BUG REPORTS THREAD: XF 1.4.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if anyone has posted about this yet or if its just me with this problem, but when I try to view my content or even search something I get this error message:
"The search could not be completed. Please try again later."

Not sure if anyone has posted about this yet or if its just me with this problem, but when I try to view my content or even search something I get this error message:
"The search could not be completed. Please try again later."
The search feature is currently offline, so no one can use it or see the posting history on the profile. We don't know at the moment when we might be able to get it back up.

- Blog posts that has been deleted can be seen if one goes through links (which includes alerts)
- Mods can't look at deleted blog posts through the normal "show" button and need to go through a link to the post. Very inconvenient if we need to look at something that was deleted before we got the link for it. o_o

I can't get on my account via computer but phone is a go. Is this a bug or is my computer just a piece of shit?

VERY VERY MINOR...

Having invisibility issues with the search function on the members page

This is the bar with the invisible text.PNG
This is near the top of the page, and comes to tell me I should enter a user's full name in the search. Okay, except I can't see it at all unless I highlight it.

Hum... The fonts in the Forum are different for every title...
Like it's just really annoying cause it pops out xD

Example:
ANNOUNCEMENT AND NEWS
CHAT ROOMS
GENERATOR PROJECT

I'm not sure if this is a bug but... For the last couple of weeks I get auto-logged out while typing my post so that when I go to hit the Post Reply button after typing for 10 - 20 minutes, I have to log back in first. Sometimes it saves my post and will post it once I log in but I have also lost multiple posts that did not get saved. It also happens when I'm just flipping between forums. It's rather annoying to keep having to log in every 5 minutes or sometimes even less. Is there a low time limit set on activity or maybe it's something on my end?

Edited: I had to log in to begin my post. Took me less than 2 minutes to type it and then had to log in again to hit the post reply button. Just an example.

@Aislin are you using Iwaku via mobile? This is a common thing with mobile users because your login only persists for as long as you are connected to the same mobile tower. Once your connection hops towers (which occurs more often than you probably think), you'll be forced to log in again.

If you are using a computer, though, then I have no idea.

@fatalrendezvous - Yes, I am on my laptop at home using the same internet connection, etc. when this happens. The thing about the mobile app makes sense but unfortunately, not the case. Thanks for chiming in though. :)

@fatalrendezvous - Yes, I am on my laptop at home using the same internet connection, etc. when this happens. The thing about the mobile app makes sense but unfortunately, not the case. Thanks for chiming in though. :)
I had this happened to me when I used a proxy in another forum. Are you using one perhaps?

I'm not sure if this is a bug but... For the last couple of weeks I get auto-logged out while typing my post so that when I go to hit the Post Reply button after typing for 10 - 20 minutes, I have to log back in first. Sometimes it saves my post and will post it once I log in but I have also lost multiple posts that did not get saved. It also happens when I'm just flipping between forums. It's rather annoying to keep having to log in every 5 minutes or sometimes even less. Is there a low time limit set on activity or maybe it's something on my end?

Edited: I had to log in to begin my post. Took me less than 2 minutes to type it and then had to log in again to hit the post reply button. Just an example.
Stupid question, but are you sure that you click "Stay Logged In" each time that you have to log back in? Back when it would do that to me, it would be because I was too hasty with signing up and forgot to click it.

@Izurich I'm going to say no as I don't know how to work with Proxy servers
@Jerelin - I've actually never clicked that button since I joined. I thought it would make me look online even when I wasn't. However, if it may solve this issue I will give it a try.

Thanks everyone. :)

Reactions: Jerelin
I've actually never clicked that button since I joined. I thought it would make me look online even when I wasn't. However, if it may solve this issue I will give it a try.

If you have been inactive (not clicked on anything) for a certain amount of time (15-30 min), it will stop showing you as online. Once you click on something again or come back to the site your status will go back to online. Every time you visit iwaku from that computer, you'll get automatically logged in, so if you share computer with someone else, then you should click the log out button when leaving the computer so no one gets onto your account. ^^

@Izurich I'm going to say no as I don't know how to work with Proxy servers
@Jerelin - I've actually never clicked that button since I joined. I thought it would make me look online even when I wasn't. However, if it may solve this issue I will give it a try.

Hope that is what it was and not a bigger issue! :)

I just had this error come up:

66da25e5b6e1e5f0821e062c8df4035e.png

And iwaku was down for about 3-5 minutes for me. Talked to a friend who said iwaku was still working for him, so it wasn't an issue everyone had, but I still thought I'd let you know. ^_^

This is a BUG REPORT THREAD!

We just updated the forums to 1.4.5!

If something weird is happening, or giving you errors, report it in this thread.

PLEASE -ONLY- REPORT IT IN THIS THREAD. DO NOT SEND A CONVERSATION, EMAIL, HIT UP PEOPLE IN CHAT OR ON SKYPE UNLESS YOU CANNOT POST ON THE FORUMS.
You might end up messaging the wrong person and getting BAD information. Everyone needs to be able to see what is reported and what has been fixed. Please make sure to report bugs in the right place or we might never get it fixed!

KNOWN ISSUES STILL TO BE ADDRESSED
- Page Number Spacing Issue
- Text Editor Looks weird in groups and blogs (wtf?)
- text editor font color unreadable on darker styles
- tags appearing weirdly on some threads??
- alerts not showing on phones (as designed??)
- fieldset boxes need fixing on dark styles
- text on character gallery weird on buttons
- text unreadable on prefix box in dark styles
- can't delete watched thread folders (CANNOT FIX THIS)

Status
Not open for further replies.