Christmas tree debate

Not all Christmas Trees are Pine trees. Many are Firs or Spruces. In my house we always had a Douglas Fir.

Growing up was always artificial.

Then we started getting real trees and I enjoyed it a lot more.

But, you heathens and your "pre-lit" trees, gtfo! That was one of the best things about a tree, was stringing it; testing the lights, using and extra strand or not, etc.

Then garland, and GLASS ornaments (Yes. There was almost always a broken bulb each year, and everyone had their favorites which we handled with the most care). Then add tinsel.

Personally? I hate pre-lit trees, "frosted" trees, odd coloured trees, and all these plastic ornaments. Just makes it feel...cheap.

Reactions: Windsong
Well it's nice to see all the different sides! Growing up I always had a real tree and it was my favorite thing about christmas! Now a days we have a artificial tree and it's just no the same, and all the fake needles and pulling apart branches to cover the huge gaping hopes really bothers me xD

Real for special occasions like a new baby, anniversary, marriage, etc..

Artificial for average years.

We have an artificial tree and my wife brings home a real wreath. It's hard to beat that piney smell to really make you think of the holidays.

Though volunteering at my church to unload trees to sell makes me hate all the sap and stickiness.