C.O.N.D.I.G.N --> The Terrifying Glitch

Crow had been running at an even pace when he was suddenly thrown into a split second "LOADING" zone, then thrown into a new room. Yet he felt no sense of motion during the few seconds it happened. Stopping his movement, he looked around and noticed other people were here, as well.

"Huh," Crow said, after the screen had given the instructions. "So, we'll need to pair up, eh?" Crow took another look around, trying to see who would complement his fighting style. The buster sword quickly labeled him as a powerful melee warrior, so he figured he'd be of use in this mission. However, Crow didn't approach anyone. He was always bad when it came time to approach people, so he instead walked up to the large screen. His chain mail armor and plate legs clinked lightly as he walked, while his footsteps echoed oddly in the room.

Once he stepped in front of the screen, he glanced upwards a little, to get a better view, and studied the map. He hoped he'd be able to find a library that was in the open, so he could make better use of the massive blade on his back. Well, Crow thought, someone is bound to have to pick me. I mean, we're an even number of people.

Looking around Kuro saw him self in a blue room with a few others. Then a voice started giving them instructions. Hanging a cigarillo from his lip while he paid attention he was aware of what the mission entailed already. He thought that was kinda funny. (huh the old locate and secure routine).

When it was done talking he sat down in a chair and began. "Hello, dam I love reading books all kinds as long as it peaks my interest." And the conversation picked up around the room. He smiled inside and almost laughed... He thought it might be too easy. He couldn't wait to start.

Looking around he noticed one big figure in particular, a big Dragon-Humanoid with a giant blade strapped to his back.
(perfect.) his mind thought. (me and him would work well together.)
approaching him, he said in his troll voice, "Hello my name is Kabur, as the question has asked do you like to read?"

"huh?" Wraithos paused, looking around. "So... we play nice, then play dirty and then read a book...im sorry, i already passed highschool..." he said withotu emotion, looking around for more info... there was none, and wraithos actively sighed, scratchign his forehead. his regal clothing and formidible enhanced blade were a sight to see, but his unentertained gaze might be offputting.

"Well.. i don't like to read, but i do like a good story." Wraithos said aloud, more to teh imp on his shoulder than to the others.

The sudden change in scenery made Karma Coma's mind twirl for a moment, she had always been the type of person that got nauseous almost by any sudden or fast movement. Weak kneed she crouched down in the new setting taking in all the information the person was telling her, every single detail at most.

Enjoy reading? Of course I do!!

She thought, her amethyst eyes widen with excitement as she finally stood onto her own two feet, a smile lifted upon her face, and her head tilted purple locks of hair falling against her eye's.

Now. Who would want to be my partner?

She was an independent type, not a team worker, she sighed heavily and looked at the others, a smirk upon her face she knew she would have to take a chance or anything.

"Who wants to be my partner?", her arm's crossed.

When hearing some female blatantly ask, "Does anyone want to be my partner?" Kuro got interested since he's always done better working with females then males he grew curious at here power, class, and race. So he clicked on the info of player tab above her name. ( Huh says here she's a necromancer, is human, and is a good staff and sword wielder...interesting.)

Kuro spoke above the silence that in sued as everyone was taken back by Karma Coma's blatant request. " Sure I'll be your partner. I like that you're a necromancer by the way." Kuro said taking her slightly of guard. " By the way my name is Kuro Okami nice to meet you." Kuro does this only because he doesn't think he'll have a chance to get a partner that will complement him, and since she's a necromancer it could complement him very well.

Xeis had appeared in what seemed like a deserted city when the game finally booted up. Elena had only played for a little bit of time once before but she didn't remember leaving off there. As soon as Xeis was about to start exploring he was yanked into a conference room with a bunch of others around. As he read the instructions his gaze shifted to the people around him. They had already begun talking amongst themselves and Xeis was totally lost.

"Hey everyone!" He smiled and waved, trying to appear friendly. After all these suckers lovely people could be excellent customers one day. Without really thinking he took his satchel off and set it on the table in front of him pulling out a couple of herbs and chemicals and began mixing them into a potent poison. This one he could sell for a gold coin at least, or maybe he'd use it on his spear for this mission, who knew. While he mixed he looked up from time to time, trying to listen in on the others conversations.

Crow was surprised when he was initially approached. He had expected it, eventually, but was still surprised by how quickly he had been approached. When he turned around, all he could utter was a surprised, "Whoa!" Shaking his head free from the surprise, Crow extended a hand, to shake. "A troll, eh? So my partner will be physically strong, but... Ah! You can use elemental magics as well? This is perfect!"

At the question of whether or not he liked to read, he nodded. "Who doesn't like reading? At least once every so often? Do you like reading?" He assumed he had answered the question properly. The answers needed to be in the context of a question, after all.

Extending his hand out, he gives it a firm shake,
"I love to read. In truth its one of my only other interests in life, hell. If the school was burning down I'd run to the library and save as many fiction books as i could."
"and yes, the reason i picked you is because you are an obviously well equipped melee fighter that will be able to do tons, I can take out the weak range attackers easily, and hold my own with the staff, but not fer long. I also plan on getting meself a nice pair of maces to replace the staff real soon." turning his head the screen, "The question now is, which library do we be pickin ourselves to go to?"

Wraithos twitched a little.. his dry humor ahadn't goen over well." o..kay." He breathed, waltzing over to Xeis as he started to mix up his potion. " What happens if i force that down a guards throat?" he said, smiling under his conceiling scarf.

"Or maybe slip it to eh.. one of them and make our job easier, eh?" He chuckled at that devious note. His Cellphone rang in Real life and his hand automatically went to smack it to silence... instead, he slammed the Table and bumped the poisonous liquids, taking a surprised leap backwards out of reflex...

'Uhm.. Did i mention i failed chemistry?!!" he blurted, half expecting the jumbled poisons to combust upon his accidental intrusion.

(P.S. i Have just Lost THE GAME)

Karma Coma instantly blushed, her face slightly pinkish, she smiled weakly, she had never made any real contact with male's except for her own brother. She knew this would be her chance to learn about others, in stand of her coworker's, or hearing stories from people she tattooed, which she annoyed. At most times thought the stories they told her were obviously fake.

She pulled up Kuro Okami's profile, almost everything intrigued her, his pointed ear's explained the elf, but she wanted to know his wolf characteristic's for a moment, a samurai, as well. Her head tilted as she brought out her hand, and smiled warmly.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Karma Coma", her eye's closed, a warm, friendly smile grew upon her face as she brought out her hand. She was defiantly ready for an interesting trip.

Laela's eyes widened as they were teleported to a different room. No wonder Beth loved this game. This is totally what she'd be in to. She listened as the instructions carefully. Do I like to read? Of course I do!

Laela looked around at all the other players. There were so many. Instantly, they began aproaching each other in hopes of becoming partners. Okay Laela, you can do this. Just aproach one of them and ask to be thier partner. It's no big deal. Laela was never very good at meeting or talking to new people, but her friend's life was on the line. Being half Angel she possesed strong abilities to heal, so she figured she would do great with a strong fighter as they do not have stong health.

"E-excuse me.. Does anyone need a partner?" She said slightly embaressed.

Seeing her hand out he shook it with a smile on his face. " Nice to meet you too, I'm Kuro Okami call me Kuro." excited that he had a partner he then looked at the board with the libraries. " So which one do you want to do?" says Kuro as he points at the board.

Kuro hears another female ask for a partner and wonders if any one will accept her request. ( Well she came a little late to get me but some other strong fighter might want to join her.) Kuro then looks back at Karma and asks, " Oh Yeah... Do you like to read, because I know I do?" ( I wonder if you can have more then two in a group because at this rate we'll have too many to go two per library... we might just have to have multiple partners.) Kuro thinks this with out letting it show while he waits for his partners response.

Xeis looked up as Wraithos approached him and couldn't help but chuckle at the questions.

"Oh well, that guard would probably stop breathing in relatively short order." A wicked grin crossed Xeis' face but it quickly faded as his newfound friend slammed on the table. He threw his arm over his face just in case one of his concoctions exploded from the shaking. When everything settled and his bottles stopped shaking he shot the other man an angered look.

"Please...don't disrupt the various potions I've got going. Wouldn't want to sell a health potion that explodes ya?" He chuckled as he began putting stoppers on the vials and placing them back into his pack, keeping a few bigger bottles on special loops on his belt, these would be the ones that exploded so he wanted to make sure that they didn't mix with the others.

"I'm Xeis by the way, nice to meet you. Don't worry about the others though, I think we'll be able to figure out this puzzle rather quickly." He flashed a smile and extended his hand.

In the real world Elena adjusted in her seat, it was so difficult to keep a masculine front, but she was going to have to try her best!

[DASH="#FFCC11"][DASH="#436EEE"]
<<хcαɴdyхcoɴғeттιх>>

Ophelia rolled her eyes. She thought the fact that saving the bookstores had absolutely nothing to do with the mission in this room. Talking about reading? Was that really going to get them anywhere? She sighed and looked around as the others made teams. The clock was ticking on the large screen. They only had about five minutes left. She shrugged.

"I like reading something I can learn from." she told no one in particular. She wasn't going to participate in this 'can i get a partner?' thing because it didn't make sense. They wouldn't be able to rely on that partner unless the partner had the precise abilities they needed to accomplish the bookstore mission. Instead, she took the time to take note of everyone else's powers & demeanors.

She'd be ready when it was time switch around.

At least we're capable of communication as long as we're in the same mission area she was thankful for that at least. She turned slightly as the time was nearly up. She'd spent the last few minutes going over the people's information, highlighting strengths and weaknesses in her mind for later reference. The screen announced it was time to go.

Ophelia stared at the screen. She had decided. She'd go to bookstore number three, and five if three was taken.

[/DASH][/DASH]

**********************​

COMPUTER SCREEN

"YOU MAY NOW CHOOSE YOUR MAP"
A panel rose out of the ground in front of the screen. Six different maps were laying in labeled cases.

The computer screen demonstrated an animation on how to retrieve the map. The character walked to the panel and scanned his ID onto the surface. It opened to give him the map. The next person did the same. Each partner gets a single copy. After two scans, a case withdraws into the ground.

"PLAYER WRAITHOS; you have been given an infraction. Be warned for disqualification."

"Don't worry, I love to read too! We'll make quite the pair! ", She smiled, her eyes closed and her cheek's grew slightly red. But not to red that she looked embarrassed. She scanned each area, thinking what one would look pleasing to her, she didn't know what, but she wanted to find something that would intrigue both of them.

"What's your favorite number? And we'll go with that one", She answered, she didn't want to go first, or go ahead of herself she wasn't that kind of person, she didn't want to seem bossy, or in charge, it was defiantly something she couldn't do.

I would say 4, but I don't know...

She thought, putting a hand to her lips, she watched each place, and she knew each bookstore had a monster they needed to face, and she sighed lightly.

"Well um.... my favorite number is to high for one through six but I'd say 4 or 5." Kuro said as he smiled at her. Kuro hoped for a challenge. ( Well now what does she want to do?) He waited patiently for her answer before going up to swipe their card.

He was very intrigued that she blushed all the time. " Oh and do you always blush this much." It was a friendly jab but Kuro didn't know if she would take it well. He realized he was smiling a little to much and toned it down a bit. ( Dam... I shouldn't smile so big.)

Wraithos chuckled back. " s-so sorry, cellphone.. uhm.. well, Between you and me... Guards have a weakspot for trickery." he chuckled. "Just like everyone els in this world. programming mimmics reality afterall." he extended his hand back to Xeis and shook firmly, snapping his fingers as the imp popped up at his shoulder. " I think this little fella can drop the potion right where it needs be, eh?" he smiled wider. Inquisitive though he was, his social demeanor was that of the conversation hog. "So what do you think of going for store number one?" he asked before the screen popped up and announced him directly.

"w-wait.. infraction? what does THAT mean?" he said, almost comically scared. he had jsut started the game, would he lose his pre-ordered pre-leveled sword he busted so much real cash for????!!

Access Port 11800. . .
Access C://Documents/Program Files/ CONDIGN
Starting up . . .

Username: Celo Atrox
Password:*********************
Logging in. . .
Loading map . . .
Loading texture . . .
Loading interface . . .
Welcome back, Celo!

A thin pillar of light blue light emerged from the cement in the enormous "home city". Large buildings towered over the characters, puffing out smog. The city had a warm feeling overall, due to the extensive player base. Merchants were attending to their shops, yelling out their wares as one would expect from a paper boy. Hundreds more were involved in various quests, speaking in their parties to coordinate their efforts. It was, after all, a team game.

Celo materialized from the pillar of light, her shoes making a soft clacking noise as they touched the cement. She took a few moments to observe the world around her, taking in the activities and speech quietly with her blood red eyes, her gaze piercing. Anyone who knew her would notice that she followed this routine daily, but she kept to herself, so this was no issue. After a few minutes of observing, she took her first steps towards the library, which was marked by a tiny blue blip on her minimap. She had been in a party a while ago, and had followed them there, leaving afterwards. As she walked, her flowing red robes nearly touched the ground, while her dark blue hair swayed in the gentle breeze running through the city. She paused for a moment, and a slim staff materialized to her right. The design was simple, a normal rod, with intertwining ends, a tiny red jewel floating in the center. It was floating itself, eliminating the need for Celo to carry it. She continued her quest, coming across what was supposed to be Library number 5. It was rather unimpressive in its design. She placed a hand on the wooden door, and opened it slowly, the door creaking, obviously in need of oil. Once she was inside, her feet lifted off the ground-She was floating like her staff. She closed her eyes, and began to ascend away from prying eyes, nestled safely where she would not be noticed. Now, she would wait for people to come here...

Seeing that time was almost up, Kabur examined the map one last time, seeing that library #6 was the furthest out from the rest, choosing this one Kabur walked away from the map to the panel, scanned his I.D. and selected map option 6.
After doing this Kabur motioned to crow to do the same.
"Quickly now, we dont want someone else to take 6."