Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Sunday

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo, what time we gonna do this? That's my real problem, not date -- or at least right now not yet the date.

@Grumpy, I'm up for tonight, Thursday, or else it'd have to be a week or so later because I've got something today which means I can go on holiday.

I may be interested in this grumpy, what sort of time are you thinking of playing and for how long.

Would be thinking of a dwarven cleric (forgemaster) if I did play.

TELL US THE TIME, GRUMPY!

The sooner you do, the sooner you can replenish the half of your player base that rage quits.

GOD, MAKING ME MAKE DECISIONS FOR THE GAME THAT I'VE DECIDED TO MAKE. >:[

Plan's to run it at either 9PM or 10PM GMT+1 (ie. glorious British time that is superior to everyone else's), so I'm not having to stay up the entire night to run it like I do when participating in Asmo's game.

Dobromir's father was a human and worked with the circus as an acrobat, his mother, an elf who happened upon the town's circus during her time investigating the Orc threat level from Belkzen in the east. He was conceived on the first night that they met, the bond they found in each other was strong enough to put both their jobs on hold to further discover one another. Upon realising the extent of which their first night of passion would direct their lives they left Karcau behind, moving further into the country to a more remote home in the woodland West of Morcei and South of the river. His mother remained with him for the first few months after birth before leaving for Kyonin with the promise that she would return to her family after explaining herself and her actions to the elders.

Now aged twenty four Dobromir has no memories of his mother; only the stories told by his father, his prominent Elvish features and his surname Ereuvyn as proof of her existence. Life as he knew it was spent living off the land with his father learning tricks of the circus trade but with his mother's side and each passing year he found himself quickly surpassing him. Although his love for his father was strong, he did not feel the same compassion to await his mother's return and in all honesty was sceptical about her sincerity, often wondering what the world had to offer beyond the woodlands.

Whenever possible Dobromir would study from books and occasionally his father would venture into Morcei for new material, he had tagged along once or twice at a younger age but remembers the experience through the resentful looks and uneasy body language from his father who has since then decided that Dobromir is not to venture there again. Roughly a year ago from present day his father grew sick and required medicine from Morcei, ignoring his father's warnings he went alone. He received what he was after amongst a shower of hateful comments explaining how welcome he was in the various shops and streets. His father later explained the prejudice which has led to Dobromir wearing a hooded poncho above his leather armour whenever he is outside of the cabin.

Dobromir had a brief encounter with Professor Raskolnokov and his small party four years ago and an urge for adventure began to build up. He had been wandering the surrounding woodland one afternoon when he heard the wail of a man. Arriving quickly on scene he witnessed a wounded man desperately parrying a grizzly bear with another armed man slashing towards it and one more frail looking man backed against a tree behind them. At this point still eager for more human interaction he hurried to their aid despite the danger and assisted in parrying the bear's attacks, explaining that they needed to create fire to ward it off. The fight came to a close as the frail man who later introduced himself as Professor Raskolnokov then passed a lit torch to Dobromir which almost immediately caused the bear to flee. The feeling of his adrenaline pumping and the promise from the Professor that he would never forget Dobromir ignited something within him. Needless to say his summons to Ravengro was accepted with great excitement and perhaps a hint of uncertainty.

Great. Now we've got a bear with a grudge against the party.

Five to six hours seems a solid estimate. Carrion Crown's first adventure path is loose as fuck, so my re-structuring them may mean some sessions last longer than others, but they should average out at that mark.

Sorry about that. I think only older Grizzly's show aggression to humans normally.... so hopefully it has died of old age anyway.

*Looks at the bear, his handle animal check, laughs, makes a break for it*

I ONLY DID WHAT YOU WANTED! NOW I CAN'T TURN INTO A BEAR UNTIL LEVEL 8!

I just copy/paste'd the advice from the Carrion Crown player's handout. Your call to follow it, you silly sausage, you.

*Debates making a Goliath Druid Instead* Hnnnnnnnngggggg

Sorry about that. I think only older Grizzly's show aggression to humans normally.... so hopefully it has died of old age anyway.
So an Undead bear with age-adjusted Wisdom bonuses?

Toss a few more hit dice on the shit sandwich, why don't you?

You think that is nasty, wait until the jackal comes out.

Also, Grumpy, I am going to get shorter and a lot less hairy. Yup. Halfing.

Status
Not open for further replies.