Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
M.A/I.D Broad Capabilities
The current rank your character will be is known as "Maiden" (despite the RP initiating just before graduating) which is a graduate of Maidsong Academy. By achieving this rank, it can already be assumed your character is proficient at several things. Here is a bullet list of things your character will be proficient with at the onset of the roleplay:

• All conventional firearms can be fired with at-least 80 percent accuracy under stress.
  • M.A/I.D martial arts technique (focus on utilizing unconventional items as weapons) and a variant of U.S military combatives
  • Housekeeping, basic medical care, basic nursing, cooking, caring for children
  • Ability to educate children from birth to thirteen years old
  • Basic hacking and cyber-warfare knowledge (Can get into a standard password/fingerprint locked computer)
  • Various espionage and stealth techniques - primarily focused on urban or household environments
  • Countering individuals with extra-sensory capabilities or effectively combating a trans-human individual (cyborgs, genetically modified, and so on) (NOTE: This is a very recent form of education within the curriculum of M.A/I.D)
  • The currently generation of M.A/I.D all share a psychic bond with one-another (with the side-effect of detecting the aforementioned great darkness) allowing for 'latent' telepathic communication. This does not allow them to talk to each-others minds, but rather understand intent without words.
Now, to best understand the capabilities of your M.A/I.D we must address some weaknesses their duty and training create (Note: None of these weaknesses are absolute and are generally just oversights or untrained zones.
  • M.A/I.D members do not typically receive any training for fighting in rural environments and focus on urban and household environments.
  • Many members of M.A/I.D, despite being disciplined, go through long bouts of simply being a maid and caretaker. This leads to some members losing their initially high-level of conditioning and extreme combat prowess until re-training is done.
  • Service to their assigned master's has led to many members of M.A/I.D fighting against one another which can cause psychological damage.
  • The etiquette taught in Maidsong academy leads to many M.A/I.D members having social issues with the outside world, but this is not always the case.
  • Finally, members of M.A/I.D true leader is the Shadow Queen and they are expected to covertly share information, including that of their master's, to the organization.

Character Guidelines and "Options"
As a refresher, your character is part of Team Six which has been together for their last year of education (So all of your characters will begin the RP well acquainted with one-another - possibly close friends). The last year of a M.A/I.D's education is an apprenticeship which has them working under a one or more teams across the world. Your character's apprenticeship was unique in that each squad member would spend a week off doing personal training and then they would come back together to work under a Vermont based team in service to a Critically Acclaimed Film Maker: Antony Martin. This "individual" training allows for your M.A/I.D to have much more creative freedom in what their abilities will be (and allowing you to get have some fun with creation), but this training was done intentionally for an IC reason that will be revealed through RP.

Furthermore, each of your characters, whether through birth, or some specialized training in the academy are allowed to have several "options" available to them. I have called this category options because it encompasses many different things ranging from mutation, forbidden martial arts, or even developing true psychic abilities.

Additionally, beyond options you will pick your former homeroom teacher. I have made four selections with their own specialties. The homeroom teacher has the most influence over a student's education despite all forms of education being seen as equally necessary. So, whatever homeroom teacher you pick should be reflected by your character abilities. You are allowed to make your own homeroom teacher (considering my four options are not the only teachers) but I will require you to make their profile in the same fashion I have made mine. They must be female (NOTE: Males do teach at Maidsong academy occasionally as outside contractors if an instructor is absent or additional help is needed for whatever reason).

So, the three unique "quirks" of this character sheet will be

1.) Individual Training
2.) "Options"
3.) Homeroom teacher

I will list examples for all three. The individual training will be allowed creative freedom and you may just use the prompts as starting points, or just disregard them all together. "Options" will be slightly more strict, but I will allow people to make their own details that will set them apart. I encourage people to make their own Options if they want, but I equally encourage using the listed ones as inspiration to know what is and is not alright (I will continue to work on the lore to flesh out this world more). A final note on options - there is no cap on how many you can take and I do not require artificial balancing to mitigate them. Yet, you are limited by how interesting your character is. If I decide to have 12 different VERY powerful options then my character will not be interesting. However, if I pick four carefully considered options that compliment one-another (despite being powerful options) then my character will be interesting. I do not hard-balance options or cap them because all it takes to kill your character is a well-placed bullet in the back of the head.

Private Military Internship: Your M.A/I.D saw service alongside a private military presumably guarding corporate assets. Maidsong academy is partnered with many PMC firms for economic and legal reasons, thus an internship could be another result of this partnership.

Machina: A secretive mech-manufacturer in Northern-Canada that has a special relationship to Maidsong Academy. Their means of funding and reason for stockpiling so many mechs is unknown. A M.A/I.D interning here would certainly pick up a wealth of mechanical and weapons knowledge - they might even know how to pilot a mech.

Detroit Metro: The City of Detroit has recently created a new branch of their police force that utilizes increasingly more military-esque tactics and equipment. Such as, unfortunately, detaining or even killing gang members on sight. A M.A/I.D working with Metro would pick up an even more perfected understand of urban combat, policing tactics, and maybe understanding of gang psychology.

Ward Academy: Located in the state of Oregon, a semi-secretive academy for "witches" exists with the blessing of the Counter Intelligence Agency (CIA). It is unknown exactly how their powers work, or to what extent their abilities are, but it is presumed they have something to do with the psychic phenomena. M.A/I.D members here would be able to learn alchemy due to their "latent" psychic connection due to the injection they were given at the start of their education. Furthermore, they would probably befriend a few curious witches of a similar age.

Orbital Strike Force: A Europe-Based special forces team that uses satellite level sky-dives to deploy anywhere on Earth within an hour. The accelerator crisis in Europe has since dissolved their group and they only exist a private faction. They have found themselves employed by Maidsong academy as "special-security" and to train a few lucky M.A/I.D's in "stratos-diving" and further special forces training.

Thanaton: Located on the eastern-coast of Russia, a small separatist state of mercenaries exist. These individuals selectively breed in an attempt to create the "optimal" soldier; unfortunately, this has had the effect of a declining population and the occasional birth-defect. M.A/I.D members receiving individual training from the Thanatonians would accompany them on small-time contracts allowing them to pick up some assassination and/or sabotage experience. Individual training with Thanatonians is very rare due to a high chance of death and would only be allowed for the most talented students.

Sky Reach Restaurant: A restaurant located Hawaii on the top floor of the worlds now third tallest building, Monolithia, and is known for having a members-only clientele exclusively made up of the worlds elite. M.A/I.D's receiving individual training here would (obviously) not gain any combat skills, but would instead gain talents related to cooking and cleaning.

A local daycare: This option is self-explanatory....

(NOTE: These individual training fields are not the limit and can be used as inspiration, jumping off points, or not used at all. You can make new ideas and additions to the universe of M.A/I.D but run it by me first.

Psychic: Your M.A/I.D was born with a high level of "Psidicides" in their brain granting them psionic-potential. Psychics generally have only one or two abilities they can preform - and alone these abilities tend to be unimpressive. Additionally, the particles that enable psionic powers only exist in the brains of mammals, thus only mammals can be effected by psionic powers. Some examples of psychic powers are telepathy, mind-reading, false memory insertion, stunning a target, detecting a target. All of the mentioned powers are the most common; although, rare abilities such as inducing cardiac arrest and spontaneous combustion exist, but it is unclear how one develops these abilities.

Mutant: Following an incident of genetically-modified food gone wrong, a subsection of the world's population were given mutations. Most of these mutations were non-existent and only slightly altered the victims genetic structure with no effect. On the other hand, another subsection suddenly found themselves with a super-human ability of some sort. Many of these powers can only be performed at the cost to the user's body or mind. Some examples of possible abilities might be superhuman strength, fire projection, hardening of skin, immunity to some element, or any other singular ability. This is not to say that all mutations were non-existent or beneficial. On the contrary, some were purely detrimental - infertility, loss of voice, schizophrenia, weakening of bones, and other mutations also occurred. Finally, other mutations were purely cosmetic in nature with sometimes "latent" benefits. Some examples of these cosmetic mutations are increased breast size, height increase or decrease, eye color change, hair color change, weight changes, and so on.

Forbidden Martial Art: There exists several schools of martial arts hidden away and diluted by "fake" dojos with phony masters. These "hidden" schools of martial arts teach nearly-supernatural techniques. A member of M.A/I.D would not be spared the time to master a complete "forbidden" martial art, yet they would be able to learn a few techniques. Some examples include mild bullet dodging, organ crushing punches, lethal dart throwing, holding ones breath for an inhuman amount of time, going into a state of suspended animation, pushing beyond natural human limits, and so on. (NOTE: One is allowed to make their own forbidden martial art techniques if this option is pursued, but this is supposed to be distinct from "magic" - so no ki-blasts or magical healing energy).

Cyborg: Whether through a training accident or willing addition - your M.A/I.D is a cyborg. How much of her body is machine and what capabilities it grants her is up to you. Generally speaking, cyborgs suffer from several limitations to fine motor skills due to the technology still lacking in integration, so do not expect this to simply make your M.A/I.D automatically superior.

Volunteer: A rare addition to Maidsong academy are volunteers. They are only allowed to volunteer if they are within the age-range of 18-25 and receive altered training focused more on the "service" aspect of being a M.A/I.D rather than the combat aspects (NOTE: Combat training is still given). Volunteer's to M.A/I.D typically end up becoming instructors or other academy faculty - this is not to say that they do not find themselves in combative fields, but it is simply not typical.

Gifted: Your member of M.A/I.D displayed such an extreme aptitude that they received "gifted" training that further enhanced the base-level of skill of a M.A/I.D - this can be in any category of your choosing (even multiple categories). Furthermore, this does not only apply to combat skills and they could have received gifted training in the cooking or housekeeping field.

(NOTE: These are not the only options allowed and you are free to make up your own. Be creative and add to the universe - but be sure to run additions by me.)

Information on Homeroom teachers can be found within the lore. If you desire to make one, then please be sure to make a complete profile so I can add it to the lore.

(NOTE: The character sheet can be done as follows, or in any other way so long as the following information is included)

Name:
(Ages can range from 17-25 at the current moment)
Sexuality:
Race/Ethnicity:
(M.A/I.D does not discriminate on racial/ethnic background but it is important to note that non-European members are rare due to the founding location and history. This is not to limit your choice of race/ethnicity, but to warn that it will be acknowledged in the RP).
Height:
Weight:
Appearance/Face-claim:
(Anime face-claims only - A face-claim is not required, but I do require a one paragraph physical description of your character)

Fears:
Personality:

Equipment:
(Things that your M.A/I.D utilizes that are not on the standard equipment list. Be creative! Remember to justify any unusual equipment in their backstory.)
Individual Training:
Options:
Homeroom teacher:
Additional Abilities/Info

Backstory:
(For this section please include their individual training, options, and relationship to their homeroom teacher. Please review lore and direct questions to me when writing this section. I find this very important because I do read backstories and base the RP around them.)

Lore for reference: ADDITIONAL INFO - WORLDBUILDING M.A/I.D: Her Majesty's Assault/Intelligence Division - The Archives

Last edited:
Name: Vanessa Flynn
Sexuality: Female, prefers Men.
Race/Ethnicity: European, British Origin
Height: 6ft / 182 cm
Weight: 9.8 stone / 63kg
Appearance/Face-claim:
anMRrOq_460s.jpg

Dislikes: Failure, Eggplants, being taken advantage of.
Fears: Betrayal, Loss.
Personality: Vanessa is a strong, passionate and dependable woman who's goal in life is to ensure the happiness of others, and the safety of those close to her. Approachable and friendly, Vanessa has an aura of an Angel and a heart of purity, but can be vicious and mean when she needs to be.

Equipment: Within the interior of her M.A/I.D Uniform within the option slots, Vanessa carries a SIG Sauer P226 pistol in one slot, and a handful of magazines for the firearm. Her Pistol has hand-painted art on the side spelling out " V A N E S S A :heart: " with the United Kingdom flag underneath the letters. On the Grip is a engraved image of Vanessa and her father, with him wearing a blue Police Uniform with a white tie and her wearing a Maid Cosplay Outfit.
Options: Forbidden Martial Arts - Learning some techniques from going to a "fake dojo" and learning Forbidden arts, Vanessa learned mild-bullet dodging, organ crushing punches, and holding her breath for an inhuman amount of time.
Homeroom teacher: Annie Bakshi
Additional Abilities/Info: Due to her backstory, Vanessa had learned unarmed combat and has knowledge about human pressure points from her father; should she come to combat with either little to no ammo, or was disarmed. Due to her father being a Police Officer, Vanessa is able to acquire various Police Equipment such as Shock-Batons, Tasers, Riot Shields, Tear Gas, etc etc. Vanessa also learned additional medical training and knowledge of various procedures, diseases and other medical information from her mother being a nurse, allowing her to perform medical treatment on the field and at home without much difficulty and better help her friends, allies, innocents and acquaintances.

Backstory: Vanessa was artificially created and given to a British Family to live her life until the age of 13 when she would be sent to the Maidsong Academy. Her parents had successful lives; her mother worked as a nurse at a nearby hospital while her father was a Police Officer for the town they lived in. At the age of 10, her father prepared her for the outside world by teaching her basic self-defense techniques which he told her would come in handy should she end up being disarmed, and in case anyone targeted her because of his job profession. At the age of 13, she was taken to the Maidsong Academy and embark on her steps into the M.A/I.D organization with her parent's blessing.

Her homeroom teacher was Annie Bakshi who, under her instruction and guidance; learned Cyber-warfare and various other technological advantages. She became fast friends with most of the M.A/I.D students and even assisted a few M.A/I.D teams in the field during operations; proving herself to be a very valuable ally both in combat and medically.

Reactions: SadistPoet