Capax: Desync'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only one question: when the IC starts, how long ago would the change (but switch seems more appropriate) have been? A week before the IC starts? A day ago? I'd just like to know how much time my character would have to adapt.
It's entirely your choice. Pick whichever you feel will best help you associate your character with others.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
B A S I C S
Name: Wen Bonheur
Archetype Number: 7
L O O K S​
Image:
Credit to kinohara-kossuta

Description:
At an abnormally tall 185 cm, Wen Bonheur used to look something akin to a wraith: unhealthily pale skin in contrast to long, dark hair and brown eyes. The only way to put it would be "unhealthy." Too skinny, too sharp, and too fake. She'd been fond of ill-fitting clothes and too much makeup and product to look healthy. After the Switch (as he's termed it), he'd shorn his hair short and worked on making him actually healthy instead of only appearing so. His face has is no longer so gaunt, and while his skin seems unable to tan, he is no longer so pasty.

Notable Features:
His hair is now entirely natural and looks messy when juxtaposed with the put-together formal wear he now favors.
C H A R A C T E R​
Brief Personality:
Wen was rude, immature, and prone to fits of temper but was straightforward and simple in what she wanted. He is now a well-mannered, eloquent, and charming gentleman. Quite finicky, prone to being longwinded, and (politely) manipulative, but everyone has their flaws.

Brief History:
Wen was born and raised in Louisiana until she moved to Capax when she was 12. In a bid to be regarded as anything other than the new kid with no friends, she did what she could to be liked. Because of this she'd been known to unknowingly bully her peers that didn't fit in. A month since the Switch and he's... content. Confused, startlingly aware of his past misdeeds, and essentially a new person, but alright and trying to fix his life.​

Reactions: ze_kraken
Accepted! I'll update the roster tmrow since I'm currently on my tablet. After Leif or one other person posts a cs we'll begin!

Are you still accepting characters?
We are, and we'd be glad to have you :) You can pick an archetype to reserve, or make a non-archetype character, or both. If you have any questions, be sure to let me know.

If it's alright with you I'd love to reserve #4 or #5, 4 preferably. I'll have a character sheet up in the next 24 hours for sure.

If it's alright with you I'd love to reserve #4 or #5, 4 preferably. I'll have a character sheet up in the next 24 hours for sure.
5 is reserved, so I'll put you down for 4. If the person with 5 doesn't reply in 24 hours I'll give you a brief reserve on both if you don't have a CS up yet.

Hey guys! Looks like I'll be able to post the IC tonight or tomorrow, so I'm doing a quick role call to see who's still here.

@Leif @Icy @J_"Kraken" @Cephalo @Auntie Phaz @Uneasy Goat

We'll have a week for introduction posts and I'll start posting GM events fairly quickly to keep things rolling. However, now would be a good time to start working out how our characters are related. Unfortunately I will not have an archetype character up until the IC is posted, so that newcomers may have their pick of archetype first. But I will be able to help players make relations between the existing posted characters.

If anybody has any questions (particularly about character relations) let me know and I'll update with a bit more detailed explanation. Basically, you're just trying to find small ways that you characters are related to that they'll meet up and interact. I.E they go to the same coffee shop at the same time every Monday, so they know each others faces. They're classmates. Their siblings are dating. Etc.

I'm still here. Rachel'll be fairly well known, if not by name, as "the person always working the gas station".

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Rainjay
Well, it's a small town so I'd assume everyone would know Wen as the Louisiana kid. They'd probably remember the bullying (because hello, not fitting in happens to lots of people when it's a small town). It'd be a month since the Switch, but it'd take a while for the public to transition to new!Wen and a month usually doesn't cut it.

If anything, there'll probably be a character or two who's been bullied by past!Wen. That's about all I can think of for him.

• Thank You
Well, it's a small town so I'd assume everyone would know Wen as the Louisiana kid. They'd probably remember the bullying (because hello, not fitting in happens to lots of people when it's a small town). It'd be a month since the Switch, but it'd take a while for the public to transition to new!Wen and a month usually doesn't cut it.

If anything, there'll probably be a character or two who's been bullied by past!Wen. That's about all I can think of for him.
When I do make my archetype character, perhaps they could be friends?

When I do make my archetype character, perhaps they could be friends?
Sure, why not? He'll need at least one person who doesn't dislike him. Would the friendship have lasted through the Switch or began after it?

Sure, why not? He'll need at least one person who doesn't dislike him. Would the friendship have lasted through the Switch or began after it?
It might be interesting if it lasted through. Makes for some interesting dynamics, I think.

Wes Chambers

::BASICS::
Name:
Wesley 'Wes' Chambers
Sexuality: Gay

Archetype Number: 5

::LOOKS::
Description:
Around 5'8 with dark brown skin and darker brown eyes, Wes has a medium build and while not out of shape, he doesn't boast a particularly toned physique. He usually keeps his hair cut fairly short and cropped close to his head. His face is framed by a pair of thick but well-groomed sideburns that extend down to his jawline. High cheekbones sit above a slightly squarish nose and a pair of lips that are usually pursed into a stern-looking frow, which in turn give way to a narrow, pointed chin. Wes is typically clothed pretty casually, favoring jeans and a sweatshirt on most days, although he does occasionally venture into wearing items with a little more flair like tank tops

Notable Features: Wears glasses practically 24/7 as he is nearly blind without them. Also has a single silver stud piercing in his left earlobe.

::CHARACTER::
Brief Personality:
Constantly observant but seemingly indifferent to most things that occur around him, Wes often appears withdrawn or even outright hostile to others. He rarely reacts to what's said or done to him with more than a standard, perfunctory response. The exception to this is when he's extremely insulted or offended by someone, in which case he lashes out with a dry yet devastating wit, his comebacks seemingly tailor-made for the sore spots of his target. From time to time his uniquely acerbic sense of humor comes to light in more benign ways, earning him respect or at the very least recognition from adults and his more mature peers.

Brief History: Wes' family moved to Capax when he was very young, and as such it is the only place he can rightfully call home, having few memories of living anywhere else. This is at odds with his sense of place in the world, since although he was very outgoing and considered extremely bright as a child, he always felt like something of an outsider. He gained some perspective on this when at the age of 13 he realized he was gay, something he soon regretted ever having shared after a few of his friends and family had less than glowing reactions to the news.

Following this abortive attempt at coming out, Wes became isolated and aloof. The rejection and disappointment he felt played a large part in building the coarse exterior he now presents to the world. However, he now finds being 'that gay kid' is not such a terrible burden to live with, and he has a small but trustworthy group of friends that accept him, bristles and all, with whom he feels he can open up more and be himself.

*Source for image

• Love
Wes Chambers

::BASICS::
Name:
Wesley 'Wes' Chambers
Sexuality: Gay

Archetype Number: 5

::LOOKS::
Description:
Around 5'8 with dark brown skin and darker brown eyes, Wes has a medium build and while not out of shape, he doesn't boast a particularly toned physique. He usually keeps his hair cut fairly short and cropped close to his head. His face is framed by a pair of thick but well-groomed sideburns that extend down to his jawline. High cheekbones sit above a slightly squarish nose and a pair of lips that are usually pursed into a stern-looking frow, which in turn give way to a narrow, pointed chin. Wes is typically clothed pretty casually, favoring jeans and a sweatshirt on most days, although he does occasionally venture into wearing items with a little more flair like tank tops

Notable Features: Wears glasses practically 24/7 as he is nearly blind without them. Also has a single silver stud piercing in his left earlobe.

::CHARACTER::
Brief Personality:
Constantly observant but seemingly indifferent to most things that occur around him, Wes often appears withdrawn or even outright hostile to others. He rarely reacts to what's said or done to him with more than a standard, perfunctory response. The exception to this is when he's extremely insulted or offended by someone, in which case he lashes out with a dry yet devastating wit, his comebacks seemingly tailor-made for the sore spots of his target. From time to time his uniquely acerbic sense of humor comes to light in more benign ways, earning him respect or at the very least recognition from adults and his more mature peers.

Brief History: Wes' family moved to Capax when he was very young, and as such it is the only place he can rightfully call home, having few memories of living anywhere else. This is at odds with his sense of place in the world, since although he was very outgoing and considered extremely bright as a child, he always felt like something of an outsider. He gained some perspective on this when at the age of 13 he realized he was gay, something he soon regretted ever having shared after a few of his friends and family had less than glowing reactions to the news.

Following this abortive attempt at coming out, Wes became isolated and aloof. The rejection and disappointment he felt played a large part in building the coarse exterior he now presents to the world. However, he now finds being 'that gay kid' is not such a terrible burden to live with, and he has a small but trustworthy group of friends that accept him, bristles and all, with whom he feels he can open up more and be himself.

*Source for image
Accepted! I'll update the roster in a bit. :D

I'll be working on finishing up the IC and hopefully will have it up tomorrow! I'll also be working on an archetype character tomorrow.

On Saturday I'll be away until late in the afternoon (EST). I won't be able to answer questions/post until about 4 PM. Sorry about that!

Edit: Unless someone reserved archetypye #1 by 12 PM tomorrow, I'll reserve it myself for a character.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ze_kraken
I've updated the roster with my archetype character, Anais.

Status
Not open for further replies.