Camp Half-Blood: The American Revolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key
= Sam

When Sam figured they were out of earshot of the other men, she closed her eyes and told herself that it's for the best that Henry knows.

"Henry," Sam grabbed the brim of her hat and lifted her hat off her head to reveal a sea of golden hair. It flowed down towards her shoulders like a wave of gold. She looked Henry in the eyes and said the three words she had kept a secret for months. "I'm a girl." She felt the weight of the secret she had been keeping for months finally lift off her shoulders. She smiled, hoping Henry would do the same.

Reactions: Wavedream623
Key:
= Henry

Henry stared, the new information blowing up his brain into smithereens. "A-a girl?" He sputtered, not quite wrapping his head around the fact that the person he envied and felt safe around the most was female. Again.

'I can't believe it.' Henry thought with awe. 'I thought my mom was the only woman crazy enough to dress up as a guy.'

He remembered the tales his mother told him about the French and Indian War in which she served in. She had worked alongside the commanders of the British Army, which made Henry gleeful with the thought that they never found out her secret. Only one man figured out that she wasn't a male, which was a man who was pretty smart his mom told him. Because his mom had been so good at her job on the battlefield, the man had deducted that it was reasonable to keep her secret. But he did keep an eye on her a lot more. His mom had even joked that he may have been in love with her.

Key
= Sam

"Yes, I'm a girl." Sam sighed, looking down at the ground. "I'm sorry I kept this from you, but I couldn't have the men think that I was less than them, that all I was meant for was to stay at home, clean the house, and obey what the man of the house would have to say. I don't want that for my future. Besides," Sam sighed again. "it's not like guy would want to marry me in the future. I'm not like everyone else. I..." Sam was hesitant to tell Henry about the monsters she had seen, the monsters she had dreamt about. It was the other secret she had, that she had even kept from Abby. It was the only secret she had kept from Abby. Did she really want to tell Henry?

Sam sat down on the stump again, still keeping her focus on the ground. "Never mind. You would think I belong in the insane asylum."

Key:
= Henry

"I don't think you belong in the insane asylum." Henry protested. He tried not to falter under Sam's intense gaze and began to talk. "M-My mom dressed up as a guy too, like you're doing now! She served in the French and Indian War. S-She's like my hero so I have nothing against you being a girl." He admitted.

The teen felt a little uncomfortable sharing this, but Henry realized he wanted to tell Sam what he felt about this. Something inside him told him it was important for her to know. So with that in mind, Henry began to spill the beans. "When my mom was alive, she was there for me. She gave me a hug every day and told me that things would get better." He drew in a deep breath, trying not to tear up. "But before thing could get better like she said, my mom died." Crossing his arms, Henry continued his story. "My dad was a rat breath and didn't help me, saying that I have to 'get even' with them. How the heck am I supposed to get even with them with this?!" Henry lifted his bony arm, pointing to it with frustration. He sighed, rubbing the back of his neck in habit.

Key
= Sam

"At least you have a dad!" Sam burst, looking at Henry with pain in her eyes. She didn't mean to yell, but it just came out. "At least you have a dad who cares about you, who loves you, who still worries about you even if you don't realize it!" Tears started to well up in her eyes. She had hoped this path didn't have to be taken, but now that it was chosen, there was no going back.

She closed her eyes, wishing she could disappear. She hated crying in front of people. It made her feel weak, helpless, a failure. She wanted to run away from Henry, to get away from everyone, but at the same time, she wanted to rush up to Henry and hug him. Honestly, she didn't know which one she wanted to do more. She was lost in the dark with no light source to guide her way.

Key:
= Henry

Henry didn't know what to say. He stood there at a loss of words, his mind fighting him to wander off in other directions with his emotions all over the place. "I guess." The teen mummered. "I would agree if he didn't go out every night to the Tavern and drink until he's a rat breath."

Key
= Sam

Sam tightened her fists. Her choice on either fleeing Henry or hugging him was leaning towards hugging him, but she tried to resist the urge. They both had crappy dad's that didn't care what happened to them. She felt like she was getting closer and closer to him each time she opened herself to him. She felt an emotion she had tried to hold back before, but it was harder than last time. She had never felt this way about a guy before, much less than a guy like Henry, but here it was, bubbling inside her, making her feel like a little girl with a crush. How was she going to tell Henry, if she wanted to tell him at all?

She looked up at Henry, and she knew she had to tell him somehow. "Henry, there's one more thing..."

Key:
= Henry

Henry looked at her with all his might, fighting his changing mind wanting to focus on the shiny metal gleaming from his letter opener sticking out of the pocket of his pants. He forced himself to stare right into her eyes, listening to every word she said. "Its ok Sam, whatever it is I probably won't mind." Henry told her, trying to reassure her. "We're friends."

Key
= Sam

Sam sighed. 'This is harder that is was to spill my secret.' She thought, biting her lip. How could she tell him if all he wanted was to be friends? What if he didn't feel the same way? What if he told her he could never feel the same way for her? She would look like a fool, and that was the last thing she wanted to do.

"I... I, uh..." Sam couldn't get the words out. She was too afraid that he wouldn't feel the same way, that her feelings went only one way. She couldn't risk that. It would be too much if he didn't feel the same way. It would hurt her inside.

Sam looked away again, blushing as red as an apple. "Never mind. I can't tell you"

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.