DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
It varies a lot depending on my schedule, unfortunately.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Psychological horror
Body horror
Supernatural
Giallo
Splatterpunk
Dark fantasy
Historical
Low fantasy
Magipunk
Weird West
Noir
Thriller
Gothic horror
Southern Gothic
Gaslamp fantasy
Cyberpunk
Space saga
Clockpunk
Space Western
Space opera
Paranormal
Modern fantasy
Dieselpunk
Post-Apocalyptic
Crime drama
Medieval fantasy
This is a thread for reporting anything you believe to be a bug! We have just updated the forum to a whole new software version, so there are bound to be errors. Please post ALL bug reports here for the time being.

LIST OF KNOWN ISSUES (CHECK THIS LIST BEFORE POSTING):

• Some BBcodes may be broken! Please DO NOT report BBcode issues here. Go to this thread instead.
  • Some permission settings may be broken. Please DO report any issues you have with viewing or using thread, post, or other tools.
  • The styles are not finished. Please DO report anything that causes visibility issues.
  • The Ads Manager and roleplay ad banners are currently unavailable. There is an error that is top priority to fix, don't worry.
  • Some Google Fonts are not displaying correctly.
  • The bump tool for threads is not compatible with 2.0. We are working to find a replacement but there is currently not a viable option. :[
  • Signatures are displaying full size rather than collapsing. We are also trying to fix this, but until then, please use smol signatures and do not stretch the page. Signatures now auto scroll if they are too tall.
  • Post ratings got eaten in the database transfer. We unfortunately can't do anything about this one. They still are counted towards your ranking for most likes on the Members page, but may not all appear on your posts or on your profile count. UPDATE: Post reaction counts for profiles should now be FIXED. Some reactions still did not transfer over, specifically those from deleted users or those given to posts by deleted users.
  • Custom site styles are no longer a thing because the new version of UIX does not include a style chooser. To make up for this, new site styles are on the way! We'll be adding a variety of color styles to go with our greyscale options. (ALSO CLOWN FIESTA.)
  • Prefixes for Inbox Conversations didn't make it, but you can now create categories!
  • STAR FORUMS ARE CURRENTLY NOT ACCESSIBLE. We are working on a fix for this but this one was a major nasty surprise. Please hold tight, this just became top priority. Go here to get this fixed!
  • Character Gallery bio fields are not displaying properly, but don't worry! They're not lost! We'll have them up as soon as possible. Bios are now visible! There is still an error with the field phrases though.
  • "Restricted" Clans are hidden to everyone except specific usergroups (currently, none). If your Clan is set to Restricted and you can no longer view it, contact an Admin for help.
  • Alerts are given for every new post reaction. Until this is fixed, you can turn off notifications for reactions in your Preferences.
  • Sidebars and conversation info may not be displaying in Firefox. Chrome and IE display correctly.
  • Dice roller and results are not displaying. They SHOULD still be in there, however, so we'll get those back soon. The new dice roller could not transfer the data in to the new system - HOWEVER the data still exists. If you need dice roll records, give us the post id for each roll and we can get that for you.
  • Zero Star is not hiding the star forums from the index.
  • Ban reasons now show on profiles and not on banned members' posts. Their posts are not greyed-out and their avatars are not removed. We lost this addon.
  • After leaving conversations, they still count towards the category tally.
  • The Ignore Forum function got lost. Currently no viable alternative addon.
  • Element Clans have reverted to gender selections. We'll switch this back ASAP, since we can't remove this field. GUESS WHAT? WE CAN FINALLY DELETE THIS. It is kill.
  • BbCode in Profile Posts is currently turned OFF due to a massive error. It will return once that error is fixed.

LIST OF KNOWN STYLE ISSUES

• Roleplay resumes are squished and cut off in the thread view (below avatars).
  • Thread prefixes at the top of the forum index are scrolling endlessly to the right rather than moving to a new row. Fixed.
  • Mobile does not have an easy way to access your own profile from the dropdown menu.
  • Thread export is cutting off at 3000 posts. The cut off is now 300,000 posts. If that is not enough, damn.
  • Alert flags on mobile do not show unless you click the menu.
  • Conversations are squished.
  • Block notices are appearing below thread titles and tags.
  • There is a huge empty space on mobile between the user info and the post field for posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if this fits into the fact that all avatars are now square, but my sweet toothpaste cat is so scared of the new forum it won't come out of its tube.

...By which I mean gif avatars are broken.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Nemopedia
Uh not sure what to do. Only appears on this one page.
When I'm just on my laptop, the posting part is out of frame and I can't access it at all. It's pushing all the posts below it to the side, and prevents me from posting :-/
When I'm using dual monitors, this is what I see. Still messes with the posts below it though.

Screenshot (3).png

I woke up to a strange bit of phantom alert spam. My alerts said Holmishire posted on my profile 6 times within two minutes. However, the link to all of them go to the same profile post: one from July 3, 2018. There are no new reactions on it and I don't think it has been edited, so I have no idea what could have even caused this.

alert spam.png

Alright so I read through the thread and I don't think this issue was mentioned, but if a fairly small issue.

A style / text box issues?

Typing inside the reply box. Whenever I am typing, both conversations and right now, the sliders for both left and right and up and down, keep flashing because they can't decide if they are going to be there or not. So basically it keepings appearing and reappearing with every single thing I type, creating a quick flashing that is giving me quite the headache from watching.

Not sure if that is a problem or not or if it is me or the site.

Minor thing. On mobile (not sure about on desktop), the "last post" date on each thread is missing a space. Sorry for large screen grab size:
C8AE26C4-3849-4FD5-BF0F-5D32C31E5065.png

Notice where it shows the last post in each thread, it says Iwaku repliedSunday instead of Iwaku replies Sunday.

Not sure if it does this on desktop too, I only noticed it just now.

jorick hates me so i have to post this here

https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/form/staff-intern.1/select

unknown.png

edit: found another one on this page Iwaku Clans: Policies and Guidelines

DOUBLE EDIT: one of the answers on this page say SPOILER instead of A: and its bothering me ok RESOURCE Frequently Asked Questions

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Jorick
I woke up to a strange bit of phantom alert spam. My alerts said Holmishire posted on my profile 6 times within two minutes. However, the link to all of them go to the same profile post: one from July 3, 2018. There are no new reactions on it and I don't think it has been edited, so I have no idea what could have even caused this.

View attachment 166276
hi jorick i edited that post six times

[IMG] doesn't work in the new [spoili]s, so I was trying to figure out the best combination.

• Thank You
Reactions: Astaroth
jorick hates me so i have to post this here

https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/form/staff-intern.1/select

unknown.png

edit: found another one on this page Iwaku Clans: Policies and Guidelines

DOUBLE EDIT: one of the answers on this page say SPOILER instead of A: and its bothering me ok RESOURCE Frequently Asked Questions
Yeah, the functionality of custom colors for warning BBcode currently does not work, so anywhere we used it got borked. The other one is just what happens when you type the same code over and over nonstop for four hours in the early AM, and is fixed now.

We really need all bug reports to stay in the main Bug Report thread for now, so I'm going to be moving your post and this one into that thread shortly. Please post anything else you find there from now on! Thanks. :]

tl;dr: div boxes w/o text inside = no display
That's indeed a thing that has popped up after the update. Best way to combat that (if you really don't want any text) is by adding text and then colouring the text transparent. That way it won't be visible.

Code:
[color=transparent]Text[/color]
:o thank you, I did not know you could enter transparent into the color code.

One other little thing I noticed though: is there a reason for PM threads being mobile size even on PC?
Do you mean the sidebar making the message area smaller/squished? That's potentially something that can be fixed in styling, if so, but may be a result of losing our old conversation addon. If you mean something else, can you get us a screenshot?
I'm not sure if this fits into the fact that all avatars are now square, but my sweet toothpaste cat is so scared of the new forum it won't come out of its tube.

...By which I mean gif avatars are broken.
Yeah, this is due to the same thing that's resizing avatars into squares. :| Fixing that should stop image resizing, which will fix .GIFs.

Uh not sure what to do. Only appears on this one page.
When I'm just on my laptop, the posting part is out of frame and I can't access it at all. It's pushing all the posts below it to the side, and prevents me from posting :-/
When I'm using dual monitors, this is what I see. Still messes with the posts below it though.

View attachment 166275
Yeah, this exact page was reported earlier. Something in the coding on that page is breaking things. Once we isolate what exactly it is, we can fix it.

Alright so I read through the thread and I don't think this issue was mentioned, but if a fairly small issue.

Typing inside the reply box. Whenever I am typing, both conversations and right now, the sliders for both left and right and up and down, keep flashing because they can't decide if they are going to be there or not. So basically it keepings appearing and reappearing with every single thing I type, creating a quick flashing that is giving me quite the headache from watching.

Would it be possible to get a screenshot? I am definitely not seeing anything flashing when I'm typing in the editor, and I'm not sure what you mean by sliders. Do you mean the scrollbars?

Minor thing. On mobile (not sure about on desktop), the "last post" date on each thread is missing a space. Sorry for large screen grab size:

Notice where it shows the last post in each thread, it says Iwaku repliedSunday instead of Iwaku replies Sunday.

Not sure if it does this on desktop too, I only noticed it just now.
The spacing is fine on both my mobile and my desktop browser. Clear your cache and let me know if this is still showing strangely for you?

@Kat and @TheQueensGuard

The issue with that page was actually a really simple issue of the way the codes were nested in the post editor! Specifically in this post. We had to find a new addon for the tab BBcode, and this one apparently does NOT like when you put the CENTER code around a whole post that includes tabs. Putting CENTER codes inside each tab will fix the issue!

Reactions: TheQueensGuard
In mobile, where I do all of my work, the typing is ridiculously slow. It takes minutes where it should have taken seconds for things to type. Just typing this took ages. Please help.

In mobile, where I do all of my work, the typing is ridiculously slow. It takes minutes where it should have taken seconds for things to type. Just typing this took ages. Please help.
What browser are you using? I'm not able to replicate your issue on mobile. Have you cleared your cache and/or run a cleaner app on your phone recently? If not, try that and let me know if you're still having this problem.

I use Google. Might just be my phone but typing is absurdly slow

I use Google. Might just be my phone but typing is absurdly slow
While there has been some minor lag with pages loading, the issue you're describing does seem to be on your end. If you clear your browser cache and run a cleaner app like CleanMaster on your phone to remove junk, switch off unused apps, and increase your phone's RAM, it should help with this issue.

Not sure if it's an error or on purpose but the information on why people have been banned is gone.

Not sure if it's an error or on purpose but the information on why people have been banned is gone.
That (and the fact that their avatars are no longer replaced with one for banned people and their posts are no longer greyed out) is due to a lost addon that did not have a replacement for XenForo 2.0.

• Thank You
That (and the fact that their avatars are no longer replaced with one for banned people and their posts are no longer greyed out) is due to a lost addon that did not have a replacement for XenForo 2.0.
Ohhh okay. I only noticed because it's a weird pass time activity to look at the reasons people have been banned.

Reactions: Sidhe
Rich text editor. Before it was a simple remove, an you didn't have this toggle option.

Well my toggle option keeps turning back on every time I enter a new thread, or try to edit something, and it is ruining my coding. It won't just permanently stay toggled to off.

Rich text editor. Before it was a simple remove, an you didn't have this toggle option.

Well my toggle option keeps turning back on every time I enter a new thread, or try to edit something, and it is ruining my coding. It won't just permanently stay toggled to off.
Hm, that's strange. Mine definitely stays off when navigating between threads.

We also did have a function that toggled the RTE on and off before, it just was text and not an icon. Just to check, are you definitely looking for the option to switch the RTE off, or just to remove formatting from a section of rich text? The "remove formatting" button is the first option on the left.

If you are trying to just keep the RTE off and it's not cooperating, it may be something going on in your browser. Try clearing your cache and then make sure that your browser is allowing cookies on our site.

I used to have a similar problem! Do you use grammarly or any other spellcheck addon in your browser?

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.