyone actually teams up, and people might lose interest due to not knowing what to do or where to go.

Ill definatly be back. But I need to put this on a halt for now. I think its best if the RP is just put down?

That's unfortunate! Hopefully you can return soon!

I wouldn't call this RP (or any others) dead just yet. It's fine to put things on hold while you deal with stuff. I'm just someone with too much free time on his hands, so I might start my own thing in the meantime.

Oh what you could do is like a superhero roleplay where the group is already established, as in, the heroes are already themed up and have a (secret) base. And then there's people that can play villains and wreck havoc wherever on the earth.

I think roleplays where the team has to form first often end up running too long before anyone actually teams up, and people might lose interest due to not knowing what to do or where to go.
That's true. And a pretty good idea. I'll put up an interest check some time for a couple options, see what gets some attention, as both ideas I have could work. Double Cross tends to be less global in scope for its stories, but it has very good ways to have the heroic types organized as part of the same group, and the villains have their own loosely-connected organization, too.

Link me to it (like, tag or so) so I can find it when I'm back home