Christians should apologize to gays (according to the Pope)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since pretty much everything I wanted to say has been already said by others, I just wanna point something out:

We're all bigots! The literal definition of bigot is:

a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

So therefore, that makes us all guilty of bigotry because we can be intolerant of people who hold different opinions about things. Just like everyone's a hypocrite, everyone's a bigot.

I just wanted to say that for those pulling the bigot card (although it is pretty justified in some cases).

Reactions: Greenie
I just wanted to say that for those pulling the bigot card (although it is pretty justified in some cases).
So long as your bigotry doesn't justify the impediment or harm of others. The moment beliefs become more valuable than reality is the moment we're all doomed.
So therefore, that makes us all guilty of bigotry because we can be intolerant of people who hold different opinions about things. Just like everyone's a hypocrite, everyone's a bigot.
You're right! We're all bigots, I can finally come out of the closet!

I fucking hate Islam!

Wait, I'm not supposed to say that publicly? O-Oh... I'll uh... Um...

wGdM5.gif

Eh, well technically, as a belief, it's not really violating anyone's rights per se. A belief doesn't affect anyone except the person who holds it, the problem lies in when they decide to act on that belief; it's those actions that are violating human rights, and not the belief itself.
You are free to practice your beliefs, as long as it doesn't violate another persons rights".
I addressed this.

You are free to practice your beliefs, as long as it doesn't violate another persons rights
That statement could easily be interpreted in two different ways, either "You are free to practice your beliefs, as long as such practice doesn't violate human rights, or "You are free to practice your beliefs, as long as your beliefs don't violate human rights."

And since you immediately followed with:
And in a situation like this, Christianity being against LGBT is a belief violating another persons rights, hence it's being called out.
I simply assumed you meant the latter. Clearly there is some miscommunication going on here.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
As a bi guy, Christians aren't exactly the group that I feel most threatened by or the one that I believe owes me an apology for their actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.