Chosen of the Ascended (OOC)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
So there isn't a 'system' in place yet for how magic is utilized?

So there isn't a 'system' in place yet for how magic is utilized?
No, and I don't think there ever will be a ridged system for it. No numbers beyond the character sheet.

We'll use those numbers to give us a fair idea of the types of spells we can use, and how powerful they are.

If I think you guys are straying too far from what I deem to be your power level, either too weak or too powerful, then I'll let you know.

Well, not system in terms of numbers, but how would I, for example, utilize the font of Fire and Steel to hurl a fireball (throwing an example out there)? Is it through innate willpower - thus what makes a 'wizard' from a normal being - or does it already have to be present in nature for me to use it?

All of those things would be allowed.

Utilize it in any way you want; use words, your mind, spell books, herbs, spell circles, whatever you want.

Oh, and fire and steel are part of two different fonts.

Alright, just wondering if we had a set system, because anything is better than the DnD "I forgot how to make fire. I already did that today."

Hahaha, that's how it is in DnD? That's pretty funny.

Yeah, just try to think of ways that your character might have learned to use magic and make a style from there.

Yeah, basically spell casters had to relearn the spells they wanted every morning in order to use them a set number of times according to their power level. A very powerful wizard might be able to utilize low-end spells as many times as he wanted, but the earlier ones struggled with everything. Designed as a balance mechanic, flopped once other RPG systems used more realistic means of measuring magic power.

And thanks for the clarification, wanted to make sure before I start forming some ideas on how to use magic.

I'm partial to affecting that which is already present, but it's the arcane empowerment that's posing some issues. From what you told me a while ago, it's using your magical essence to fuel your body, right?

I'm partial to affecting that which is already present, but it's the arcane empowerment that's posing some issues. From what you told me a while ago, it's using your magical essence to fuel your body, right?
Yeah.

Ever watched Naruto? Know the character Rock Lee? An Arcane Empowerment user would work a bit like him.

I have an idea as for how magic works. It may not be what your looking for but I can try.

So here's my idea.

There are two sources of magic in the world. The world itself, and the user of said magic. These two sources synergize to allow the user to use the different forms of magic available to them. At different skill levels, multiple things can happen. There could be areas that are completely cut off from the world's "Field" of magical energy, yielding lower-level mages nearly useless, as they rely heavily on the worlds magical field. But as a mage becomes stronger, they can become more dependent on their own magical source, and if one is EXTREMELY powerful, or there are a large group of relatively powerful ones, they could bounce their magical fields off of each other or themselves, allowing for greater magic to be used.

Reactions: Jade
I like to think of the magic in this world as being less pinned down.

It's a collection of forces that can shape the world in unnatural ways, and that people can tap into.

Certain people are more attuned to these forces than others, and can more easily tap into them, although practice is also paramount when attempting the arcane arts.

Tapping into and utilizing magic may also require concentration or even physical exertion, but this is not always the case.

Some forms of magic may drain the user of something such as their life/youth or even their emotions.

It all depends on the specific users' style and school of magical though/practice.

So I had a question about my Ga'Rei. Does he still gain his racial benefit for the Font, or is that given up since he has chosen to use Arcane Empowerment?

It's given up, or rather, irrelevant, since you can't use both.

• Thank You
Reactions: ze_kraken
Hey guys!

So, i decided to make a rough map of the racial distribution withing the realms.

GelennasRacialdistribution_zpsfea649f4.png

Here are some notes:

It's like ingredients on a food product; if it's first, that race is of the highest population in that realm, and so on down the line.

If a race is not listed, then they are either of VERY low population, or zero population.

The Tallencey and the Ga'Rei despise each other, and only live together in the very metropolitan and accepting Castle at Callence Mountain, in Barrience.

A Tallencey may be found in a Ga'Rei dominated realm, but they will most certainly be treated with scorn and perhaps even violence by the native Ga'Rei, and vise versa.

Kentaroi are the second most populous race next to Humans.

There are very few Ogre, only numbering in the low thousands.

Was playing around with humanoid physique and decided to have a crack at an Ogre. Heavy WIP.

IMAG0272.jpg

Last edited:
Was playing around with humanoid physique abd decided to have a crack at an Ogre. Heavy WIP.

I like the image a lot, Kraken! It's not exactly the style I'd been thinking, but I didn't know you could sketch like that; awesome!

So, when it comes to Ogres, think a small giant with huge muscles, and a brutal, barbarian culture/lifestyle.

Your picture actualy fits the bill, for the most part, but I would lose the pointy ears and orcish nose/mouth.

The teeth may be a bit jagged, though not quite as much as in your illustration.

• Thank You
Yeah, I was debating if I should go the big-human route or play around with the facial features. I mean, it makes sense that they are essentially larger variations of the creature they came from because they were born from a human line. That was partly due to my misinterpretation of the Murder's champion being a specific case as opposed to him being the example of all existing Ogres.

Reactions: Jade
Better get ready people; things are about to get started up in this shit!

The IC will be up tomorrow night around 8.

Thank you all for joining so early on and inspiring me to make this RP great!