Capax: Desync'd

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize, but I'll have to recede from this RP. I'm sorry, but work has been a lot more demanding than I previously thought and I have 0 time to write. I really was excited about this RP, and maybe sometime in the future I could join a different RP with you.

I apologize, but I'll have to recede from this RP. I'm sorry, but work has been a lot more demanding than I previously thought and I have 0 time to write. I really was excited about this RP, and maybe sometime in the future I could join a different RP with you.
That's alright. Thank you for letting us know! Hmu sometime later when things aren't so busy, yeah? Heck, Capax might still be around and happy to rewelcome you. Who knows. Best of luck!

Reactions: Uneasy Goat
Sorry I haven't gotten a post out yet! Will get one out by the end of the week. Been busy tying up loose ends in my internship and preparing for the next term OTL

• Thank You
Reactions: Rainjay
Hey guys, quick update. It's worth reminding that if you ever need help making a post, I'm here to help. The beginning 'event' posts are probably going to be a little clunky, since I'm trying to get all of our characters to the same place--talking with each other, and noticing that there's something wrong. For the sake of allowing communication and easy interaction between characters in this phase, it's okay if you only post a paragraph as long as you're addressing another character in the post with a question or are waiting for further guidance in the event at hand.

The first event posted (the ? mark one) has something definite for players to find, while the second (the ! event) is more open ended. Players can pursue either, though those closer to the first (Amber, Rachel, Wen) will have to give good reason for noticing the dragon (it's some distance away), as would Wes would for hearing the noise in the first event. Or, if you choose, you can dismiss both.

And, if you have any ideas or thoughts, do share them! The idea is to let players help build the plot--so even if you're leaving loose ends, that's okay.

• Useful
Reactions: ze_kraken
::BASICS::
Name: Sahran Dhib (sae-rahn thib)
Archetype Number: 4

::LOOKS::
Image: Credit to haepanda.
Description: 5'6"; light brown skin tone; muscular athletic build; black hair; brown eyes. Sahran Typically wears loose fit jeans and muscle shirts or t-shirts with hoodies. The pants don't hang low, and he always wears a belt with them. His Preferred footwear: casual hiking shoes. Often times, on sunny days, he'll wear his black baseball cap.
Notable Features: Grim face; bad haircut; deep, raspy voice.

::CHARACTER::
Brief Personality: Introverted, intuitive, (introspective) feeler and (very) judgmental, yet still dominantly perceiving.
Brief History: Sahran's parents died in a house fire. He's an only child. He currently lives in his trainer's basement. Martial Arts is the only reason he's still alive. In middle school, Sahran was the biggest loser in his class and probably the school too. All the boys and girls made fun of him or just pushed him around for no good reason. There's always that one kid who gets it more worse than anyone else --welcome to Sahran's childhood. This harassment, physical and mental, was so severe that he seriously considered suicide. It wasn't until Sahran ran into Yugo, his Sensei, that his life changed for the better. Yugo taught him to fight, to protect himself. In grade seven, he got suspended for kneeing a girl in the face. It was purely in self-defense. She attacked Sahran with a hard plastic flute case after he had knocked out her boyfriend. The boyfriend was the instigator of the fight, obviously. Eventually, he developed a bad rep, always challenging anyone that made fun of him to a fight. If they shoved, he punched or kicked. In time most people would learn that Sahran was the wrong guy to pick on because he fought back, fiercely. It just wasn't worth it. Now, in his last year of high-school (Capax High), the popular kids that hated Sahran's guts started being nice all of a sudden. Sahran never forgot how these people treated him when he was a helpless runt. Befriending the assholes that tormented him in elementary and half his middle school career would be foolish, but Sahran's desire to belong seemed to overcome the reproach of his bad memories. Trust but confirm was initially his maxim for dealing with his newfound friends. Only recently did he start to hesitantly lower his guard around them.
Other: Exceptional rock thrower; Yugo cuts his hair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, this looks really awesome! Are you still accepting characters? If you are, I'd like to reserve archetype 10, please c:

Name: Ellis Holland
Sexuality: Questioning
Archetype Number: 10

Description: Ellis is waifish. Standing at around 5'3" tall and weighing in at around one hundred pounds, her lack of proper exercise and poor diet is solely responsible for her weak frame. She has a pale complexion, making her dark eyes look bigger than they seem and stand out that much more. Her sense of style happens to be whatever is the most comfortable--lots of cotton fabrics and muted colors. She has no tattoos or piercings, but often doodles on herself with pens or markers, which results in some interesting temporary designs.

Notable Features: Long hair. Ellis hasn't had a trim in years, much to the dismay of her parents.

Brief Personality: Ellis has a tendency to rely on sarcasm and wit to get her through most tough situations and she sometimes come off as biting because of it. When she's not annoying others with her smart remarks, she's fairly laid back and tends to go with the flow. She is very loyal to her friends and family and will do whatever she can for them when someone is upset, even if it's nothing more than lending an ear. When faced with strangers, Ellis is quiet but not usually stand-offish and is timid until she gets to know others.

Brief History: Ellis is the middle child between her old brother, Devin, who is now away at college and her younger sister, Gracie, who just started middle school. Her father owns a specialty food shop in town, and her mother is--was--an artist, who worked there as well. Ellis has lived in Capax with her family for her entire life, and she likes it that way.
--

Hope she's okay! Please let me know if you need any adjustments!

Last edited:
Name: Ellis Holland
Sexuality: Questioning
Archetype Number: 10

Description: Ellis is waifish. Standing at around 5'3" tall and weighing in at around one hundred pounds, her lack of proper exercise and poor diet is solely responsible for her weak frame. She has a pale complexion, making her dark eyes look bigger than they seem and stand out that much more. Her sense of style happens to be whatever is the most comfortable--lots of cotton fabrics and muted colors. She has no tattoos or piercings, but often doodles on herself with pens or markers, which results in some interesting temporary designs.

Notable Features: Long hair. Ellis hasn't had a trim in years, much to the dismay of her parents.

Brief Personality: Ellis has a tendency to rely on sarcasm and wit to get her through most tough situations and she sometimes come off as biting because of it. When she's not annoying others with her smart remarks, she's fairly laid back and tends to go with the flow. She is very loyal to her friends and family and will do whatever she can for them when someone is upset, even if it's nothing more than lending an ear. When faced with strangers, Ellis is quiet but not usually stand-offish and is timid until she gets to know others.

Brief History: Ellis is the middle child between her old brother, Devin, who is now away at college and her younger younger sister, Gracie, who just started middle school. Her father owns a specialty food shop in town, and her mother is--was--an artist, who worked there as well. Ellis has lived in Capax with her family for her entire life, and she likes it that way.
--

Hope she's okay! Please let me know if you need any adjustments!
Accepted! Put up an intro post whenever you can!

• Thank You
Reactions: neptune
Thanks! I'll get started on something later tonight.

Last call for responses to the second event before I post the GM response.

Actually, I'm really sorry about this but I just don't think I have the time (time i say when really i mean 'the skill at writing for more than two roleplays at one time') to really devote myself to the roleplay and will have to drop out. I just know that I'll end up dropping out later on when it'll be much more complicated to deal with and I don't want to have you guys deal with that.

Again, I'm really sorry about this, but I really hope this roleplay lasts for you!

Actually, I'm really sorry about this but I just don't think I have the time (time i say when really i mean 'the skill at writing for more than two roleplays at one time') to really devote myself to the roleplay and will have to drop out. I just know that I'll end up dropping out later on when it'll be much more complicated to deal with and I don't want to have you guys deal with that.

Again, I'm really sorry about this, but I really hope this roleplay lasts for you!
Alright. Sad to see you go, but it's alright. And thanks!

I was out far later than expected.... Please bare with me. Post promised tomorrow. I'll put it up as early as I can.

S'alright. Take your time @Rainjay :)

• Thank You
Do we have anyone planning on posting before we move on?

Status
Not open for further replies.