Chosen of the Ascended (OOC)

Oh, I misunderstood that entirely, then. My bad!

No prob :D

Go ahead and PM me the details.

Oh, and I should say this; I still own any pictures I may release to you to use in this RP.

You are only allowed to use them for this RP, and they still belong to me.

Wow! Thanks so much! (doesn't matter if I can't use it anywhere else, this is still an awesome gift!) I'll send you a PM as soon as I get everything sorted in my head.

Reactions: Jade
Update

I'll be at work for the next 10 hours it seems, but then will be working on a few character sheets for prominent NPCs.

This world is growing faster than I had imagined!

Last edited:
BB code is being clunky, but I've added Nimrellye's partner in crime to the mix.

Update

I'll be at work for the next 10 hours it seems, but then will be working on a few character sheets for prominent NPCs.

This world is growing faster than I had imagined!

Sorry I never got around to this; I went out after work last night.

But today's Friday, so I'll be working on this very soon :)

Well, never ended up making those NPCs, but I did do a lot of thinking about the stylistic direction this RP will take.

one main thing I was thinking about was races.

At first, I wanted only humans, but now that I'm commissioning art, I started to realize how cool it would look to have some unique races of our own.

I was thinking that they could have just appeared through magic, like say a certain mage drastically changed his physique, and, subsequently, his desendents carry on these traits.

We could have people with wings, Ogres, Giants, Devils, Vampires, almost anything.

So, what do you guys think? Should we have different races? And, if so, should they be created by Akash, or through the process stated above?

I'm not the biggest fan of non-human races, but I have no problem with them in a high fantasy world like this one. That being said, it's easy to go overboard with them. But, to keep it short, I think it's definitely worth working with.

Here were my three ideas so far, @J_"Kraken".

Ga'Rei: A clan of men and women who's ancestors used the magic of the Font of Life to alter their bodies and abilities. They have bright white skin, pale blue hair, bright blue eyes, and stand 7'-8' tall. They are lithe and slender, generally, and possess an innate knack for dextarity and precision. +4 to arcane and balance, and -5 to Strength and Toughness.

Tallencey: Descending from mages who specialized in Nature's Form, the Tallencey family has an inherent talent for fire and water magics, able to control and produce them with ease. Even their hair is made of the elements, often switching from water to fire when angered or on the attack. +7 to fire and water, but cannot use any other Arcane Font or Arcane Empowerment.

Ogres: Ogres descend from a single man, Braugh the Bloody, born some three hundred years ago. He still lives today, strengthened and twisted by the divine magic of the Murderer. Braugh stands as one of the Murderers most feared champions, siring an entire clan of monstrous, gigantic, and bloodthirsty killers. Though not nearly as grotesque or powerful as their patriarch, their blood being slowly diluted over the generations, Ogres still stand at 9' tall, weigh an average of 600-700 pounds, have amazing muscle to fat ratios, and thick, thick skin. +10 to Strength and Toughness, but cannot use arcane Fonts or Arcane Empowerment, and can put no more than 5 points into tactical.

Just some quick ideas but that is the general flavor I'm looking for, and I think about that many would be good, maybe a few more, but not a whole bunch.

Last edited:
I'm always leery of having vampires/demons/werewolves/etc.because I, personally, find those races used either too often, or not used well. (But ultimately, it is up to you)

Few people make ogres, so they would be a good addition.

You could have an animal race or two, though I would suggest choosing a specific, unique animal (or make one up). If you don't, chances are you will get a bunch of cats/wolves/foxes/etc.

I created a plant races for a different rp. I could post it and you could decide if you wanted it or not (or tweak it to better suit the rp)

Those are my opinions. Feel free to take them or leave them. ^.^

• Thank You
Here is the floral race I created. I tweaked it a little bit from its original to hopefully fit more with your rp. Don't be afraid to reject or edit anything!

The Florenie consist mostly of evolved flowers, shrubs, trees, and mushrooms. These creatures still retained their photosynthesis abilities, and so they do not need to eat and/or drink the way other races do unless they are in an area without sunlight and/or rain. However, if a Florenie goes without sunlight or carbon dioxide for too long, their "skin" begins to wilt. This condition is known as flaccidation and can sometimes lead to death if not treated. Because of this condition, Florenie cannot wear any type of armor, or risk flaccidation forming underneath it. Tree-based Florenie, and some shrub-based ones, make up for this with skin made of bark. The more delicate of the Florenie must instead rely on their dexterity.

Tree-based Florenie = +10 to Toughness but may only put a max of 1 point into Speed.

Shrub-based Florenie = +5 to Toughness but may only have a max of 2 Balance.

Mushroom-based Florenie = +5 to Font of Death but cannot use Font of Life.

Flower-based Florenie = +5 to Font of Light but cannot use Font of Darkness.
(The above is just my ideas. I'm not completely sure how your stat system is going to work, so feel free to change anything and everything to fit better with your plans)

The Florenie's appearances vary greatly among their race. Some look very human-like while others seem more primitive. Their size is also vastly different. The tallest adult Florenie recorded was a tree-based one standing at 11 feet tall. The smallest adult Florenie recorded was a mushroom-based one which only grew to 1 foot.

For an example of more human-like Florenie, google Rosemon (from the Digimon series).

For an example of more primitive Florenie, google Mushroom Men and skim the pictures.

Another race we could use that I rarely see are the Centaur. I'm not really sure what their strengths/weaknesses would be, but I think they would be interesting creatures to play and interact with.

• Thank You
Update!

Geleena; cities/towns, castles and capitols are now all on the map!
roughmapofFleggis2_zps7347d9c2.png

And here is a list of races:
Humans: Humans were the first and only race created by Akash; all others are simply distortions thereof. They are by far the most populous, each nation teeming with Humanity. Humans receive no boosts or decreases to any stats.

Centaur: The Centaur were one of the first groups of people to permanently transform themselves into entirely different creatures, capable of producing offspring with the same traits. +4 to Balance, and +2 to Toughness and Strength. +4 to Will and Martial. Cannot use Arcane Fonts or Arcane Empowerment.

Ga'Rei: A clan of men and women who's ancestors used the magic of the Font of Life to alter their bodies and abilities. They have bright white skin, pale blue hair, bright blue eyes, and stand 7'-8' tall. They are lithe and slender, generally, and possess an innate knack for dexterity and precision. They are also greatly inclined toward the panoply of magical arts, able to master them much more easily than the other races. +5 to Magical, Arcane and Balance, but may only put a max of 3 points into Strength and Toughness. Cannot carry heavy equipment (a 100 pound backpack, for ecample), and cannot use heavy gear (greatswords, kite shields, etc).

Tallencey: Descending from mages who specialized in Nature's Form, the Tallencey family has an inherent talent for fire and water magics, able to control and produce them with ease. Even their hair is made of the elements, often switching from water to fire when angered or on the attack. +7 to the Fonts of Fire and Water, but cannot use any other Arcane Font.

Ogres: Ogres descend from a single man, Braugh the Bloody, born some three hundred years ago. He still lives today, strengthened and twisted by the divine magic of the Murderer. Braugh stands as one of the Murderers most feared champions, siring an entire clan of monstrous, gigantic, and bloodthirsty killers. Though not as grotesque or powerful as their patriarch, Ogres still stand at 8' and 11' feet tall, weigh an average of 600-700 pounds, have amazing muscle to fat ratios, and thick, thick skin. +10 to Strength and Toughness, but cannot use Arcane Fonts or Arcane Empowerment, and can put no more than 1 point into tactical.

Floreine: The Floreine are men and women who have, over the generations, evolved into Human/plant hybrids through the utilization of the magic of the Font of Life. These creatures still have gained photosynthesis abilities, and so do not need to eat and/or drink the way other races do unless they are in an area without sunlight and/or rain. However, if a Florenie goes without sunlight or carbon dioxide for too long, their "skin" begins to wilt. This condition is known as flaccidation and can sometimes lead to death if not treated. Because of this condition, Florenie cannot wear any type of armor, or risk flaccidation forming underneath it. Tree-based Florenie, and some shrub-based ones, make up for this with skin made of bark. The more delicate of the Florenie must instead rely on their dexterity. +2 to the Font of Life. Can only use Life Magic. Cannot use Arcane Empowerment.

"Tree" Floreine:+10 to Toughness but may only put a max of 1 point into Ballance. Weak to fire.

"Flower" Floreine: +5 to Font of Light but cannot use Font of Darkness. +5 to Ballance. May only put a max of 2 points into Toughness or Strength. Weak to the Death Magic.

Golem: Golem are a race innately attuned to the earth, composed of various metals and stone. They have, over the centuries and generations, transformed their bodies with use of the Font of Soil, Stone and Steel. These beings are capable of the most incredible feats of that school, and are feared as some of the most innately proficient spellswords in the land, able to conjure incredible walls, giant spears, and even great metal or stone warriors to do their bidding, while their incredible bodies can take even the most stern punishment a battlefield can offer. Their most prominent weakness lies in their eating habits; a Golem must eat approximately 2 pounds of the material of which it is composed to stay healthy, and will starve if they cannot keep consumption up. This limits their range, for the most part, tot heir homeland of Nor err' arr', especially for those comprised of more precious metals or gems. Lastly, the fact that these beings are indeed walking fortunes leads to a very real risk of death by assassination, ambush or trap from those who might seek to murder and melt a man made of silver or gold. +8 to the font of Soil, Stone and Steel. +5 to Magic, Martial, Strength and Toughness. + 2 to Arcane Empowerment. Can only put a max of 4 points into Ballance. Can only use the Font of Soil, Stone and Steel. Cannot swim, and do not sail.

Last edited:
Oh, hey, @J_"Kraken", I also approve Jamond.

I don't know why I didn't see him before. :)

What dice were we supposed to roll? I might have done that wrong. I mean, regardless I did roll a 27, but I was unsure which dice to roll.

6 10's (six ten sided dice)

Oh, awesome, I did it right then.

Hey!

I didn't know until just now that Iwaku had their own die thrower! This is awesome!

It's in more options; just hover over it for a second and it's one of two options that appear.

Hey!

I didn't know until just now that Iwaku had their own die thrower! This is awesome!

It's in more options; just hover over it for a second and it's one of two options that appear.

Well, it's giving MUCH higher averages than the other thrower. I'll have to tone it down to 5 10's from now on.

You know what, screw it; that never happened. The old one was much better.