CHIMERA: Sign-ups open

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Name: Keoni Kekoa

Nickname: Iz

Chimera? Y

Hybrid animals: Slug

Appearance: Pic related in a mu'umu'u or aloha shirt
Jabba_the_Hutt_NEGTC2.jpg

Personality: Iz no cah bout any kine, bu. Ass why Iz be real momona, see, he neva gon go anyweh less he wan' play ukelele an' grind, brah.

Skills: Iz, he play ukelele an da kine maika'i yeah. He slug, ass why he eat any kine. He make da hanabata all de time, an' he be real moke foa true yeah.

Background: Iz, he wen down to da clinic foa do sum trial, need money foa buy pakelolo an' grinds. He get da kine an now he some kind slug, bu. He play ukelele foa to the haole down the bar, brah. Be good foa grind.

Other: Iz, he momona yeah. He be wear mu'umu'u cause he so big, brah.

Speech colour: Be like dis foa true, bruddah.

Last edited:
These look great! I'm definitely going to start the RP today - I've delayed a little due to the sudden rush of signups, but I think anyone else who wants to join can just jump into the storyline as we go.

I have to ask two things of Parser:
  • Firstly, and most importantly, I'm sorry but I really have no clue what parts of that sheet mean. I don't mind that, but in the actual plot could you please make sure that you're writing the narrative in standard English? The character can talk however you want, although I'd anticipate some people not understanding a word he says.
  • Secondly, and much more minorly, you haven't included a human-form description or any special "Chimera" abilities. These are not necessary, but it would still be nice to see some.

The point about 'special Chimera abilities' also applies to cvvc (although I assume a rhino-bee would have a sting and a pretty ferocious charge...)

Other than that, everyone's characters look good to go. I'll post again with a link to IC when I've had a chance to write a first post :-)

Ah, fair enough. I'll keep the pidgin confined to dialogue. Human form- well, to be honest I had assumed he just looks like Jabba all the time, but I'll add one if you like.

Name: Keoni Kekoa

Nickname: Iz

Chimera? Y

Hybrid animals: Slug

Appearance: Pic related in a mu'umu'u or aloha shirt
View attachment 29994

Personality: Iz no cah bout any kine, bu. Ass why Iz be real momona, see, he neva gon go anyweh less he wan' play ukelele an' grind, brah.

Skills: Iz, he play ukelele an da kine maika'i yeah. He slug, ass why he eat any kine. He make da hanabata all de time, an' he be real moke foa true yeah.

Background: Iz, he wen down to da clinic foa do sum trial, need money foa buy pakelolo an' grinds. He get da kine an now he some kind slug, bu. He play ukelele foa to the haole down the bar, brah. Be good foa grind.

Other: Iz, he momona yeah. He be wear mu'umu'u cause he so big, brah.

Speech colour: Be like dis foa true, bruddah.
Can't help but feel this is just a mean satire of good ol' Iz.
hqdefault.jpg

More of an homage.

Ok! I have opened IC here: https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/chimera-ic.52501/

As for OOC, I'm not sure how people would usually want to do this - I'd be inclined to start a new thread so that any future character sheets don't get lost amid the discussion. Does anyone have any extra thoughts on this? For now, OOC is fine to continue here, anyway :-)

I don't know how to start, how should I?
Helppp. Writers block!

So what's happening just for clarification. So I know how and what to post..

The flare will happen and people will become chimeras or..?

Oh, and Parser - homage sounds fine, and I like the concept, but I think I should say at this point that if there is any 'mean satire' intended with the character then I'd prefer you to keep it out of this RP. I confess I've never actually heard of the person in question, but I don't think a roleplay is the place for digs at deceased musicians.

I don't see anything wrong so far, but I thought I'd best be clear to avoid an argument on this subject later on.

Yep! The idea is the flare activates the Chimera part of people, wherever they happen to be. They don't necessarily have to turn yet - they could just get a shooting pain or a weird sensation and carry on in human form. It's up to you!

Well, Iz-
Iz was pretty much the chillest dude on the planet, right up there with Mr Rogers. Had a beautiful singing voice.
Beautiful.

You're right, that is beautiful. I feel very un-cultured now...

Name: Noah Sullivan

Nickname: "Sally" (Derived from the first part of his last name)

Chimera: Yes

Hybrid animals: Siberian Tiger (Body), Gazelle (Horns), Ouroboros (Scales. Click for image)

Appearance:
Human Form
Chimera Form

Personality:
  • Introvert; focuses on his own needs first, then the needs of others.
  • Short-Tempered; he easily loses his temper. This trait is amplified while in Chimera form
  • Unforgiving; he doesn't give second chances, and he never forgets or forgives.
  • Loyal. He is loyal to the few people he can call friends in the world.
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder; feels as though everything he makes must be completely symmetrical
  • Mysterious; he does not share much about himself.
Skills:
Human Form
Strategist
Noah has a very high intelligence. When he is in human form, he can survey a dangerous situation, and then devise a strategy to conquer it.
Hyperthymestic Syndrome
Both a blessing and a curse, Noah can recall almost every day in his life in near perfect detail. Anything he see's in Chimera form does not apply
Chimera Form
Piercing Roar (Siberian Tiger)
While in Chimera form, Noah can produce an incredibly loud roar, rivaling in volume to that of a live rock concert.
Impale (Gazelle)
While in Chimera form, Noah can alter the length of his horns at will.
Heat Resistance (Ouroboros)
While in Chimera form, Noah can survive under heats of 200*F (max)

Background:
Noah was born into the poorer region of the city. His father, whom he never met, was actually from the rich part of the caste. His mother was a prostitute working to support herself. After becoming pregnant, she took a break from this type of work. After the birth of Noah, which his mother considered only to be a hindrance that kept her from making money, he was essentially dumped off to a dingy orphanage.

This began a new part of Noah's life, and he stayed at this orphanage throughout adolescence. His years there were made up of constant beatings from older kids, and visits from wealthier couples who couldn't produce a child. At age eleven he left the orphanage with his only friend at the time, Jacob. Jacob too, had been a victim of merciless beatings at the orphanage. Both boys felt as though running was the only choice remaining, and for many of the kids in that part of town, it was.

During his entrance into teenage years, Noah and Jacob began to develop a fond resentment towards the way that life there was set up. They often questioned themselves: Why don't we get any financial support? Who picks who is rich, and who is poor? The boys survived by robbing others. They didn't make much, as there wasn't much to steal. At age 17, during a break in, Jacob was caught while Noah fled. The last thing he heard was a gunshot...

He never looked back.

It was the night of his 18th birthday that he was abducted by researchers. He was clueless, really. After about a year of painful genetic engineering, it was finally made clear to him...

He was a Chimera.

Speech color: Indigo

And after reading other characters I realized I may have gotten a little charried away (pun intended) with my background... and formatting.

I feel we're getting really crowded here. Five or six characters would have been enough, but we're up in twelve now. I am no longer certain if I'll take part in this. I definitely won't if posting turns chaotic.

At least give it a try. Who knows? You might even enjoy it!

Dangit! I almost forgot about Helen... (she's a "bad guy" :D )

Name: Helen Marks

Nickname: Hellmare

Chimera? Yes

Hybrid animals: Scorpion and dragonfly

Appearance: (human and Chimera forms) She technically only has one form, due to her being one of the first embryo experiments. Even before being conceived, her egg had been tampered with to ensure good results. Thus, she has 4 arms and a scorpion tail and dragonfly wings. There had been some cybernetic additions to her body, one being a "cyborg" eye and workings around her wings to improve her flight speed and manoeuvrability. This was needed as her lower hands are huge scorpion claws which adds weight. Her feet are also peculiar, looking insect-like and two-toed. Her hair is "choppy" short and carrot-red. She has fiery green eyes with a strange luminance (if you were to look real close). She's always wearing her special armour - a lightweight but strong material along with plating. Her skin is quite "hard" and if you were to touch it, it would almost feel like touching an insect's. She also has freckles.

Personality: A snarky one. She loves to start fights and end them, and disregards rules whenever she can. The only love she has is for new guns and her "puppy" (another experiment of dog and arachnid mixing). She calls him Skippy.

Skills: Guns, aiming and insulting people. Also flight and she has been in training her whole life to be an aerial "hell mare" She's also a good hacker and understands computers very well.

Background: Unbeknownst to her mother, she had been set up for becoming a living womb to breed an experiment (Helen). Her husband is a General in the military and had it all planned. Helen's mother died during an emergency C-section, and although she knows this, Helen doesn't care. From the day she could interact she has been trained in battle techniques, weapons, flying and whatever else was needed to be an aerial weapon. This has made her very driven to be the best and she's been waiting for the day to be useful. Being kept secret in a secret base isn't always fun, but if any successful chimera projects were to escape then she'd be all over it.

Other: Thanks to the cybernetics she can have a live HUD display without the need for a helmet, and she's the only person in the world that Skippy will listen to. Speaking of Skippy, he has four extra spider-like legs protruding from his back and a venomous bite (although it's more likely to digest flesh right away rather than poison you). He can also spin webs.

Speech colour: 4th orange

So, uh.
Any of you going to post or is it just me and Dino?

idk how to introduce my character.... so a solar flare is approaching and just make him react to it?D8///confused

Well, okay, we can try working through this if you like.
First question: How were you planning to introduce you character originally?