Chesting High: A School for the Damned

"Damien...," Andrew repeated with narrowed eyes, mind reeling from the name. Suddenly, his eyes widened like he found out the key to world peace. "You're the guy who's always pulling the really big pranks, right?" The vampire questioned. He knew that the blonde looked familiar. Teachers were always scowling at him and students were always praising him for his brilliant pranks. One would say that Damien was quite well-known, which would be the truth. For most people.

[ @KayLove ]

"There ya go!" Damien exclaimed after hearing that Andrew knew who he was exactly. "You deserve a treat," he said before patting his head. "But I don't have anything to give away," he said with a grin as he let his hands drop by his sides.
He then looked towards the clock, wondering when the bell for next class will be.
@Kitsune

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I was uneventful," Krystal stated before looking towards the clock. She wanted to hurry up and get through this school day.
She wasn't sure if it will be one of those good days or bad days. Maybe she shouldn't worry so much about... she was, after all, considered evil and shouldn't really care about all that.

@Alison

Andrew blinked owlishly as he felt a pat on his head. It wasn't often that such a thing occurred. The words directed towards him made him feel like a child, but he grinned all the same. At Damien's glance at the clock, the vampire wondered how much time they had before the bell rung. Well, in that time, I'm going to sit down, he thought, getting tired of standing. "I'm going to go sit down now," he announced as he slid into the nearest empty seat and relaxed in it, waiting the rest of homeroom out.

[ @KayLove ]

Sydney
Sydney chuckled and nodded her head,"Yes, I can defiantly agree with that one hundred percent. Some times I wish that I could turn into a different type of four legged creature. Don't get me wrong or anything, being a werewolf is great and a whole lot of fun, but it also has its downfall. Like the full moon,"she says with a shudder.

"Ive only met a few skinwalkers here at school, from what I've known there has only been a few attend here since it was open. Do you get a chance to talk to a lot of other's like you?"she asks curiously. Sydney was always running across werewolves, but she never talked to many for different reasons. Some of them weren't good werewolves, and others would be very very bad werewolves. She didn't want anything to do with them.

@Zaira

He heard him quite interested. It was always fun to hear other creature's points of view. "Wolf are one of the best four legged creatures in my opinion, anyway." told her with a shrug. "But yeah, I can imagine how the full moon thing would be like. And I don't imagine it quite nice." agreed with her, it was a pity they had to go through that kind of things once a month. But everything had its advantages and disadvantages, right?

"Uhm, I can't recall any other skinwalker that didn't belong to my family. There are many students in here I haven't even talked to, though. But, anyway, I have many brothers and sister. You might have come across one of them." told her, with a thoughtful look. "They are not very nice, though." added with a slight smile. "Oh, but I did meet some other wolves and dogs shifters, which are really similar, but only have one other shape. And many werewolves as well. Some of them were nice... " and some weren't at all. But she probably knew that already. "Anyway, what about you?"

@Alison

Sydney
"Yeah I get a chance to talk to a lot of different werewolves but only few of them are actually nice. I guess that werewolves have that tendency to not be the most cheerful or happiest,"Sydney gave with a chuckle. She had to admit that people had gave her strange looks when she told them she was a werewolf because she was the complete opposite of what others thought werewolves were. Which she was mostly, but not completely. She could be a crazy, mean werewolf if it came down to it.

Sydney took a small breath in and scrunched her nose at the smell of all he different creatures in one room. She sighed,"I hate the smell in here. All the creatures mixed together in a small room doesn't go well with me. At least we get an education out of it. If it wasn't for that I don't think I could stand the smell eight hours a day,"she joked laughing a little.

@Zaira

Evan chuckled as well. Yep, she was right about that. But skinwalkers weren't really cheerful either, so it was probably just a supernatural thing. There were some exceptions, though. As Sydney started to smell around, he did too, just out of curiosity. He could feel the mix she was talking about, but he didn't agree about how awful it was. "Yeah, I know what you mean. But strangely, I'm normally not disgusted by it. Sometimes I'm even amazed by it." admitted with a slight shrug. Anyway, at that particular time, there was a particular smell that wasn't quite nice. But he could get used to it. A vampire. He turned around to spot the guy that Damien tried to fool a moment ago.

"Uhm, hey." told him, as he had turned around to check if he was actually there. He was kind of cute, but didn't give it much thought. "You have a weird girlfriend, you know." teased him with a half smile. He didn't even remember his name, but he had surely seen him around. Evan laid his back against his seat, looking once again at Sidney, but not giving his back at the other guy neither.

@Alison @Kitsune

Andrew was surprised that someone was speaking to him. It's not like people don't talk to him. He was just in a daze and, to hear a voice directed towards him, it surprised him. Turning to face the person who was speaking to him, he noticed that it was one of many guys occupying the classroom. At his teasing remark, the brunet wondered who else noticed Damien's mini prank. Probably everyone, he thought. Deciding to go with the teasing, he responded with a sigh like what he was being told was a daily thing. "So I've been told," he said, glancing over at Damien before turning back to the other male. "How many other people do you think noticed?"

[ @Zaira ]

After Andrew went to go sit back down, Damien took his seat as well. He began looking around the room, trying to find someone else to mess with to cure his boredom. After scanning one student he would look at the clock to see the time and how much longer of homeroom.
His eyes then lay on a young male and female that Andrew was now sitting by.
He could mess with them... but how? It would be too cliched for him if all he did was mimic someone's voice to fool them. Of course he does have the ability to shapeshift into another human form, but how will that play out?
Damien let out a sigh before leaning back in his chair. It is only the first day of school... no need to stress.

He chuckled at his reaction. "Well, most of people in here can hear things from two blocks away. So I'd say many." answered him with a shrug. It wasn't something that people would remember for a long time, though. He realized the shapeshifter was right next to him, and wondered if he'd try something else. It might be interesting.

Sydney
Sydney chuckled and shook her head."I'm gonna go with him. Almost everyone here has some kind of super-hearing ability, and even if they didn't he was pretty loud about the prank,"she said with a small chuckle. "But I wouldn't worry about it. Even the freshman have heard about Damian. We all know that sooner or later it will be our turn for one of his pranks. Last year he missed me so I'm sure I will get an extra good one this year,"she said sarcastically.

Sydney sighed and sat back in her seat before noticing Madison shift in her seat uncomfortably. She thought about going to ask if she was okay, but before she had the chance to even give a second thought, Madison was already in the seat across from her. Sydney more than anyone knew that Madison was not the socialable person. She stuck to herself and kept quiet unless spoken to, and usually played hard to get when it came to males.

Madison
Madison was tired of sitting around in a seat and not talking to anyone. Sure, she was usually quiet and antisocial, but she didn't see a point why she would have to be if she could move just a few seats and talk to her best friend. She didn't realize that Sydney was talking to two other males until she had already moved seats.

Talking to males or being round males didn't really effect Madison very much, in fact, it didn't phase her at all. She was use to males being around her since most of her cousins were in deed males. She wasn't afraid of them or angry at the male population for anything, it just that she never aw a reason to actually talk to them. She didn't have any guy friends, or any friends aside from Sydney in fact, but she had defiantly not had any boyfriends. Although she loved to admire from a fair distance, she never actually got close enough to talk to any of them.

@Zaira @Kitsune

Crap, she was late. Could this get any worse? First, she missed her ride to school, now she was late for homeroom.

Way to go Riley, screw up on the first day.

She held her books close to her chest as she walked in to homeroom, carrying the slip that excused her. There were already students conversing and talking to one another. She blushed and chose a seat closer to the back. Riley tried to be as quiet as possible when setting her things down. She last thing she wanted was attention. All of the people in this room were of different creature origin and tale, she should feel at home, right? Wrong. She never felt more left out.

The smells in the room were almost overpowering. Sour milk, blood, skin, even some canine scents. There must be another shifter hidden amongst the sea of faces. She shifted uneasily in her seat. She felt like easy prey in this room. Her heart started to slam against her ribs rather painfully.

She took out her pencil and started doodling on the corner of her welcome paper. Riley cared little of what it actually said, drawing her smooth lines across the rather pointless words of the paper.

She sighed and looked out the window. Her eyes watered as the scents started to overpower her nose and invade her brain. She yawned and tried to drown out the noise of the room, sinking lower in order not to be noticed by the other creatures in the room.

There is a shrill echo you can find in the halls of Chesting High. It comes in waves of Emily Dickinson, Edgar Allan Poe, and Charlotte Bronte. It takes a special kind of harpie to sing like she wholeheartedly believes that she is a siren and Ms. Blurbur is a whole new world of special. Thick set with vibrant purple high waisted pants and a butt you could balance a cafeteria tray on, she was always patrolling the halls for kissy faces and sagging pants. She treated her students like her own children, but that came with all the consequences along with the benefits. Her voice was not an easy one to listen to either. A harpy's tone scratches on the ears and makes your eyes water as they speak. Not to mention the hulking periwinkle wings that of course block everyone's view when she's writing notes on the board.

She comes into homeroom with a bounding "Good morning class!" that passes through her students like sharp knives to their ears. It was an alarming reminder that they are, indeed, back at school. "I hope everyone had a super spectacular break!" She was the words 'spectacular' with such a resounding crescendo you would think she was trying to audition for an opera. "I know you are all just ahopping to get back to your circulars!" She was annoying yes, but she was just the most darn chipper person probably in that whole school.

Evan chuckled at Sidney's words. She was right about that Damian guy. "I think he missed me as well. So, we are probably next." added with amusement, talking about that boy's pranks. He spotted the girl that suddenly moved from her seat to one closer to them. It was a little weird, but maybe she just felt alone and they looked as super fun people. Of course, he had no idea she was Sidney's friend. "Hey!" greeted her with a smile when he saw her looking at them. Evan was the kind of person who'd say hello to practically anyone, not really caring if they'd just turn around and ignore him.

It was then when Ms. Blumbur appeared. That was when all his excitement of starting school once again remembered why he was a bit tired of it by the end of the previous year. There weren't many things Evan didn't enjoy doing... and being in her classes were dangerously close to that category. After hearing her words, he automatically sighed deeply, but got back his cheerful expression right after it.

Riley winced as Ms. Blumbur walking in, squaking in her usual high tone. She winced. Her hearing was upped a few knots and her voice just plain scratched against her eardrums like nails. She groaned and slid deeper into her chair.

She hated not knowing anybody in here. It made it all the more miserable. She looked at her doodle and it didnt look like anything, just a blob of lead and eraser shavings. She desperately wanted to shift, into anything that would get her out of this cramped space smelling like BO and creatures she didnt know.

Riley tried her hardest to focus on the teacher, but her voice made her eyes water. Harpies were always the worst teachers. Not for their lessons, but for their world renowned screeching. She curled her toes in her shoes and shifted. The itch behind her skin was there, begging her to peel this human skin and into another that would carry her away from this unfamiliar area, but she refrained and ignored it, putting all her effort into listening to the screaming teacher.

Andrew had to agree with the girl who, from the scent rolling off of her, appeared to be a werewolf. Swiftly, he sent a playful glare at the person that was their topic of their conversation. He turned back to face the two other teens that he found himself chatting with, face aglow with joy and tranquility. At the blonde's explanation of Damian's usual antics, the vampire was quite relieved that he got pranked when he did. Compared to what Damian usually did, his prank was pretty low-scale and he was grateful for that. Don't get your hopes up too high, he reminded himself. Soon, the trio became a quadruple as another girl joined their little group chat. Blinking, he could tell that she was a vampire just like he was. He flashed her a smile as he greeted her, saying, "Sup." The brunet was soon pulled from his classmates to face the direction where the all-too-familiar, screeching voice was coming from. Eyes landing on Ms. Blumbur, Andrew couldn't help the slight frown that appeared on his face. As she greeted her class and spread her cheerfulness in her loud tone, the vampire's frown only deepened. Ah, Ms. Blumbur's voice....something he didn't miss.

[ @Zaira @Alison ]