BUG REPORTS THREAD: XF 1.4.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! So I noticed this really minor thing. It's actually so minor that I contemplated on not even reporting it at first, but then I was like what the hell, it's not it's going to fix itself if nobody points it out or anyone notices it.

qyd11l.png

The text on the save button isn't visible when choosing custom text color or background color for text. The button, as we can see, is just about as black as my soul. I mean obviously I know what the button does and all so it works just fine, but I thought I'd just throw this in here among the other fixable things. I used Teal Owl as the color theme, and I haven't tried others. Too lazy. Sorry.

Thanks and have a nice day!

The text box disappeared on me in threads when I'm on a laptop. xD I had to switch to mobile just to post this.

the color customization option in the rich text editor has a button that is blacked out to the point where I can't read what it says

Okay so this tends to happen alot, and it was actually happening before the update but I just thought it was because of lag.
Anyway, sometimes when I try to tag someone the list of tags won't appear directly under where I'm typing and instead it'll appear at the bottom of the page or just recently, a few posts up. I'll probably have to screenshot the problem my post is confusing, but I don't know when its going to happen again, because the tag list doesn't appear very often for me.

I am not sure how much of a bug this is or whether it is a bug at all but I have been urged to report so that's what I'm gonna do.

On one of the threads that I have started (link here) when I click the thread tools I can the option that reads 'Select for thread moderation'. I asked around as to what it could mean and that's when I got urged to report this as potential bug. So here you have it guys ^^

If you're on mobile device - including tablets - some buttons won't load up. I think this has to do with slow/weak internet speeds.
Nope. I'm on my laptop when this happens. My phone has no rich text editor since it's pretty old

Here's a few pics of the blacked out buttons
image.JPG asjdf.JPG colors.JPG

I'm sure there are others but those are what pops up when I did a skim of the rich text editor

If I edit a post of often, the code overlaps.
I've had the worst trouble with this main post here
(click here) where bold won't activate, neither will a single hyperlink. Hitting the editing button cause it to double feed the colors and it clogs the post with code that didn't activate.

I HAVE SOFT DELETED POSTS FROM BUGS THAT ARE FIXED OR ISSUES THAT HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED IN OTHER THREADS!

As always, still slowly trying to check off the rest. X_____X

I'm not sure if this is intentional or not but their's no enrich code editor for the comment section in the blogs, just a simple message box you can no longer paragraph in :c

Never mind, looks like it was just a one night thing? Or is this suppose to happen on mobile (on table now)?

Sooo when you go to submit an ad using the Thunder Grey color scheme (haven't checked other colors yet)...

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG
The text blends in with the background of the info box.

Ive been attempting to use spoilers and accorian style tabs. But for some reason whenever i save my changes it randomly inserts new codes and messes everything up.

for example i try to do 1 spoiler with a block of text, and a small bold title. It will break the title into its own spoiler, and break the block of text into three different spoilers. when i open the editor, the code is there even though i didnt put it there.

Or for the accordion style tabs, it will cut out the first tab when i go to view the post, and say no tab. When i go back to the editor it will of added three more of the opening and closing codes for the tabs. For no reason.

Im not sure if its a problem with me, my computer or the specific thread i was trying to make. Heres a link to the thread : here
(you can see the problem near the bottom)

I think I broke something D:!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

The alerts bar is the bottom the page and the accordion code is wigging out, and I'm not sure I captured this, but my signature no longer has boundaries. Here's the post.

What happens when I take out the fieldset:
image.jpg

Looking at the raw code, there is not extra inserted codes or anything, so I'm not sure what's causing this o.o

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Ive been attempting to use spoilers and accorian style tabs. But for some reason whenever i save my changes it randomly inserts new codes and messes everything up.

for example i try to do 1 spoiler with a block of text, and a small bold title. It will break the title into its own spoiler, and break the block of text into three different spoilers. when i open the editor, the code is there even though i didnt put it there.

Or for the accordion style tabs, it will cut out the first tab when i go to view the post, and say no tab. When i go back to the editor it will of added three more of the opening and closing codes for the tabs. For no reason.

Im not sure if its a problem with me, my computer or the specific thread i was trying to make. Heres a link to the thread : here
(you can see the problem near the bottom)

The most common cause for this issue is when you use the rich text editor tools (like actually clicking on the buttons to format things) and then try to manually put BBcode within text that you've formatted.

For example, if you change the font color for a line of text by highlighting and using the color button, then stick an accordion or spoiler BBcode inside the text you colored, the editor bugs out. I think it's just the editor trying to be helpful by attempting to close loose tags for you, but it sometimes can't figure out how to do it right when you have formatting and then manual BBcode within.

I checked the post and it looks like you've sorted it out, but the easiest way to avoid it in the future is to use the BBcode editor instead of the Rich Text Editor, OR to leave all your text formatting until you're done with all the content of your post. Make sure you don't highlight manual BBcode when you're using Rich Text buttons, too!

• Love
Reactions: Brovo
Update on the buggy post: My signature is viewable on mobile while everyone else's remain hidden.

Search function isn't broken, it was purposely turned off after a DDoS attack on Iwaku the other day. It'll probably be turned back on soon.

Apparently, the OOC chats for the different chatrooms have magical time-travelling properties in European time. Observe:

Magic.jpg

Guys, one of you should hop over to @Bigg Slamm 's page and drop a profile post and figure out what's going on with him. He wanted me to post here for him because pms and threads won't work for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.