Brothers in Arms: The story of one tank crew in the face of extreme adversity

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hey, that's my job, Johan!" Leon snapped, clearly annoyed that someone did his share of the work. "Last time I checked, you were only supposed to put a shell into the canon and close the breach while I get the canon lined up with the target and send the projectile down range. Stick to your job and yours alone. When I die then you can get in my seat and fire the round. Next time you try doing my job before I'm dead, I'll make sure you get my point in a very painful way. Understand?" He finished as he held the Bowie knife in front of the other man's face with flames of anger burning in his eyes.
Johan was obviously oblivious to the situation. But once he heard the fellow German threaten him, he stood up and smirked. "Are you threatening me, Untermensch?" His hands were tightened into fists, a fight about to possibly start.

"Permission to speak freely, sir?" Leon growled as he lowered the massive bladed knife. Needless to say, Leon didn't want a bullet put in his head. He then returned his attention to Johan and said "threat? No, that's a promise from one man to another. The point is do not do someone else's job when they can do it themself."

Last edited:
Sam heard the commotion behind her and turned around, standing up from her seat. She pushed Johan by his chest, making him fall back into his chair. She did the same to Leon. "You're both acting like children. Now quit throwing your temper tantrums and get back to fire practice." She turned back around and sat in her seat.

He would grab her arm, a grimaced expression on his face as his face was relatively close to hers "Stay out of this, fraulein. My problem is with the Untermensch, not you. Stay out of it." He let go of her arm, sitting back down as he looked at Leon. "Stand up! Let's go and practice! Or should I take your place aswell!?"

"Frauline Unteroffizier, let me deal with this myself." Katz said calmly, the gun still to Leon's head. "Now, if you can't control yourself and save that shit for the enemy, I will either paint the walls of this tank with the contents of your head, or give you to the Gestapo as a Jew. So you better not make true on that promise." He placed the Luger back in its holster and the smile returned to his face, "Now, let us get back to having a bit of fun."

"Commander, I'm a Jaëger. Everyone in my family is a hunter and we all follow the rule of the hunt. Don't take anyone's kill. I'm just applying that rule to my job. I'm a soldier and I don't need someone making me look like I'm not pulling my weight by doing my job for me. What use as I if I don't do the job the Fürher gave me as a soldier?" Leon asked "I need to do my task in this tank myself and be a productive soldier and not some lazy good for nothing."

Last edited:
"I appreciate your enthusiasm, but if you threaten my crew, you are no use to me. And when you are no longer use to me, I will dispose of you in one way or another. Understand?" Katz looked him in the eye. More than anything his eyes displayed concern.

"Commander, I'm a Jaëger. Everyone in my family is a hunter and we all follow the rule of the hunt. Don't take anyone's kill. I'm just applying that rule to my job. I'm a soldier and I don't need someone making me look like I'm not pulling my weight by doubt my job for me. What use as I if I don't do the job the Fürher gave me as a soldier?"
Johan still kept looking at the both of them. He scoffed, baffled really that a Soldat would even make a remark to an Unteroffizier. But it didn't matter. "Then do your hob and stop smoking... Schnell, Schnell!"

"Never touched tobacco in my life. Scares the game off. Now load the next shell so i can get on the next target and take it out." Leon said after he nodded to the commander "can't shoot an empty gun, moron. As for our little fun, Johan, we can have a friendly sparing match later."

Sam, relieved that the two hadn't actually started a fistfight inside the tank, leaned her head back against her seat and sighed in relief, letting the gun-boys have their fun until she had to move the tank again.

He
"Never touched tobacco in my life. Scares the game off. Now load the next shell so i can get on the next target and take it out." Leon said after he nodded to the commander "can't shoot an empty gun, moron. As for our little fun, Johan, we can have a friendly sparing match later."
Johan smirked, giving a special finger to him as he put in the next HE round, closing the hatch "Fire in the hole!"

Leon lined it up and pulled the trigger, feeling the power behind the big gun after rolling his eyes "reload." He said.

Leon lined it up and pulled the trigger, feeling the power behind the big gun after rolling his eyes "reload." He said.
Johan pulled back the hatch, loading another HE round into the cannon, closing the hatch again as he held his ears, this time opening the top hatch in order to view the explosion. "Fire in the hole!"

Leon lined it up with another target, fired and said "Let's see how quickly and accurately we can get these shots on target. Reload."

Leon lined it up with another target, fired and said "Let's see how quickly and accurately we can get these shots on target. Reload."
Johan smiled, looked quickly through the visor hole and grabbing another HE round. He loaded it again, closed the hatch, and looked at Leon. "Fire your guns!"

They were like kids in a candy store, quite honestly. How could a group of people be so involved with a war they were hardly fighting yet? Franz shook his head, and shook off the shock of the fires. These people are going to send him rolling, and he could already tell. As soon as he felt it was the least bit safe, he climbed into the tank, crowded and nustled like spoons.

He had the urge to smoke, seeing as he hardly got a taste for his first cigarette, but he had it hard just getting the back he had on him. The last thing he wanted was to share a drag with his new 'mates'. Hendrik crawled into his space, slid up his glasses, and inspected his controls. He'd seen all of these in one time or another, but never at once like this before. He had a feeling he was going to have a blast.

And quite literally, too. Another large boom echoed through the bellows of the tank, and almost knocked Constanze off of his post. "Mein Gott im Hemmel, we'll run out of shells before the battle even begins." He muttered, biting the inside of his lip. This was a children's crusade.

"Alright guy's, if we want to keep shooting now we'll have to switch to the target rounds." Katz said with a smile on his face. He had noticed the radio operators discontent at what he assumed was the rambunctiousness of the crew. He was going to appreciate having another old soul on his crew.

Leon fired the round and waited for the next round to be loaded. As he sat there, he opened the hatch next to his station for a little air flow.

Johan followed the gyroscope of the turret, making sure it was in place. He looked at Katz and made a look of disdain, sighing. "Ja Oberleutnant..." He loaded a training round, closing the hatch again. "Blow it up!"

"Now let's see how quickly we can get these rounds off." Leon said with a smile before he pulled the trigger and lounged up the next shot "reload."

Status
Not open for further replies.